Transmigration as an Unknown...

By saikkuro

I, Miyazaki Daichi was transported inside my sister's favorite otome game as an unknown character. And that s... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Announcement!!!
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10.1
Chapter 10.2
Chapter 10.3
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Art Dump (not an update)
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Thank You
Story
Announcement!!!

Chapter 40

992 42 6
By saikkuro

Everyone in the room turns towards her as the tension filled the atmosphere.

Catherine opened her mouth as she starts to tell the story.

---

The Laurier family was blessed with 2 daughters. The eldest, Anna Laurier, and the youngest, Isthia Laurier.

Both siblings were inseparable. Anna was fond and doted on her younger sister, making sure her sister relied on her. She always showed kindness and empathy to others and always prioritizes them instead of herself.

She was selfless.

"Will our dear Isthia become a royal advisor when she grows up?" Their mother asks, patting her daughter's head.

Isthia shook her head and ran towards her sister and hugged her. "I want to be like my sister when I grow up!" She announces with glimmering eyes. Anna could feel herself cry from her sister's declaration.

Isthia always admired her sister and dreamt of becoming like her when she grows up. She would follow her anywhere, mimick her actions, and made sure to always make her proud. To her eyes, Anna was a perfect person.

A person that shined brightly.

A person that everyone admired and loved.

But there was one thing that Anna lacked.

An attribute.

To not have one is an embarrassment to a noble household but despite that, the Laurier couple still loved their eldest.

Isthia on the other hand possessed the lightning attribute. But young Isthia was innocent to the minds of the adults. Her thoughts simply revolved around her family and the never-ending happiness and kindness they showed.

She had yet to understand the importance of what she possessed.

But as time passed, Isthia became aware.

Aware of the adults' minds.

The way others treated her differently compared to her sister. The way nobles would simply greet Anna and proceed to make conversation with Isthia instead.

How they gazed at the youngest Laurier with interest.

Attending her classes, she made sure to receive the highest score there was and was delighted with the number of praises that escaped the lips of the esteemed professors.

Isthia watched and saw how Anna fared with her classes. She was the eldest yet she had difficulties in understanding her lessons.

She was late to catch up and showed little to no improvements. Lecturers would sigh in disappointment at her results and compare her to the youngest.

For the first time, Isthia thought Anna looked pitiful.

"I heard Isthia is amazing in her class! Big sister is very proud of you!" Anna exclaims as she stroke her younger sister's head. Isthia noticed the redness underneath her sister's eyes.

She could only gaze at her sister and realize that she could be more than her.

Realizing this, her thoughts changed. Her innocent eyes that admired her sister grew cold and became obsessed with showing her qualifications.

She flaunted her knowledge and attribute, resulting in her being showered with praises.

Isthia loved the attention. It was different from what her household would show. This attention gave her fame, gifts, and luxury she never thought she'd attain.

By the time Isthia enrolled in the academy, Anna had already graduated.

But despite not attending together, people saw the difference the Laurier siblings had.

Words were shared and it became known how the eldest Laurier was below the youngest. From their performance to their scores.

Isthia let it be despite knowing her sister was aware of the rumours that circulated.

Rather than being guilty, she found joy in seeing her sister become an embarrassment. Lacking knowledge, simply following orders and not knowing what to do. Showing what an idiot she was.

Isthia simply watched her sister. Gone was the innocent mind she held in her childhood.

Everything was going her way, that is until Cedric Emor fell in love with Anna.

The man was informed and knew of the Laurier's situation. He detested the people's words and admired how Anna continued to spend her day and showed continuous unmatched kindness, just as she did since she was young.

Just like that, the two was wedded.

The Laurier couple was proud and praised Anna and told her that she was rewarded for her actions.

Isthia on the other hand resented her sister.

She threw her objects around the room. She slashed her pillows and made a mess of everything. Broken pieces of glass were scattered on the floor.

Maids trembled in fear as they watch the maiden destroy everything. The thunder clouds that flew to the ceiling.

They flinched when a piercing sound of thunder echoed within the room.

"I was the one who will bring us everything!"

A slash.

"Why did Anna receive a proposal instead! That useless doll who simply stays inside!"

And another of her cushion torn to pieces.

"She does nothing! I deserve to be a duchess!"

Pillow fillings floated in the air and slowly descended to the floor.

She tosses her knife aside and carried her chair, throwing it over her body mirror.

A loud shattering noise emitted and resonated in the room.

Isthia panted as she notices the open box by her table and recognizes the jewellery that her sister gave.

She grabs it and laughed hysterically.

She threw it towards her maid, hitting her in the head. The stones pierced her skin, causing blood to ooze.

"Dispose of that hideous thing. Make sure it never appears in front of me!" She orders.

The maid trembled as she did the order and rushed out of the room.

Isthia turns towards her other maids.

"Clean this mess."

Everyone in the household feared the youngest Laurier and missed the eldest who now resided with the Emor.

But whenever they spoke of the eldest, just her name alone, the people would receive punishment from the youngest.

The couple spoke with their youngest child.

But to their dismay, Isthia refused to listen and used her position and attribute to her advantage.

She threatened those who would speak of her doing to anyone outside the house.

Only when Isthia was wedded to the Caddel family did the Laurier household become free from her clutches.

When Amelie was born, Isthia planned to have her daughter take her legacy and thought her everything she knew herself.

To plant in her mind that she too needed to achieve the things her mother did.

From a young age, Amelie's mind was controlled by her mother.

---

Catherine pursed her lips as she finished the story.

"My mother was aware of what Amelie was facing and would do her best to bring her over to our house, but my aunt forbids her and confines her instead. That is why my mother always made sure to tell me to treat Amelie like my sister when we meet through social gatherings..." The blonde solemnly gazed on the ground, reminiscing her attempts.

"Sadly, it didn't take long for my aunt to reject every invitation, resulting in us cousins becoming further estranged... I was also in denial, sceptical that my aunt could do such thing... It seems I was mistaken..."

Everyone was silent.

Royse already speculated the story from his findings, but hearing it from the blonde herself, he still couldn't believe that Isthia's jealousy drove her to that point.

Not only that, affecting her daughter as well.

Elsie trembled as she processed the story. She didn't know that Amelie had been living isolated from her family, without receiving any love. She was aware of the wall that Amelie herself placed but after spending time with her, Elsie assumed that Amelie simply didn't know how to spend her time with her peers.

She didn't know that she was enduring something else. Something that had caused her to act that way.

Amelie always showed effort and smiled when she was with them. She didn't know there was a horrible story hiding beneath her smile.

"Amelie-san was suffering all this time..." The brunette whispers. Large droplets of tears streamed from her cheeks, falling on the floor. "She had no one to rely on..." Her voice trembled as she continued as if feeling the pain her friend felt.

Henry frowned. "With her situation, it lead her to be the target..." He states as he gazed at Royse.

The redhead looked away, pursing his lips as he knew he too played a part for his friend to be possessed.

None of the people in the room spoke. The atmosphere was heavy from the story that was shared.

The redhead finally opened his mouth.

"Despite that-"

Eyes turned towards him.

"Amelie still smiled..." He whispers.

Elsie looks up, gazing at the redhead with glossy eyes.

"She made efforts to join us. To allow herself to experience joy. To speak with Catherine..."

Royse looks at everyone.

"Despite knowing how her mother would react..."

He cast everyone a soft smile.

"She's strong isn't she?"

Amy crossed her arms, smiling as she listens to her friend's statement. She gazed at the blonde that was silent.

"We'll save her." She announced.

Everyone turns towards Amy.

The light user glanced at Royse with a smile.

"That's what we planned from the start."

The redhead closed his eyes, nodding at her words.

She was correct.

He already decided that 6 years ago when Amy told him the plot of the game, they would save the victim that would fall under.

When he opened his eyes, he held a determined gaze.

"That's right. I won't allow Xena to succeed."

With their announcement, the people in the room changed their demeanour.

Catherine regained her strength, standing tall as she pursed her lips.

If only she tried harder, perhaps she and Amelie wouldn't have been so estranged.

Had she been in Amelie's shoes, Catherine knew she wouldn't have lasted long as she did.

Mirroring Royse's determination, the blonde spoke.

"I also want to save Amelie!" She declares.

Rohesia gazed at Catherine. She looks down, concerned at her decision but shook her head before turning towards her brother.

"Me too!"

Elsie clenched her fists. "Amelie is my friend, I also would like to save her!"

Carl chuckled, crossing his arms. "It seems everyone has decided." He states, glancing at Milivoj.

The blue-haired male huffed. "As if I've never planned to deal with the enemy. I'd rather not have Amy hog all the fun to herself." He comments.

The light user smirked at his statement.

All that was left were the twins.

William and Henry gazed at the redhead and smiled.

"Tell us your order Royse."

That was all it took for the redhead to nod.

Stretching both his hands, he used his light attribute to create the landscape of the city.

The room glowed in a golden hue as the redhead used his skill.

Golden swirls shimmered as it took its form, accurately replicating the place where they resided.

Everyone was silent as they watch the redhead do his task.

As it grew in size, the people stepped back, creating space.

A beautiful structure of the kingdom floated in the middle of the room, glimmering as it swirled.

When Royse was done, he gazed at everyone.

Aside from the people who knew, the rest could only open their mouths agape from the scene before them.

They stared at the redhead, processing what he had just done.

Rohesia was the first to burst.

"ROSEY WAS A LIGHT USER!?!?!"

Amy laughed while the twins simply sighed. Damien along with Carl was amused at the scene, while Milivoj was silent, thinking he was being pranked by Amy. Elsie thought she was hallucinating.

Catherine simply gazed at the redhead.

"Royse is capable of using the light attribute, then-" She widened her eyes as she remembers an incident. Realization dawned upon her. "Royse was the one who protected us back in the tea party..."

Everyone knew of the incident. Knew of the undercover hero that made their appearance on that day. The hero that saved the children.

The twin's nods.

"Indeed, Royse here is none other than that famous hero." Henry revealed.

Milivoj widened his eyes. The famous hero that everyone spoke praises. The hero that was rumoured to be the holder of the 3 rarest attributes.

Everyone shared the same thoughts as they gazed at the redhead.

Elsie spoke next. "So it wasn't someone from the Academy's special division?!" She asks in disbelief. She loved the topic of the mysterious hero and made countless theories. When she found out the person was her age and had black eyes, she immediately speculated the hero to be from the special division that had special students.

Never did she think Royse to be the one.

William shook his head. "No. We've already done our investigation there and found no resemblance to the hero, all except for Royse." The prince side-eyed Royse and smiled as he registered his expression.

The redhead nervously chuckled. "Well, I dug my own grave when I forgot to change my hair and eyes in the early days. I only realized my mistake a little too late..." He was slowly getting over the mistake he did, but it still irked him whenever he remembers.

Milivoj spoke next. "But Midnight Terror disappeared a few years ago."

Royse sighed. "Well, security became a bit too tight around here. And there wasn't any use for me to venture compared before. Blame it on responsibilities as well." Was his only reason.

Clearing any doubts, Catherine laughed at the situation. "Royse is plenty of surprises." She comments.

Rohesia simply pouted.

"Unbelievable! You were venturing out on your own before we even got adopted! And around that time, you met with Andrew! He's the other one isn't he!?"

The redhead shrugged. "He saw me training. He well, asked to join me. I was 5 at that time sis, you can't blame me. Little ol' me was too innocent to think of his actions."

Amy scoffed, side-eyeing Royse.

5? As if, Royse was actually 18.

Bold of him to blame his body age.

Even the twins gazed at Royse in doubt, not buying his words. They were sure Royse did his actions with purpose and not just some childish act.

Rohesia who was disappointed in her brother decided to give up. "You know, I'm more surprised that I failed to notice..." She sighs as she slumps her shoulders.

The blonde beside her chuckled, placing her hand over her shoulder in assurance. "Well, let's be grateful that Royse finally told us his secret."

"It seems it's an honour for me to be one of the first to know~" Damien commented.

As soon as he spoke, everyone glared at the male.

William scoffed. "After what you've done to Royse." He reminds.

Damien smiles. "I'll have you know that Royse defeated me that day. Oh, I also was not responsible for Royse to be in a coma, I didn't cast a spell towards him to be sent that way." He explains, remembering the time when he carried Royse in his arms back in the hunting ground. He remembers how he felt something absorbing the kid's mana.

Ah, now that he thinks about it, that was the time he started becoming interested in Royse.

The twins gazed at him in scepticism. William was about to make a comeback but Royse spoke next.

"He didn't." Royse states.

Amy sighed.

Everyone became silent as they gazed at the redhead dubiously, wondering if he was telling the truth.

"Although he is partly the reason, there was something else that caused me to be that way." He explains.

"Partly." Amy repeated. Even she still held a grudge over Damien for what he did.

As if they'd forget the excruciating pain they felt that day.

Juli also sent a glare towards the white-haired male. He too was furious when Damien attacked Royse and attempted to kidnap him.

The redhead sighed. "Damien, I told you to be on your best behaviour. Are you sure you still want to continue the alliance?"

That took everyone's attention.

"Alliance...?" Henry murmurs.

Royse nods. "Yes." He narrowed his eyes when he sees William widening his and was about to speak.

Before he had the chance to, Royse cut him off.

"Damien here wishes to help us in defeating Xena. He was guarding her yes, but apparently, it didn't end well for him." Royse explain as he glanced at the half-blood.

"To simply put it, this stalker here was betrayed and wishes to get his revenge." He finishes as he points his thumb over the said male.

Damien frowned at his title. "Stalker? Now that hurts."

"Shut it mutt."

Everyone was surprised at the exchange. Especially with Royse's choices of words.

Carl and Milivoj seemed to approve but the rest, well, it felt odd for Royse to speak vulgar words.

Especially Elsie. She had heard Royse speak a few casual words but never like this.

Juli's eyes sparkled as he watches Royse control the half-blood.

Rohesia was simply disappointed that her brother was revealing himself too much.

'At least Rosey never cursed.' She thinks.

Oh, little did she know.

"He also promised to help with any investigation, as long as you can guarantee his safety." Royse informed.

William glared at Damien. "Royse, I'm afraid it's not easy to trust this person. Anyone part of the underground group is bound to betray us easily."

Damien sighed. He rose his wrist, showing the golden ring engraved. "Saintess here went and shackled me." He eyes Amy on the side. The lady simply sneered. "Royse has defeated me twice and he can if he wants to again, it would be stupid of me to make an enemy out of him." He explains.

Carl studied the white-haired male before turning towards the twins. Humming, he spoke his opinion. "Then I see no problem. Though you are going to need to answer your sentences from what you've done. But if you pledge an alliance, there wouldn't be any difficulties with you joining." He informs.

William snarled towards Carl. "I didn't take you to be someone swayed so easily."

The brunette sent a smile. The one that rivalled William's icy expression. "Your highness, I did say he is not exempted from what he's done. But he can easily defeat us all and the only ones capable of taking him down is Amy and Royse. With his background, there won't be any difficulties for him to become an emissary."

As if Carl would allow a strong individual from escaping their grasp. He was going to make use of this alliance. Whether they like it or not.

The two had a heated glare, none backing down.

Henry placed his hand over his brother's shoulder, calming him. He then turns towards the brunette. "We'll further talk about this matter at a different time. I will place my trust on Amy and Royse to monitor the man for the time being."

Both said people were glad that Henry was calm with the situation.

"I would like to focus on the problem at hand." The oldest of the twin states, deciding to be the one to drop the subject.

Royse nods, returning back to their main topic. He gazed at the golden structure in the middle of the room.

He waves his hand, moving the structure and zooming in on the academy.

"Xena is currently on the loose, we are capable of tracking her but seeing how we defeated her in the evening, I doubt she'll be making an appearance soon." Royse explains before turning towards Damien.

"When someone is possessed, I believe there must be a deal or goal."

The white-haired male nods. "Of course. Although it's not often the case, it still happens. When the individual harbours a strong desire, the demon would act upon it. Granting their wish."

The redhead nods. "I speculate that Xena will return on the day of the graduation."

Everyone frowned. They gazed at the redhead, waiting for him to continue.

"We don't know what Amelie wishes for but with her situation, it's possible to think she'd wish to prove herself. Graduation is where achievements are announced, where awards and recognition are given."

In a way, it did make sense for her to appear that day. Though there were a few holes with Royse's reason, it was still highly likely that it would happen.

"Then what's the plan?" Carl asks.

Royse waved his other hand. Multiple stones started to form and floated above the golden structure. The people in the room recognized the stones like the ones from the tea party.

"Protection stone. Seeing how every student and professor must be present at the graduation, I need these stones placed in their pockets. That way, they could easily evacuate from the academy."

The redhead gazed at his friend. "Amy and I will be the ones fighting against Xena." He turns towards the others. "His highnesses will be responsible for ordering the academy professors to evacuate the students, and as much as possible, I'd prefer it if no one else would attempt to battle Xena."

The twin's nods.

Damien hummed. "This is going to be difficult." He comments as he places his index finger below his chin, examining the structure.

The redhead turns his head towards the white-haired male. "Why?"

"Xena possesses dark and nature. Not only that, she can also control the body's attribute. I'm sure you've seen the attack she did in the city." He reminds everyone of the silhouette that appeared.

"The whole academy will be destroyed. Knowing Xena, she'll use everything of her disposal." He finishes.

The redhead pursed his lips.

Amy huffed. "Then we'll do the same." She announced, placing her hand on her hips.

"Amelie has fire. Paired with nature, I'm afraid it's best to expect that we'll need a water mage." Royse explains.

"Rosey, if that's what you're worried about, then I don't mind handling it. I can stop any spread of fire." Rohesia exclaims, placing her palm on her chest.

"I along with Rohesia can also stop it." William states, knowing his ice attribute could be of use.

Carl sighed. "Sadly I can only use fire. I'll attempt to absorb the flames if I can."

Milivoj also scratches his head. "Nature is also out of the option huh..." He comments, knowing that plants were flammable.

Catherine chuckled. "I believe we still have some use. If we try hard enough, we may be able to stop the walls from collapsing if we strengthen the foundation."

Elsie furrows her brows. "I lack mana but I can provide a wind barrier for a few and allow students to stand on air."

Royse nods. "That would be great. The protection stones will be durable enough to withstand attacks but the problem would be the building. I'll be relying on everyone to minimize the damage and remove any obstacle to allow an easier path for the students to escape."

He turns towards the white-haired male. "Do you have any thoughts regarding this plan?"

Damien removed his finger on his chin. "There's no problem but I must ask." He looks at Royse. "Do you have any backup plans?"

"Backup-" Royse looks down.

That didn't cross his mind. He does have the device that he and Juli created but it wasn't like it would put an end to their enemy. It was only a tool to help aid them.

Damien sighed as he studied his expression. "Can you zoom out the structure?"

Royse moved his hand and scrolled out the academy from view and returned it to the former structure.

The white-haired male analyzed the city. He thinks of Xena's habit and how she moved.

"Yeah, she would do that..." He murmurs.

Amy scoffed, hearing the male. "Do what?"

"Attack the city. Once she realizes that she won't win against you guys, I'm sure she'll divert her attention towards the city and have you guys distracted by saving the citizens." Damien explains. He knew how Xena operated. He's sure most of the 10 seats would also do the same.

And this was Xena, the one responsible for assisting Arabella 16 years ago.

Damien was sure Xena would do the same thing she did at that time. Though he wonders if she'll be sealed again.

Just the thought made the white-haired male anticipate her demise.

They all blinked in surprise. That information alone was enough to destroy their whole plan in keeping people safe.

Not only the students but the rest of the citizens.

Royse frowned. His eyes bore against the structure as he racked his brain for ideas.

There is one, but it required manpower.

He turns towards the twins. "I believe I suggested to have adventurers assist us with the city did I not?"

The twins remembered the day that Royse attended the council meeting and nodded. "Yes. We've gathered more than enough reliable people, there are also a few high ranking adventurers that are listed."

"Then, there would be 2 phases of the battle." Royse waved his hand and created the academy above the first structure.

The people in the room gazed at the newly formed layout.

"The 1st phase would be in the academy. Amy and I will battle with Xena but we won't put an end to the fight so quickly. Our battle's purpose is to buy enough time for everyone to follow the first plan in evacuating the students." Royse then looks at the city.

"Once everyone in the academy has left, Amy and I will proceed to battle Xena to force her to the 2nd phase."

"The 2nd phase would be the city." Royse used his other hand and marked the emergency area around the place. He knew these parts of the kingdom was the safest, seeing how branches of the adventurers guild were stationed there along with clinics.

"Citizens will evacuate here. Knights are to be prepared before we arrive in the 2nd phase." He turns towards the twins. "Both Knights and Adventurers will need to work together." Royse also turns towards Elsie. "Do you think the Wilk family are able to provide support?"

Elsie nods. "Yes, but I will need his highnesses letter of order."

"The king has already sent his orders to the knights regarding the formation of what they'll be doing, the Wilk family included. There should be no problem with them joining hands with adventurers." William informed.

"We'll go with that. Citizens safety are our top priority. Since Xena has attacked the city before, it wouldn't be weird to consider her using the same tactic. We may need a lot more people for this."

Damien also spoke. "I'll have my men deal with those annoying silhouette's. I'm sure they won't sit still when they find out that they can fight back." He announced.

"If manpower is what we require, then I believe I can easily request for more." Juli spoke.

The tenants widened their eyes, forgetting about the light blue-haired male. Even Royse was taken aback.

Right, he forgot how Juli tended to hide his presence.

The redhead then remembered the Hubel family's occupation. Slowly, a smile crept on Royse's face.

"Will it be no problem, Juli-senpai?" He asks, aware of his family's connections.

The older male nods, smiling as he examined the redhead's expression. "Yes. There is no doubt my father will also be sending his support."

Royse turns towards everyone. "Then we'll follow that plan. We'll keep Xena busy in the 1st phase while everyone evacuates to the emergency point. Using my space attribute, I'll be able to sense for any remaining people in the academy. When Amy and I are left, we'll head on to phase 2."

That day, everyone proceeded to finalize their plan.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

188K 7.6K 24
Damn, I thought he was just a fictional character made to let people know that we should grow up one day. kinda weird to see him in a room I recently...
1.1M 44.5K 172
Being a normal college student, Eunseo was reincarnated into a book she barely remembers as a no-name canon fodder. To survive in an unknown world s...
234K 6.9K 57
I could say this is one cliché story. A college girl died and transmigrated into an otome game she once played. Unfortunately she becomes the villain...
629K 27.3K 67
I had reincarnated into Remis Xenith, the younger brother of the heroine, who died at the beginning of every route. In order to not interfere with t...