Flames of a lie

By Bluedragon95

"What are you doing here," he asked in bitterness making me curl my fingers and dig my nails in my palm in fe... More

A/N
CAST
PROLOGUE
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
A/N
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Ashes of Lie Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapters 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
New Book Alert
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Bed Of Nails
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Bed Of Nails.
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107&108
Chapter 109&110

Chapter 46

4.6K 298 37
By Bluedragon95

***Follow me and vote***

"What do we have in between us"

I averted my eyes from them as a warm tear trailed down from my left eye. I wiped it from the back of my hand and continued cleaning, not wanting to see the happy couple. Sage, get a hold of yourself. Stop making useless things in your mind. You both have nothing between each other. He went out as soon as he heard her voice. Remember why you are here. My inner voice reminded me of everything in her calm tone as she tried to console me but a big storm had already begun inside me. I wiped my eyes to dry them up as I took deep breaths to even my ranging emotions. I started to wall out of the kitchen being aware that they were still standing there talking about something. I tried to ignore their talk and walk away without trying to disturb them. After all, I was the one who was coming in between them. 

"Sage" I heard Grace calling my name in her little surprised voice as she saw me coming out of the kitchen. I bit my lower lip as I heard her calling me. I took a deep breath before lifting my eyes to look at her. I know she will read my face as she did last time when we meant. At that time I was not sure about my feelings but now I know I have unwanted feelings that started to surf in my heart and I don't want her to notice it. After all, she has always been kind to me. I don't want to be a barrier to her happiness. 

"Hey Grace," I said with a faint smile on my face as my little wet eyes met with her vibrant ones. He was standing close to her. Her warm vibrant eyes moved all over my face as she again started to read my face. I looked away. I felt his eyes on me but I ain't looked in his way. 

"Did I disturb your work with my presence?" she asked in her bothered voice as she moved her eyes from me than to him. Then she looked inside the kitchen to find it empty. 

"No-no my work is finished, you didn't disturb us. I will take my leave now everyone is waiting for me in the canteen" I said in my hurried voice as I flashed her my nervous smile. Saying that I walked away as he nodded her headlight at me. 

"I'm famished too, can I join you guys?" I heard her asking the head chef. I walked away before he could reply. 

"What's for lunch today," I asked as I took my seat beside William as I brought small excitement in my voice. 

"Pasta with meatballs and bread," James said as he looked up from the cell phone on which he was texting his girlfriend. Logan was busy reading his recipe book 

"Sounds delicious," I said with the same fake excitement as I took the water and took gulps of cold contained. William looked at me for a second then looked back on what he was doing whereas chef Oliver was busy talking on his phone. 

"We have ordered for you too," Logan said as he was still trying to act to be distanced as he looked up from his book. 

"Hello, guys, long time no see" I heard Grace's voice from behind making everyone look back at her. Everyone said hello but I didn't turn to look at her. I felt his eyes on my back but I ignored him. Both of them walked near our table and took their seats beside each other. They all knew her of course they will after all she is a grey-eyed monster's fiancee. Soon the food came and I slowly started munching on it. 

"You have come to the restaurant after a long time," chef Oliver asked her as he ate his food. 

"Yeah, work has been keeping me all day and night in the office. I'm trying to wrap it up but it's increasing day by day," she said in her soft, stressed voice. 

"You want to wrap up the work before the engagement," Wiliam asked as he looked up from what he was doing. I stopped in my tracks and a spoon full of food hovered over my lips as soon as I heard the word engagement. 

"Yeah it's happening so soon, don't you think Xanthus," she asked him doubtfully as she ate her food trying to hide something in her eyes. 

"I don't think so. How much longer do you want to wait," he said in his heavy doubtless voice, making me look at him as tears threatened to fall for them but I swallowed them up as his grey eyes met mine. I looked back at my food and my appetite was lost as I didn't feel like eating anymore. He wants to marry her then why the hell is he playing with me. 

"So are we invited," James asked her as he flashed her a smile as he wiggled his eyebrows. 

"You all are invited. Don't worry everyone will get the invitation" she said with a smile on her face but I saw her eyes were dull as she smiled at them and focused on her food. So everything is decided there will be engagement and soon there will be widening. My throat clogged as the big lump formed at the base. Everyone talking and discussing after hearing they are invited. 

"Guys I'm going to click everyone's photos for my blog so smile," William said in his eager voice as he started clicking the picture and everyone posed. 

"So you have finally decided to do it," chef Oliver said in his amused voice as he rested his back on the chair. 

"Sage smile," William said as his hand wrapped around my shoulder and pulled me towards him as I smiled for the photo as he got me off-guard. He clicked more photos of us as grey eyes stayed fixed on me with a clenched jaw where William's hand was placed on my shoulder. 

"This is going to be my profile picture," he said with a big smile on his face as he looked at it and then me. I gave him a faint smile as his eyes glinted in happiness. The rest of the lunch went in a blur as I didn't hear anything as I was lost in my agony. 

"Sage---Sage'' I heard my name being called which made me look up with a frown on my face. 

"Huh," I said as I looked at her still lost. 

"Where are you lost," Grace asked me in her soft voice. He was looking at me. I moved my eyes from her to him and back to her. 

"No--nothing I was thinking about something," I said as I tried to cover my lie with a faint smile. 

"So I was saying, Everyone is coming, you will too come to the engagement," she asked with hopeful eyes. I felt eyes on me as I came out of my daze. 

"Y--yes," I said in my small voice with a heavy heart as I lowered my eyes. I don't know if I will be able to see it with my own eyes. 

"Then it's done, all are coming. Guys, I will take my leave now I need to go back to work" she said as she took her bag and flashed all of us her smile as she waved at us bye. Grey eye monster stood up to walk her out. We all went back to work as I was lost in my world while doing it. He came back after some time but I refused to look in his way or talk with him. He has done enough damage to me I won't let him do anything more to me. 

"Sage" I heard James call me, making me look up from the dough I was kneeling. Before I could say anything he put a spoon full of sauce in my mouth. 

"How is it," he asked as I tasted it. 

"Good," I said as I tried to wipe the sauce from the corner of my mouth but my hands were full of flour. 

"Wait a minute I will wipe it for you," William said as he came forward and wiped the extra sauce from the corner of my mouth with his finger and his finger brushed on my lips as he did that, making me gulp and my eyes widened at his sudden action. 

"It's clean now," he said with a mischievous smile on his face as he did it. His fingers were still on my lips as he said that. 

"William get back to work now" we heard an angry voice which made me flinch at my place as I found mad grey eyes looking at me with narrowed eyes. William gulped in fear and went back to what he was doing. 

"You get me frozen meat from the pantry," he said in his same furious voice as he said that looking straight into my eyes. I gulped hard with a small nod. I was mad at him but the way his demeanour was made me obey him. I washed my hands fast and walked out of the kitchen before he snapped at me again. I was in the pantry taking out meat from the deep freeze when my hand was grabbed and I was being pushed to the wall. A sudden yelp left my mouth as I was being pressed to the wall. 

"Did I warn you not to let any man touch you?" he asked in his ferocious voice as he pressed me more to the wall with his hard body. He was again here now to put his claim on me when we were alone where no one could see us so he doesn't get caught in front of his fiance. I placed my hands on his hard chest as I tried to push him away from me but he said not budging from his place. 

"Let me go," I said in my mad voice. He was being demanded of me again. 

"No" he growled in denial as I tried to make his big caging body move away from my small one but he grabbed my hands pinned then beside my head making me glare at him in anger. He was pinning my wrist in a death grip as I furiously tried to free them. 

"Let me go now," I said in my furious voice but he didn't. 

"No" he growled again, this time stopping his face only an inch away from me making my heart beat wildly. 

"Why do you have a problem if anyone touches me. It's none of your business let me go," I said in my mad voice as tears threatened to fall from my eyes. I couldn't take the dominance anymore. 

"Because you are mine" he growled it on my face, making my body go numb and eyes wide with fear. 

"W---what," I said in my shuttering voice as he said that. My heart was ready to leap out of my chest as he said those words. 

Did he just confess to me? 

"You are mine and only mine" he repeated those words with the same possessiveness. 

I'm his. 

But as he said those words Grace's face flashed in front of my eyes. He was playing not only with me but with her too. If he's marrying her then why does he want me? My eyes hardened as the realisation that I'm his plaything crossed my mind.  

"Will you say those words in front of everyone? Will you accept in front of everyone that you love a man" I asked while looking straight into his eyes? This made him look at me with more ferocious eyes. From his look, it was clear he wouldn't. He just wants to play with me to show his possession in a closed room where there are no judging eyes. I knew he wouldn't do that in front of everyone and my self-esteem was not this low that I would let him do whatever he wanted with me. 

"Let me go," I said those words furiously as I ground my teeth in anger. He still didn't let go but I yanked my hand out of his death grip. I moved out of his grip not wanting to be In his presence anymore. I started walking away from him with my broken heart as tears now freely fell from my eyes. I stopped when I was at the door and said the words in my frantic voice as I tried to control my emotions. 

"Don't you date to show your clams on me ever" 
______________________________________
A/N
Hey, guys update for you.
Let me know your thoughts in the comment section.

Read in Early access tier 1
Hate War complete book
Flames of Lie complete.
Ashes of a Lie Chapter 8
Stolen Secretary up to chapter 49

Early access tier 2
All the above books &
New book The Bride of Last Dragon.

Early access tier 3
All the above books and The Litte Bride 5 chapters every week.

For more information go on my Patreon page.

Search PatreonBlueDragon95 to find me.

I need your support guys.

Now me Bluedragon95 sign off we will meet guys at the next update. Till then have fun guys, and be safe.

Thank you.

Vote, comment, share and don't forget to follow me, guys.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

780K 18.3K 17
"How dare you!!" His stare and cold voice made me step back with fear scared of what he will do "You clumsy woman!! Keep those disgusting hands of yo...
30.4K 1.8K 43
A saga of making her his. A saga where in the process of making her his he breaks the girl with whom he fell in love with. *Blurp* I flinch when the...
3.1K 215 11
Betrayal. The only emotion coursing through me right now. The man I once loved...Or at least, the man I thought I loved. He's the one who did this t...
2.7K 195 17
Book 2 of "Arranged Marriage" Series Here is the story of a couple who were arranged to marry eachother. And lived together fighting, loving and car...