What could possibly go wrong...

By Weep1ngCarpetcleaner

"Hey, together we can get what we want. So let's do this." he said excitedly. "What? Are you insane Rodrick... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Information
information
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33

Chapter 34

3.4K 75 93
By Weep1ngCarpetcleaner

You looked up at the guy who was looking down amused and you felt your heart rate speeding up momentarily. You were in a lot of trouble.

You immediately recognized him. About 6’5, black messy hair, green eyes, fit spaghetti noodle body type in a tight black shirt and baggy jeans. About twenty years old. One of the finest men you’ve ever met in your entire life. The bodyguard you recklessly lied to in order to get into the backstage room before Löded Diper’s performance at the talent show.

You were fucked. I mean you wish you were. You were dead. Yeah. That’s a better wording.

Honestly you would lie by saying that you weren’t lowkey hoping on seeing him again someday.

Maybe not exactly under these circumstances since you haven’t exactly planed on how you were going to explain yourself to him yet. But this was fine too. If this man was the last thing, you would see before you died, that wouldn’t even be too bad.

He was just so fine and that sly smile on his face. Wow. Does he look like this at all the people he is about to kill?

You stared at him. You didn’t know what to say. I mean what do you say in these moments? Staring seemed like the safest option.

Okay no. Actually, this is a lie. Running away, hiding in the bathroom, screaming for help – that would have been the safest option.

That freezing in shock was pretty much just an excuse to keep staring at him. A work of art. That's how he looked like. I fucking hate myself for being like this but fuck, just let me be.

He stared back.

Surprisingly, he didn’t look angry. He actually looked quite amused giving you a daring look, not saying a single word.

After you finally realized that he was waiting for you to say something and a solid amount of time passed by a quiet “hi” escaped your mouth.

Hi? Seriously? Over 170 thousand words in the English language I could have used. But I chose hi? After lying to him like this.

Honestly, I’d rather he killed me because I am not trying to live with that embarrassing memory till the rest of my life.

“Hi” he answered visibly entertained, his arms crossing over his chest. “Not so eloquent anymore now, are we?”

You let out a shaky breath, calming down, knowing you could totally still turn this whole thing around. Hopefully.

“See, I only lie that way when I’m convinced that I will not ever see them again, if that makes it any better." Y/N you fucking idiot. "I am so sorry” you said, giving him the most sincere smile you could come up with.

“Don’t be. Lovely story you sold me there and so convincing. I’m actually impressed” he answered as you looked at him surprised.

“I feel weirdly flattered. How exactly did you find out?” you asked relaxing, seeing how chill he was.

“Did some research on the history of the theatre. You had my shitting my pants, afraid that my boss would fire me if he found out I had absolutely no background knowledge on ‘the building I’m working in’”, he said imitating your voice, making you laugh. “But I quickly realized that it was bullshit and that the girl that supposedly saved hundreds of lives that night wasn’t only the prettiest I’ve seen in a while but also quite smart.”

“You’re gonna make me blush” you answered playfully, feeling astonishingly comfortable around him. Maybe you weren’t going to die after all.

“I consider this mission completed then” he answered grabbing something out of his pocket.

“So, what do I owe the pleasure of seeing you here at this crappy high-school party with the cheapest booze and lamest people I've seen in a while?” he kept talking while placing a cigarette in between his lips, unintentionally looking like young God. Oh to have these genes...

I don’t want you to get me wrong here. I am in love with Rodrick (and openly admitting it does still feel pretty weird and I surely need to get used to the sound of those words) but this security guard was still very, very good looking. Pure objective physical attraction. If I didn’t know that pale ass bitch I fell for, I would totally try to make a move here, even though I'm probably on his blacklist. You know, try a little enemies to lovers. But since the moment I've met Rodrick it’s just that I quite simply don’t want anyone else. And welp, it sucks. But that’s just how it is right now.

He inhaled the smoke sharply before turning his head away to blow it out, offering you a cigarette as well.

You shook your head. “I’m good, thanks."

He smiled sheepishly before shoving them back in his pocket together with the lighter that was barely still working.

“It’s the smell” you explained.

He was about to throw away the cigarette he was smoking but you stopped him. It didn’t bother you when someone else did it. It just wasn’t what you liked.

“I'm just here to pick up my friends honestly. Seen the red head beauty and the punk rebel by any chance?” you asked, leaning your back against the wall behind you.

He chuckled amused and before he even had the chance to say anything, you already knew where they were and what they were doing. Maddie, I'll kill you. “I think you should take a break searching because right now they certainly do not want to be found” he said confirming what you were thinking.

You rolled your eyes slightly annoyed.

“Judging by his looks I wouldn’t give it too long though. Maybe another 10 minutes. Just walked in on them like 5 minutes ago. Very pleasant, totally not awkward. Certainly adding this to my top ten best experiences tonight. But maybe I’m underestimating him and we’re in for a longer ride” he added and you couldn’t help but laugh out loud.

“So since you’re not leaving any time soon, how about a drink? One without alcohol for our righteous driver?” he asked as you nodded your head with a smile.

“What a considerate gentleman, gladly” you answered as you followed him to the kichen and then to the couch in the living room, because if there was something in this world that you hated then it was standing. Standing and not moving. Absolutely horrible. And so unnecessarily draining.

The sofa was completely empty and as you were about to sit down you understood why. The left side was absolutely soaked with - whatever. I don’t even want to know what that spilled liquid is.

You sat down next to each other, barely any space left between the two of you as you leaned back.

“So” you said turning around to face him, taking a small sip of your drink. “I do not know neither your name nor the reason why you're here tonight. Or would you prefer if I referred to you as the mysterious charming guy I've met at the party when I tell my friends about you tomorrow?” you added as he laughed wholeheartedly.

“Aaron it is. Pleasure to meet you...and your friends I suppose” he spoke entertained. “I'm actually here because of the same reason that you are. Picking up my little brother and his two idiot friends that jumped in the pool fully clothed just a couple minutes ago and are now taking forever to change. Honestly, I hope that's what they’re doing. I'm certainly not going to check on them or I might walk in onto something else tonight and I don't think I could handle this two times in a row. So, I'm just here patiently waiting, having the best time of my life with..” he looked at you expectantly. You realized he was asking for your name.

“Y/N” you introduced yourself and his smile widened.

“Beautiful name” he commented and before you had the chance to thank him for the compliment he spoke again “By the way, I picked up the stones you left in the backstage room after the talent show was over. They’re in my car, we can go get them. Or I mean I can go get them for you. I don’t want you thinking that this is some trick to get you in my car. I wouldn’t ever-” he spoke nervously stumbling over his own words as you burst out in laughter.

“You're carrying them with you all the time?” you asked trying to calm down.

He immediately relaxed again.

“That’s adorable Aaron.”

“Well, to be fair, I did show them to my younger sister and she told me that these aren’t just rocks but crystals, which does sound pretty fancy. She said that apparently, they're supposed to channel some sort of energy. I have no idea what that means, so I just assumed they're lucky charms" he explained as you watched him fascinated.

He was really cute actually.

“And I hate to tell you this but I might have accidentally damaged one” Aaron said putting on a sorry face.

“Oh no!” you said acting shocked. “You hurt a rock? How could you be so reckless?” you mocked him.

“Y/N I am sincerely sorry” he answered matching your energy. “I just- Look it was a one-time thing, a mistake! I promise it will not ever happen again. I cannot sleep at night knowing I could have changed the outcome of this situation and prevent this crystal from getting hurt.”

“How did you even do that? Destroy a rock? Are you secretly Thor by any chance?” you asked suspiciously.

“It wasn’t me actually. My physical condition could never. It was my 15-year-old sister. She drilled a tiny hole inside and shaped it a way it can now be worn as a necklace. I have no idea how she did that.”

“I believe that’s pretty impressive” you commented.

“Yeah, she said that from what I’ve told her you seem pretty cool and if I would ever want to find you again, I better be walking around wearing this pink stone?” he spoke a little confused.

“Rose Quartz?” you threw in and he nodded.

“Yeah, I think that’s how it’s called” he said looking at you peacefully. “Anyway. Here we are. I guess there must be something to it after all.”

“And they say romance is dead" you said smiling at him softly.

"Destiny” Aaron commented and you both smiled.

“The things I'd do to see the object that reunited our two lost souls" you spoke, not even thinking about it too much.

“I believe that can be arranged” the man answered before pulling out the gemstone necklace that was hidden under his plain black jersey with a sly smirk. Your eyes grew big in shock.

“There's no way” you gasped speechless. “You're actually wearing it around” you whispered sliding closer to him, taking the gemstone in your hand, inspecting it closely while he looked down at you curiously.

“Of course I am” he answered and you looked up. You were very close to each other but no one pulled away. There was something comforting about Aaron. In a platonic way.

“How else could I be sure the universe would reunite us? It's not like we’re living in a small town with one school only, where I could go and search for you” he added.

“Now that would be boring” you said smiling genuinely. “All this lowkey sucks though” you commented and he looked at you surprised.

“See, you have this necklace and found me. How am I supposed to find you?” you explained.

He nodded his head contemplative.

“Thats a good argument. How about...” he said pulling down a simple black fabric bracelet off his veiny wrist. “..this simple, shabby bracelet?” he asked twirling it around his fingers. “I know it’s literally nothing compared to your crystal and-” Aaron spoke but you quickly interrupted him.

“Stop it, it's the best thing ever. I love it” you said snatching it from his hands and sliding it on your wrist, knowing you wouldn’t ever take it off now.

He smiled.

“Now we'll always find eachother. Even when I’m in South Africa and you’re in Norway” you said coming up with two completely random countries. “You stick with me till the end. No turning back now” you added giving him a daring look.

“I wouldn't dare backing off” Aaron answered entertained. “But you know there are different methods, less fancy ones I admit, but maybe simpler ones that will always enable me to contact you.”

“Is this your brazen attempt of asking me for my number?” you asked amused.

“The way you say it makes it sound like a crime. But I guess it's one I'm willing to commit” Aaron said while handing you the phone. And just as you were about to type in your number a loud smash from across the room caught your attention.

You looked up from the phone, spotting three guys laying on the floor, crushed under a large cabinet. Guess who it was.

“I’m sorry, please excuse me” you said immediately handing the phone back to Aaron that was looking beyond confused.

You quickly crossed the room to help them. Surprisingly no one else seemed to care about what just happened. Actually scratch that. No one even noticed it. What are these people on bro? It was hard to define the vibe of the party. Maybe because it wasn't a vibe at all. It was a mix of the skins wanna be drug rave and Emily posting on her story that yesterday was wild.

The guys barely noticed your presence when you tried to lift the heavy piece of furniture off them.

All they did was lay there motionlessly. You were pretty sure Jake was asleep or unconscious. You couldn’t tell honestly.

They were quite literally acting like that cabinet was just a simple blanket replacement at a boys’ sleepover.

“Fuck” you muttered trying your best to free them. You couldn’t do it alone. It was just too heavy. And just as you were about to go ask for help, you saw Aaron appearing on the other side, picking up the council.

Without a word you grabbed your side.

After some struggles you finally did it. But instead of standing up, the guys kept lying on the floor. I cannot fucking believe this.

“Thank you” you said turning to Aaron that looked at the three squashed guys on the floor, just as cluelessly as you. It was giving dead mosquitos killed by your moms flip flop in a way.

“I assume this is the reason you’re here” he stated after a while shifting his gaze to you.

“Yes. Still searching for number 4 and 5 remember?” you asked, letting out a shaky breath.

“Number two is gone for a good two days now” he said pointing at Jake, laying there in his puke smeared shirt.

“I’m going to carry him to your car” he offered sturdily. You didn’t want to bother him but from his tone you could tell that he would do it either way and that his ‘offer’ was really unnegotiable. And honestly you could use all help you could get.

“7-minutes-walk" you annotated and he only nodded his head.

While Aaron tried to place Jake over his shoulders somehow, you tried to get to Rodrick.

“Rodrick, stand up” you said gliding your hand through his hair. No reaction.

You started to shake him lightly, even pull him up but he didn’t move at all, only singular grunts of your name and several different words escaping his mouth from time to time.

“There’s no way Aaron” you finally said turning to the guy holding Jake over his shoulder, ready to go.

“Is there a way you could bring them outside of the house so that I could just drive up with my car and pick them up?” you asked and he nodded.

“You’re an angel” you said before quickly leaving the house behind, speed walking to your car. You would run but no. You do not run. Ever.

When parking your car right in front of the house about ten minutes later you were met with all your five friends sitting on the pathway. You had no idea where Maddie and Ben came from but you weren’t questioning it, relieved you wouldn’t have to go search for them anymore.

Aaron was the only one standing, his hands buried deep in his pockets as he leaned against the fence lazily. Looking like he was their babysitter. It was hilarious in a way.

“Thank you so so much Aaron” you said giving him a grateful look, stepping out of your car, opening the car doors.

“Ben, Maddie, Jake and Chris get in the backseats” you commanded softly seeing that the just unconscious guys you had to quite literally peel of the fucking floor just a few minutes ago were very much awake now. You didn’t now how that was possible but you hadn’t had the nerve to think about it now.

“There are only 3 seats so you’ll have to make it work somehow” you added. A dissatisfied grunt left Ben’s mouth. You felt your blood boil.

“Or walk home” you added through gritted teeth, watching them slowly get in.

“Rodrick, passenger seat” you said gesturing to the front door. He gave you a proud cheesy smile that you didn’t return. This whole situation lowkey pissed you off and it made you angry that they woke you up and took the fact that you came to pick them up for granted. It's just..I don't know. Not okay. And you would do it again, obviously, but this was just so wrong of them. Especially since they went here together and could have just agreed on a person that would stay sober throughout the night. Someone that wasn't you.

After about three minutes everyone was seated in your car. You shut the door behind them and let out a relived breath.

“I know the moment isn’t ideal” Aaron’s calm voice spoke up, “But am I still getting your phone number” he asked giving you the most innocent smile ever.

You smiled back, nodding your head as he handed you the phone.

"Call me, I won't be available for now though. My phone is dead” you spoke typing in your number before handing him the device back. He nodded and contently put his phone in his pocket.

"Be safe and please text me when you get home” he added before you said your goodbyes and you entered your car while he got back to the party.

But just as you were about to start the engine the urge to pee hit you out of nowhere and you felt like throwing yourself away at the thought of having to enter this dumb party again. Stupid human reflex.

You knew you were in for a long ride though so you forced yourself out.

You didn’t come back as quick as you expected to.

You came back after 15 minutes. And you weren’t alone.

“Get in the backseat Heffley” you said coldly opening your car door. Your tights ripped, leg and elbows bruised, hair beyond messy.

He looked at you shocked but immediately stood up and somehow squeezed himself between Jake and Maddie without a word.

“Please” you gestured your guest to sit down before turning on your music quite loudly, indicating for your friends to shut the fuck up and not ask any questions. Or say anything at all. You were so sick of them right now.

And so you finally started the engineer and drove off. At 3.05 with your five friends in the backseat and “Enjoy the Silence” by Depeche Mode playing through the speakers of your car.

With Heather Hills sitting in the passenger seat of your car absently staring through the opened window.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.2K 574 60
"I thought you really liked me." She whispered with moist hazel eyes and despair. His heart spasmed at the view, seeing how hurt she is. For a momen...
891 59 30
тwιѕтed мyтнology ѕerιeѕ | вooĸ ι __ "Horrific memories?" He questions, "Your first love-" I started but was interrupted by him. "Love? I help people...
3.6K 31 10
For Your Eyes Only this story contains: - violence - sexual content - verbal and physical abuse - harsh language - heavy drug use - suicidal th...
10.2K 171 22
"You're just a little bit too much like me." "Come off it, I'm nothing like you. We only hang out because you convinced me to be in your stupid band."