Dog Walker | Jinkook

By halekook

Kim Seokjin, a college student who works as a dog walker on the side, has an unpleasant run-in with an arroga... More

Welcome: A New Journey Begins
Characters
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine

Chapter Eleven

2.9K 457 179
By halekook

Jin couldn't deny that he had a restful night's sleep. The only positive aspect of the trip was that he could fall asleep immediately upon resting his head on the pillow and remained asleep until he was awakened by sounds coming from outside the room. He had chosen to ignore the movements from outside the room as he had little interest in learning the details of the man's activities. He had high hopes that the other person would forget that he was there and go on with his pursuits.

The hotel was very nice, and he had no hesitation about spending his entire time alone. Unfortunately, he had the distinct feeling that this would not be possible as he recalled how he needed to finish every last bit of the soup before he could go to bed.

Even though it was his fault for lying about being unwell, he did not anticipate being treated like a kid and being watched while he sipped the soup. As evidence that he had consumed the medication, he was even ordered to push out his tongue and open his mouth wide.

If Taehyung weren't his best friend and his bills weren't going to be paid, allowing him to save, he would have blown it, but he was proud of himself since he was able to maintain his composure throughout the ordeal.

He slid out of bed slowly and quietly, and as he stretched, he noticed that his muscles weren't as tense as they typically were when he slept on his cheap bed.

He approached the window in a measured and careful manner, and once there, he drew the curtain aside and opened the blinds. The stunning panorama that awaited him made him break out in a broad smile. It was unfortunate that his phone was broken because he would have snapped some pictures to help him remember the moment. There was no disturbance, and the view of the skyline was breathtaking.

"Seokjin, you should be awake now. Are you awake?"

And just like that, Jin's moment of tranquility was shattered beyond repair. He let out a deep sigh as he leaned his head on the window and rubbed his forehead against it. When he considered the events that would transpire during the day, he was under the influence that falling through would not be such a horrible thing.

"Seokjin, I would like to demand a response. Are you awake? If you do not respond to this knock on the door, I will be forced to enter your room even though I would prefer not to do so without your invitation. Are you still unwell?"

Jin took a long and deep breath, "Jungkook, yes, I am awake."

On the other end, there was complete silence until the door suddenly clicked and opened. As the realization dawned on Jin, his eyes widened in response.

After pushing the door open, Jungkook went ahead and went in. His eyes seemed to glaze away as he turned his back on Jin and said, "if you were awake, why did you not respond?"

"I answered your question! Why did you come into my room, and from where did you get a key to enter? What is wrong with you?" Jin was under the impression that Jungkook couldn't possibly surprise him in any other way, but once again, he was proven wrong by Jungkook.

"The fact that you are not wearing a shirt when standing near the window irritates me. You must put one on right now! You should not be on display to the general public in that manner. I will leave your room so that you may get dressed appropriately, and in two minutes, you need to meet me in the living area."

As Jin continued to look at the space that had formerly been occupied by Jungkook, he did not close the gaping hole in his mouth. He was at a loss for words to properly explain anything that had happened. He was all set to head back home. Due to this, there was just no way to survive the weekend. It was completely unrealistic of him to think he could. It was physically difficult to put up with the guy himself.

*****

As Jungkook worked to clear his mind of the troubling thoughts, he moved back and forth across the living room.

When Seokjin emerged from his room and became visible, he immediately stopped pacing back and forth and turned his attention to Seokjin. "Since you have changed into more acceptable attire, you appear quite different."

"I'm not really sure whether that's meant to be a compliment, but alright. Why did you want me out here, Jungkook?"

"I don't want any confusion between us, Seokjin. Please don't take this the wrong way. I have to tell you, in all honesty, that you have a really appealing appearance. On the other hand, I think it would be fun if we only went on dates. I am not sure how quickly things have moved in the previous relationships you have had in the past, but I consider myself to be a person who values tradition.

I am aware of your age, and because you are so young, maybe things will be different for you. In any event, I would urge that you respect my stand on this matter and refrain from making any underhanded attempts to entice me in any way. I am not easily seduced by others. Please be aware that I possess a great deal of self-control.

Therefore, restrict the behaviors that you are imagining carrying out in your head. I did not intend for this trip to have any other significance behind it. There is a reason behind my decision to have separate rooms."

Jin's eyes were wide open, and he was once again speechless due to his state of shock. After he had collected himself, he couldn't help but let out a laugh. He was again in disbelief.

"Are you nuts? What have I done that makes you think I'm trying to get you to like me? No, really, as an older man, are you crazy? Where the hell do you get those creative ideas, and why do you think it's okay to say them out loud? Jungkook, I'm not trying to get you to like me, not now and not ever!

I didn't even want to go out on this date! Just get over yourself, please. You are not as great as you think you are. I wouldn't be here with you if it weren't for Taehyung. I'm here because it's a favor to my friend."

Jungkook was concerned by what Seokjin had to say and asked, "what does your friend have to do with you being here with me?"

Jin heaved a sigh; he didn't care anymore as it was all out, "Jungkook, I only came on this date with you because my friend promised to pay my bills so he could go out with Jimin and they could have some peaceful time without you interfering or interrupting. Because, sadly, it would seem that no one around you can have peace if you don't have peace, particularly when you are obsessed with desiring someone or something that doesn't want you."

The muscles in Jungkook's jaw stiffened up, and he took a backward step as he ran his hand through his hair.

Jin instantly regretted how he had expressed himself, but this was the result of pushing him to his limits to the point where he snapped.

"Seokjin, I know I have said this before; nevertheless, I ask that you take me seriously this time because I am not going to give you another opportunity similar to this because I am not a fool. You traveled all the way here with me only because of your friend so he could go out on a date with my assistant, is that right?"

Jin's gaze traveled all over the ceiling as he gently nodded his head. "Jungkook, you are a fascinating guy, but to tell you the truth, to be fair, the sort of man you are is not the kind of man I would date. We are really different from one another."

"Seokjin, You seem to have a fundamental misunderstanding of the gravity of the situation. I am totally aware of the reasons why you could consider me to be unsuitable for a romantic relationship with you. It makes perfect sense since I am me. I get it. Nevertheless, I postponed an international trip with a major client so that I could give you the opportunity to go on this date, and now you're telling me that you're just here so that your best friend may have a chance to fuck my assistant?

I won't even consider addressing the fact that you are having your bills paid out of this because if that was something you needed, I could pay your bills for the rest of your life. Are you actually a student at a university?"

In the absence of words, Jin remained silent.

"You are quiet. Well, keep being quiet. You are more than welcome to stay here for the rest of the weekend to enjoy the hospitality of this establishment. I am going to have to go. I am done giving you opportunities. I have been extremely honest about my feelings, and I have done all in my power to make this work. Despite this, I do not enjoy being tricked, and Seokjin, you have deceived me significantly.

I thought maybe you were different; in fact, when you said that you had had seven lovers, I thought maybe you have bad luck with men; nevertheless, it seems that the guys in your life have been the ones who have had bad luck. This behavior on your part is immoral. You have no right to call yourself a dog walker and behave in such a way. You were permitted to be around my dog because I trusted you to some degree. I am to blame for it.

I offered you the attention I wasn't required to give, but I gave it because I am a good man, yet you took it for granted. I wish you the best of luck in your life. I purchased you a new phone this morning, and it's now sitting on the table in the dining room. You are free to keep it since I do not accept returned items. You should feel ashamed of yourself for doing bad things to nice people just so you can pay your bills.

We had the potential to be amazing, Seokjin. We had the potential to be. It is not my fault; it is your loss. I would have paid all of your expenses without hesitation if you had asked." As he walked away, Jungkook gave a dismissive shake of his head.

"Jungkook-"

"No, I urge you, just let me go. I know this is hard, but you have done and spoken enough. Your loss. I told you not to mess this up, but you did. Now live with it."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5M 53.2K 56
Jeon Jungkook an arrogant boss , a well known CEO , very rich has anything he wants. A drunken night and everything was a roller coaster for him as h...
11.1K 949 18
Meet professor Kim SEOKJIN aka jin a simple, talented and beautiful guy with a soft heart and miserable life. On the other hand Meet Jeon jungkook ak...
546 186 23
What an annoying jerk! Will you fuck off? Can't you both stay a day without fighting? Watch as this two unknowingly tangled....
289K 28.7K 37
Jeon Jungkook, an unemployed young single father, struggling to provide for his daughter, gets the chance to be the chauffeur for Kim Seokjin, a dire...