Flames of a lie

נכתב על ידי Bluedragon95

"What are you doing here," he asked in bitterness making me curl my fingers and dig my nails in my palm in fe... עוד

A/N
CAST
PROLOGUE
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
A/N
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 41
chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Ashes of Lie Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapters 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
New Book Alert
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Bed Of Nails
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Bed Of Nails.
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107&108
Chapter 109&110

Chapter 40

4.8K 288 43
נכתב על ידי Bluedragon95

***Update for you guys don't forget to follow me. Please read my thoughts down. Suggestions are always welcomed and check-in some time there will be a Stolen Secretary update***

I know he is going to fire me. 

"Hiring you was the biggest mistake. It's my fault I trusted you with this. I should have trusted someone reliable for this task," he said in his harsh voice, making my eyes sting as I felt my eyes becoming glossy. He was yelling at me when it was not even my mistake. 

I can't take his humiliation anymore. 

If he can't tell them the truth I will tell them. I tried to open my mouth to tell him the truth but my eyes fell behind Logan who had the same expression of regret on his face as he was standing not far away from me with a lowered head. At the same time, he looked at me with guilt visible in his eyes. I know why he didn't tell them the truth. He knows this mistake will cost him his job. He is trying to save his job. William once told me he has a sick mother and he is an only child so most of his salary goes into his mother's treatment and that's made me shut my mouth. I averted my eyes from him and looked at the head chef as he kept yelling at me. Everyone was looking at me with pity in their eyes and it stings even more. I hate it when people look at me like that. I glared at him when he said those words. I know I'm wrong. I trusted the wrong person but he is continually scolding me not even giving me a proper chance to explain. I called the number he gave me but no one picked the call. 

"I told you to order those fish because they are so hard to get in the market," he said in anger while pulling his hair in frustration.  

"That's why I don't let fools like you enter my kitchen. You don't even have any seriousness towards your job. We don't come here just to pass our time. We do a serious job of satisfying people with our food," he said in his harsh voice while taking threatening steps in my direction, making me take a step back in fear as I felt his power overpowering me. 

"Do you even know who today's important clients are?" he asked in the same angry voice stopping in front of me, making me flinch at my place with his loud question. I swallowed hard and moved my head in no. 

"They are the critics who rate the hotels internationally today we're supposed to give us a rank but only because you forget to order the fish's whole menu is messed up. We can't even change the menu at short notice. It will affect our reputation.  The ranking of Villin's restaurants is going to fall. Will you take the responsibility of spoiling our name" he said in his grime voice as he again moved his hand in his hair in frustration. I was still looking at him with tear-filled eyes. They were on the verge of slipping from the corner of my eyes. He was taking all of his frustration on me because I had messed up everything.  I should have called Logan and reminded him. Everything was messed up. I braced my heart for the worst as I knew I had no choice. I bit my lower lip as I felt the gravity of the situation. He is the man of few words. If this mistake is making him this stressed then it must be more important to him than I think. I have never seen him this angry. Thinking about everything, my throat is clogged with guilt and fear. I tried to control my tears but they betrayed me as they slipped from the corner of my eyes. 

"Now what, you are going to cry like a baby. Man up and face the consequences of your wrongdoing," he said harshly as he saw my tear-filled eyes. His eyes became soft for a second but in a split of seconds, they turned back to the angry one. I took a jagged breath and opened my mouth. 

"I'm sorry," I said those words in my small voice while lowering my eyes as more warm tears slipped from the corner of my eyes. I had nothing to say in my defense. 

"Sorry! it won't solve our problem but you know what will," he said in the same grim tone, making my heartbeat in fear. 

"You are fi---" he was about to complete his sentence but Logan interrupted him. 

"Head chef don't fire, Sage it is not his fault. I was the one who forgot to call" he said in his guilty voice as he walked towards me and stood beside me. I put my arm on his and moved my head in no. I had already taken so much scolding. Why is he coming now? He needs a job to take care of his mother. I begged him with my eyes but he gave me a small guilty smile and then averted his eyes to look at the head chef. "What are you talking about," he asked in his confused yet mad voice as he looked from me to him. 

"Chef Oliver asked me to tell Sage he needs some herbs from the Asian market when I went to tell him he was called the person you asked her to but no one was receiving the call. I told him to hurry as the marker closes before twelve so he asked me a favor. I was supposed to call them but it slipped from my mind. I was the one who was responsible for messing up the menu. You should fire me, not Sage because he does every task with lots of love towards his profession than anyone here. He is the one who always runs from one place to another to meet our needs. He is the best hard-working intern I ever saw" he said while looking at the head chef, making everyone look at him with wide eyes as he praised me. 

Everyone knew about our car dog fight and he still chooses to accept his mistake and put a good word for me. The head chef was looking at us with a clenched jaw then his eyes became fixed on me as it increased the urge of hiding behind the buildup body of Logan. His face now showed more anger as if he was pissed on a new level, not on Logan but me. 

"I have hired all fools," he said in his frustrated voice as his eyes were still fixed on me with unknown emotion as I tried to shift behind Logan still holding his arm. I don't know why but his grey eyes were passing bad jitter in my body. I lowered my eyes and bit my lower lip as I felt those eyes doing something bad to me as they roamed all over my little sobbing face. 

"Head chef please calm down. You should give both of them a chance of correcting their mistake" chef Oliver came for our rescue as he knew he would fire both of us. 

"No, they have done enough damage", the grey-eyed monster who today looked like one said while his eyes remained fixed on me. 

"Give them a last chance," he said in his persistent voice while giving us a small smile. Grey eye monster looked from us to chef Oliver then back to us as he gave chef Oliver's suggestion a thought. 

"Head chef we won't disappoint you again," Logan said in his pleading yet determined voice. He looked at us with the same thoughtful eyes. I chose to keep quiet as he was trying to drill the hole in my face with his blazing grey eyes as I was still standing very close to Logan with my hand on his arm. 

"Ok. it's your last chance, get me all the fishes on the list in two hours and if you fail then be ready to face the consequences," he said in his hard voice again passing the bad shiver to my body. Saying that he walked out from there. I let go of my breath and I took a little breath of relief. 

"Guys you need to hurry and get all the fish in time. Go and search in the old fish market. I'm sure they will have some fish from the list," chef Oliver said in his serious voice. 

"Yes, let's call and ask those people if they know some who sell those fishes and we can even go to the fish market. I think we will find one or two fishes from the list over there," I said as I let go of Logan's arm and walked in front. 

"I know some people in the fish industry. I will call them and ask," William said as he took out his cell phone. 

"I know some people too. I call them and see if we can arrange something," James said in his assuring voice, making me nod. I was so happy seeing everyone trying their bit to help us. This pumped new power in me. 

"Logan, where is the card I gave you," I asked him while looking at him. 

"I left it on your desk when I got a call from chef Olive asking me to come back to the kitchen," he said while scratching his forehead in embarrassment. 

"Here take my car," William said while throwing his keys towards us. Logan grabbed it while taking him. 

"Go take out the car I will go and bring the card," I said in my hurried voice and ran to take the card. I went to my desk and I saw it was still there. Thank God. Grabbing it I tried to run back down with the same speed but as soon as I turned my face collided with a hard wall. 

What is Logan doing here? Didn't I ask him to get the car out? 

"Logan what are--" I opened my mouth while I looked up to scold him but my eyes met with grey eyes making me shut my mouth. I took a step back and tried to move away from him without saying a word. But he slipped his hand around my waist and pulled me towards him, making me gasp at his sudden action. I put my both hands on his chest to make some distance while pushing him away from me. 

"I had decided to go easy on you by firing you but you made things complicated on your own by asking for a second chance. But do you know something? It's not my thing. I'm not a person who tolerates lies and mistakes. If you think I'm having mercy on you then you're wrong I'm preparing to make your life hell. If you mess this up you will beg me every day for me to fire you. I will make your life a living hell" he said in his calm yet spine-chilling voice as he lifted his hand and wiped the remains of tears from the corner of my eyes spreading the tingles all over my body as his eyes dropped to my lips which were trembling slightly. 

His words spread more fear in my body. If he even by mistake came to know about my identity then what. I shivered at the mere thought of it. Sage, it's not the time to think about it. It's time to save your job and rub it on a grey-eyed monster's face to show him he has messed up with the wrong person. I removed his hand from me and pushed myself away from him. I looked at him with chelating eyes as said in the same changing tone. 

"If I get all the fish you will let me enter the kitchen and acknowledge me as a new member of the chef team," I said in my challenging voice. Listening to me he gave me his cunning smile. 

"You think you can bargain," he said in a mocking tone. 

"Why are you afraid that I will win and you have to do what I said," I said in the same mocking tone, not caring that he was my boss anymore. He had hurt my ego by being so confident. I can do anything to be at this job. I had even changed my gender then getting fish was a piece of cake for me. 

"The bigger the things you ask, the bigger the punishment is. You will beg me to have mercy on you," he said with the same cunning smile on his face as if he was seeing me begging for mercy. I looked into these eyes said in my challenging tone. 

"We will see who begs in the end" 

______________________________________
A/N
Hey, guys update for you.
Let me know your thoughts in the comment section.

Read in Early access tier 1
Hate War complete book
Flames of Lie up to chapter 83
Stolen Secretary up to chapter 43

Early access tier 2
All the above books &
New book The Bride of Last Dragon.

Early access tier 3
All the above books and The Litte Bride 5 chapters every week.

For more information go on my Patreon page.

Search PatreonBlueDragon95 to find me.

****Guys I feel so confused should I continue with writing or should I put my bachelor's to use. One day I think im good with writing and next I think I should do other jobs too. I'm so confused to extend this makes me feel down😔. I just wanted to share this with you guys don't get bothered*****

I need your support guys.

Now me Bluedragon95 sign off we will meet guys at the next update. Till then have fun guys, and be safe.

Thank you.

Vote, comment, share, and don't forget to follow me, guys.

המשך קריאה

You'll Also Like

1.3M 10K 18
#Mature Content in later chapters# A sharp pull by my wrist brought me back to the wall. I hold my breath for a moment. "what the hell" I cussed. ...
3K 215 11
Betrayal. The only emotion coursing through me right now. The man I once loved...Or at least, the man I thought I loved. He's the one who did this t...
164K 8.4K 27
✧✿𝐇𝐞 𝐢𝐬 𝐚 𝐩𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐨𝐧𝐥𝐲 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐡𝐞𝐫✿✧ "WHY.DID.YOU.LET.HIM.TOUCH.YOU?" He asked in a lethal tone. His veins we...
410K 10.2K 44
"He's just a friend." I whispered my heart beating wildly in my chest,"You call yourself my fiancé when you whøre behind my back!" He shouted a vein...