Transmigration as an Unknown...

By saikkuro

I, Miyazaki Daichi was transported inside my sister's favorite otome game as an unknown character. And that s... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Announcement!!!
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10.1
Chapter 10.2
Chapter 10.3
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Art Dump (not an update)
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 47
Thank You
Story
Announcement!!!

Chapter 46

1.3K 48 7
By saikkuro

Royse created clones of himself. Afterwards, he made himself invisible and flew around the place.

Xena countered every sword and attack that came her way. Blinded by her rage, she only targeted the light user and came flying towards her.

Amy frowned. She strengthened her buff and retaliated.

Xena's attacks hit through her armour. The light user was unfazed and lets out a cry as they fought in the air.

Sparks emerged from their clash. Shockwaves reverberated in the air with each of their hits.

Amy panted as she exerted more mana. She gritted her teeth as she buffed herself and healed her wounds. She felt her mana decreasing every second.

Not to mention her stamina. Her body was solely relying on her skills.

Another shout left her lips as she swung her weapon. She exerted force and clashed with Xena.

The light user felt her arms shake but ignored the pain and pushed further.

The enemy widened her eyes as she was thrown off once again.

The two panted as they glared at one another.

Amy kept her stance, carefully studying the enemy's movements.

Xena did the same as she studied the light user.

She furrows her brows as she lets out a snarl. The lady was faring longer than she anticipated.

Rather than a saintess, the lady before her resembled a hero instead. She knew whether a person was experienced.

And this light user was.

Xena moved once again, heading straight towards the other lady. Amy clashed with her, synchronizing her move with her summoned swords.

Light cannons flew all over the place. All attacks simultaneously flew towards Xena.

Not only that, but Royse's clones were also taking part in the battle.

Xena growled as she created more of her shadow clones, retaliating against the redheads.

"Royse, you there?" Amy asks.

"Yeah, I'm here." He replied.

"What do you want me to do?"

"Just continue what you're doing. Distract her while I find another weak point."

Amy frowned as she expected a better plan, but she couldn't complain since the enemy was growing stronger every second.

"Got it." She replied before returning in attacking.

While Amy did her task, the redhead took a device from his item box. He opened it and clicked the button.

He only hoped the devices that were planted around the kingdom would work.

Seeing a green light emitted from the object, the redhead hid it in his pocket. He gazed at the enemy and read her movements.

He saw Amy growing weaker by the second.

They needed to end this fight soon.

If things prolonged, he may have to transfer his mana to the other.

The redhead followed after the duo that fought. He reads their movements and searched for his entry.

Amy quickened her actions. She used more of her skills and slashed the enemy before her.

When she missed, swords and clones would follow after. She battled in rhythm, making sure Xena wouldn't have a second of rest.

The light user knew adrenaline was one of the things that drove her. She refused to let this enemy succeed. 

She panted as she plopped on the ground. She gazed at the forest where she trained.

She then stared at the sky, watching the birds fly around.

A sigh escapes her lips as she recalls yesterday. The moment she told Royse of the game's ending.

She frowned as she felt guilty. Seeing Royse's expression, she knew the redhead was in fear for the future event.

But it was for the best.

Royse deserved to know. And now that she told him, she's sure the redhead would start training harder and plan ahead.

She groaned as she pulled herself up and stood. Brushing off the leaves on her clothes, she brought out her hands and chanted her skill.

Golden lights appeared over her palms and crackled. She exerted more force, making the light grow bigger.

The light user closed her palms when she felt it starting to lose control.

She frowned.

Royse was still better when it came to this. She is glad that she had the abilities of the heroine but compared to the redhead, she had slower progression.

The heroine was a saintess who excelled in healing. Although she fought in the game, she remembered how the real 'Amy' had her limits.

In the end, she decided to seal the enemy, dragging everyone along with her to the modern world.

Amy gritted her teeth.

She wouldn't allow that to happen.

She wouldn't allow herself to resort to such tactics.

Amy continued her training.

She'll grow stronger to the point she didn't need to use such skill.

She refused to drag everyone to her mess.

She'd train wholeheartedly for the next 6 years.

The light user roared as she engulfed her arms with her attribute. Her speed doubled as she attacked Xena.

Afterimage of her appeared due to her speed. The enemy blinked in surprise. Her eyes followed after small movements and widened her eyes at the presence that surrounded her.

While deflecting the attacks from all sides, she needed to focus on one specific attack.

Her eyes followed a certain move.

She made haste to block.

The force pushed her back and saw Amy relentlessly attacking her. Each hit grew heavier.

Xena knew humans were capable of many things. But this was the first for her to fight a human that was capable of faring against their kinds.

She remembered the stories of the great hero. Even if he successfully sealed the demon king, and died doing so, it was still unbelievable to think that a mere human was capable of doing it.

She knew the 1st and 2nd seats were there to witness the scene. She remembered they spoke how the hero was the strongest at that time.

Xena wondered if the lady before her was just as strong as the hero of that time.

If that's the case, did that mean she'd lose?

If she won, does that mean she surpassed that hero?

Would Arabella commend her?

Would she finally return to her rank?

As if a switch, Xena flew away.

She stood still as she gazed on the ground. Her hair covered her eyes, casting shadows over them.

A laugh escaped her lips.

Amy quirked her brow when the lady in front lets out a mad laugh.

The demon brought her hands and covered her face. Her shoulders shook as she tried to contain her excitement.

"Ah, it was that simple."

She removed her hand and slowly rose her head, gazing at the light user.

Red eyes glowed as a smile appeared on her face.

"I just need to have your head."

As the words escape her lips, she disappeared.

The light user widened her eyes.

She was late to notice the presence from behind.

When she registered the figure, she hurriedly turns to deflect the attack. But she blinked in surprise when the enemy grew stronger.

Amy had been exerting more force but now, Xena was able to stop it easily.

The light user felt her sweatdrop. She balanced herself as she stopped the slashes.

Xena finally lost control. Her mind revolved around eliminating the light user.

Laughter escaped her lips with each of her swings. She gazed at the ombre-haired girl with mad eyes, amused in tormenting the lady.

"YES, SHOW ME MORE!!!" She shouted.

Amy grunted when an attack missed her and grazed her armour. A groan escaped her lips when the attack managed to break her armour and cut her skin.

She immediately flew away. She leaves Xena alone to handle Royse's clones and her swords so she could heal herself.

Before she could finish her task, she whips her head when she senses something.

Xena wore a smile as she surrounded herself with a wall of shadows. It circled her body, protecting her.

Every clone and sword suddenly disintegrated when it made contact.

She eliminated every obstacle that came her way.

When the shadow disappeared, she sent a smile towards the light user. Her blood-red eyes glinted as she stared at amethyst ones.

Amy felt a chill run across her spine.

The smile was different from earlier.

Just like that, without wasting a moment, Xena disappeared and attacked the lady.

Her movement became quicker. Slashes continued to make contact with the light user's skin.

Amy gritted her teeth as she followed the actions. She could tell the immediate difference. Her eyes could see the enemy becoming faster with each second.

She was being pushed back. Seeing what was happening, Amy chanted her abilities.

She flinched when she exerted more mana than she intended. Shaking off the pain, she managed to mirror the speed.

But Xena was unfazed. Her attention was fully focused on the light user. Every movement was being calculated through her eyes.

The enemy's mind only thought one thing.

Eliminate the light user.

Amy shouted when Xena successfully landed a fatal hit towards her shoulder.

With no choice, Amy decided to use one of her skills.

Before she could finish her chant, a purple aura appeared before her and engulfed her body.

Amy blinked in surprise before she suddenly vanished.

Xena who was about to send an attack realized what happened.

She tsks in irritation when she forgot about another figure.

She was about to use her skill to sense her surroundings when a sudden aura came behind her.

The movement was in a blur.

Xena barely blocked an attack on her face. Her stopping the attack caused a shockwave.

Although invisible, she could feel something in the air that forced her. She uses her skill and saw the invisible figure.

In front of her was Royse.

The redhead grunted and exerted his strength.

Xena was pushed back and snarled when she watched the figure.

Royse frowned when he gauge his mana.

It seems he won't be able to create light clones for a while.

Instead of his initial plan, he made invisible clones instead.

The enemy could only laugh mockingly at his decision. "The more I fight you, the more I realize how boring your tactics are. Over and over again. Show me something interesting instead." She mocked.

The redhead was silent.

He clenched his fist when he saw how Amy battled against Xena. He had asked Amy to distract the enemy thinking his plan would go well. But he didn't anticipate Xena to suddenly grow stronger in just seconds.

To think she was still able to gather more power.

Damien had said that despite Xena being in the 10th seat, she was considered one of the strongest of the group.

Xena who just escaped from her 16 years seal and was still getting used to her newly acquired body, was able to deal with this much damage.

Royse grits his teeth.

If they prolong this further, they'd just be giving her time in recharging.

"Heal yourself for a while there. I'll handle her." Royse spoke with finality.

Amy who disappeared a moment ago was actually teleported inside Royse's void.

She gazed at her white surroundings. The light user started healing her wounds. Her sweat trickled down her cheeks as she communicated with the redhead. "Are you sure you can take care of her?" She asks in concern.

"Yeah." Royse nodded. He changes his weapon into a scythe. "Leave this to me."

With his final words, Royse and his clones flew straight towards the enemy.

Xena scoffed and deflected their attacks. She yawned in a bored manner and decided to end the distractions.

She pierced through the clones, already knowing how they would end up.

She blinked in surprise when her hand passed through the clone's body. She dodged when the clone waved its hand and retaliated with a scythe.

Many more came and Xena repeated her actions. Every attack went inside and passed through.

She snarled as she tried to understand how it was possible.

Then it hit her.

She gazed at every clone.

"I see. Invisibility is a form of Dark and Space. You are purposely directing my attacks towards a different location." She deduced.

All clones spoke at the same time.

"You're not an idiot after all." They mocked.

Xena snarled as their voices echoed.

Her aura spiked as she created her own clones. She needed to find the real body.

Each battled against the other.

The enemy used her skill and examined every clone. Their mana was the same. There was no difference in how they acted or how they were able to use their skills.

She knew the redhead had mastered the skill.

Seeing how this was going nowhere, Xena decided to use an AoE skill.

Dark, Nature, Fire. She mixed all 3 together.

Fire blazed around her, then came nature. Vines revolved around the blazing fire, engulfing it.

The final was dark.

Flames turned into black. Vines shot towards every clone, wrapping themselves over the bodies.

This time it wasn't able to pass through. Dark nullified space. Vines pierced through the bodies and engulfed them in flames.

Each disintegrated.

Xena watched as her skill did the trick against the redhead's plan. She gazed at her surroundings, searching for the main body.

She turns her head behind her when she found her target.

Royse floated in the air. He gazed at the enemy and examined her state.

A large aura continued to radiate off the lady. But Royse could see it lessen after she made her series of attacks.

He brings his hand over his pocket and took the device. He presses a button.

At the same time, the devices that were planted on the ground did their task, finally done charging.

They each shot up and targeted the lady.

Xena was about to fly towards the redhead when she felt something latch on her body.

A weird aura chained her body.

She frowned when she moved her arms, trying to shake off the odd restraint.

Xena used her skill in an attempt to remove it but she widened her eyes.

She could feel her mana being absorbed.

She immediately turned towards the redhead.

Royse smirked from where he floated.

The device in his hand glowed. He waved it around to show the lady.

"You really expected I didn't have something up my sleeve?" He asks in a mocking tone.

Xena growled. She eyed the aura and glanced at the ground.

She knew the device that the redhead used on her. But for it to be capable of restraining her, it meant he planted many of the devices around the place.

She returns her attention towards the device in the redhead's hand.

She needed to destroy it.

With her target changed, she flew towards Royse.

The redhead applied a speed buff and flew away. Xena chased Royse at an alarming speed.

Royse defended himself when the enemy started attacking. He could feel the difference immediately. Xena's hits were growing weaker each second. Her attempts lost their accuracy.

The redhead knew he needed to buy some time. He needed to distract the enemy for the time being.

"Amy, how are you doing?" He asks.

In the void, the light user kept her focus on regenerating.

"Not so bad. I'll be able to return once I finish this and replenish my mana." She replied as her hand glowed over her injured shoulder. "How are you doing right now?"

The redhead dodged an attack. It cut a few strands of his hair in the process.

Royse flew down to the ground and used the remaining ruins to his advantage.

"The devices have been activated. I just need Xena to spend her mana further." He informed as he hears the enemy slice the ruins that blocked her path.

Royse made a sharp turn as Xena controlled the ground to attack him.

"We're having a wild goose chase as of now."

Amy breathes out a laugh. "Ah, should've known."

Xena shouted as she used her skills. The ground erupted and formed into a golem. It roared as it targeted the redhead.

Royse flew up to avoid the newly formed monster. He used his skill to sense his vicinity and saw Xena's figure appear inside his mind.

He studied his surroundings and saw a tall intact building. He created another batch of clones that distracted Xena and the monster for a moment. He flew towards the building and checked for any civilians that were around the area.

Seeing it was clear, Royse headed towards the tower and flew up. He landed on the roof and rose his weapon.

Light shot out and reached the red sky. The golem growled as it started running towards the tower.

Xena snarled as she flew beside the golem, chasing after the redhead.

Royse smiled as he prepared his next skill. Just as they were nearing, he uses his scythe that was now covered in light.

He swung it towards the building and sliced it into large pieces. It started sliding as soon as it was detached from one another.

The redhead glanced at Xena and the monster. When they neared, Royse buffed himself and kicked the now sliced pieces.

The tower turned into Jenga. The giant pieces flew straight towards the two.

Xena who saw this flew up to save herself.

When she looked down, she realized the redhead's agenda.

The pieces were directed towards the golem. It landed straight towards its face, causing its knees to buckle.

It was able to regain itself but when the 2nd and 3rd pieces came flying towards it, the monster was unable to stand and collapse on the ground.

Xena snarled and felt her mana being drained further. Deciding not to waste a second, she flew towards the redhead who now floated.

Royse smiled. He was about to prepare another of his skill when vines came flying in his way.

He dodges each of its hits. His eyes darted in every direction. He passed the vines and looped them from one another.

When he successfully did his task, he sees the vines entangled.

He smiled but frowned when another came his way. The vine flew in speed as it attempted to graze him.

It made contact for a brief moment. The redhead frowned and brought his scythe and sliced them.

He huffed and quirked a brow when Xena's attention wasn't directed to him.

He looks down and saw her flying after the device that fell from his hand.

He widened his eyes as realization dawned upon him.

Royse immediately teleported towards the device.

Appearing in front of it, his hand grasped the object.

He turns his head and saw Xena behind him. Her face was close to his.

She wore a smile as she saw the proximity.

"Got you~"

Just like that, the enemy used all her skills and sent it towards the unguarded redhead.

Royse used his skills as he realized his position.

The attack collided and hit his body, sending him flying towards the ground.

He lets his hold go over the device.

Xena saw this and snatched it from falling.

She watched as the figure was engulfed in smoke as it crashed down. She could see where the redhead was sent flying.

She laughed out loud.

"You think I'd allow you to have your way!?" She shouts.

She gazed at the ruined kingdom below her.

"Ah, this feeling. How nostalgic~" She spoke.

The sight reminded her of the one from 16 years ago.

"A work of art. The other seats would be jealous." She looks at the device in her hand. "Without this, I'll finally be the victor."

"Oh really now."

She widened her eyes from the voice.

She turns behind her and saw the light user floating. She narrowed her eyes and growled.

"How did you-"

"Suddenly appear?" Amy cut her off as she cracked her neck. "I'm pretty sure you know the answer to that." She circled her arms, reliving it from its stiff position.

Xena frowned as she became quiet. She examined the light user and saw no traces of the injuries she inflicted.

The light user laughed. "Don't tell me you don't? HAHHAHAHAA!" She clutched her stomach.

The enemy snarled as she balled her fist.

"Who else but Royse." Amy said in a matter of fact tone. "Man, you really are stupid. You know of his attributes yet you forget them so easily. I guess being forgetful comes with old age."

Amy smirked as she stared at the other's eyes.

"Isn't that right hag?"

Xena snapped and growled loudly.

"You think you'll win this time?! Without this device, I don't think you'll stand a chance!" She waved the object.

Amy rolled her eyes.

"That's a decoy dimwit."

Xena widened her eyes.

She gazed at the device and saw it fading.

She remembers how the redhead only kept it in his pocket and recklessly waved it around, not caring about the risk.

She also recalls the split second the moment she attacked him. Royse wore a smile despite knowing she'll be sending him flying.

That meant he purposely lured her out.

She snarled when she returns her attention towards the light user.

Amy clapped her hands. "Congratulations, you finally used your brain." She spoke in an impassive tone.

Xena became furious.

She didn't care if her mana was being drained each second. Those seconds were enough for her to finish off the light user.

Amy prepared herself when the enemy suddenly spiked in aura.

She smiles.

The truth was actually different.

The device that fell was the real one.

The moment that Royse teleported towards the device, he knew he'd be struck by the attack. He had quickly switched the device in his hand with a clone before he was sent flying.

Not only that, he also used his skill to teleport Amy back into the real world.

'Seriously, successfully timing the teleportation before you got hit by the attack.' Amy thought as she brought out her weapon.

"Quite a feat as always." She murmurs.

Light engulfed her sword.

Xena's shoulders trembled.

She opened her eyes and glared at the light user with hatred.

Having enough of being toyed, Xena used her last weapon. She starts chanting her skill. A mark suddenly glowed on her palm.

A circle appeared over their heads and shadowed over them.

It swirled a black colour and showed darkness from the other side.

A few seconds later, a head of a dragon appeared, followed by its body.

It lets out an ear-deafening scream and gazed at the ground.

Amy felt her sweatdrop as she gazed at the newly arrived monster.

"You better get up here Royse." She comments.

Back on the ground, a figure landed harshly.

Smoke wafted due to its collision.

The redhead lay still, unmoving.

Everyone in the vicinity rushed towards the figure in horror.

A light blue-haired male was the first to kneel and pull the redhead in his arms.

"ROYSE!" For once he rose his voice. He tried shaking the figure and saw him take a laboured breath.

Rohesia covered her mouth as her eyes trembled. She gazed at her brother's state and felt fear creep in her body.

"R-Royse-..."

Mark could feel his anger bubble within. Franz who stood beside him immediately felt the change of surroundings around the other butler. He glanced at the purple-haired male and grabbed his arms, reminding him to stay calm.

The twins rushed to kneel beside the redhead and examine his state.

"He's breathing." Henry informed as he sighed in relief.

They were glad to see the redhead still alive but they knew they needed to get him out of the area.

Carl turns towards the two butlers. "He needs to be transported to the medics." He announced.

Milivoj frowned. He glanced at the sky and still saw shockwaves occurring.

William clenched his fist as he wore a furious expression. He stands up and gazed at the dragon that appeared.

"Henry..." He spoke.

He summoned his sword. His eyes glowed as he gathered his mana.

"Protect Royse." He ordered.

He took a step, heading towards the monster.

The cast shivered as they saw the prince's expression.

Henry pursed his lips as he feels his sweatdrop. He needed to stop his brother. Standing up from his place, he starts walking towards the younger twin.

He brings his hand over his shoulder, stopping him.

William turns his head with a dark expression. It was evident he was furious when Henry intercepted him.

"Release your hold." He demanded.

Henry glared.

"Are you an idiot!? Are you seriously planning on taking that on?!" He shouts in anger.

William was losing his sense.

The younger twin swatted the hand on his shoulder. He took a step back as he gazed at Henry in irritation.

He grits his teeth.

"Then what do you plan!? Royse is unconscious, Amy is currently fighting against Xena!" He gripped his sword tighter. "If we don't defeat that monster, then who?!"

Henry could feel his veins bulge. He marched towards his brother and grabbed his collar, yanking him close.

"Are you seriously out of your mind?!" He snaps. "You think we're capable of taking that on?! Don't make me laugh!"

Two brothers dangerously glared at one another.

The group felt their sweatdrop from the scene. The atmosphere grew cold, after a moment, there was suddenly statics lingering in the air.

"I know that you're furious with what happened with Royse, but for fuck's sake are you seriously forgetting all logic just because of it?!" Henry finally cursed.

William snarled as he grabbed the wrist that pulled his collar. "Don't tell me what to do!" He tightened his grip over the wrist.

"Oh I will! I'm not going to allow us to have an early death all because of your idiotic brain!"

Both growled as they refused to back down.

Everyone was quiet as the two argued. They couldn't believe their situation as of now.

Aside from the current argument happening, they were worried for the redhead. Royse was sent flying towards the ground and miraculously survived.

But now that he's in this state, that meant Amy was the only one left to battle against the enemy.

Not only that, a familiar was suddenly summoned.

Everyone felt dread as they realized their plan was crumbling.

Another echo of growl took their attention.

They turn behind them and saw another wave of horde coming their way. Each took form and walked closer towards the group.

Milivoj prepared his position. "Is there no end to this?" He grits his teeth.

Carl frowned. "This is going to be difficult..."

Everyone had been fighting since earlier, they knew their mana was at its limit.

Exhaustion was slowly creeping towards them.

Mark takes the bundle of potions that Royse had given him. He distributed it to everyone who drank it.

They discarded the empty bottle and prepared themselves for battle.

While the others glared at the monsters, the twins continued to scowl at one another.

None of them spoke.

Franz strode towards the twins, deciding to end their dispute.

"Your highness. It's for the best that you follow prince Henry. Young master Royse has clearly stated that everyone must be cautious." The butler reminded.

William grits his teeth.

After a second, he removes his hold over the wrist and slowly nods.

Henry retreated his hand. A relieved expression arose from his face, glad that his brother finally returned to his senses.

The two finally turn towards the horde.

Monsters snarled as they make their way.

"Everyone be prepared!" Henry shouts. "Our job is to stop them from reaching the citizens!"

Rohesia readies her weapon and gathered her mana.

Milivoj took a step, preparing his skills. Carl engulfed his sword in flame, ready to slice the monsters.

Elsie fiddled with her bracelet and started controlling her mana. Catherine positioned her foot, prepared to provide support.

Moran glanced at his brother that remained on the ground.

Juli cradled Royse in his arms.

He strode towards him and placed a hand on his shoulder. "The redhead's going to be fine..." He assured.

Juli tightened his hold over the figure. He gazed at Royse, taking in his appearance.

Cuts adorned the redhead's arms. Traces of blood could be seen around his face.

Bangs covered Juli's eyes as he gritted his teeth.

Moran frowned. He removed his hand and stood up.

The ground suddenly rumbled.

Everyone turned their heads towards the source, expecting another wave coming from behind.

But instead of monsters, they hear the sound of horses.

An army of soldiers came into view. Their body clad in armour as they marched towards them.

A flag could be seen being carried by one of the troops.

Moran smiled as he saw the reinforcement.

"About time."

He walked in their direction before looking back at the surprised cast.

"Allow me to announce the Hubel family's aid." He declared.

As they neared, the cast saw the number of soldiers. All held a huge figure and an intimidating aura as they marched.

The man in the middle led the army and stopped in front of Moran.

His expression was stern. His form was big as he sat on the horse. No doubt that this man was the commander.

"Father. It's great to have you here." Moran spoke as he gave a small bow.

The man nods before gazing at everyone. He held a thoughtful look as he examined their states. He glanced at the sky and saw the dragon.

He turns his head to check Juli and the redhead in his arms.

The man dismounted his horse and walked towards the figure. He kneeled as he placed his hand over his shoulder.

"Juli..." A deep voice spoke.

The said figure rose his head.

His eyes glowed as it returned to its true colour. Instead of fear and sorrow, the man saw him sport a determined gaze.

Viscount Hubel smiled from his expression.

"I take it that you know what to do."

Juli nods.

"Yes sir."

The man rose from the ground and turned towards his troops. He waved his arms and shouted with a loud authoritative voice.

"Prepare your position!"

Just like that, the army unsheathed their weapons.

"Defeat every monster!!!"

His cloak fluttered as he turns at the horde.

Monsters growled as they look at the army.

The cast could feel the pressure lessen. With the reinforcement arriving, everyone could feel their anxiety fade.

The viscount took his sword and pointed over the horde.

"CHARGE!!!"

The army roared as they ran towards the monsters.

The other side did the same as they growled.

The place became a battlefield.

Soldiers fought against the monsters. All of them yelled as they sliced each of them.

Explosions shook the ground as they use their skills, showing no mercy towards the monsters.

The horde was no match against the army.

Rohesia used her abilities and threw her attacks. She shouts as she freezes her enemies and sliced them.

She waves her hand and drowned the monsters in front of her. She tore the hem of her gown and removed her heels. She grits her teeth as she ran towards the enemies and eliminated them.

There was anger with each of her actions.

"This is for my brother!!!" She shouts.

Tears escaped her eyes as she defeated the monsters.

William and Henry fought together. Ice trapped the enemies and spread throughout their bodies.

William held a dark expression as he beheaded the beasts.

Henry summoned bolts of lightning over the horde. It struck the monsters, turning them all into dust.

Milivoj moved in speed. Using his abilities, he immobilized the enemies and struck them.

The monsters growled and pounced on him from all sides.

The bluenette lets out a yell as he plants his feet on the ground. Spikes appeared around him and pierced through the monsters.

Carl and Elsie combined their skills.

Fire blazed around his hands and delivered it towards the horde.

Elsie used her wind skill to stop the monster's escape and uses it to fuel the fire, causing it to grow.

The raging flames engulfed the horde, swallowing them and burning them into crisp.

Catherine panted as she wiped the sweat off her forehead. She controls the ground and caged the monsters, keeping them in one place.

She provided support for the troops, allowing them an easier time in eliminating.

Moran returned from his station above and sniped the horde. Bullets after bullets shot through their heads.

He reloads his weapon and used his sight to target a moving monster.

With focused eyes, he pulled the trigger and landed a hit.

The viscount gazed at his surroundings.

He stood in the middle of the monsters. They growled as they targeted the man alone.

More than 20 monsters were ready to jump their attacks.

When they did, the viscount gripped his weapon. He furrows his brows as he gathered his strength.

With a swing, the monsters were all beheaded. The force of his attack caused the wind to circulate and push away the hoard.

Monsters growled as they continued their attempt.

Juli jogged towards one of the troops and handed the redhead over to another person.

He wore a serious expression as he made his order.

"Protect him."

The person saluted as they rode their horse and headed back on the gates.

The male watched as the redhead was taken to safety.

Taking a deep breath, he brings out his greatsword. He closes his eyes and gathered his power.

Removing the restraint, he was finally able to use his full capacity.

The battle echoed around the place.

Their clashes could be heard from the distance.

Soldiers fended against the horde.

Rear support arrived and eliminated the flying ones. Front liners defeated the monsters with their melee weapons.

Mages buffed the soldiers and provided shields.

The cast was stationed to their position and eliminated the monsters. None became distracted as all their thoughts were only directed to their enemies.

A loud roar came from above.

A shadow cast over the area.

The group stopped to gaze above them and felt the pressure that suddenly surrounded them.

The dragon flew.

It flapped its wings as it gazed at the battle beneath.

Bloodlust shrouded the area as the dragon studied everyone. It opened its mouth and revealed its teeth.

It roared.

The cast covered their eyes from the wind. They felt the air grow tense from the arrived monster.

None of them knew how they would fight against the gigantic beast.

Rohesia paled when she saw the monster flap its wings and open its mouth.

A bright light appeared, indicating its attack.

"EVERYONE!!!" She shouts as she looks at her group in horror.

The army stiffened when they sense the incoming attack.

Carl cursed under his breath. Elsie shook in fear as she saw the gigantic attack.

They knew they wouldn't be able to stop it this time.

Mark and Franz stood beside each other as they gazed at the sky.

"Hey, if you don't mind me asking, do you know where your master is? We could use him right now." Franz asked as he prepares himself.

Mark furrows his brows at the mention. "I'm afraid I have no answer to your question. That old man's been gone for the past 16 years." He huffed.

The other butler chuckled. "Should I be worried for him now?" He started channelling his mana.

The purple-haired male did the same. "Worry about us first."

They combined their skills. A glowing orb took form in front of them.

As they exerted more, the orb grew in size. It glowed a mixture of red and blue.

The two focused on their task. When they saw the orb reach its final phase, they synchronized their mana together.

The dragon's eyes constricted and finally threw its attack beneath it.

Finally, the orb shot out towards the sky and covered the army.

A transparent shield wrapped around the vicinity of the battle, just in time to protect them from the attack.

A loud explosion erupted as it made contact with the shield.

The ground shook from the impact, causing them to stumble from where they stood.

Smoke swirled outside the shield, covering their view.

When it dissipated, they saw the dragon roar. The shield above them shattered into pieces, fulfilling its task.

Franz and Mark sighed in sync.

Mark saw his vision swirl. "Ah, I used too much..." The purple-haired male commented as he stumbled his footing.

"Hold on now. The battle's still not done." Franz grabbed the butler's arm.

Everyone breathed out a sigh of relief before returning their focus towards the horde.

Mark pulled his arm from the other's grasp and gazed at the dragon.

"Guess we're going to need to deal with that." He spoke as he took a mana potion and drank it.

"Any plan on how to?" The other asked.

They were suddenly surprised when they saw a blur of black fly towards the dragon.

Mark squinted his eyes when he registered the figure having dragon wings.

"Who is that?" He murmurs.

The cloud suddenly turned a darker shade.

Thunder rumbled in the sky. Lightning suddenly landed towards the dragon.

The figure above rose a weapon. The thunder struck towards it and engulfed the person.

They waved their arms and swung their sword, sending a series of bolts of lightning towards the giant dragon.

The dragon roared as it was engulfed. It opened its mouth as it flapped its wings, diving towards the figure that struck it.

The people saw the display and registered the new figure that flew.

"Whoever that is, I'm guessing they're on our side." Franz comments.

Mark nods. He brings his weapon out and shifted his attention towards the horde. "If that's the case then it's our job to focus on this."

As the words escaped his lips, the butler disappeared from his place.

The butler dashed from one spot to another and swiftly eliminated his targets.

His movements were in a blur as he skillfully did his task.

Franz smiled as he also did the same.

The duo fought together. Their movements were identical to one another as they defeated the monsters that surrounded them.

Rohesia broke out of her stupor and realized her job. She ignored the new reinforcement and focused on the rampaging monsters.

The others did the same as they returned to their job.

They'll question the figure above after the battle.

Moran floated from his place and watched the black figure that fought the dragon.

"You better control yourself." He murmurs.

Above the sky, a giant dragon fought against a figure that was his own kind.

"You dare challenge me!" The dragon roared as it attacked the person in front.

The figure easily dodged it and retaliated. He was quiet as he battled against the beast.

"Silent now huh. Very well, I shall pry your mouth open and hear your screams when I tear you to shreds!"

The dragon brought out its claws and engulfed it with its abilities. It flew towards the figure.

The raven-haired figure glared at the dragon.

His slitted pupils constricted as he gathered his mana and deflected the attacks.

Flashes of lightning erupted and struck the two. The sound echoed and deafened everyone's ears.

Lights erupted from the thunders, showing the shapes of the clouds.

The glow that emitted from it reminded everyone of a thunderstorm.

The dragon grunted when the figure successfully stopped him. He widened his eyes when the person was unscathed.

"You!" It roared.

The raven figure glared at the dragon before him.

"Silence." He finally spoke.

His grey eyes glowed as he summoned a series of lightning around him.

"Remember, you are not to bow down to any other. Your mind and soul belongs to the Vandenberg family."

The figure's teeth changed into fangs. He flapped his raven wings as he glared at the dragon.

"Corrupting the guardian! I will not tolerate such action!" The figure shouted.

Just like that, lightning crept around his body and covered him. His eyes glowed as statics crackled around his skin.

He disappeared in a flash.

The dragon widened its eyes and sensed the presence appearing behind.

The figure struck the beast, covering its body in a glow.

Thunder wrapped around the dragon's body, causing it to thrash when the pain grew stronger.

The dragon roared as it moved its limbs, sending an attack towards the raven.

The figure saw through the movements and deflected it with his sheer strength.

The dragon was pushed back.

The beast studied the figure, surprised by the power it possessed.

"I WILL NOT LOSE!!!"

It dove straight towards the figure.

The raven simply flew still, awaiting the dragon to collide.

"No, you are to heed my call. You are to follow my orders." He swung his greatsword and brought it in front.

"I shall end your control against the guardian!" He shouts as he clashed against the beast.

Electricity spread all over the sky.

The force brought statics to linger in the air.

The people's hair reacted from the atmosphere and stood.

Everyone saw the blinding lights that emitted from the sky. Two figures clashed, bringing out all their strength.

The dragon roared, using all its capabilities to bring down the figure.

The raven lets out a battle cry as he channelled his mana and fully shrouded the dragon.

A loud explosion took place.

Shockwaves headed straight towards the ground, pushing back the people.

A strong gust of wind forced them to cover their eyes. They planted their feet on the ground, trying to keep their balance.

When everything returned to a calm state, everyone gazed at the clouds and saw the 2.

The smoke finally dissipated and revealed the figure placing his palm over the dragons' snout.

The dragon lets out a low growl as it studied the figure's face.

"You are to return to us." He spoke.

His family's insignia glowed. It floated towards the dragon and engulfed him in a glowing light.

Aura scattered around its body and battled against the chains that eroded the dragon.

The beast that was corrupted finally regained its control over its body.

It gazed at the figure before it widened its eyes as it recalled everything.

The dragon backed away and bowed.

"I, guardian of Sponia, have returned. I bow down to his majesty and ask for his forgiveness of my act of treason." His rumbled.

The dragon felt dread as it remembered the words it spoke and its actions.

The raven figure smiled as he shook his head.

"You are forgiven. I welcome you back, Solis."

On another side, two ladies clashed.

Both ignored the thunderstorm that struck the skies.

Xena panted as she lost her strength. The light user appeared before her once again and made her attack.

The ombre-haired girl grits her teeth, pushing forward. She sent many series of slashes, each growing stronger.

The enemy shouted in pain when she was unable to deflect. Her eyes were beginning to fail in following after the movements.

Amy showed no mercy as she retaliated. Slices after slices, using skills that burned Xena's skin.

The light user was ruthless as she gathered all her strengths. Her eyes glowed as she continued her attacks.

Xena gasped from the pain, unable to move. There was no opening for her to retaliate against the light user. Her vision became blurry.

Blows struck her body.

Amy lets out a shout as she uses her weapon and slashed Xena.

The enemy grits her teeth, trying to have a clear sight. Using the strength she could muster, she was able to lessen the impact and deflect the attack.

Xena panted and coughed out blood.

Red also dripped from her cuts.

Her wounds didn't regenerate due to the lingering light spells that were cast.

Her body was now similar to the colour of her hair.

She growled furiously as her shoulders shook.

"H-How dare you!!!" She snarls, baring her fangs.

The aura around her reacted from her anger. Black shadows swirled her limbs.

"I can't accept this!!!" She shouts, gazing at the figure in front.

Amy held a neutral expression.

Her outfit torn from the attack fluttered from the wind. Dust and blood mixed around her skin.

The light user watched as the enemy went into hysterical fits.

Xena brought her hands over her face and scratched it.

"It wasn't supposed to be like this!" She exclaims.

Blood drew from her claws.

"No! This should be over by now! Why can't I?!"

Her voice became harder to listen to. Murmurs and shouts left her mouth at the same time.

She then gazed up and smiled. "That's right. I still have that!" She exclaims with wide eyes.

She turns behind her to find her familiar.

The smile disappeared from her face when she saw lights engulfing the dragon.

Xena felt a burning sensation as she feels the mark reacting in her palm. She brings it over her face and saw it fade.

She widened her eyes.

"No! That's not possible?!" She screams.

The dragon that was once hers had returned to its real owner.

Every weapon of hers was destroyed.

A loud scream escaped her lips.

"NO! THE DRAGON THAT SHE GIFTED! HOW DARE YOU TAKE IT AWAY FROM ME!!!"

The shadows grew stronger.

Amy felt the air grow tense as the lady lost control.

Her cries echoed.

The sound reminded Amy of a child whose favourite toy had been taken away.

The light user peered towards the direction and saw the dragon that was once their enemy, suddenly follow a raven figure and headed towards the ground to eliminate the rampaging horde.

Xena's eyes trembled as she watches the beast return to the other side.

Growling, she turns towards the light user.

Anger clouded her vision.

Ignoring the outcome, she retaliated.

"BECAUSE OF YOU!" She sent her attacks.

She held no care of who the victor was.

Her mind screamed at her to tear the light user apart. Inflict pain, coat her with red.

Amy saw the enemy becoming slow.

'The battle is ending...' She thinks.

The light user deflected the blows. Compared to earlier, she didn't need to exert as much force.

Xena battled mindlessly. Her swings came from all sides, no pattern or anything.

All Amy could see from the other's eyes were anger.

The light user finally used her skills. Chains of light summoned around her and flew towards the enemy.

It trapped her body and caused burns to her skin.

Xena screamed as she thrashed, attempting to remove the restraints.

"Let's end this." Amy announced.

She opens her mouth and chanted her skill. She spread her arms and glowed. Golden aura surrounded circulated her body.

A magic circle appeared below their feet.

Xena screamed in pain as the light particles touch her.

Beads of sweat trickled down Amy's cheeks. The amount of mana she needed to use exceeded her expectation.

She grits her teeth. Light shone beneath them, growing stronger each second.

The light user narrowed her eyes as she focused on her task.

Xena continued to let out a scream.

Amy hurried to finish the skill and free Amelie from the enemy. The circle revolved and grew in size.

Symbols appeared over it and navigated towards Xena.

They travelled to a position and connected with one another. A golden seam appeared and headed towards Xena.

"NO!" She screams, already knowing what was about to happen.

The gold lines suddenly rose up to her legs.

"RELEASE ME!!!"

Chains rattled as the enemy tried to move her limbs.

The lines wrapped around her and headed towards the middle of her chest.

She opened her mouth and lets out an excruciating scream when it entered.

Her eyes were wide open as the lines did their job. She could feel herself being removed from the body she inhabited.

In her mind, Arabella's words echoed.

A hand generously cups her cheek. Thumb rubbed under her eyes.

Red eyes gazed at her in mirth.

"My poor Xena. Forced to flee." She whispers.

The said figure trembled. "2nd seat. I used the precious item you have given. I give my apologies for my recklessness." She bowed down to her knees.

Arabella chuckled. "Do not worry. Your opponents are strong, it was a wise choice that you did." She inched closer towards her ear.

"Though I do not tolerate this mistake happening again." She spoke with a kind tone, yet the meaning differed.

The words were enough for Xena to understand.

She nods her head. "Yes, I will not fail you!"

Arabella smiled, her eyes forming crescents. She retreated her hand and took something from her pockets.

Handing it over to the lady, she whispers her next words.

"This time. Choose the moment wisely."

Amy's arms trembled. Light continued to pour out as she did her skill.

She grits her teeth as she maintained her position. She could feel her skill succeed in freeing the real blonde.

Seeing a red glow, Amy unleashed her mana knowing the separation skill was about to be completed.

But she widened her eyes when Xena moved her hand and summoned an item.

A black box appeared and fell to the ground.

For a split second, Amy recognized the item and lost focus.

Xena who noticed the opening gathered her strength and moved her arms.

A circular pill appeared over her palm.

When she swallowed it, the effects were immediate.

The chains shattered as she moved her limbs.

The magic circle beneath cracked when the enemy unleashed something within.

Amy was pushed back from the force. Her skills were disrupted and disappeared.

She covered her eyes when black and red circulated.

Blood escaped the enemy's eyes.

She wore a mad smile as she gazed at the light user.

"If I'm going to lose, then I shall bring this body along with me."

Amy widened her eyes from the words.

"You wouldn't dare!" She snarls.

Xena smiled as she feels the body slowly weakening from the pill she intakes.

A loud explosion erupted from the ground.

Amy widened her eyes as she remembered the object that fell.

She looks beneath and saw the box being separated and formed black streaks. It rained on the ground and destroyed the land.

The streaks suddenly glowed and exploded one by one.

Amy snarled as she brings her weapon and pointed towards Xena.

The enemy smiled and flew towards the light user. She brings her arms to land a hit.

Amy slashed her and cut through her arms. She saw the wound continue to bleed, not closing unlike before.

She paid it no mind but Xena spoke so suddenly.

"This body will die from all the attacks you send!"

The light user widened her eyes. She flew back, looking at the lady in front with suspicion.

"What are you implying."

Xena smiled.

"This body does not have enough time."

Amy felt dread from the information.

"The pill I have taken is meant to destroy the both of us." She laughed despite her situation.

Red eyes glowed as she gazed at the trembling figure.

"Any attacks inflicted will no longer be healed. She will die before you even succeed in separating me from her."

The light user visibly paled.

The dragon roared as it used its body to stomp over the monsters. Flames erupted from its mouth and burned the horde into ashes.

The raven figure flew and unleashed his skills. Thunder crackled from the skies and struck the monsters.

The ground shook from the battle.

Suddenly, large black streaks came raining down the sky. It landed on the ground and destroyed the land.

It glowed and exploded one after another.

People shouted when they flew from the impact. Everyone ran, creating distance between them from the streaks.

The raven figure rose his head and saw a black box floating above that summoned the source.

He flew towards it and pulled his weapon. Engulfing it with lightning, the user shouted as he swung and sliced the object.

He widened his eyes when it didn't break.

Streaks suddenly came his way and attacked him.

The figure manoeuvred in the sky, evading the attacks that came his way. When he managed to escape, they exploded and sent a force, disrupting his flying.

The figure lost his control and sensed the incoming attack. He was able to use his weapon and block it.

Sparks appeared as they hit his blade. The impact caused him to fly towards the ground.

He panted and saw the object suddenly glow. It sent more streaks towards the ground and seemed as if it was charging.

Gritting his teeth, the figure flew towards where the dragon stood.

"Evacuate everyone! That object will self destruct!" He ordered Solis.

The dragon bowed.

"Understood."

Just like that, the beast brings its tail and grabs the people and propped them into its back.

The soldiers were surprised by the dragon's sudden actions. Viscount Hubel gazed at the sky and immediately understood why.

He waved his arm. "Mount the dragon! The enemy has thrown a bomb!"

The cast heard the booming voice of the viscount.

Everyone gazed up and saw an object that glowed from above. The sight alone was enough for them to climb the dragon.

Other soldiers used their abilities to flee.

Horses were mounted and galloped away from the area.

The raven figure then noticed another black streak appearing from the box.

It faced towards a certain direction.

When the figure realized where it turned, dread filled him as he immediately flew towards the place.

The black streak came flying towards its target.

Using everything he could, the figure flew in speed. Lightning crackled as he zoomed in the place where the redheaded figure was currently resting.

Appearing out of thin air, the troops were surprised to see him.

"Get out now!!!"

That was all it took for them to notice the incoming attack.

Everyone ran from their position.

The figure darted his head and saw the unconscious redhead.

He flapped his wings and flew to him. He brings his arms on the redhead's back and knees, carrying him before escaping the area.

As soon as the people left, the attack collided and exploded within seconds.

Flames blazed as they burned the base.

The figure panted and checked to see the redhead.

He was about to move towards the safe area when he senses Solis flying towards them.

Soldiers on the ground escaped from where they were at, ignoring the monsters that became confused from their sudden retreat.

From the sky, the box shone brightly.

It gathered its force and heated.

Just like that, a huge explosion erupted.

Red and yellow covered the sky.

It took everything in its vicinity.

Shockwaves occurred, sending the ruins flying. The ground shook and cracked. Monsters in the area were disintegrated.

The people outside the gate could feel the tremors and fear the worse. Knights were stationed and saw the smoke erupting in the sky.

The explosion could be seen from afar, reaching till the forest. Creatures hurriedly scurried away to their dens.

Damien huffed as he successfully escaped just in time.

He used his skill to see the surroundings that were clouded with smoke and dust.

A crater was formed.

He frowned as he gazed at the sky and see 2 figures still fighting.

"This is taking too long." He murmurs.

Royse groaned.

His head throbbed at the pain. His limbs ached as he attempted to move.

He recalls the attack he took and exhaled. He pried his eyes open and saw a blurry figure.

When his vision cleared, he sees a man with familiar raven hair.

"What..." He whispers.

Hearing him, the figure looks down to see the now awakened redhead.

"Royse!"

That voice.

"Juli...?" He asks in disbelief.

The male he knew that had a different hair colour smiled as he nods. "Yes, it's me."

This man was the person he was searching for for the past years.

"But, your hair..." He whispers in disbelief, fully opening his eyes wide.

The male sadly smiled as he studied his expression. "I know. I want to tell you all the details, but I'm afraid now is not the time..." He glanced on the side.

The redhead frowned and realized they were flying. He looks back and sees black dragon wings behind the male.

Deciding not to ask, he turns his head to see where Juli was looking.

Terror bubbled within him as Royse saw the crater that was formed.

"What happened while I was out?" He whispers, trying to contain his fear.

Juli pursed his lips. "A bomb. The enemy had a few more contraptions." He informed.

Royse eased his trembling as he tried to focus his thoughts. He gazed back at the older male.

"Where are the others?" He asks.

"They escaped. Everyone managed to flee from the vicinity of the bomb."

That made the redhead relieved. He lets go of the breath he was holding and nods.

"I see..."

The older male frowned as he took in Royse's appearance. He flaps his wings and flew towards the safe area.

"Wait, where are you taking me?" The redhead asked.

"Somewhere safe. You are injured."

Upon hearing him, the redhead frowned. "What, no! Put me down! I still need to defeat Xena!" He struggled from his place. He moved his hands, trying to pry off the arms that held him.

The older male tightened his hold and sported a frown as he gazed at the younger male.

"No, you need to rest." He spoke with a commanding voice.

The redhead widened his eyes, surprised to hear the tone but that didn't stop him from his thrashing. "I'm feeling better now!" He assured, hoping the older male would give in.

Juli shook his head and wore an expression that Royse didn't know he was capable of.

"Please, listen to me."

His tone changed.

The redhead halted his action and peered on the older male.

His grey eyes shone with unshed tears.

"I do not want you to take another of her attacks." He whispered weakly.

Royse was silent as he took in the older male's appearance.

Fear was the only thing visible on his face.

The arms that carried him trembled.

"Juli..."

A shockwave resonated from afar.

They could hear the fighting that still continued.

As if understanding what the redhead thought, the older male held a downcasted look. He closed his eyes and spoke.

"Please, please don't..." He whispers.

Royse opened his mouth but found the words stuck in his throat.

He inched his head closer, placing his forehead to the other.

"Juli, open your eyes..."

The older male was silent.

"Please..."

Royse brought his hands and cupped the older male's cheeks.

Juli opened his eyes and gazed at him.

Grey to black.

Smile adorned the redhead's face. He rubbed his thumb beneath Juli's eyes.

"I need to save Amelie remember...?" He spoke softly.

Grey eyes trembled.

"Must you be the one to...?"

He sadly smiled as he caressed the others cheek. "Yes. She's my friend, I have to save her..."

The older male pursed his lips. He studied Royse and saw his expression.

Worry, compassion, determination.

Those were the only things he could see from the redhead's gaze. His eyes shone just like that person.

Their similarities were expected.

"You truly care deeply for others..."

Juli gazed at the redhead one last time before he gave in and removed his arms.

Royse floated in front of the male and saw his expression.

A hand took his.

Juli closed his eyes as he pulls the others hand to his mouth. He kisses the knuckles and murmurs a soft prayer.

"Please come back..."

The redhead took a deep breath.

"I will..."

Just like that, Juli released his hold and allowed Royse to slip from his grasp.

His hand stretched as if trying to run after him.

His red locks waved.

He retracted his hand as he watched his back, flying towards the battle.

Amy grunted as she couldn't directly attack the enemy.

Xena used this to her advantage and threw her blows on the light user.

The ombre-haired lady gasped at the pain and used her strength to push off the other.

"Can't use your attribute now huh. After all, you'll burn the body along with it. You'll speed our demise~" She taunted.

Amy grits her teeth.

To think her attribute would backfire on her.

She waves her sword and used its ability. She glanced at the sword, already knowing she used the maximum times it could trigger its ability.

She tsk'd in irritation.

"I need a different angle..." She whispers.

Xena laughed as she dove towards the light user. Her sharp claws clashed against the weapon.

"OH HOW THE TABLES HAVE TURNED!"

Amy grunted at the force. She backed away as swords came flying, targeting the enemy.

Xena gathered her mana and shouted her attack.

A harsh force circulated and stopped the weapons from flying.

Red eyes glowed as she smiled at the light user.

"Out off tricks?" Xena laughed. She stretched her claws and summoned a glowing orb.

"Can't say the same!" The orb in her hand grew in size. She immediately dived towards the light user.

Amy knew the lady's agenda and blocked the attack without any attribute.

The light user grits her teeth as she feels the orb affect her arms.

Debating whether to use her skills, Amy used a few that she learned from Royse.

Amy murmured her words.

The leftover swords shot out towards a black hole that appeared.

Another one appeared behind the enemy.

When Xena took notice, she looks back and saw the swords appear behind.

It attacked her, forcing her to back away from the light user.

She snarled when she studied the black hole.

"You did ask me if I'm out of tricks. Sorry to burst your bubble, but I'm not." The light user smiled as she recalls every skill she learned from the redhead.

Amy was about to prepare another one of the skills when she sensed a familiar presence.

'Speak of the devil.'

Xena was ready to make her attack when all of a sudden, something wrapped around her and restrained her.

Recognizing what was happening, she looks up and saw the familiar redhead appearing beside his friend.

The redhead wore a serious expression as he floated.

"Not decided a grand entrance?" Amy asked.

The redhead shrugged. "Thought you needed some help. Came as fast as I could."

He studied the enemy's appearance and registered the difference she possessed when he was out.

"Care to update me?"

Amy huffed. "I was about to succeed in taking her out from the body, but-" She glared at the lady that attempted to remove the chains.

"She threw a bomb and drank a pill that will destroy her along with the body."

The redhead grits his teeth as he clenched his fist. "I'm guessing something's stopping you from using your skills."

The light user nods. "Yeah. If I hit her with it, she won't regenerate and will only speed up their defeat."

Royse spread his arms. "I see."

Shapes appeared from his side.

"Leave the rest to me." He announced.

The lady beside him frowned. "You sure. I can still take a lot."

The redhead chuckled and shook his head. "I want you to take Amelie once I separate her from Xena. Save your strength to heal everyone."

The light user was sceptical but nodded in understanding.

The two looks back at Xena.

Royse flew closer.

"Don't be reckless now."

"I won't."

The redhead floated in front of Xena.

The lady that inhabited his friend's body snarled at him. She moved her limbs, fighting against the chains.

"You were supposed to be dead."

Royse scoffed. "How rude. It takes more than that to eliminate me."

Xena was about to throw another insult when the redhead suddenly placed his palm over her head.

The lady growled. "LET GO!"

A magic circle appeared and generated a black and purple aura.

"You think you can stop your friend's death with that?!" She mockingly laughed. "Only the light is capable of doing it."

The redhead's eyes held a dangerous glint as he smiled, causing Xena to become silent.

"Do you seriously think that's the only option?"

"What?"

Just like that, a burst of mana erupted.

Xena paled as she feels the atmosphere grow heavy. Gravity shifted and seemed as if it pushed her to the ground.

People from afar sensed the change and directed their gaze over the sky.

The circle glowed and shot towards the lady.

"Nullification boundary." Royse spoke.

Xena widened her eyes. "No, it should take more than that!" She examined the redhead's expression and knew he was serious.

"Don't tell me-"

She was unable to finish her words when she felt the aura seep through her.

The ability fought against the effects of the pill. She thrashed her limbs, trying to pry the chains off.

Her screams echoed as she feels dark and space clash within her. Not only that but there was also something entering her.

"An alchemist also uses different attributes to receive their desired results." He starts.

Xena made a strangling noise.

"It can distinguish the effects of certain intakes."

Xena opened her eyes and gazed at obsidian ones.

"Alchemy can either be used for poison or cure."

Purple glowing veins marked Xena's skin. It travelled towards the middle of her chest, the same place that Amy targeted.

Her screams grew louder as the skill started doing its job.

Royse narrowed his eyes as he gazed at Xena. A dark shadow was cast on his face when he controlled his abilities.

"In this case, it's both."

The redhead's voice grew deeper.

"You will return my friend." He snarls.

Xena screamed as she rose her head up.

Everything was being nullified. Her abilities and most importantly, her control over the body.

Clenching his fist, he pulled his hand.

Copying his action, the aura circulated on the chest. When it grabbed hold of its target, it pulled it.

A hand exited from inside the middle.

Royse shouted as he exerted his mana and controlled his skill.

The hand was pulled and revealed a body.

Finally, a figure escaped the body it was residing in.

The redhead immediately used his skills and chained the figure that he successfully removed.

He pushed the now unconscious body towards his friend. Amy flew towards the figure and caught the lady with ease.

Xena gasped for air. Her body was back to its original state.

Her mind was numb as she gazed at the group before her.

Blurry vision slowly turned clear.

She sees the redhead wear a dangerous expression. His eyes glinted as he glared at her in disdain.

Royse kept his attention towards the enemy.

"Take Amelie away from here." He orders.

Amy didn't say a word as she followed his order. She flew away and left the redhead to deal with Xena.

The enemy regained herself and snarled towards the boy in front.

"Every time, you foil my plan. Every one of you!" She spoke in a venomous tone.

Her eyes constricted in rage.

She used her mana to try and overlap the pressure that the redhead exerted.

But she failed her attempt when Royse dangerously glared at the lady.

Bloodlust shrouded the place.

Everything suddenly became silent. The lady's eyes trembled when she gazed at the other's eyes.

Obsidian turned to crimson red.

A familiar pressure surrounded the redhead.

The demon widened her eyes as she shook from the gaze.

She opened her mouth to try and speak but the words failed to escape. Sweat continuously trickled down her face as she buckled down in fear.

This pressure, this aura.

Xena knew this was the same as the 1st and 2nd seats.

Her body caved in and allowed the other to establish their standing. She gazed at the ground, unable to keep looking at the redhead.

Royse hummed, satisfied with the reaction he earned.

He floated closer and grabbed her face, harshly turning it to face him.

Xena paled as red eyes bore on her.

"After what you've done, you now show fear." His voice was cold.

She could hear Arabella's voice overlapping with his.

"No, I-I swear I won't-"

"Won't what?" Royse tilted his head.

Xena felt the bloodlust wrap around her. A voice whispered in her ears and pushed her to attempt a reckless action.

"Remember, we're a higher being than them."

Despite the fear, Xena yelled and gathered her mana.

Royse frowned.

Before the lady could send an attack, the redhead made his move.

A huge blow hovered.

Xena was unable to see the action and only processed what happened when she came crashing on the land, leaving only the wind as a trail.

She gasped for air as the redhead struck her abdomen.

She lay on the ground, shaking from the pain as blood escaped her lips.

She opened her eyes and saw the redhead's descent.

He landed on the ground and strode towards her fallen figure.

Before she could stand up, light chains shackled her and pulled her. She was forced to stand and gaze at the nearing redhead.

Her skin burned from the contact.

Royse stopped in front of her.

"What do you think of death?" He asks.

"W-What..."

One look at his glare made Xena silent.

"Do you fear it?"

Xena trembled, wondering whether she should answer the question.

"Speak." The voice ordered.

She opened her mouth, not wanting to anger the figure.

"Yes, I fear it..."

The figure smiled.

"I do too."

Just like that, a huge circle was summoned beneath them.

Amy flew towards the evacuation site. She covers Amelie's body with a robe before she descended.

People saw the lady appear and shouted to catch her attention. Everyone gathered around the figure as she landed.

"Saintess, please heal us!!!" A person exclaimed as they tried to grab the lady.

"Saintess here!"

"I'm begging you, heal my child!" A mother pleaded.

Amy bit her lips as she travelled towards a medic. Royse ordered her to heal the people but something in the back of her mind nagged her to go back to where the redhead was.

When a person wearing a nurse uniform appeared, the light user handed the unconscious lady to the person.

"Get her to his highnesses." She spoke.

Amy took a box of potions from her inventory and gave it to the other medics. "Please help the citizens." She ordered before walking away.

People shouted to gain the light user's attention.

She ignored their cries and focused on following her instincts.

Just like that, she took off from the place.

Amy sensed 2 presence.

She landed on the ground and travelled towards their location.

She pursed her lips.

Something was not right.

The way Royse ordered her. The way he spoke.

She was worried about the redhead's sudden change.

She arrived at the scene not too long.

The redhead stood as he looked down on the enemy before him.

Amy opened her mouth to call for her friend but halted when she sees a familiar sight.

A sight she saw when she played the game back in their former world.

A circle that she knew all too well.

She ran towards them and stopped at the barrier that surrounded the two.

She banged her fist. "WHAT ARE YOU DOING!!!" She shouted.

Royse's back was turned for Amy to see. He ignored her words and gathered his mana.

The light user gritted her teeth and used her abilities to disperse the barrier before her.

But to her avail, she couldn't.

Seeing she was surpassed by him, she could only shout.

"YOU IDIOT! REMOVE THIS!"

Another bang.

The ombre-haired lady could only pale as she continued her attempt in cancelling out the barrier.

When Royse turns to look at his friend, she saw him wear a sad smile.

"I'm sorry."

Amy widened her eyes.

"You idiot, you wouldn't-"

She slammed the barrier.

"DON'T DO IT!!!"

Another hit.

Royse positioned himself. He spread his arms as he channelled his mana. The circle glowed and shot out of the sky, scattering the clouds.

Sensing what he was about to do, Amy could only despairingly watch as he succeed.

"STOP!"

The skill was about to be unleashed.

Water clouded her vision.

"STOP!!"

Royse looked back once more and smiled as tears trickled on his cheeks.

"Thank you, Satoru..."

The barrier was engulfed by a blinding light, causing Amy to cover her eyes.

"DAICHI!"

"Hey, Satoru."

"Yea?"

"Do you remember when you explained to me the game plot 6 years ago?"

"Yea. I remember."

"I'm really grateful." The redhead states as he turns towards his friend.

She was bewildered by his soft gaze causing her to become flustered.

"You don't have to." She replies as she looks away.

He could only laugh from his friend's expression.

"I've already decided what I want to do." He continued with a sad expression.

When she opened her eyes, the sky was back to its blue colour. The wind wafted by as silence lingered in the place.

Particles floated.

There was no sign of the redhead.

She walked towards where he last stood and fell on her knees. Her hands planted on the ground, clenching it.

Wetness filled her eyes while her breath was caught on her throat.

Tears fell on the ground.

"So that's what you chose..."

Satoru could only weep.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.4K 252 25
Jean's dream was to be able to graduate from a well known university and pursue his future career as a Professor.But what will happen when he suddenl...
216K 7.5K 44
Zen Yodai, 27 y.o virgin 'straight' man. He claimed to be 'straighter than a ruler' but some people doesn't believe it (Me). Anyway, he died in the a...
340K 18.4K 116
"You are too overpowered. Your existence poses a great threat to my son and daughter of fate. I had no other choice but to kill you." This was the v...
3.6K 170 15
When Sky opened his eyes, he was in an unknown room. Dull grey walls were replaced with bright, white walls. There was no more of that iron scent tha...