Say My Name | A Minsung Fan-F...

By sapphicstellar

25-year-old Han Jisung has been looking for his big break in the tech industry since the day he graduated wit... More

prologue
chapter one
chapter three
chapter four
chapter five
chapter six
chapter seven
chapter eight
chapter nine
chapter ten
chapter eleven
chapter twelve
chapter thirteen
chapter fourteen
chapter fifteen
chapter sixteen
chapter seventeen
chapter eighteen
chapter nineteen
chapter twenty
chapter twenty-one
chapter twenty-two
chapter twenty-three
chapter twenty-four
chapter twenty-five
chapter twenty-six
chapter twenty-seven
chapter twenty-eight
chapter twenty-nine
chapter thirty
chapter thirty-one
chapter thirty-two
chapter thirty-three
chapter thirty-four
chapter thirty-five
chapter thirty-six
chapter thirty-seven
chapter thirty-eight
chapter thirty-nine
chapter forty
chapter forty-one
chapter forty-two
chapter forty-three
chapter forty-four
chapter forty-five
chapter forty-six
chapter forty-seven
chapter forty-eight
chapter forty-nine
chapter fifty
chapter fifty-one
chapter fifty-two
chapter fifty-three
chapter fifty-four
chapter fifty-five
chapter fifty-six
chapter fifty-seven
chapter fifty-eight
chapter fifty-nine
chapter sixty
the end
second book!

chapter two

8.7K 393 658
By sapphicstellar

"You will not believe what I'm doing right now," I said, readjusting my bag over my shoulder as I walked.

"It's barely 9am, why are you calling me so early?" Felix groaned.

"You didn't call me back yesterday like I asked you to," I said, entering the revolving front doors of Anaïs with my phone pressed between my tilted head and my shoulder. "I would've told you then."

"Yeah, sorry about that, I was at my Mom's house all day and she hates when I'm on my phone," Felix sighed. "And before you say anything, yes, I know I'm a grown ass man."

I laughed and grabbed my phone to hold to my ear, "Someone's a momma's boy."

"Well, you know what Freud says," Felix joked.

"That's so gross," I laughed. I approached the elevators and waited for one to open impatiently. "Ugh, none of these elevators are opening, I'm annoyed."

"Wait, where are you?" Felix asked.

"Oh, that's what I was going to tell you yesterday," I said. "I got the job and today's my first day."

"You got the job?" Felix asked me excitedly. "I'm so happy for you!"

"Thank you!" I exclaimed. "I still haven't fully processed it."

"So, wait, he just hired you on the spot? Just like that?" Felix asked me confusedly. "Wasn't the spot super competitive?"

"Yeah, it was. I heard rumors that he had hundreds of thousands of applicants but I'm not sure how accurate that is," I said. As soon as the third elevator opened, I sighed in relief. "One of the elevators just opened, thank God."

"I highly doubt that's a rumor, that just sounds accurate," Felix chuckled. "Anaïs is huge."

"Well, it is the second-biggest social media site out there right now," I said. As soon as the elevator was cleared, I stepped inside and took a deep breath. "Dude, I'm nervous."

"Don't be nervous, you got the job already. It's only up from here," Felix said. "I need to go back to sleep but after work, do you want to get drinks?"

"Yeah, duh," I laughed. "Do you mind if I invite a few new work friends? I met them yesterday and they're really nice, I think you'd vibe well with them, too. Ooo, and invite Hyunjin and Jeongin too. They know how to party."

"Sounds like a plan, bye Squirrely," Felix said before kissing his phone microphone and hanging up.

I leaned against the wall of the elevator as I ascended, staring up at the mirrored ceiling. When I reached the twenty-fifth floor, I stepped out of the elevator and headed in the direction that Seungmin had shown me yesterday.

As soon as I made it to Mr. Lee's office, I took a deep breath and knocked on the door, "Hey, it's me."

"Come in!" Mr. Lee called out to me.

I opened the door slowly and waved at him politely when he looked up at me, "Do you want me to shut this?"

"You clean up nicely," Mr. Lee said, chuckling sardonically. "Come, let's chat."

I walked over to the seat he still had placed in front of his desk and sat down apprehensively, "Hi, how are you?"

"Oh, I'm fine," Mr. Lee said, shutting the binder he had open on his desk. "How was the ride here? I hope you know that was just for today, I'll be giving you a company car to work with and use on your own personal time. That last part is just between you and I, though. I feel bad about calling you an asshole when you were just rushing to get to my interview."

I grinned at him sheepishly, "Are you sure? I'm sure I can take my car into the sh-,"

Mr. Lee cut me off, "That car of yours? It's a hunk of junk and I think you know that too considering how you tried to restart your car right after you hit me and then it didn't even budge. I saw that, by the way. Just consider this a favor, you'll owe me one."

"Yeah, that was a total lie on my part," I said bluntly, causing Mr. Lee to crack a half-hearted smile. "Did I just get the Minho Lee to smile? I guess the rumors aren't true."

This only made him smile more which, of course, made me smile more too, "Oh, and what rumors have you heard, Han?"

"Let me just check my notes here," I said, pretending to pull something out of my bag to go along with my joke. Mr. Lee laughed at this and I couldn't help but blush.

And a laugh?

Interesting.

"I know what people say. I run a tight ship around here, what can I say?" Mr. Lee shrugged. "Do you have any questions after hearing what you've heard? I'll gladly ease any concerns you may have if that is the case."

"I wouldn't have applied for this job I'd I didn't think it fit my skill set," I said to him. "I've always been one of those people that knows exactly who they are. I won't do anything above my limits and I won't settle, either. I'm right where I need to be and if I ever feel like I'm not, I'll tell you that."

"That's attractiv-," Mr. Lee cut himself off, shaking his head. "Sorry, I mean that's a charming quality to have. I mixed up my words."

"Am I making you nervous?" I teased him jokingly. "I'm just kidding. Sorry."

Mr. Lee smirked at me, "I'm going to introduce you to a personal friend and fellow coworker of yours that'll be training you for the next few hours or so, maybe less, maybe more. Given your alma mater, though, I'm sure you'll get the hang of it quicker than that." I nodded my head and headed for the door, opening it for him as he walked out.

Mr. Lee walked confidently with one hand in his pocket and the other swaying at his side. It took everything in me to avoid checking him out from behind as I knew all eyes were on us when we walked down the hall.

Not too long after, we reached another office on the same floor with the door wide open. Mr. Lee and I walked inside and he said to the man sitting at his desk, "Chan, this is Han, my new personal assistant."

The man behind the desk rose to his feet and stuck his hand out for me to shake, "Hi, it's nice to meet you! Will I be training you today?"

I shook his hand, "It's nice to meet you too! And yes, I believe so."

"I'll leave you guys to it," Mr. Lee said, shooting me a smile before exiting Chan's office and shutting the door behind him.

Chan stared at the door for a moment after he left and then turned his head to me, "Did he just smile at you?"

"Yeah, is there an issue?" I asked him, tilting my head.

"Not an issue with you, more like the exact opposite. Minho has an issue with everyone including me and we've been best friends since high school," Chan said, standing up and waking past me to open his office door. "Follow me, walk and talk."

"It's weird to hear you refer to him by his first name," I said to him as we walked.

"It's weird to see him smile at you, he despises personal assistants. He treats them like absolute garbage," Chan chuckled. "I don't know what qualifications you have but you must've charmed the pants off of him or something. He got in a car accident yesterday morning too so I'm surprised he even hired someone, he came in shitty as hell."

"I'm sure he did, I was the one that hit him," I said.

Chan stopped dead in his tracks and turned around to face me, "Forgive my language but are you fucking serious right now?"

"Gravely," I said.

Chan slapped a hand to his mouth to try and cover his smile, "That's actually hilarious."

"It sounds like he needed to be knocked down a peg or two," I shrugged.

"More like multiple," Chan chuckled, removing his hand.

"I know this sounds weird because you're about to train me and all, but do you want to be friends? I'll be getting drinks with a few friends tonight, if you're interested." I asked him as we began walking again.

Chan thought about it for a moment before unlocking his phone and handing it to me, "Save your number."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

41.6K 1.2K 22
"He's A Dirty Slut, He's Not Worthy Of You!" "You're Crazy, He Sold His Body To Other Men! He's Just A Slut!" "I Don't Need Your Shitty Opinions Beca...
110K 4.8K 41
[Completed] "Never thought running away would give me a family" --------------------- Stray kids AU #Hyunlix #Minsung Highest rankings : [1-11-2022]...
260K 13.1K 32
"how are you going to return it if there's no name on it?" "I guess I'll just have to read in order to find out who it belongs to." ~~~ minho finds a...
64.3K 1.3K 62
"Fine, if you tell me you hate me, I will leave you alone" "I hate you" "Hmm, do you?" "Yeah, I hate you so fucking much Lee Minho that it's sometime...