Fate I

By kirariidol

In the far eastern continent laid the infamous, imperial Kou Empire. Its land stretched farther than any othe... More

I
II
III
IV
V
VI
VII
VIII
IX
X
XI
XII
XIII
XIV
XV
XVI
XVII
XVIII
XIX
XX
XXI
XXII
XXIII
XXIV
XXV
XXVI
XXVII
XXVIII
XXIX
XXX
XXXI
XXXII
XXXIII
XXXIV
XXXV
XXXVI
XXXVII
XXXVIII
XXXIX
XL
XLI
XLII
XLIII
XLIV
XLV
XLVI
XLVII
XLVIII
XLIX
L
LI
LII
LIII
LIV
LV
LVI
LVII
LVIII
LIX
LX
LXI
LXII
LXIII
LXIV
LXV
LXVI
LXVII
LXVIII
LXIX
LXX
LXXI
LXXII
LXXIII
LXXIV
LXXV
LXXVI
LXXVII
LXXVIII
LXXIX
LXXX
LXXXI
LXXXII
LXXXIII
LXXXIV
LXXXV
LXXXVI
LXXXVII
LXXXVIII
LXXXIX
XC
XCI
XCII
XCIII
XCIV
XCV
XCVI
XCVII
XCVIII
XCIX
C
CI
CII
CIII
CIV
CV
CVI
CVII
CVIII
CIX
CX
CXI
CXII
CXIII
CXIV
CXV
CXVI
CXVII
CXVIII
CXIX
CXX
CXXI
CXXII
CXXIII
CXXIV
CXXV
CXXVI
CXXVII
CXXVIII
CXXIX
CXXX
CXXXI
CXXXII
CXXXIII
CXXXIV
CXXXV
CXXXVI
CXXXVII
CXXXVIII
CXXXIX
CXL
CXLI
CXLII
CXLIII
CXLIV
CXLV
CXLVI
CXLVII
CXLVIII
CXLIX
CL
CLI
CLII
CLIII
CLIV
CLV
CLVI
CLVII
CLVIII
CLIX
CLX
CLXI
CLXII
CLXIII
CLXIV
CLXV
CLXVI
CLXVII
CLXVIII
CLXIX
CLXX
CLXXI
CLXXII
CLXXIII
CLXXIV
CLXXV
CLXXVI
CLXXVII
CLXXVIII
CLXXIX
CLXXX
CLXXXI
CLXXXII
CLXXXIII
CLXXXIV
CLXXXV
CLXXXVI
CLXXXVII
CLXXXVIII
CLXXXIX
CXC
CXCI
CXCIII
CXCIV
CXCV
CXCVI
CXCVII
CXCVIII
CXCIX
CC

CXCII

183 10 0
By kirariidol

After the long, dreary winter months where much of the time was spent indoors, spring soon arrived. The pure white snow which had blanketed the kingdom slowly melted away, giving way to the rising buds of the many flowers and greens that Sindria was known to be picturesque for. Even Yggdrasil was beginning to sprout its buds as the leaves of the tree grew even fuller than before. Being a divine tree that fed off the magoi around it, the peace and protection that it gave off filled the hearts of the people as they prepared for yet another bountiful, prosperous year. But, even then, it could not stop the faint negativity which ate at the corners of their heart on behalf of their Queen. For spring meant the approaching of summer and the arrival of the Royal Concubine.

The cool, spring breeze gave a gentle billow, the curtains which hung from the gazebo of the Royal Garden giving way to the person who sat inside. Gazing out into the garden, she smiled softly in peace and content.

"Isn't it such beautiful weather today?" she asked, closing her eyes as she caressed her stomach which had grown considerably larger over the winter months. "My baby?"

As if to answer her question, she felt a slight kick, surprising her. Masrur, who stood by her side, jolted upright but, not knowing what to do, he stood awkwardly. But, seeing Lucy chuckle, he relaxed his tense shoulders and returned back to standing by her side. She had become used to the slight kicks from time to time but, even though she put up a fine facade, he could tell that it must hurt quite a considerable amount.

Even though they're normally not supposed to cause this much pain, according to Kaede, he thought with a worried glance. Is it because of her weak constitution? Not to mention, he narrowed his eyes, her belly is much larger than what a six-month pregnancy should look like.

But, since she seemed happy, he, too, erased his worries as he smiled contently on.

"Here," he reached down, placing a light blanket over her lap. "It must be getting cold."

"Thank you, Masrur," she perked up at the coziness of the blanket, thanking him.

He smiled and straightened himself as he gazed pleasantly at the garden. Though there were nothing but buds, it gave off a soothing, refreshing feel; a feeling that he quite liked for it reminded him of the forest where he would occasionally take a nap. Seeing him take interest in the garden and knowing how much he liked being surrounded by lush greens, she smiled fondly. Leaning back in her seat, she sipped the warm green tea which Tomoyo had brewed for her in satisfaction. With a white shoulderless gown with puffy short sleeves and a slightly frilled neckline, the only accessory was the royal purple peony with gold teardrop gems hanging from it that was situated at the center of her chest, pinning together the purple sash lined with gold which wrapped around her before hanging down in two columns in front of her, the ends bearing a golden, eight-pointed star. Her hair was tied into two low pigtails behind her with lilies and wings sporting from it pinned on both sides. A large, circular golden band with amethyst jewels hanging from it hovered around her head as a transparent white cloth hung from it. It draped down to the ground, covering her silhouette from view. The large golden band was an accessory that Kaede and Tomoyo had made after implementing Yamraiha's magic research as she, too, had wanted to try to create something for Lucy.

Needless to say, Lucy loved it and the others were quite satisfied with it for they could use it for whenever she went out and for formal events, too, in place of a veil which clung unnecessarily to her body.

"I hope they're born safely and soundly," she caressed her stomach, the jewels which hung from the band tinkling softly in the wind.

Masrur softened his eyes and placed a hand on her shoulder. "They will."

She glanced up at him and smiled softly, her honey-brown eyes shining with happiness. "Mn," she grinned.

He smiled. Taking a seat down next to her, the band shifted and enlarged itself, the cloth conforming to the new circumference as well as it hovered over the two and shrouded them. Resting her head on his shoulder, he took her hand and clasped it, intertwining his fingers around hers. Lucy closed her eyes, holding his hand in return, earning a warm, affectionate smile from him. The two sat there and Masrur gazed out into the distance at the garden which surrounded them, thinking to himself how nice would it be if he was the one to be by her side; if he was the one who she called "husband". Just like this, they would enjoy their days as such and though he never once thought about being King, oddly enough, he felt as if it were possible. He felt that such a scenario was indeed possible. But, that thought quickly left his mind as his train of thoughts was broken by a soft, breathing sound.

Glancing down at Lucy, he gave a hopeless, endearing smile as he found her asleep.

"I guess it was about time," he said, having taken note of the time she usually fell asleep.

Being pregnant was clearly tiring for her and though she wasn't gaunt as she had been back in the Cold Palace, she was still quite thin and the tiredness showed on her face. In the first place, she was healthy but had never been the type of person who could bear everything alone. Her body was considerably weak compared to others and it was only with the help of the rukh that she could live a normal, much stronger lifestyle. But, the child whom she was pregnant with fed off the nutrients which should've gone to her and not only that, her magoi as well. She was getting the necessary amount but, for some reason, she required much more nutrients and to Kaede who watched from afar, he was beginning to understand the whole situation.

It can't be...he narrowed his eyes. But if it is, then those two...

He looked at Masrur and Lucy who laid happily in each other's arms and his face turned grim. Masrur could never be as precious to him as Lucy was but, like the other retainers, they were all dear to him in their own way. For Masrur, he trusted him to be Lucy's guard and if it weren't for Sinbad, he would've been the candidate that he would support to be Lucy's partner. In normal circumstances, when considering the benefits and drawbacks, he would definitely choose the route that would rid of any obstacles to Lucy's happiness but, he couldn't bear to see them unhappy — especially not Lucy. If she were to find out what he would do, she would never meet him again. She would let him keep his position but, she would refuse to see him or even be in his presence. To see him look at him with fear like all the other generations before her, he couldn't bear it.

So, he was going to let the turn of events take its course.

I'm sure Lucy would want that as well if I told her, he said, understanding her better than anyone else. But, when the time comes, I can only watch on. For, his violet-blue eyes darkened, this is the consequence of his own action. Sinbad, this is the price you have to pay for robbing her of her freedom.

Quietly watching the two, he glanced down at the ground before turning away, returning back to the Celestial Archive. The two truly did suit each other; far more than he ever could. But, that was fine. For the only wish he had was for her to be happy. A wish that would never change even with the passing years.

If Sinbad once again becomes blinded by his emotions, then, Kaede closed the door to the Celestial Archive, settling himself down and reigning in his heightened emotions, I will take her away. Far away.

Underneath the warm, spring sunlight, the two sat there in peaceful silence, enjoying the weather as they rested in each other's presence. Their very presence comforted the other and the two couldn't wish for a better companion. Had Sinbad been here, he would've surely grown jealous but, with the coming events, he was preoccupied with kingdom affairs, and even more so, he had no face to come to visit Lucy. Every time he did, he was reminded of the fact that he didn't keep his promise to her. He had promised that she would be the only one in his Royal Harem but, in the end, he caused her to make a decision that she should've never had to make. She should've never had to give up her own happiness for the sake of peace between the two nations. He should've been stronger.

So, when he watched as she laid in Masrur's embrace, he was frustrated but, at the same time, he watched bitterly on, unable to approach the young woman that had endured so much and had sacrificed herself for him.

"Ren Kouen," his amber eyes glowed with anger and utter disdain. "I'll never forgive you."

He balled his hands into fists and gritted his teeth.

"So don't expect me to treat your younger sister with any respect or dignity that she used to be treated with as an Imperial Princess," he said, his eyes dark.

He had no intention of taking Kougyoku in as a Royal Concubine. Especially not as his woman. Lucy was the only one he saw and held in his heart. There was no one else but her. No one could even compare to her.

"Only Lucy will ever be my Queen."

He watched quietly on at the two of them before softening his eyes in longing and sorrow. He had no one to blame for this turn of events but himself. He was the one who had brought the two together to their current relationship and the one who allowed them to express their affection for the other. He was prepared to face this situation when he made his decision to chain her down that day. At least, he should've been. His heart tightened up in pain as he watched the two smile peacefully as they sat there, content. Yet, remembering that she could no longer leave him, he felt at ease. Furrowing his brows, he clenched his fist and buried his fingers into his face.

I hate this side of me, he said through gritted teeth.

Unable to watch any longer and unable to withstand the guilt, he turned to leave, content with having seen her from afar. But, just as he was about to, Lucy perked up and turned her head in his direction.

"Sinbad...?"

Sinbad widened his eyes and stopped in his tracks.

He turned around and further widened his eyes as he saw the expression she wore. Her honey-brown eyes lit up like the brightest jewels and she wore a bright, elated grin that no treasure could ever compare to. Her expression lit up like the radiant sun as she stood up and made her way over to him. Despite her heavy, pregnant state, she tried as best as she could to rush over to him and he, pained at her slightest, troubled movement, unconsciously rushed over to her. He held his arms out to her and with a voice reminiscent of spring bells, she smiled brightly up at him, her eyes reflecting no one but him in its gaze.

"Sinbad!"

His chest heaved with emotion as he felt the onslaught of tears but, quickly held them back for the last thing he wanted was to show her his weak side. Moreover, the one who should be crying was her for she was the one who was in most pain during these past several months. Feeling the warmth of her hand and seeing the affection in her eyes, his heart pounded rapidly inside of his chest. Unable to help but wear a smile, he flashed a bright, affectionate smile at her, his amber eyes gazing fondly down at the girl whom he treasured and held dear more than anything else in the world; even more than his own ambitions.

Reaching up a hand, he caressed her cheek. She closed her eyes, placing her hand over his and snuggling into the palm of his hand. He softened his eyes, knowing that he would never love someone as much as he did her.

Pulling her into his arms, he furrowed his brows and closed his eyes, his heart pounding only for her.

Lucy blinked her eyes in question, taken by surprise. "Sinbad?"

"I'm sorry," he held her firmly in his embrace, his hand at the back of her head as his fingers ran through her silky golden locks. "For not keeping my promise."

She widened her eyes slightly but pulled her lips into a gentle smile as she softened her eyes. Laying her head against his chest, he settled in his embrace, the golden band tilted at an angle above her as the curtain-like veil which hung from it flowed behind her.

"Are you still worried about Kougyoku entering the Royal Harem?"

"You know well of what I think of her," Sinbad narrowed his eyes in disdain. "Whether you trust her or not, I had no intention of letting a woman other than you enter my Harem and I still maintain that stance. It may be a trivial matter to you but," he furrowed his brows in frustration, "it's not for me."

"When did I ever say it's a trivial matter?"

Sinbad gazed down at her and widened his eyes as he saw her looking straight back up at him with those clear, honey-brown eyes that shone with a tint of gold. They felt as if they looked right through his soul. But, more than that, though she gazed up at him with a blank expression and resolute eyes, he noticed the hurt in them.

"No matter how tolerant I am and kind people say I am, no woman would want to share their husband with another man," she said, reaching her hands up to caress his cheeks. "Even if it's a person who I had once treasured dearly as my younger sister."

He widened his eyes.

She smiled sorrowfully and released her hands, letting them fall back to her side. "So, you need not apologize to me. Since," she smiled, "this was a decision I made while aware of the consequences. And, it was the best decision we could've made given the situation at the time."

He gritted his teeth in frustration. The last thing he wanted was to see that selfless smile of hers. He wanted her to be selfish. He wanted her to ask more of him. He wanted to shower her with all the love and affection that she wasn't given. Pulling her back into his arms, he planted his lips on hers and kissed her feverishly. Lucy widened her eyes in surprise, taken aback. Shutting her eyes, she opened her mouth, their tongues intertwining as Masrur watched on in jealousy and pain. Parting his lips from hers after a while, he shuddered as he saw Lucy's erotic, flushed face. She truly was way too adorable.

"I don't intend on ever breaking my promises to you," he said, holding her. "My heart will belong only to you. Now and forever, it will always be yours, Lucy Heartfilia."

She widened her eyes.

"So," he brushed back a lock of her hair and smiled affectionately at her, hating himself for having been so powerless at the time, "don't hold anything back."

Tears welled up in her eyes and rolled down her face. Blinking her long lashes, she stared down at the ground, not knowing why she was crying.

"I-I'm sorry," she said, trying to wipe them away but to no avail.

Sinbad wiped away her tears and smiled, his cheeks a rosy hue as he gazed warmly at the only girl he held dear to his heart. The girl who was his wife.

"Do you remember those words I said to you?" he asked. "Be watchful of Ren Kougyoku. Sometimes, being too naive is a vice. What was once a blank sheet of white paper can be easily stained black."

She lowered her eyes. "I'm aware."

He gazed down at her stomach and holding her firmly yet gently in his arms, he placed the other hand on her stomach, gently caressing it. Lucy chuckled softly, blinking back her tears as she, too, caressed the child in her stomach. But, unlike Lucy who smiled with affection, Sinbad wore a look of indifference as he gazed at his own unborn child. He still couldn't forgive it for causing Lucy pain and he doubt he would ever truly love it. But, for Lucy's sake, he would gladly use it. Turning back to Lucy, he softly kissed her head.

"I'll protect both you and the child," he promised her. "I may have been powerless but now, it's different. Only you will be the sole flower of my Harem."

Lucy gazed up at him.

"On your behalf, I will be tolerant of Ren Kougyoku but, once she enters the Royal Family, she will no longer be an Imperial Princess," he said with cold eyes and a harsh voice. "Since," he kissed her again, "I have no intention of showering anyone else with my affections other than my Queen."

Stepping back, he grinned. Lucy's face was flushed a bright, deep red and he marveled at her neverending, adorable reactions and expressions. No matter how many times he saw it, he never tired of it. Patting her head, he held her hand, escorting her back to the gazebo and towards Masrur who quietly stood there.

"If I don't go now, Ja'far will be coming here and dragging me away," he said, a bead of sweat rolling down his face as he noted the fact that his break had ended. "It's a shame."

"But, being dragged away by an angry Ja'far is far worse, right?" Lucy chuckled.

"I suppose that's true," he laughed with a pale face, already thinking back to the numerous times he got dragged back because he stayed too long.

"Then, do your best at work," she waved a hand. "I'll be waiting back at Soleil Palace."

He stared at her.

She tilted her head. "Is there something wrong?"

"Rather than a wave," he leaned in and kissed her, surprising both Lucy and Masrur, "I think I'd much prefer this," he smirked.

With a proud, satisfied face as pink rukh fluttered around him, he gave one last kiss before turning around to leave, all the while looking at Lucy without ever turning his back to her. Lucy watched him go, placing her fingers over her lips and blushing a furious red as she sat down on the gazebo bench. Masrur held her steady, preventing her from injuring herself. Pursing his lips, he gazed at her lips in envy but, held back his emotions.

But, as embarrassed as she was, she didn't hate it. Gazing at the ground, she wore a soft, affectionate smile. Masrur widened his eyes upon seeing it and gulped. He hated that Sinbad was the one who brought out that expression but, he couldn't deny how absolutely adorable and endearing she was — just like a cute, little bunny.

The two remained there in silence, each one caught up in their own thoughts as flowers blossomed around them.

Having calmed down, the two turned to each other. "Shall we head back?"

They blinked their eyes before the two stifled a burst of laughter, chuckling. The two gazed fondly at each other, their eyes holding no one but the other.

"Then, shall we return, Lucy?" Masrur held out a hand.

"Yes," she placed her hand in his.

The two walked back to Soleil Palace, enjoying the budding spring blossoms one last time for it would be another three months before she would be able to enjoy this cool, spring day. By then, she hoped that she could enjoy it not by herself with only Masrur by her side but also, her child.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

65.1K 2K 33
Now at the age of eighteen, Elisha is given a job by Makarov himself. Master Bob has requested help in finding out more about a mysterious tower that...
159K 5.2K 25
Lucy was only nine years old when she slaughtered not only her nightmarish parents, but incidentally her entire village in a blood thirsty rampage. O...
1.1K 42 27
"She was once Innocent until she was thrown into a pit. Stolen from her homeland" - Ugo Guardian Of The Sacred Palace Working to your hands bl...
7.2K 426 46
This is the continuation of Fate I and will start with Chapter CCI. In the far eastern continent laid the infamous, imperial Kou Empire. Its land str...