Flames of a lie

By Bluedragon95

"What are you doing here," he asked in bitterness making me curl my fingers and dig my nails in my palm in fe... More

A/N
CAST
PROLOGUE
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 34
A/N
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Ashes of Lie Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapters 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
New Book Alert
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Bed Of Nails
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Bed Of Nails.
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107&108
Chapter 109&110

Chapter 33

4.4K 278 34
By Bluedragon95

***Sorry for the late update I have been busy for a few days and I will update the Stolen Secretary ***

Here I was going to be the third wheel again.

I exhaled in distress and followed them with my head held low, lost in my thoughts as I didn't want to be with them anymore but I had no other choice. I turned and looked back when I stepped down from the last step to see if someone was still standing at the door so I could bail myself out of this situation. But to my dismay, Izzy was still standing at the door and when she saw me looking at her she waved me bye with a big smile on her face. I gave her my faint smile while waving back and turned to walk towards the car with slump shoulders. I thought he would protest this idea of going together but he didn't even say a word and walked out making things difficult for me. I walked towards his car, still lost in my thoughts. When I was only a little away from the car I saw both of them sitting in front. I kept looking at them debating with myself whether I should sit or not. 

"Get in the car fast, we don't have a whole day," he said rudely as he saw me standing but not making any effort to get in the car. It made me glare at him. 

"If he didn't want to drop me he should have said it before. I would have happily called a cab. I'm not dying to be the third wheel here" I muttered in my mad voice as I heard him. I increased my pace and walked towards the front seat window. 

"You guys can leave, I will take a cab," I said, mostly looking at Grace as I didn't want to see his face anymore and go with them after seeing his rudeness. As I said those words his gaze darken on me. But I ignored him as I had been doing it for most of the day. He was still glaring at me. Hearing my words she looked at me with a frown on her beautiful face before she could say anything I turned and started to walk away from them. Not wanting to have any conversation over it. Even before I could reach five steps away from the car I heard the door of the car opening and then getting closed loudly. It made me flinch in my place at a sudden loud sound and before I could process anything my hand was grabbed in a hard grip. He turned me around to make me look at his angry face while his grey eyes glaring down at me made me look at him with little stunned eyes. 

"Get in the car nicely," he said in the same commanding tone and forcefully made me walk towards his car, opening the door and making me sit in the back seat. I wanted to argue and get out of the car but I shut my mouth as I saw Grace looking at us with confusion visible in her light hazel orbs. I was not surprised after looking at that expression on her face. I would have the same look on my face if I saw my soon-to-be husband acting like this with his male employer. His actions had made her look at us in that way but she didn't say anything and looked in front as a grey-eyed monster took his seat and started driving the car. 

Most of the time I choose to keep quiet and look out of the window as Grace keeps talking. Grace was telling him about her recent business trip and he was responding to her. That didn't even shock me but what shocked me was that he was polite unlike when he talked with me. Their conversation continued with small laughs of Grace filling the car. Grace even tried to talk with me but I just answered yes and no. From time to time I felt him looking at me from the front view mirror. It made me mockingly smile at myself and roll my eyes in annoyance. I don't know what bad deeds I did in my past life to get myself to work for him. What was making me angrier was I very clearly told him not to touch me again. But he didn't take my warning seriously and did what his arrogant self wanted. 

"It's so hot, nowadays," Grace said, pulling me out of my thoughts while looking at the beaming sun. It made me look out the window. She was right, it was getting hot and after stepping out of the air-conditioned room it felt even hotter. 

"How about we go and grab an ice cream. I'm craving it so bad" she said in her excited voice. 

"You already eat ice cream and pudding at lunch. If you eat more ice cream you will get sick," he said in his concerned voice as he looked at her and then moved his eyes back to the road. It showed how much he cared for her. It made me roll my eyes again "a double face jerk" I muttered under my breath and kept looking out of the window. 

"Did you say something?" He asked me with his clenching jaw as he looked at me from the front mirror with a pissed expression on his face. From his face, it looked like he heard what was said but I didn't give in. 

"Nothing I was talking about with myself," I said with a sweet fake smile on my face. The tension in the air increased as we kept glaring at each other. 

"Xanthus" I heard Grace calling his name as she sensed the tension in the air. It made him break eye contact and focus on the road. 

"I still want to eat. Don't worry I won't get sick from eating ice cream again?" she said sheepishly. 

"No," he said, not agreeing with her, it made her give him her puppy eyes and all that with a blank look on my face. 

"Please let's go and eat it. Sage, tell him you want to eat it too," she said while turning her head and looking at me with pleading eyes to say yes. She looked like a child as she pleaded to me and I didn't have any reason to say no. I nodded at her with a small smile, making her smile brightly at me while he looked at me from the front mirror with his grey eyes fixed on my face. It was my way of lessening the unwanted guilt I was feeling. 

"See he too wants to eat it, let's go," she said happily in her excited voice. He looked at me for a second then sighed heavily and murmured ok and started driving towards God knows where I kept silently seated in the back seat. Soon he parked the car near an ice cream parlour and we got out of the car. Grace grabbed his arm in both of her hands like couples do when they are outing. I just kept standing at the car and looking at them with a pain I felt again revoking at the base of my heart. 

"Sage, what are you waiting for? Come fast" I heard Grace calling me as they were near the entrance door of the ice cream parlour. 

"Coming," I said with distress still on my face. I followed them in and I found them standing in front of the counter where Grace was looking at the menu with happy eyes. I didn't feel like eating anything so I took a seat at an empty table waiting for them to come back while I looked out at the busy streets. 

"Here is your ice cream," Grace said as she took the seat in front of me, making me look back at her with surprised eyes. 

"I didn't know your flavour so I brought you mine," she said with a gentle smile on her face. 

"Thank you," I said while looking at the innocent ice cream with a faint smile on my face. I felt his eyes on me as he stood at the counter to pay but I ignored him and started eating ice cream while avoiding her eyes. 

"So you work at Xanthus restaurant," she asked me as I was silently eating ice cream. 

"Yes," I said, answering her in one word. 

"So do you like working there?" she asked, making me mumble a small yes again. 

"Do you like chef staff?" she asked as she took a bite of her chocolate chip ice cream. 

"Yeah I do," I said, keeping my answer short. Like this, she asked me more questions as if she was curious to know about me. 

"Do you like Xanthus?'' was her last question which made me look at her with surprised eyes as I stopped in my tracks of tacking bite. Her question caught me off guard. 

Why is she asking me that?

"As a boss. I know how bossy he can be when it comes to work" she said with a little nervous laughter on her lips. From the corner of my eyes, I saw now he was coming towards us as he was done paying. 

"So do you like him," she asked again as she too saw him coming near us. I don't know how to answer her question. I looked at her with dismay on my face as I couldn't sum up how to answer her. She kept looking at me with a persisting look on her face making the situation even worse. Is she doubting something? My throat dries up as more anxiety builds inside me as he takes a seat beside her. 

"Sage" I heard a cheerful voice calling my name and I looked at my saviour. Sophia looked like an angel to me as she stood up in front of our table with a big smile on her face. I saw a loop ring forming on her head and wings spreading on her back as she started walking towards us with a beaming smile on her face. 

"You are eating ice cream without me," she said with a glare on her face. 

"Hey what are you doing here," I said while standing up to hug her. She hugged me tightly as I embraced her. I felt a burning gaze on my back. 

"I was working nearby and I saw you from the glass wall," she said as she was still hugging me. 

"Grace head chef, meet my girlfriend Sophia," I said while turning at them with a smile on my face. Sophia looked at me with a questioning look as she heard me. 

"What is happening," she asked in her hush voice as she saw a confused Grace and an angry grey-eyed monster. 

"Just act with me," I said in my hushed voice. 

"What will I get," she asked in her hush voice with a mischievous look on her face. 

"You can have it," I said in my hushed voice while giving her my cup of ice cream and she smiled at me and looked like a starving kid. Making me move my head in amusement. I knew she would have helped me eventually.  

"Baby I missed you so much," she said lovingly while taking a big bite. This girl can change her mood in a split of seconds.  

"I missed you too," I said, kissing her cheek to make her grin. 

"Then let's go home. There you can show me how much you miss me" she said shyly while making a pattern on my upper chest. I looked at them especially at him to see his reaction. From his face, it looked like our conversation had pissed him off.  And looking at the expression I felt satisfied.  

"Of course I will," I said while pinching her cheeks. 

"Oh, you are so naughty. I can't wait anymore" when said while slapping on my shoulder playfully. 

"Grace, head chef, I will take my leave. You carry on enjoying your ice cream. I will go and enjoy mine," I said with a playful smile on my face with the last part loud for them to head. Grace nodded at us with the same confused look on her face while the grey monster glared at us as he saw Sophia clenching to me. His fist was tightly gripped and it showed he was pissed. Why is he pissed if he has a fiance then why can't I have a girlfriend. I thought with a smirk on my face. Flashing him my smirk with a last look on my face I turned to leave. I made sure to not trip and fall on my face as I felt his anger haze piercing me. I hope now he stops dominating me. I think it's the best way to keep him away from me. 

But I don't know by doing this I hibernate the beast or awoke him. 
______________________________________
A/N
Hey, guys update for you.
Let me know your thoughts in the comment section.

Read in Early access tier 1
Hate War complete book
Flames of Lie up to chapter 76
Stolen Secretary up to chapter 34

Early access tier 2
All the above books &
New book The Bride of Last Dragon.

Early access tier 3
All the above books and The Litte Bride 5 chapters every week.

For more information go on my Patreon page.

Search PatreonBlueDragon95 to find me.

I need your support guys.

Now me Bluedragon95 sign off we will meet guys at the next update. Till then have fun guys, and be safe.

Thank you.

Vote, comment, share and don't forget to follow me, guys.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

443K 10.6K 44
"He's just a friend." I whispered my heart beating wildly in my chest,"You call yourself my fiancé when you whøre behind my back!" He shouted a vein...
1.1M 49.6K 108
His cold eyes moved from my face to all over my white lace dress with a clenched jaw. I felt weak in my knees but I was successful in keeping my brav...
150K 2.9K 37
"The fuck you are leaving me." He snapped and growled at his mate. She was calm as she was ever be regardless of his snapping. She sighed and turned...
8.7K 286 20
Starr wasn't impressed by his wealth or his ego,after her ex she just wanted to be left alone in the quiet life she'd grown used to. To everyone else...