Transmigration as an Unknown...

By saikkuro

I, Miyazaki Daichi was transported inside my sister's favorite otome game as an unknown character. And that s... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Announcement!!!
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10.1
Chapter 10.2
Chapter 10.3
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Art Dump (not an update)
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Thank You
Story
Announcement!!!

Chapter 33

1.3K 48 6
By saikkuro

Royse bit his nails.

This was weird.

Amelie was avoiding him and Elsie. Every time he comes closer to her, the blond would rush off elsewhere.

Royse could easily find her, but if he tries to force her for answers, then it might make their situation worse.

The best option would be to wait for Amelie herself to be the one to tell them in her own accord.

But the question is, when will she?

The redhead paced around his room and strode towards his bookshelf. He traced the books and documents with his index finger and tried to search for any information regarding Amelie's family.

When he saw the family record book, he grabbed it and turned the page according to the letters.

Finding the name, he checks the reference numbers and grabbed the listed file that held information about the family.

And to those that wondered how Royse took hold of these resources, the credits would be given to his dear butler Mark. And convincing the butler in getting this was no easy task, Royse had to retort in using his highnesses as a reason and for the purpose of knowing his business clients.

Royse puts down the book and grabbed the folder. He checked its contents and skimmed through it.

The redhead furrows his brows.

The information it held was something he was already aware of. The family history, their businesses. What he didn't know much of was the death of the late Baron Caddel.

Apparently, as stated, was caused by a bandit ambush.

He checked the rest of the papers in the file and saw no clue. But he did notice the papers about Isthia.

Removing it from the file, he reads the words and sees the achievement of the Laurier's youngest.

Royse puts the paper down and grabbed the book earlier. He searches for the next name and proceeded to grab the file of the Laurier family.

He flipped through the pages and found the history of the youngest daughter of the family.

Born as a lightning wielder. She was the assumed breadwinner of the family ever since she showed her talent at a young age, but when the oldest daughter married into the Emor family, it gave the Laurier family enough support.

While on the other hand, Isthia was wedded to the Caddel family.

Royse checked the professors that Isthia studied with. Familiar names were recorded and made him realise that Isthia was given the best of best for her education despite the Laurier family's financial situation.

He continued to check the papers and saw more documents about the time when the youngest Laurier was attending the academy.

Everything about her report spoke praises. The achievements listed, her contributions, everything about her was the ideal student.

Reading this, Royse was starting to realize what type of person Isthia was.

But why was there bad blood between the sisters?

He decides to search about Anna next and tried to find anything helpful. He didn't expect to see the stark difference in the number of Anna's papers compared to Isthia.

Her knowledge was not given attention. No achievements were listed, and most of all, no attribute.

Royse was slowly connecting the dots.

The paper only described her personality, likes and dislikes and other information that wouldn't be much of a help.

This left Royse to conclude that Isthia has a superiority complex. Her being the assumed breadwinner at a young age only fueled the fire. When Anna became wedded to the Emor, Isthia took this personally and in her mind, made her think that Anna took her place.

What more, someone who lacked qualification.

The redhead sighed. It's not something hard to believe. Although Royse only met the youngest one time, he can pretty much guess the baroness' personality.

But most of all, to think Isthia would assassinate her older sister due to this.

Jealousy was controlling Isthia.

Putting every paper aside, he thinks about Amelie. It made sense for her to be wary of Catherine. Isthia must've been ordering her to stay away from her cousin.

But the worry in her eyes when she found out that Catherine was sick, Royse was sure it was sincere.

He hopes he gets to speak with his friend soon.

--------

Royse covered his mouth as he yawned. He spent the night not only researching about the Laurier family, but also the Monroe family. He checked the family's business and investigated the list of their debts. Not only that, but Royse also investigated Evan.

And not surprisingly, Evan was sentenced to 5 years in jail back when he was young. At that time, he was living in the Dwarf Kingdom and after that, he maintained a low profile before going here to Estrela to find a job.

With a criminal record, Evan had difficulties but the baron Monroe was the one who offered him a job. The man was your usual worker but he started to do those charity works only when the academy year started.

Royse could only speculate that Evan gaining reputation was part of the plan of baron Monroe and baroness Caddel. This would pose a huge problem considering commoners would want to side with the man.

Royse heaved a sigh, already feeling tired just from thinking about it.

They'd need a lot of evidence.

Well, considering the fact that his highnesses were the ones handling that issue, Royse could remove that from one of his worries.

What he needed to focus on were the demon and the underground group. He needs to find clues on the being's whereabouts and deal with it as soon as possible.

And most of all, make sure to observe Catherine. His worries revolved around the young lady, knowing the chances that the demon would target her and control her.

Royse hummed.

Maybe he should make a light stone as a charm for her.

He'll do that once he returns home.

Walking around the campus, Royse glanced at the students. A sigh escaped his lips as he thinks about the things he could do in school.

The cast was all preoccupied with their studies. He had already paid them a visit earlier and found out that they were working their ass off. No use in disturbing them. He also searched for the light blue-haired male but he and his brother Moran was busy attending to some matters.

Royse remembers how Juli wanted to join him but Moran pulled him by the collar and reminded him that they had jobs to do.

The redhead chuckled at what happened.

Elsie also asked for some space, still feeling responsible that she was the reason Amelie was avoiding them. The brunette was distracting herself by studying and training.

Everyone was busy with their own worries. They were all aware they need some time and space.

Not that he minds, he's grateful for it actually, but it does make him realize that he has a lot of time to waste.

Looking in a direction, he sees a familiar figure. There stood on the corner was Cain Monroe.

When they both made eye contact, Cain rushes to run away out of his sight.

Weird.

The redhead placed his index finger below his chin, looking on the ground with a thoughtful gaze.

Both Amelie and Cain was avoiding him. Could they possibly know something? For Cain it wouldn't be surprising, but for Amelie.

Royse started to become even more worried.

He shook his head at the thought that crossed his mind.

Let's not think that Amelie would think of hurting her family.

Ahh, Royse hoped that his friend would talk to him soon. He doesn't think he can handle any further lack of sleep due to anxiety.

Before he continued his walking, Royse was surprised when he senses a familiar presence. The person stood behind him and tapped his shoulder.

He turns his head and saw his friend.

"Would it be alright to talk to you?"

There Amelie stood.

Sitting in the garden, the two of them realized how long they had last spent their time in this place. It was still the same as ever yet the atmosphere was heavy unlike the usual.

None of them spoke. Both thinking about how to start the conversation. In this case, Royse would usually start but he wanted to see if his friend would do her best and speak first.

Minutes would pass as they remained on their seat.

The redhead didn't mind Amelie taking all the time she needed.

And that she did.

Finally opening her mouth, Amelie said her first words.

"I'm sorry..."

The redhead remained silent. Waiting for her next words.

"The both of you must be confused with my recent actions, and I'd like to clarify that it was never your fault. Please believe me when I say this."

Royse turns towards his friend and gazed at her expression. The blonde lady sported a frown. She slowly looked at him and continued.

"I'm unable to explain my situation completely, but things have not been good. I'll be unable to spend our time together due to my studies..." She explains, hoping that her reason was enough to convince the redhead.

Royse sadly smiled.

"I understand but," He took her hands.

"Are you sure you're being honest with yourself?"

The blonde widened her eyes at the words and looked down, pursing her lips.

She needed to lie, but she knew she couldn't contain her wish any longer.

She shook her head and with a trembling voice, she replied.

"I am unable to. I am only able to do that when I am finished with what I have-"

Amelie couldn't continue her words when warm pair of arms engulfed her in an embrace.

A hand pats her head, assuring her. The action reminded her of the time when her father was still alive. Her father who did the same when she had nightmares.

They became silent.

Amelie's eyes shone from the unshed tears. Slowly, her hands wrapped around the other person, reciprocating the gesture. She buries her head on his shoulder, letting her tears finally flow.

Letting everything out as it no longer was able to contain itself.

The redhead didn't utter any word as he continued his action in assuring his friend. He listened to his friend's whimpering, giving her a chance to release everything.

Minutes would pass but they paid it no mind. For them, time had stopped the moment they spoke.

Amelie finally removed her arms and distanced herself. Royse offered her his handkerchief which the young lady gratefully accepted.

She wiped her eyes and smiled.

"Thank you."

The redhead mirrored her expression.

"I'm glad."

Amelie looks away, feeling lighter. The anxiety was no longer weighing her.

The two of them gazed at the scenery. The wind blew past them, fluttering their hair. The sound of birds singing and the rustle of leaves left the two in peace.

Amelie opened her mouth to speak.

"Royse, do you think I can be courageous?" She asks as she gazed at the butterflies that flew by the flowers.

The redhead replied. "The Amelie I know already is. You've been strong since the first day we met."

The blonde sadly smiled.

"I see."

Royse turns his attention towards his friend. "You know, I'm sure Elsie would like for us to be like this again? Do you think you're able to?" He asks carefully.

The blonde became thoughtful before nodding. "Yes, I believe I can."

The redhead smiled at the response.

When they spoke with Elsie, the brunette burst into tears immediately and engulfed Amelie in a hug. She refused to let go of her hold until she was satisfied. At that point, Amelie was the one consoling her friend instead which made all 3 of them laugh.

Elsie sighed.

They all sat down on the bench, tired from their reconciliation. It wasn't that they fought, but with their distance, it seemed as if they did.

Elsie squinted her eyes, swollen with all the tears that escaped. Amelie and Royse chuckled at their friend's appearance which caused the brunette to pout.

Elsie continued to clean her nose with her handkerchief. When she spoke, her nose was still clogged, leaving her with a nasal voice. "Do you guys want to go somewhere?" She asks.

Amelie nods. "I'd love to but perhaps it would be best if we wait till Elsie is comfortable enough to go out." Amelie commented.

It took the two to realize that the blonde had teased.

The brunette pouted, putting both her hands on her hips to appear as if angry. "I do not look terrible."

The redhead joined in the fun and smirked. "Your eyes say otherwise."

"Royse and Amelie is a bully!" She whined.

The two laughed at their friend's antics. After tormenting the poor girl with their teasing, they finally decided to create their plan for the day.

"I believe we should check out the cafe that Elsie spoke of." Amelie suggested.

The brunette beamed at the words, pumping her fist in excitement. "Then it's best if we take the main route. The road there has a number of cute shops. I'm sure you'll love it!"

Royse felt his sweatdrop. He realizes that he'll be accompanying them with their shopping, which meant he'll be spending his time waiting for them to finish. Well, sacrificing his time would be worth it for their sake but he'd need to prepare himself for the time he'll spend waiting.

What a great time to practice patience.

With the plan created, all 3 of them waited for dismissal to arrive.

----------

Royse rushed outside his classroom, rare for him to be the first to leave. He felt his sweatdrop as he checked his watch.

His class went overtime due to the fact that their advisor made changes to their plan.

In the end, it took longer for them to finish. Now, Royse was rushing to leave the academy and meet up with the other 2.

When he was seen by one of the cast, they called out his name.

He regretted turning from the voice. Royse wanted to ignore the person who called him.

There walking towards him was Carl. Seeing the redhead rushing made the older male grin. Royse was readily expecting the older male's teasing.

"Oh, is Royse leaving so soon?" He asks.

Royse smiled, closing his eyes. The expression he used when he wanted to escape someone. A habit that Carl was familiar with.

"Yes, and since you noticed, I'll be taking my leave then." The redhead immediately averted his head and started walking.

"If so then I advise you to be careful. I know you'll be joining your friends, remain cautious despite that." He spoke.

That halted the redhead. Instead of teasing, he was surprised by the advice he received.

He turns his head towards his friend and sported a confident smile.

"Don't worry, they won't do such thing." Was his only response before he marched off towards his destination.

The older male watched the retreating back of Royse.

"I hope so..." He murmurs.

Royse managed to join with the two. Of course, the redhead had to explain the delay and both Amelie and Elsie nods in understanding.

"Yeah, that professor tends to change his schedule lately. I wonder if it's because we're already in the middle of the academy year." Elsie pondered as she looks at the blue sky.

"Perhaps, though I'd prefer for us to remain on schedule with the upcoming days. It's difficult if we were to lose track."

The redhead nods at Amelie's statement. "Indeed. I believe I remember one of my clients being late to their scheduled appointment with me. And in the end, they were the ones to complain about the terrible service of mine when I left to attend my next clients." Royse explained.

The two girls grimaced.

"That's difficult."

The redhead shrugged. "There will always be someone like that appearing. Instead of reacting to it, you tend to ignore them. You'd be wasting your energy and time if you become affected by them."

Elsie was awe'd. "That's a splendid advice Royse. I'll be sure to take that at heart."

"I too, as well." Came Amelie's response.

Both of them held shining eyes, making the redhead nervously chuckle.

The trio continued to share their stories. Each laughing at the antics. The redhead shared majority of his experience. From when he was young, till today.

"With all that experiences, Royse reminds me of a wise man."

The redhead blinked in surprise as he realized that 11 years had passed since he transmigrated. If he was back in his original world, he'd have been 29 years old by now.

A wise man, he wonders if he'd be one when he reaches that age.

Yeah, probably not.

"I'll take that as a compliment Elsie." Royse spoke.

"As you should." She replied with a huff.

The trio enjoyed their trip. They hopped from one shop to another. The redhead tried his best to join in their fun, but there was a limit to what he could do. So he opted to browse the shops' selection that he found appealing.

Of course, his friends noticed this and dragged him to somewhere he absolutely didn't want to go to.

The fashion boutique.

The redhead was silent, trying to keep a smile on his face the whole duration of their stay.

He had expected he'd just sit on a couch and compliment his friend's outfits but no.

He was the one on the receiving end.

Elsie continued to squeal while Amelie held a supportive gaze.

There Royse checked his outfit. He felt his sweatdrop by his appearance. He was wearing a suit that revealed his legs.

Unlike before, the variety of styles grew in numbers. The style of the adventurers guild was soon incorporated into some formal clothes, giving it a unique style.

Times were changing, making Royse wonder if the place would further advance. It would be nice if that was the case, and also would be a headache.

"Royse, how about you try that? I'm sure it would suit you!" Elsie spoke as she gestures over the outfit that hung on the rack.

A shop assistant went and took the outfit and handed it over towards the redhead with a smile.

Royse sighed before taking it. He returns to the dressing room and changed his clothes once again.

The outfit, instead of revealing his legs, revealed his back. It was a white formal suit with colourful gems that illuminated underneath the lights. It would look odd to most but Royse had to admit that it fitted his figure quite well.

It even surprised him that the outfit was comfortable. It gave an exotic vibe and made him consider if he should buy it. Rather than his legs being exposed, he prefered the back instead.

Checking himself one last time, he finally exited the dressing room and received a series of gasps.

He turns towards his friends and saw their eyes sparkling.

Elsie and Amelie were speechless but the blonde was the first to break the silence.

"You look stunning Royse." She comments with a smile.

The brunette beside her escaped her thoughts and finally spoke. She pumps her fist. "Royse, you look beautiful! Perhaps you should wear that to one of the gatherings! I know you'll be the main attraction if you do so!"

The redhead nervously laughed. "I'd rather not, but I admit the clothes are quite nice." He comments as he looks down and examined his attire.

The shop assistant strode towards him. "This outfit is designed by a new designer. If you'd like, you can order a customized version."

The redhead hummed. The word 'new designer' rang in his mind. "Could this designer perhaps be the one who designed the outfit worn by Amy Braegon?"

The shop assistant smiled and nodded. "Yes, indeed. That outfit was ordered by the Duchess Emor. She personally requested it."

"I see."

Royse smiled. This new designer would be the talk of the town sooner or later. He could already tell the designer's main target was introducing this line of outfits. And Royse was aware that other countries prefered this kind instead of the traditional ones.

"I'd like to make an order then."

The shop assistant nods as she gestures towards the other workers. The workers stood at the side with a clipboard in their hand while the shop assistant strode towards the redhead and took a measuring tape from her pocket.

"I'll be needing to measure your size."

The redhead nods and allowed the lady to do her job. She was quick and immediately finished her task.

Soon after, workers showed Royse the variety of fabrics that he'd choose from along with the gems it'd come with.

The redhead turns towards his friends. "How about the both of you help me decide." He asks with a smile.

Elsie and Amelie's eyes sparkled in excitement as they walked towards the selection.

"If it's Royse." Elsie picked a fabric and showed it to her friend. "What do you think about this Amelie-san?"

The blonde hummed. "If that is the case, then it's best we have it in this colour." She gestures towards the fabric. She then checked the other colours to choose from. "We can also have it paired with this. It allows them to balance each other."

Elsie looks at the blonde impressed. "That's amazing. I simply choose the colours I like best, Amelie-san is amazing. Perhaps you excel in arts."

The blonde chuckled. "Painting has been one of my hobbies." She turns towards Royse. "Is our selection alright with you Royse?"

The redhead nods as he smiled. "Yes. I relate to Elsie. I'm not the brightest when it comes to choosing the appropriate colours." He admits with a scratch on his cheek.

"Then this is finalized. I'll send the letter when the outfit is finished." The shop assistant announced. "Is there any other modification that you'd like to make?"

Royse glanced at his outfit. He looks at the back and thought of an idea. "Perhaps adding a pin here. I'd like to have a sort of ribbon as well."

The shop assistant wrote his request and nodded. "Very well." She turns towards everyone in the room. "Thank you for choosing our boutique. We'll be sure to notify you when your outfit can be received."

The trio nods. Royse changed his clothes into his uniform before leaving the shop.

Feeling drained, the redhead was unable to contain his sigh.

Seeing his expression, Amelie turns towards the brunette. "I believe we should get going to the cafe Elsie spoke of."

"Oh yeah. The cafe is near here. We just need to turn on the next corner. The place is filled with customers, I just hope we find a seat."

The redhead wondered what cafe his friend was talking about. He knew the best of best in Estrela, so perhaps this cafe was one of the few he visited.

When they finally arrived at the front of the shop, Royse blinked in surprise.

"I've yet seen this cafe." He commented.

The brunette held a proud smile as she gazed at the redhead. Puffing her chest, she explains. "This cafe was recently built a few weeks ago and immediately, it gained a reputation for the sweets it served."

Royse hummed. The building looked simple but from the window, it looked elegant. He could tell nobles frequently orders here due to the carriages that were parked outside. He glances at them and saw servants exiting the shop with a box on hand and then entering the carriage.

It seems they'd rather order a takeaway than dine-in.

Entering the establishment, Elsie was glad to find out that there were still seats available for them. Waiters escorted them to their table and handed over the menu.

Amelie read the content of the menu and sported a confused expression. Seeing her, Elsie giggled. She points her index finger over her friend's menu. "This one is nice. It's well balanced and light to eat." She suggested.

Amelie nods. "Then I'd like that." She turns towards the redhead. "What about you Royse?"

"Something citrus. I'm curious about this." The redhead shows the sweet he'd like to eat to his friends'.

His decided option earned him a worried look from the two.

"Are you sure you'd like that?" Elsie asks in concern. "It's rarely ordered. I haven't tried it yet but I heard that it's not as popular as the rest." She explained.

Royse smiled. "It's alright. I'm quite familiar with unique tastes and by that, those that fall below inhumane dishes." He comments jokingly.

The two tilted their heads at his words.

"It seems whatever it may be, for Royse to say such words, that dishes must've been a nightmare." Amelie states, looking at Royse in sympathy.

The redhead laughed as he nodded his head. "Indeed. I don't think I'll be ordering there, much less visit."

Yep. No way was he visiting the Monroe's eatery again.

Carl can affirm this.

When they finally made their orders, the trio continued their conversation from earlier.

The redhead laughed.

"So that meant, Elsie will need to spar with her uncle again."

The brunette dejectedly nod. "Yes. After uncle saw my progress, he became further ruthless when sparring. It's difficult as it is to land a hit on him, and now, it's even more difficult." Elsie pouted. "I wonder if I'll do good..."

Amelie patted the brunette's shoulder. "I'm sure you'd do great. Your uncle saw your improvements, which means he saw potential in you." She assures.

"And if you didn't improve, that means I failed to properly train you." Royse added.

Elsie widened her eyes and flailed her hands after hearing his words. "Royse is a splendid trainer! He's done better than the ones I had before. Please don't say that!."

Both of her other friends laughed. "Then don't think so low of yourself as well." Royse states.

The brunette slowly nods.

Their orders soon arrived. When they saw Royse's order, they were surprised at the beautiful bright yellow colour it held.

Seeing their expression, the redhead smiled. "Curious?" He asks.

Amelie nods. "I wonder if it's really sour..." She murmurs.

Elsie looks at Royse with a curious gaze. "Hurry and try it!"

Royse huffed at his friend and took the first bite. He relishes the taste and was impressed that someone was able to create a dish that was difficult to pull off in this world.

With a smile, he looks at the two. "It's quite refreshing. It's not an easy task to create a dish with this kind of ingredients. I'm pleasantly surprised." Royse scooted his plate closer to his friends. "Feel free to try it." He offered.

The two were hesitant but trusted the redhead nonetheless. They took a bite and was surprised at the taste.

"That's a unique flavour. If you'd like something different from the usual, I believe this would be a nice option." Amelie commented.

Elsie nods in agreement. "Indeed. Perhaps I'll order that next time."

Royse was sure Amy would also like this. She liked sweets but Royse had seen her eating sour fruits before. He's sure the light-attribute lady would like this.

Enjoying their meal, they finished it fairly quick. They didn't stay to chat, seeing how they'll need to return home before the sunsets.

Elsie held a satisfied expression as they walked along the streets.

"I'm glad the three of us were able to visit together. I was worried we wouldn't be able to..." A sad smile rose from her face.

Amelie examined her expression and gazed at the floor.

"I'm glad as well."

Royse was about to make a comment when he senses something amiss.

He glances at his surroundings and wondered why he felt his instincts kick in.

Both his friends noticed the change in his expression and wondered what was wrong.

Before they could ask, the sound of an explosion answered their question.

All three gazed at the location and became wide-eyed at the fire and smoke that rose from it.

Shouts were coming from that location. other people on the street also gazed in the direction and was worried if there was an attack happening.

The redhead became alarmed. He turns towards his friends. "The two of you go ahead. I'll catch up." Is what he announced before rushing towards the direction.

He left the two surprised.

Elsie and Amelie looked at one another.

"Is Royse going to be alright?" The brunette asks in concern.

The blonde pursed her lips. They both knew the redhead was powerful but they were still worried upon seeing the explosion.

Royse was heading there.

Amelie trembled as the words of the mysterious female figure rang in her mind.

"Courage." She murmurs.

She turns towards Elsie with a determined gaze.

"Let's follow after him. I'm concerned if he becomes hurt. If it's fire, then perhaps I can absorb it and make it as mine."

Elsie remembers Amelie's attribute and nods. "Then let's go."

Royse gritted his teeth.

Of course, whenever everything was peaceful, there was always trouble that followed after.

Royse manoeuvred around the panicking crowd and saw dark silhouette's causing chaos.

They created explosions, sending the buildings into rubbles. Boulders and bricks falling from the impact. Smoke engulfed the place as the fire only continued to blaze.

Screams were heard everywhere.

The silhouettes were many. It held a feminine figure and an all too familiar aura.

The aura he felt from the orb back in the underground base. The one that had sent pain in his chest.

Royse realized who he was dealing with.

"You!"

Noticing him, they all started to divert their attention towards him.

Just like that, they flew towards him, sending their attacks one by one.

The redhead cursed under his breath as he realized he'd be limited on using only one of his attributes.

He releases his weapon and blocked the attacks that came his way. He grunts at the force and was slowly being pushed back. He waves his weapon and retaliates.

He swings his weapon and changes it to his desire. With his many options, he was able to defeat the silhouettes.

He jumps away and threw his skills towards them. Poison bullets pierced through their bodies, causing wounds. The poison soon spread and finished them after.

But after dealing with them, many more of the silhouette's came rushing and focused on him.

He was outnumbered.

Not only that, he could hear a few children crying for help.

If number was his problem, then he'd just create some.

Bringing his foot on the ground, he turns the ground into a lake of poison. Soon, clones of himself rose from the lake. They grew in numbers, and soon, it rivalled the silhouettes.

Royse turns away and used his clones to buy him some time for him to save the children.

When the opponent saw what he was about to do, it diverted its attention towards the children and decided to eliminate them first.

Before it could attempt to, his poison clones made actions, stopping it from its tracks.

Seeing the silhouette now focused on his clones, Royse applied a speed boost and rushes towards his destination.

He soon appeared in front of the children out of thin air.

They all halted their crying as they saw the redhead before them. They were surprised at the sudden appearance.

Smiling, Royse assured them. "Don't worry, help is here. Let's get you guys out." He immediately carried the children in both his arms. The two immediately hugged him and burrowed their faces on his shoulders.

Done with saving them, Royse rushes towards a safer place where guards were slowly appearing.

He ran in great speed and easily dodged the falling boulders that came his way, all the while ensuring the safety of the children in his arms.

When he arrived in the safe zone, he puts the children down and patted each of their heads before returning to the battlefield.

He jumps on the roof and ran from there. He still sees his clones fighting the silhouettes. They were all scattered. Some were on the ground, while some were also on the roof.

Royse concentrated and unleashed his skill.

A poison hydra took form and started targeting the enemies. The redhead coated his weapon with poison and took a deep breath.

Just like that, with all the strength in his legs, he took a step, leaving a dent on the roof.

He appears before his enemy and sliced the silhouette.

It disintegrated and soon, all attention was on him again.

The hydra roared as it tackles each of its opponents. Crushing them, swallowing them with the poison. Enemies attempted their best to fight back but were rendered useless after they diminished one by one.

Royse and his clones finished the rest and made sure to keep an eye out for any people in the vicinity.

The redhead sensed the knights were arriving and hurriedly finished the job.

He retracts every poison being he created and focused on the remaining silhouette that retreated.

Before he could run after it, a slice of a sword finished it instead.

The holder swung his sword as he glared at the now disintegrating enemy. When he noticed the redhead, relief was all he felt.

The figure rushes towards him along with the knights that followed after.

"Are you alright?" William asks.

"I am. I have no injuries." He assures.

The prince nods before turning towards the knights. "Check for anyone injured and those that are still trapped under the rubble!" He orders.

All of them saluted before rushing towards the now tattered buildings.

"I heard from Carl that you'd be in town. When we heard the news about an explosion, we came as fast as we could." William examined the aftermath of the battle. "But it seems you handled everything." He sadly smiled.

"Had I not, then we'd probably have more casualties." He explains as he gazed at the people being saved.

"How are the people." The redhead asks. A part of him already knew the answer he'd receive.

William sported a solemn expression as he clenched his fists. "I'm afraid there were some unable to survive..."

The redhead was silent.

Soon, the topic was changed when knights were shouting for the remaining survivors that were found.

The two of them gazed in the direction.

"Amy Braegon has been notified. She'll be arriving soon to help heal the injured, and Royse, I'll need you to explain to us everything you noticed about the enemy just now."

"I don't mind, but before that, I left my friends. I need to assure them that I am safe."

William smiled. "I believe there is no need." He spoke before gazing behind the redhead.

Royse turns his head towards where the prince was looking and saw both Elsie and Amelie staring at him in relief.

The two rushes towards the redhead and panted as they stopped before him.

"Royse! Are you ok?" Elsie was first to ask, looking at him with teary eyes.

The redhead smiled as he nods. "I'm fine." He later frowned as he realized something. "Did the two of you follow after me?"

He was sure he told them to leave. That meant they came here in their own accord.

They pursed their lips, knowing that they had rushed after the danger. "We were worried..." Elsie explained.

Royse wanted to scold his friends but knew it should be saved at a later time. "Thank you for your concern." Royse sadly smiled as he continued. "I'm afraid we're going to have to end our plan like this." He announced.

William spoke next. "Royse will need to join me in regards to this incident. The young ladies should return to their household."

The two wanted to refuse but knew they had to obey. Nodding hesitantly, the two finally gave in and bid their farewells to their friend.

They watched the prince escort the redhead towards the carriage, assisting him in entering.

The sound of the horse galloping slowly deafened as it became further from them.

Staring at the distance, the two was silent.

The brunette surveyed their surroundings and saw the mess the town was in. Its former appearance was now replaced with the aftermath of the battle.

The fire was already dealt with, now leaving a trail of smoke.

"Royse is strong." Elsie comments. Their friend had just saved people.

Elsie remembered how Royse looked sad as he spoke with the prince. But despite that, he didn't allow himself to stay in a dejected state for long.

"To think he's still capable of moving after fighting just now."

Amelie gazed at where the carriage had left. She pursed her lips as her hands trembled.

"He truly is strong..."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

215K 7.4K 44
Zen Yodai, 27 y.o virgin 'straight' man. He claimed to be 'straighter than a ruler' but some people doesn't believe it (Me). Anyway, he died in the a...
9.3K 258 71
Volume 1: Under editing Volume 2: Ongoing *** Dizian Kyle unexpectedly got transmigrated into an otome game that a costumer recommended after he log...
518K 31.4K 37
"Don't touch that man." "Why not?" "He has a beast guarding him." I am that beast; Nora. I woke up as the villain of this book, destined to die after...
642K 27.9K 68
I had reincarnated into Remis Xenith, the younger brother of the heroine, who died at the beginning of every route. In order to not interfere with t...