Transmigration as an Unknown...

By saikkuro

I, Miyazaki Daichi was transported inside my sister's favorite otome game as an unknown character. And that s... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Announcement!!!
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10.1
Chapter 10.2
Chapter 10.3
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Art Dump (not an update)
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Thank You
Story
Announcement!!!

Chapter 27

1.7K 77 20
By saikkuro

Royse walked alongside Amy.

"You know, I noticed that your hair's been getting longer." She comments.

Upon hearing her words, the redhead fiddles with a strand of his locks.

"Yeah. My hair grows fairly quick so I often trim it, but recently I forgot about it." He explains.

Only now did he realize that his hair was reaching his shoulder.

He sighs. "I should head to the salon soon." Although his mother would probably tell him to grow it out seeing how she gushed at the thought of him having longer hair.

He lets go of the strand. "What about you? Any plans in growing it out?"

Amy shrugs. "I prefer my hair short. Having it long would just hinder me."

"Understandable. You've finally decided to try out for the knights right?" He asks.

"Yeah."

It was a surprise to everyone when Amy declared her decision.

After the past school years of Milivoj persuading Amy, she finally accepted. No one knows why she changed but Royse suspected that it had something to do with Milivoj.

When Royse asked Amy regarding it, he was surprised by what he heard.

"He's a meathead but I admit that he's good in reading other peoples' feelings from time to time."

Amy didn't elaborate anything further but it confirmed his suspicion that Milivoj was probably aware of Amy's sudden depressed mood. The older male probably comforted her as well, causing the lady to change.

Royse smiles at the thought.

It seems the two of them were finally speaking with each other properly. Royse was sure that Amy will tell Milivoj the things he wanted to know. Probably not now, but in the near future.

Returning his attention to his friend, Royse spoke. "I'm sure the kingdom is in for a surprise when the 3 of you becomes a knight."

Amy grins. "Oh they better be. I'll be rising up the ranks in no time." She proudly declared.

They soon neared Amy's classroom and was surprised to see the cast standing by the entrance.

"Why is everyone gathered?" Amy asks.

They were even more surprised to see the cast sporting the same expression. Sensing the atmosphere, Royse and Amy knew something was wrong.

After seeing Rohesia's expression, they became alarmed.

His sister was pale as horror painted her expression. Her hands trembled as her gaze solely focused on the ground.

Both Amy and Royse rushes towards her.

"What's wrong?" Amy asks.

"Sis, did something happen?"

A hand patted Royse's shoulder. He turns his head towards the owner and saw William looking at him with a frown.

"It's best if we are to explain while we go."

Just like that, everyone starts walking down the hall. Both Amy and Royse was confused. It was clear that they'll be leaving the academy, but where were they going?

A few of their questions were answered when Royse and Amy suddenly had a headache.

Sweat trickled down their forehead as they recognized the feeling.

The two of them looked at one another and nodded.

Something was happening.

It didn't take long for them to arrive in the carriage area.

2 vehicles were prepared. Carl and Milivoj entered the first carriage while the rest entered the second.

They started to move. Amy and Royse waited for the twin princes' to explain the situation.

"I'm sure you noticed Catherine's absence." William starts.

The both of them frowned.

Royse nods. "Yes. It has been a week since Catherine onee-sama was last seen. It seems this is regarding her health."

Henry pursed his lips. "Not only the lady Catherine but the whole Emor household."

Amy and Royse blinked in surprise and frowned. They noticed Rohesia stiffening and trembling even further.

"The household contacted a sort of virus."

"Virus?"

William nods. "There were some odd symptoms that the people in the household exhibited. It was minor at first but yesterday, it suddenly worsened."

Henry continues. "Only now did we receive the letter regarding the current state of the Emor."

Royse was deep in thought.

It would explain why Catherine had been coughing last week. She looked fine and her symptoms were only similar to that of the flu, so no one would have guessed that it meant something more.

He turns towards Amy. "Do you think you can heal them?" He asks.

Rohesia faces Amy. With trembling lips, she spoke. "Amy-san, please save Catherine-sama..." She softly pleaded.

The ombre-haired girl frowned. Patting her shoulder, Amy sadly smiles. "Of course. I'll be sure to, promise..."

Rohesia finally smiles and nods.

With a tense atmosphere, the whole ride to the Emor household was silent.

When they arrived, they immediately sensed the solemn state. The guard outside the door looked pale and was evident that he had difficulties in maintaining his standing.

"Amy." William ordered.

"On it."

The lady starts casting her skill. Gold particles floated around her and suddenly flew towards the guard.

The light engulfed the man.

When it dissipated, the man was no longer pale and looked healthy.

He bows. "Thank you!! Thank you very much!!" Continuous chants of thank you's escaped the guard's mouth.

"How are the rest?" Henry asks.

With a frown, the guard replies. "I'm afraid they are in a worse condition. I am the least affected that is why I am stationed here to wait for his highnesses and the lady Amy."

The group nods.

"We'll need to enter. Amy, do you know any spells to cover us?" Milivoj asks.

"Of course. I'm not allowing any of us to get infected." She states before chanting another of her skills.

A magic circle appeared in each of their feet. Their body glowed as they feel the skill covering their body. It reminded them of a weightless cloth, protecting them from any contact.

"That should last a while." Amy explains.

Prepared, the cast finally steps foot inside the mansion. Walking in the hall, the echoes of coughs and sniffs resonated. There were some screams, causing Rohesia to flinch.

Royse walked on Amy's side. "You ok?" He whispers.

"Yeah. Even if the headache isn't that painful, I've already buffed myself to stop the effects. You should also be prepared."

"I know, I've also done the same. If you need assistance just say the word."

Seeing they memorized the mansion's layout, it wasn't hard for them to arrive in Catherine's room.

When they entered, Rohesia was struck in horror as she took in the appearance of Catherine.

There on the bed laid a pale figure. Her blond hair was dull and her lips were dry. The bags under her eyes can be seen from the lack of peaceful rest. Her cheekbone was prominent as it was evident that she lost weight.

And most of all, the purple rashes across her neck.

Rohesia rushes towards the bed and kneels. Tears escaped her eyes as she grasped the blond's hand.

"Catherine-sama!!" She shouts.

She hurriedly turns towards Amy. "Amy-san, please!!"

That was all it took for the ombre-haired girl to rush towards the bed and chant her skill.

The whole bed was engulfed by a magic circle. It glowed within the vicinity and emitted gold particles. It danced around before flying towards Catherine's body.

It was a sight to see the figure regaining her former healthy look. It seemed as if her appearance a while ago was just an illusion.

After a minute or two, the light slowly disappeared.

Slowly, the blond's eyes opened.

Rohesia hugged the figure and cried.

"I'm glad!!!"

Her cries echoed in the room. Everyone exhaled in relief after seeing the successful healing.

Catherine glances to the side and noticed everyone. With her returned strength, she rubs Rohesia's back assuringly.

"I'm sorry for worrying you."

The redhead trembled as she tightened her hold.

"Please, Amy-san, save my people..." Catherine spoke with a sad expression.

With a determined gaze, Amy nods.

"I will."

Catherine smiles as she finally closes her eyes, returning from her rest.

Rohesia lets go of her hold and faces the cast. William turns towards the rest.

"Let's first heal Mr and Mrs Emor. I will speak to them regarding some questions. Everyone will head to the maids' wards. When Amy is done, Carl and Henry will interrogate a few of the maids that can speak. Rohesia, you will order the maids that are capable of moving to assist the rest. Milivoj, make sure to lead the Emor family's knights when they recover and ask them questions as well. Royse will prepare some dishes for everyone but if there's any problem, also head to Royse, he'll be able to help." William ordered.

With that, they head towards the head of the family's room.

It didn't take long for Amy to chant her skill and heal the couple. Cedric Emor was the only one to wake up and was relieved to see everyone.

"If you are able to, I will need to ask you some questions." William states.

Cedric nods and switched to his serious expression. "Yes. I will be more than glad to answer, your highness."

They continued with the plan.

They headed towards the maid's ward and entered the first room. Each room consisted of 2 occupants.

Amy used her skill and heals the maids. After that, Rohesia would assist the maids and would ask if they were feeling better.

Carl would interrogate alongside Milivoj while Amy and Royse headed towards the next room.

"If only I can use my full capacity." Amy hissed as she looks at the number of rooms she needed to enter. She ruffles her hair in annoyance. "There's also the butler's ward and the knights base."

The redhead frowned. "Our skill register only states that we're 6th level. Any skill we use above that will arose suspicions."

Amy clicked her tongue. "I know that!" She gritted her teeth while stomping over towards the next room.

Royse sighed.

Indeed. As much as they wanted to use a large space healing spell, it would put Amy in suspicion with why she was hiding her real level.

After finishing the second room, Amy headed to the next while Royse stayed. He assists the maid to sit.

"Do you think you're able to move?" He asks.

The lady nods. "Yeah, I think I'm ok now."

"Good, I will need you to assist me in preparing a meal for everyone." Royse turns towards the other tenant who was also now awake and sitting. "My sister will arrive and order the others as well. Those that are capable, please assist the other recovered patients who show signs of difficulties, the other rest, head to the kitchen."

Royse exited the room and made his way to the kitchen to prepare a meal for everyone.

He removes his cravat and vest and hid them inside his item box. He also took a hair tie before closing it and tied his hair.

Rolling his sleeves, he finally starts cooking.

Soon, the Emor household became busy with workers recovering from the illness. The kitchen that only had Royse was shortly filled with maids assisting.

Each healed worker who was ordered to assist was cloaked with Amy's protective spell so they wouldn't catch the virus again.

Knights also started to patrol and some helped in carrying any luggage that consisted of ingredients, medicines, and recovery potions.

Rohesia also helped in changing the bedsheets and providing water for the maids to use in cleaning.

Henry and Carl were busy asking questions to the workers and inspecting for any items that could help with their investigation.

Milivoj, not only was he asking the knights but he also checked for any suspicious figure that used this as a chance to trespass on the Emor mansion.

With how busy everyone was, night dawned upon them without knowing.

Amy sighed, exhausted from the continuous chant of her skill. Don't get her wrong, she has a heck ton of mana, but with the number of people infected and with how strong the virus was, Amy needed to control the potency of her skill.

Which was, by the way, the hardest part. With each of her chants, she needed to have complete control over her skill.

It's not the mana that became a problem. Although the effect of depletion caused by the headache, aka the 'plot diversion' as Royse called it made it harder, it didn't really pose much of a challenge to her.

It was the control that made everything so difficult.

She highered the effect of her skill depending on the patients' condition. If she had used her skill to everyone with the same high potency, then she would've become suspicious. She even had to fake drink the mana potions that people provided so that they'd think she had a lower mana pool.

But she had to do it this way.

One worker showed fewer symptoms? Lower the effect. One worker showed a major symptom? Higher the effect.

Even if Amy wanted to be fair to them all and have them good to go, she had to use her skill this way for her own good.

That was the reason why some workers were still unconscious even though the virus was gone. Those with major symptoms were fully healed due to the higher effect of healing, while those with lesser symptoms were still resting.

Considering they had fewer symptoms meant that they had a stronger immune system. Amy knew they didn't need to rely on her skill. Those people themselves could recover naturally.

Another sigh escapes her lips.

If she had used a large space healing skill, it would have been easier since she'd only need to charge up before unleashing it. It would affect everyone in the mansion and would've made the job easier for her.

A bowl of soup entered her vision causing her to look up and see Royse looking at him with a sympathetic smile.

"You've worked hard."

His friend accepted the bowl and tiredly nods. "Yeah." She brings the bowl over her mouth and drank the broth.

Screw manners! She's too tired to even care about it.

Royse chuckles as he took his seat beside his friend. He also scoops the broth and sipped it. He hums, satisfied at the taste.

Though he probably should've added a bit more salt.

The two currently sat in the dining area. They could hear other people working, already done with their dinner. Voices were speaking, asking where to put this item, which room needed more potions and more hectic duties that they were doing.

The two of them were the only ones left to take a break. They would've forgotten to eat if it weren't for the cast reminding them of the time.

Amy and Royse sighed at the same time.

"Has your headache subsided?" Royse asks.

"Yeah. We've successfully stopped another issue." She comments before taking a huge scoop of the tender meat and eating it.

Royse frowned. "It means a virus appearing in the Emor household wasn't supposed to happen."

"No shit Sherlock."

The redhead sighed from her words. "At least show some concern."

Amy looks at her friend with an annoyed look. "I would if I weren't so tired." She refuted. "Plus, this incident will be investigated by his highnesses. It will be out of our place to meddle with."

"You're not wrong..."

The dining area's door burst open and revealed Carl. The brunette strode towards them.

"Royse, you have a 5th level appraisal, am I correct?" He asks.

The redhead nods. "Yeah."

"Then were you able to appraise the patients?" He asks.

Royse nods. That was the first thing he did when he saw the guard when they arrived.

"Sadly, I was unable to identify the virus."

He frowned. Considering the real level of his appraisal was 9, it was odd that he was unable to distinguish what virus it was.

Unless it was a new virus that someone created.

Carl nods in understanding. "I see." He then turns towards Amy. "The king will probably ask for our presence in the castle."

"It seems we'll need to keep this incident to ourselves." Amy comments before drinking the last remaining broth.

"Yes. Who knows what will happen when news scatter that a new illness was spread. What more, here in the Emor household."

"Will the virus be investigated?" Royse asks.

"I believe it will. The royal pharmacologist will inform us of any news."

In the following days, the Emor household was finally able to fully recover from the outbreak.

Catherine was able to attend school again, making everyone celebrate her recovery.

Amy was called by the king and asked for her support in healing if there were to be another outbreak.

In the academy, it seemed as if nothing had happened.

But within the royal administration, it was chaos.

The princes' had been excused for the past days to handle the investigations. Royse knew how difficult it must be for them, especially with the incident becoming a priority among their workload.

Carl was also doing his own investigation alongside Milivoj who acted as his guard.

Rohesia spent more time with Catherine and became even more protective than ever. Royse had sympathized with the blond when Catherine commented how she finally understood Royse's position.

Royse decided to leave everything to everyone.

Until Carl spoke of his findings.

The pink-eyed male tossed a bunch of papers over Royse's desk.

"There, since your butler's not here and is busy with his other line of job, there shouldn't be any problem to discuss this. I've gathered every piece of information I could find." Carl announced.

The redhead took the papers and read their content. He frowned as he recognized the reports.

Seeing his expression, Carl crossed his arms. "Knowing how you're familiar with alchemy, I'm sure you'd find it familiar."

Royse placed the paper down and tapped it. "Your findings are accurate. There's no doubt that the underground group are the ones responsible for the spread of the virus." Royse places his index finger over his chin as he glances to his side. "But why target the Emor?"

Carl shrugs. "We're not certain but it makes sense for the underground group to target the Emor household if they want to create a commotion."

Royse huffed. "For what then? What is their agenda?"

He pursed his lips.

Because Royse had a history with the underground group, it's not weird to consider the chances of the group creating another huge incident.

"Even if the princes' told me not to show these to you, you deserve to know." Carl states.

The redhead blinked in surprise.

"Aren't you scared to be scolded once they found out?"

Carl huffed. "Why would I. I'm actually more curious as to why the twins were so afraid to show these papers to you." Carl asked with a glint in his eyes.

The redhead felt his palms sweat. "I'm sure you're aware that the both of them favours me."

Carl chuckled. "Of course, it's a known fact that the young Frostenden is a candidate, it would make sense that they want to keep you out of it, but-"

Carl walked towards his desk and frowned.

"It seems as if they were scared that you'd do something once you get a hold of these papers."

The two held a heated gaze, refusing to back down.

It was evident that Carl was pestering him for answers.

Royse knew the older male and his personality. Even if he lies the brunette will know.

He had to be careful with his answer.

"Perhaps it's because they know something that you don't."

Carl blinked in surprise from his response.

The redhead smiles.

If there's anything that Royse noticed, it would be the fact that the princes' were probably aware of his other identity.

He refused to believe the thought before but back in the cafeteria at the start of the school year and just recently when William ordered them back in the Emor household, Royse had a strong feeling that he was exposed.

If that's the case, then he's grateful that the twins kept it a secret from the rest.

But Royse had a feeling that Carl will soon connect the dots.

The brunette wasn't satisfied with the answer he heard but nonetheless gave up. He crosses his arms and huffed. "You just made me even more curious."

The brunette turns his back as he started walking towards the exit. "I already gave you my contribution. Feel free to use it however you like." Carl waved his hand before he opened the door and left the room.

The redhead sighed.

It seems he'll need to get involved.

-----------------

It was currently 7 in the evening.

The Frostenden household finally turned off the lights. All members slept as the workers starts finishing their tasks, hoping to sleep early.

Everyone let their guard down and relaxed, knowing it was another night for them to rest.

All except one.

Royse had sensed something when he finished his bath. He gazed at his window, focusing on the outskirts of town. Somehow, something seemed to have unleashed in that direction.

No longer delaying, Royse summoned his clone. Black particles formed a shape before fully completing its morphing. There stood in front of him was a copy of himself dressed in his nightwear.

The redhead soon stripped and changed his clothes into a fitted sleeveless turtleneck that was tucked in black cargo pants. He wore black combat boots and wore gloves. He changes his weapon's disguise into a bracelet and finished off his looks with a black plain mask that covered his upper face.

He takes a colour changing potion and drank it before teleporting somewhere else.

Royse appears outside the town, near the orphanage. He takes an item from his item box and triggered his skill.

Finally, the mana tracing gadget was activated. A part of him regretted that he had to use the object earlier than he expected.

With how difficult to find the gadget and how expensive it was, he had planned on using it in an emergency. He knew how important the item was and told himself to only use it when needed.

A sigh escapes his lips.

He'll just need to search for another merchant who sold this. It also irritated him that it was a one time use only.

He takes a paper from his box and shreds it before putting it inside the gadget.

When the object emitted a blue light, a blue particle appeared and floated in a direction.

Royse gazed at the path.

"So that way."

Applying a speed buff and invisibility, he runs towards the direction, following after the blue particle.

The scene became a blur as his sole focus was to arrive at his destination immediately. He was no longer in the vast plain and instead was inside the forest he frequented.

Creatures who were minding their business were surprised when a strong gust of wind went past them.

He was thankful that he didn't stumble upon any monsters, though he had to admit it was weird considering how most would be awake in the evening to hunt.

When the blue particle stopped in a certain tree, Royse skidded to a halt.

He examines the tree. Placing his palm over the trunk, he tries to find for any secret switch. His hands became busy as he focused on his task.

He clicked his tongue, wondering if the gadget made a mistake when he suddenly noticed a weird looking branch that stood out from its position.

Following his gut feeling, he pulls the branch and a loud creaking noise can be suddenly heard. The lower part of the trunk split open, giving him entry.

Royse turns off the gadget and prepared himself.

After taking a deep breath, he finally enters and climbed down the ladder.

He triggers his map skill and saw no threats appear.

With his night vision, he easily saw the ground and jumped off the ladder when he was a few meters away from it.

He sees a metal door and strode towards it.

Pushing it open, he was surprised to see many documents glued on the concrete wall. Crates filled the place while barrels were tossed on the ground.

Everything was a mess. Chairs were toppled over. It seemed as if people were in a rush and left the place in a hurry.

Royse examined the area and checked the crates for their content.

Weapon filled it causing him to frown. He closes it before checking the barrels and sniffing it. He transforms his accessory into a dagger and pried the barrel open.

Inside it was gunpowders. He looks at every item inside the room.

With an idea popping in his mind, he opens his item box. Royse hoisted the barrel and dumped the gunpowder inside his item box. Finally empty, he closes it before heading off to the rest of the barrels.

Not only did he empty those but he also emptied the crates.

It took a while for him to finish but he was satisfied by what he did. Next was the papers on the wall.

It was simply about records and invoices that the group had. Every deal and history they had with the black market were all plastered on the wall.

"These guys are somehow reckless with their documents." He comments. Sure these guys were ruffians but he had expected for them to be careful when it came to these.

He sighs.

As he walked around the area he stumbles upon a paper that caught his attention. It was a black paper with red markings. What was even weirder was how a dagger pinned the paper on the wall, unlike the rest.

He walked towards it and removed the dagger. He grabs the paper and reads its content.

"The client is absolute. Follow my orders as per our agreement. See to it that you finish your duties." He whispers.

He rose a brow. Whoever sent this message probably was the sponsor of the group.

A sudden aura took his attention.

Sweat trickled down his cheeks as he felt a heavy atmosphere engulf the place.

Chill ran through his spine as he feels his hands tremble.

He turns pale as he took a laboured breath.

"What is this..." He murmurs as he clutches his chest at the pounding pain.

A part of him was in pain yet something inside him seemed to howl.

Trying to regain his senses, he nullifies the effects. It didn't take long for him to regain control over his body.

After that, Royse turns his head at the source. Whatever it was, he was sure that he needed to find the cause.

He stuffs the paper inside his pocket before marching over the opposite side and opening the wooden door. It revealed another room but this time it was empty, except for the weird glowing orb that lay on the ground.

As he walked closer, he feels the orb emitting the aura spike at his presence.

He grits his teeth as he applies another stronger buff to himself. He appraises the object and saw the letters unable to distinguish what it was.

"First the virus and now this." He grits his teeth as he strode towards the object.

He bends down and grabs it. His eyes twitched at the sudden heaviness of his hand.

From one glance, anyone could tell that the orb was bad news. The redhead took a deep breath and focused on keeping himself unaffected by the orb.

And just as he did, he senses a familiar presence arriving in the room.

"If it isn't our dear kitten~"

----------------------

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.7K 1K 51
Our beloved protagonist was a force of unparalleled might, a being whose power eclipsed all others that had ever graced existence. Yet, in the cruel...
234K 6.9K 57
I could say this is one cliché story. A college girl died and transmigrated into an otome game she once played. Unfortunately she becomes the villain...
1.1K 22 45
crappy isekai MC's that don't have progress, so, I call them one-shots, despite having an outline and plot that I don't want to write out. "What up...
4.6K 189 23
Jean's dream was to be able to graduate from a well known university and pursue his future career as a Professor.But what will happen when he suddenl...