"And Then I Met You"

By the_meltinglines

Life gives ups and downs to everyone. Some sad memories & some good one. But when sometimes the sad memories... More

Copy Rights & Charater Aesthetics
Chapter 1
Chapter - 2
Chapter - 3
Chapter- 4
Chapter - 5
Chapter- 6
Chapter- 7
Chapter - 8
Chapter - 9
Chapter - 10
Chapter- 11
Chapter- 12
Chapter - 13
Chapter- 14
Chapter- 15
Chapter- 16
Chapter- 17
Chapter- 18
Chapter - 19
Chapter -20
Chapter- 21
Chapter- 22
Chapter- 23
Chapter- 24
Chapter- 25
Chapter- 26
Chapter- 27
Chapter- 28
Chapter- 29
Chapter- 30
Chapter- 31
Chapter- 32
Chapter- 33
Chapter- 34
Chapter- 35
Chapter- 36
Chapter- 37
Chapter- 38
Chapter- 39
Chapter- 41
Chapter- 42
Chapter- 43
Chapter- 44
Chapter- 45
Chapter- 46
Chapter- 47
Chapter- 48
Chapter- 49
Chapter- 50
Chapter- 51
Chapter- 52
Chapter- 53
Chapter-54
Chapter-55
Chapter- 56
Chapter- 57
Chapter- 58
Chaptee- 59
Chapter- 60
Chapter-61
Chapter- 62
Chapter- 63
Chapter-64
Chapter-65
Chapter-66
Chapter - 67
Chapter- 68
Chapter- 69
Chapter- 70
Chapter-71
Chapter-72
Chapter- 73
Chapter- 74
Chapter-75
Chapter-76
Chapter- 77
Chapter-78
Chapter-79
Chapter-80
Chapter-81
EPILOGUE

Chapter- 40

5.6K 366 75
By the_meltinglines

ISHA'S POV

Nahargarh Fort!

It's my most favorite place in Jaipur.

When I was small and something would've happened, I used to come here.

It was like a mood changer for me.

And of course, mom's favorite place.

People who know mom & dad closely knows why Nahargarh Fort is so close to their heart.

But, I never thought that I'll be coming here this way.

Of course I wanted to bring him here but not when... I'm immensely hurt with what he has done.

I need answers but my anger doesn't even allow me to talk to him.

I want to shout at him and ask why He left me all alone there when he promised to be there for me!

A lone tear escaped my eye as I was seeing the sun set sitting on the edge of the fort when a hand suddenly touched my cheek and wiped that tear.

I looked at the person and turned my face away.

People says my blue eyes are hypnotizing then why these brown eyes pull me towards them!

He sighed and sat near me looking at the sky.

"The sunset's really beautiful from here" He said and I didn't speak anything.

"Thankyou for bringing me here Isha" He added while I looked at the sky constantly.

"And... I'm sorry" He whispered and I looked away this time as tears pooled into my eyes.

"I've no rights to make you cry but I do that everytime. I'm really bad I know" He sighed and I wiped my tears.

"Please don't cry Isha. That's really painful to see" He added turning my face towards him.

"Tsch. Say something Isha. Anything. Yell at me, slap me, punch me. Anything. But talk to me please. " He begged and it's the first time I look at him.

"Mihir Malhotra, you can't just come in my life then disappear suddenly and then make an entry back so easily" I finally said as anger overpowered me and I was about to stand up but a firm hold on my wrist didn't let me.

"Leave my hand Mihir" I warned

"Never. No. You've to listen to me" He stubbornly said

"I don't want to. I don't want to listen anything because you lost the right. I thought you as my... My best friend Mihir. That friend who would never leave me. There are very very few people to whom I'm close. You were the one and I thought... For you too it was same. But I was wrong. I was fucking wrong because you left me. You left me when I needed you the most. When....I wanted you. When my time in Mumbai was going to get over and I wanted to spend it with you. Everyday I was reminded of you but I didn't get to see you. You left. Without giving reasons, without telling anything. Without a Goodbye! So You, Mihir Malhotra, Have no Rights Now" I yelled and he clenched his fist.

"I do have. And I know that. Because I've hurt you and you're angry. Do you know what does that mean? We are something. And I've right to explain why I left. Where I left. Without explanations" He stated and I glared him.

"We.. Are nothing. So Leave My Hand" I warned again

"Try me" He challenged and I wriggled by wrist trying to get up but it was nearly impossible.

I sighed in frustration and looked at him.

" Why are you causing pain to me everytime. Why." I screamed as tears left my eyes and this time he left my wrist but his one hand was on waist because we were on the edge and if he would've left my hand, I could've stumbled.

Why so much care when I'm nothing to you Mihir!

And he hugged me tightly.

And there I bursted into tears.

I cried... I cried my heart out in arms of the person due to whom I was crying!

But still, it was calming.

"I don't want to cause you any pain. I swear that's painful to me too. But, I'm in such a condition that I had to leave you because I didn't want to hurt you. At least I thought this. " He said and I sobbed.

"If you wanted to be so much away from me then why to make me remind of you every another hour. Why when I reached office, I saw media nearby but no one cares to touch me. Because you had given then warnings. Why at office, Mr. Tripathi never let me go alone anywhere because those were your orders. When I reached home, I used to get those brownies every day from Theobroma because you promised them. Whenever there were thunderstorms, Mihira bhabhi reached me at time because you told her to do so! What do you think Mihir that I didn't get that all? You didn't break any of your promise but the difference was, it wasn't you! It was someone else everytime when what I needed was you. " I cried and he looked shocked at me.

"I...I was compelled" He said and I chuckled humorlessly

"Compelled by what huh? I wasn't going to die in front of you" I snapped

"Shut up Isha. Just shut up. ." He yelled and I flinched

"I was compelled because I was afraid to fa... I was afraid to hurt you "he said looking away

" You already did that Mihir. You already did. " I sobbed and I heard a sigh.

"Trust me Isha. I'm selfish. Even when I wouldn't have wanted to hurt you, I could've. I'm a beast" He whispered and I looked at him.

My eyes softened seeing him.

"I am surrounded by my own darkness & guilt. And that won't just go away. And I don't want you to be in that darkness." He added and I looked at him confused.

"I was afraid to face you! But... I'm ready to face now! All I want is, you to be ready to listen" He completed and I looked at him.

"When I wasn't Mihir" I asked

"Then do that now. Please" He begged and I nodded

What!

Are you giving up the hurt and anger of yours?

No I ain't!

But...Everyone has a story.

And it's his!

And I've to listen to it!

"You must remember right when you asked me why Mihir you met was so different from Mihir now? " He asked and I looked at him when he passed a painful smile to me wiping my tear.

"Because I've lost someone I loved just like Mihira. The Apple of my eye. Our family's eye. She says that she's dead for me " He said and I looked at him shocked as a tear left his eye.

"W.. What's her name" I asked

"Avika. Avika Khanna. Daughter of Advik uncle & Naina aunt" He revealed and I was shocked will be an understatement.

I remember them from Vivaan bhai & Mihira bhabhi's wedding.

They live in NY.

"She's.. Alive right? " I asked

"What's the story Mihir? " I asked and he took a deep breath.

"Avika...or as Mihira says me to call her... Avika di because she's three years older then us. But I never called her di. She was.. My best friend. Mihira's best friend. Our families were like so connected that each of our vacations used to be at one place. The family trips included three families. Ours, Avika's and Jivya's. But Avika & I were most close. She used to share every thing with me. Like smallest to biggest. Those were the happy times" He said and a small smile appeared on his face which shows how happy he must've been in those days.

"When we grew older, she took her mom's, Naina aunt's fashion house as business. And trust me, she's so damn good at that. There, she met Vikram. My business rival." He said and I can guess what would've happened.

"They fell in love. Vikram.. Wasn't a good person back then Isha. He was.. A cassenova. I know I judged him but how could've I given my Avika's hand to someone who wasn't trustworthy. I denied to accept their relationship. Even everyone did. Naina aunt & Advik uncle too because it was about their only child. But it was love after all. Hence, I decided that I'll make a deal... Deal with Vikram." He whispered

Flashback

"Vikram Singh Rathore" I said and he looked up from his file.

"Mr. Mihir Malhotra. What a pleasent surprise. What good deeds I've done to see you at my office that too on Sunday ." He asked

"Trust me you've done none" I said while he looked at his watch

"See. If you've come to pass your time like this then do it here till you want. And even if there's something really important. Do that fast, I've a meeting in half an hour " He told looking at his watch.

"Yeah. When the whole building is empty on Sunday you've a meeting. I'm sure it's Meeting with Avika. The important thing " I mocked when he looked at me.

"Mr. Mihir Malhotra, don't mix my personal life with profession" He warned

"Really! It's you who have mixed the personal life with professional. Why huh! Why bringing Avika in all this. It's yours and mine personal rivalry right! Then be a man and fight from front" I snapped

"Are you mad Mihir. Do you really think I'll need Avika for that. Are you out of your mind" He chastised

"Do this drama in front of Avika. I'm not her and I'm not gonna get trapped in it. You want to pull me down by using my loved ones right. But I'm warning you Vikram Singh Rathore, don't test me in this" I warned deadly

"It's low of you to think so low Mihir. Why will I even do that. Have some mind that why would I choose Avika if I've to target you" He snapped

"Of course because you know you can't target anyone else in my family. She's.. Naive. She thinks by heart not by brain. I don't know what did she even see in you" I chided and he glared me.

"I love her Mihir" He said and I gritted my teeth.

"Don't! Don't gimme that bullshit of love right now. Okay let's cut it short. Leave Avika" I said and he chuckled

"And why do you think I'll do that" He asked folding his hands

"Because I've an offer to make" I smirked and he looked at me.

"What" He asked

"Leave Avika forever. In turn, I'll not touch any sites in NY and nearby " I offered and he looked at me shocked.

" You know right what does it means" He asked

"I can do anything for my family. But I'll not let Avika get trapped into this. I know you'll take this offer because it'll the biggest opportunity for you" I said and he looked at me.

"That's really kind of you Mihir but.." He was saying while I smirked.

"She's my sister. I can do anything for her. So here's the offer Vikram. Take it, I know you want to and leave Avika" I stated taking out papers from the pocket of my coat when I heard sound of something falling.

I turned around to see Avika standing there. And the floor had the bouquet of flowers.

I looked shocked at her and looked at Vikram who was equally shocked.

Before I could speak, Vikram spoke.

"It's not like what you saw Avika" He said and she looked at him with tears in her eyes.

"It's exactly like what I've seen Vikram" She whispered and looked at me.

"Avika, before thinking anything, just.. Just listen to me" I said and she chuckled bitterly

"To you? Who right now was making a deal out of my life? " She accused and I looked shocked at her.

"What! No. I...It's not like what it looks" I said and she glared me with blood shot eyes.

"You know, I thought the one person that understands me in the whole world is you. Everyone can be against me but you, will always be on my side. But how wrong was I! You just are the villian of my life. Weren't problems less due to you Mihir that you did this. Mom & dad already aren't ready for this relationship because they blindly trust you. And you, you fucking are hell bend on ruining my life. How can you just... Be so so selfish! How" She screamed and I looked shocked at her.

"I...care fo.. " I was saying before which she spoke

"No! No you don't Mihir Malhotra. You don't care a bit about me. Because you made a deal out of my happiness, my love and my life here. Everything is business for you right! That's so shameful that you're the world famous Business tycoon Mihir Malhotra. But you've no heart" She accused and I just looked at her.

"What are you saying Avika" Vikram said and she glared him too.

"And you... Mr. Vikram Singh Rathore, that was your love! It was so cheap that you were to sell it to this man here" She pointed to me

"What! No " He whispered while she laughed.

She laughed with tears falling from eyes and it broke my heart.

"Pl.. Please don't say like this Avi. We'll sort this out. It's not what it looks" I begged

"Don't talk to me sir. I despise you. And You both... I.. Hate you both. And Mihir Malhotra, I wish I won't have told you this all. I wish, you wouldn't have come here to NY ever. We've no relation from now own. Keep my parents too. They're more yours then mine already. It'll remind them that what wrong man they trusted. And yes...I'm dead for you." She said and giving a last look to Vikram she ran out.

"Avika... Avikaa" Vikram screamed as tears left his eyes while I was standing there numb.

"It's what you wanted right! You fucking bastard! I love her! Why don't you God damn understand this. I love her and I was never ever going to accept these bloody deal. Even if you would've given the whole empire of yours to me, I would've rejected because I damn Love her. But you know what Mihir Malhotra, you can't ever understand this. Because, you've never loved anyone " He said pushing me away and ran outside while I stood there as everything Avika said hit me.

I looked at the papers in my hands... The empty papers, which never had any deal in it!

I stood their numb and my heart beat rose as I was feeling choked.

I removed my coat and opened the two buttons of my shirt.

I took a deep breath and ran out when I saw Vikram.

"Where's she" I asked and he looked at me.

"She left" He whispered as tears left his eyes too.

"What! Why didn't you stop her" I screamed

"Because she took away that right from me" He whispered opening his fist when I saw a ring in it.

I looked at him shocked.

"Y.. You both were en... Engaged" I asked

"You ruined everything Mihir. I know you love her, you care a lot for her. But that blinded you so much that you ruined two lives. Hers & mine both. Congratulations Mihir. You know what, your Business Rival is dead from inside now" He said painfully

"I'm.. I.. " I tried to say but the lump formed in my throat couldn't let me speak.

"You may know her, but I know her better then you now. She has left. Forever. " He sniffled and left from there.

I was standing there alone in the whole building.

And I realised that...

I did a sin!

Flashback Ends!

________________________________________

Hola guys! Hope you all are doing amazing!

So, how was the chapter? 🥺

Finally, The past revealed! 🥺

Very few of you were able to actually guess who Avika is! But yes, Avika...just like Isha is for Vivaan, Avika is for Mihir! But... A small mistake, which looked little, turned into big one and.. Snatched one person from everyone🥺🥺💔

Mihir wasn't wrong, but wasn't right too🥺💔

Avika wasn't wrong... But wasn't right too💔

Let's see what Mihir wanna say after sharing the past💔🥺🥺

Do vote, like, share & reviews are always welcomed!

Next update soon !

Till then....

Big hugs ❤

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

617K 33.4K 79
People say love destroys friendship and one shouldn't fall in love with their best friend, unknown of the fact that if it works out you'll have your...
216K 11K 52
(Book 1 in If I Could Series) Fourteen alphabets. Four words. One text. And that was enough to upturn my entire life and all the beliefs I held abou...
841K 41.1K 41
"Mr. Raichand, happy independence day. You have been eating my head since day one to get these papers signed and today I have finally granted your wi...
20.9K 2.6K 31
16/12/2022- Ongoing "Didn't I told you to not let him touch you, then why did he? Answer me?" "I am not answerable to you?" "Did you just roll your e...