Defiance.

By Hallie123

The virus changed everything. It took the elderly, sick and females. Females were brought for entertainment... More

Start (Rewritten)
Chapter 3: Captured (Rewritten)
Chapter 4: The Journey (Rewritten)
Chapter 5: Trouble
Chapter 6: The Attempt
Chapter 7: Manners
Chapter 8: Captive.
Chapter 9: New life
Chapter 10: Routine
Chapter 11: Waiting
Chapter 12: The Objects
Chapter 13: Unlucky
Chapter 14: Ignorance
Chapter 15: Gangs
Chapter 16: Trust
Chapter 17: Remembering
Chapter 18: Life
Chapter 19: Torture
Chapter 20: Boom!
Chapter 21: Explain
Chapter 22: Love
Chapter 23: Process
Chapter 24: Birdy
Chapter 25: How?
Chapter 26: Marcy.
Chapter 27: Change
Chapter 28: Arebella
Chapter 29: Winning
Chapter 30: Reunion
Chapter 31: New Start
I do apologize
Chapter 32: Stranger
Chapter 33: Help!
Chapter 34: Death.
Chapter 35: Running
Chapter 36: Stranger
Chapter 37: Content.
Chapter 38: AIM
Chapter 39: Freedom
Chapter 40 - Numb
UPDATE!! 2020

Taken (Rewritten)

8.2K 112 18
By Hallie123

I dared too move.

Frozen rigid in fear of the man who had me in his grasp. Eli, a well known lord for murder, drugs and power.
He own the most the city, sector four being his home turf, this was mainly farm lands, warehouses, brothels, the more rural part of the land. He made the claim early on after society went downhill. We were currently not too far south of it.

The sectors based more in the city, he also had a claim on through trade deals for goods. No one wanted to get on the wrong side of him.

Except me, in the exact moment I was in.

He turned me towards him, so he could get a better look at me, oh you could feel the power radiate off him. Oozing off him.
A pure alpha male in the prime of his life.

He looked me up and down, his eyes taking my body. He was mentally undressing me, removing my shorts, visualising my breast under my black T-shirt. He was so.... distracted.

BAM!

Knee straight up into the Crown Jewels, I didn't wait to see his reaction as soon as his grip loosened, I made a dash for it.

The forest ground was dry, so my sprit work made light work of the leaves and foliage that covered the floor.

However the further I ran, the more closer together trees got, the sun light blocked out by the tall fur trees. The wetter the ground got, It was like this part of the forest was stuck in nighttime.

I heard a shot from not too far away, I'd say they were around three hundred yards behind me I had made good progress. Too anyone who's not great at maths, that's roughly three football pitches lengths.

I was a minute to two minutes in front of them, I had no room for any mistakes in my footing.
My main disadvantage was my heavy shoe ware, imprinting itself into soft ground.
I need to cover my tracks, but it was near impossible with the weight of my boots.
I was going to have too loose them. Did I have enough time?

My only other option was to go up if I couldn't go forward. I had good upper body strength that I was confident enough I could make it up a tree before they got too me.

I looked up at the tall trees, the lower branches were flimsy and brittle, I knew they would break under my weight. I would have to keep on running.

Running I kept doing, picking up on my pace, for another half mile or less. But my chest started too burn against the cold damp air. I'd have to stop sooner or later, I couldn't keep this up much longer.

Racking my brains for any good ideas to help me out was proving difficult, I was unable to think straight. My mind was panicked, my chest tight. Common think Ind, think. My best idea I could come up with wasn't my best, but it was what I had.
I calmed my breathing, in and out, listening for any sounds from Eli, for any footsteps.
Perhaps they had given up the chase?

I couldn't hear anything within earshot but I knew they wouldn't of given up a female so easily. Taking this to my advantage I finally plucked up the balls to remove my boots. I threw them ahead of me into a bush.

The bushes here were waist height and overgrown, perfect for coverage. I looked down to my now bare feet, they didn't make a footprint as my light frame wasn't enough surface pressure to make any. I back tracked myself for eighty yards, going through the thick underlay of the floor surface, the shrubs and greenery tall enough to hide me.

Mud sticking to my skin creating a natural camouflage, I found a tree trunk opening, just big enough for me to slide and fit into.
The opening wasn't noticeable from the original footpath I had ran up the first time I came this way, I only found as I was low to the ground, it's entrance covered by a fallen branch.

I positioned myself in low, giving an excellent view of my original boot tracks in which I'd hope they follow off up too wear I removed them, meanwhile I could backtrack heading back too the camp. Let me think, it was roughly... just over a mile away? Maybe even closer, I felt I had ran good distance but not run a marathon.

Waiting gave me time to examine my shoulder that had been hit. It was only a surface graze, which left me pondering whether or not he had meant to only skim me?
Or did he have bad aim?
I can't imagine someone like him having bad aim...
-
"Over here, I see her tracks"

My head snapped to the direction of them. They were close by, about half a yard away.
I had managed to get ahead of them quite well considering, then again, told you I was fast.
Plus adrenaline really does help with momentum. I was a good eight minutes ahead.

Mud squelched as their own boots sunk into the forest floor, amidst the trees, shadows formed as they came closer to where I was. Into eyesight five tall figures came into my view.

They were all so well built, tall and broad.
All of them wearing sweatpants or jeans. Black or grey seemed to be their colours of clothing choice. Like myself they all wore as pair of combat boots, they were the best choice for the world today. Long lasting and sturdy.

They crept forward, their pace was slow, unusual for people pursuing something. You'd think they'd be quick on their feet in hope to catch up with me.

Eli raised his hand in the air, signalling for them to come to a stop. He just stood there looking around, like a wolf searching for its prey.

I hitch my breath in fear it would give me away, even though I was a good distance for it not to be heard by them. A sharp nod from their leader to carry on.

Forward they walked, following my tracks. The trail lead them away from where I was,
I waited, I could hear no footsteps, no voices. Could they have walked on further than my tracks?

I wasn't going to hang about to find out. The tree bark caught my hair as I descended out from my hiding place. I had to yank my locks hair to release myself.

I started a good paced run, back towards the camp, following track left by myself previously. The soft spongy ground was good to run on.
In and out of the trees I weaved, no sight nor sound of anyone following me.

My pace kept well. I'm surprised I didn't slip on the mud. The journey back always feels shorter? I mentally cursed as the trees became more spread out, sun light beaming through them. Meaning the floor here was dryer, the mud hard like gravel, stones, twigs and even the leaves cut into the soles of my feet.

They felt bruised and tender to put weight on them, I had to slow down to a walk. My bearings were off, the ground here didn't have any tracks. I was lost with five men with guns out searching for me, it wouldn't be long before they found my boots I'm sure of it. I think one of them had landed on a branch on full display.

I felt stupid not knowing where I was going, my only logic was to head in a straight line from last set of tracks I found. I can't remember taking a drastic turns running away.

The sun had fully risen by now from this morning, we were in a hot climate now. The seasons had changed when pollution levels had risen. The earth wasn't able to repair itself fast enough as humans destroyed it. The ozone layer had broken down, meaning the sun heated the earth more.

I remember all the rally's of "save our planet" ... not enough people listened, not enough people cared.

Stepping on something cold broke me out my train of thought. Picking up my foot from the ground , a small bronze pebble lay there. I frowned at it, bending down I picked up the cold object.

Although it wasn't a pebble, it was a bullet.
The bullet that had skimmed my shoulder. I snapped my head up, I could see the camp ahead. Quickening too a jog I entered the camp, I stopped once I came in eye contact with the log I knew Marcie was behind.

She was a still laid there as silent and still as as ... well, a corpse. Closing in on her, I knelt down towards her and placed my hand onto hers. She was cold, but not stiff. Her body still floppy, she also wasn't greying like humans do when passed on, although her lips were slightly tinted blue. She looked peaceful which gave me comfort as I shed a tear.

I didn't know what to do from here, I couldn't carry her. I squeezed her hand "oh Marcie, what will I do without you around the guide me, I have nothing left" my bottom lip and chin quivering as I tried to hold back the tears brimming at them. I blinked too allow a single tear too fall. I continued to stare at her as I wiped my tear with the back of my hand.

Letting go of her, I knew I needed to leave the site before they got back. I had wasted too much time being lost and mourning.
I stood up straight and backed away from her.

I backed into something hard. My body stiffened, goosebumps spreading too my skin making my hairs stand on end.

It was very cold and hard.

"Run. And I will! Shoot you" his voice so stern, my blood ran cold with fear.

"Understand me?" 

I nodded, trying think of a plan. I couldn't swallow the lump that was in my throat.

"Good girl, now turn to face me very slowly"

I ever so slowly turned clockwise, my eyes closed not wanting to face the gun that was going to end my life. I finally managed to swallow the wedge in my throat.

"Now, that wasn't a very clever thing to do"

I kept silent, curling my toes in the soil below me. My eyes scrunched up, I wished when I opened my eyes it would all go away like a bad dream.

"Open your eyes" Cold fingers grabbed my jawline, squeezing. "Now."

I looked downwards behind my lids before opening them so my view was his boots.

"Ahh ah, look at me sweetheart"

I locked eyes with his, they radiated pure evil from them. I could feel tears threatening to make an appearance, I was truly scared for me life. I slightly allowed a few to spill, Eli's index finger moving from the tight grip he had on my jaw to wiping away a tear.

Sympathy? Was he giving me sympathy?

My stomach and legs bolted forward as he span me around to face the rest of them. Moving his hand from my jaw to hold both hands behind my back, with his other hand he placed the gun at the back of my head.

"Nice try" Tristan chuckled.

A look of amusement on their faces. The cats had caught the mouse.

———

I watched from where I was placed on the floor. In clear view of everyone as they packed away the tents, their belongings. Making it look like they'd never even been there.

All of it shoved into rucksacks which they all wore upon their backs.

I watched them as they joked around with each other as if they were brothers. It was a strange light too see such monsters in.
Whenever one of them would look over at me I'd advert my gaze.

Pain in my feet had caught up with me from running barefoot. They felt bruised and delicate too touch. My lower legs were soon going too join that pain soon as debris below me started to dig into my skin.

I hadn't looked at Marcie again, she was out of view still laying uncared for behind the log. I was secretly thankful for that log being there. I didn't want to keep having too look at her beautiful face.

Thud.

I flinched as something missed me by a few cm. I glanced to the left of me too find that my boots had been brought back by them.

From the boots, I shifted my gaze up to Isaac who stood there watching me.
He stared then flashed his teeth in a sadistic smile.
Before I had time to react his own boot came up to contact with my chest throwing me on my back. My legs going in the air.

He advanced towards me whilst I was In a vulnerable position on my back with my legs spread open. I tried to crawl backwards but with now rebound hands, it proved hard.

I watched as he grabbed my boots, he knelt down. The boot was placed on to my foot, I winced as my sole hit the base inside, my poor feet were tender.
Grabbing the zip on the side of them he slowly pulled it up to fasten it. Once he had reached the top, his hand continued too travel up my leg towards my inner thigh. I clapped my legs close like a trap wanting to get him off me.

He chucked at my actions "timid little thing you are." Finishing my other boot and this time just zipping it up too the top and no further, Isaac studied me for a little while longer before standing up and walking away without another
word.

They had finished packing up the site by late afternoon.
The attention was now on me, I didn't welcome it. I hitched in my breath as they closed in too me.

Eli motioning to Ollie to get something out his bag. He nodded. Rummaging in his pack he pulled out a black scarf passing it to Eli.

Noah approached me from behind and used both his hands to lift my tiny frame via my upper arms. Within seconds of standing, Eli approached. The scarf placed over my eyes and wrapped around blocking any light or vision I had.

Heat came beside my ear as a hot breath fanned it. "Be good girlie"

Noahs arms from behind wrapped around me and hoisted me upwards and over his shoulder. In a way I was slightly relieved I didn't have to walk on my feet.
We started to make movement in the opposite direction I had ran.

Of course, I ran the wrong way earlier ...

"The other girl Eli? Are we leaving it?"
I follow the voice interested.

His response wasn't one I wanted too hear.
"Leave it, wolves, foxes and bears will pass through here tonight, they'll be no body come morning"

No! They couldn't do that. I started to make a fuss on the shoulder I was balanced on. "No! Please don't leave her" I begged.

A hand came in contact with my butt. They actually just smacked my butt. I froze mortified.

"Shh now, not another word or I'll cut your tongue out" Eli threatened.

I snapped my mouth closed and remain silent as they traveled through the forest. Presumably too the car that we were first brought here in.

I'd no idea of a time scale for how long they'd been walking for, it felt like a good fifteen, twenty minutes before we came too a stop. I was surprised Noah was able to keep me on his shoulder that long.

I heard the car bleep from the keys, signalling it was opening.

"Ollie, Tris you take the car with all the rucksacks and gear, the rest of us will follow in the van" Their leader barked out.

Two large hands grabbed my waist, pulling me down from the shoulder onto my throbbing feet.
The scarf taken off with no warning, meaning my poor eyes slightly throbbed from the sudden light exposure too. Although they quickly adjusted after a few blinks. How I wanted to rub my eyes properly. The rope restricted my hand movements, they tied my restraints real good.

I watched Ollie and Tris, load up the car Isaac has first brought me and Marcie here in.
I looked over my shoulder too see a black VW transit van sat on the road.

Being pushed from behind, I was taken to the side where the door slid open.
"Come on, get in." I stepped up into the vehicle, the leather seats were cold against my skin as I sat down.
I looked towards the driver door as Isaac climbed in, then Noah getting in the passengers seat.
Meaning that left Eli too sit in the back with me.
He followed in behind me. Sat on the seat closest to the door handle and slammed it shut.
"Child locks are on"
The seats were L shaped in the back, I tucked myself in the furthest one away from him.

I made myself as small as possible, knees into my chest, placing my head on my knees. I could feel his stare burn my skin. My skin crawled.

I sighed deeply, ready for the journey ahead or whatever was in store for me.

I had no idea and I'm not sure I wanted to know.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

REVENGE By Kristian Birley

Mystery / Thriller

101 11 6
I won't spoil you, so read to find out. . . This story contains, sexual assault, kidnapping, smut, bullying. Read at your own risk, highly recommende...
888K 23.2K 62
"Baby, there's no secret you can keep from me, which means that if you leave me, I will always find you." In another life we would have been lovers. ...
508K 8.7K 60
⚠️Graphic/Mature⚠️ She tried to leave him - Big Fucking Mistake. She belonged to Him and Him alone.
6.2K 186 41
Completed! A man loses his daughter in a house fire. The father misses the daughter and wants her back, so he goes on the hunt for his new daughter. ...