Destined to be

De stationgreysfan

{REWRITTEN AND IMPROVED} Maya is a 25 year old firefighter on her way towards captain, struggling with her p... Mais

Chapter 1: The day that changed everything pt 1
Chapter 1: The day that Changed everything pt 2
Chapter 2: Meetings greetings
Chapter 3: We meet again pt1
Chapter 3: We meet again pt2
Chapter 4: when i lost you
Chapter 4: when i lost you pt2
Chapter 5: new beginings
Authors note (pls dont skip:)
Chapter 6: Goodbyes are hard
Chapter 7: Coffee and kisses
Chapter 8: A wonderful first date
Chapter 9: being sick sucks
Chapter 9: Being sick sucks Pt2
Chapter 10: Second dates are for midnight kisses
Chapter 10: Second dates are for midnight kisses Pt2
Chalter 11: When i first made love to you
Chapter 12: The morning after
Chapter 13: Close call
Chapter 13: Close call Pt2
Chapter 14: Losing is the hardest
Chapter 15: Happy birthday my love
Chapter 16: Jelousy is a dangerous thing
Authors note (plz dont skip:)
Chapter 17: Cuts and bruises are what make us grow
Chapter 18: Flashbacks (Maya)
Chapter 19: Jamies birthday party
Chapter 20: I love you
Chapter 21: Emily...?
Chapter 22: Sick days are cuddle days
Chapter 23: Dad...?
Chapter 24: Leaving hurts
Chapter 24: Leaving hurts Pt2
Chapter 25: You woke up
Chapter 26: Moving in
Authors Note ( plz dont skip )
Chapter 27: Home sweet home
Chapter 27: Home sweet home Pt2
Chapter 28: Going to Africa
Chapter 29: Surprise
Authors note (please dont skip)
Chapter 30: Anniversary
Chapter 31: It has to be perfect
Chapter 32: The big proposal
Chapter 33: Wedding planning
Chapter 34: The big day
Chapter 35: 4 years later
AN: (plz dont skip:)
Chapter 36: Bones can be fixed
Chapter 37: Happy birthday
Chapter 38: Labour
Chapter 39: Welcome home babies
Chapter 40: Relax
AN: (plz dont skip)
Chapter 41: Glasses?
Chapter 42: Uncle Andrew
Chapter 42: Car crash
Chapter 43: Mothers day
Chapter 44: Valentines day
10k
Chapter 45: Diagnoses
Chapter 46: The journey begins
Chapter 47: Lexies birthday
Chapter 48: We almost lost you
Chapter 49: Affected
Chapter 52: Surgery
Chapter 53: The wait
Chapter 54: The aftermath
Chapter 55: I miss you
Chapter 56: Christmas day scare
Chapter 57: Breathing is a blessing
Thank you sm for 30k
AN: Hey guys (i'm back)
Chapter 58: Numb
Teaser chapter: The cure
Chapter 59: The cure
Chapter 60: the beginning of recovery
Chapter 62: i fight for my family
Chapter 63: Bambina focus on me
Chapter 64: visiting hour
Chapter 65: starting to loose hope
Chapter 66: A piece of her forever in your heart
Chapter 77: Emergency surgery

Chapter 61: Close your eyes and think of me

2.1K 65 4
De stationgreysfan

Both POV:

Both Maya and Carina had difficult jobs, that wasn't unknown, but at times when they really needed to be doing something other than working, time always had other plans.

"Hi my gorgeous boy-" Maya started, as she made her way into Jamie's room for the first time that day, almost taking a seat next to him, until her work phone started to ring.

5 alarm.

"Ugh ok, Jamie sweetheart I'll be back later, mommy's being called for an emergency" the blonde explained, earning a panicked look from the brunette.

Maya spotted the look of fear in her wife's eyes, and quickly made her way over to her, leaning down so she was level with the brunette.

"I'll be as safe as I can babe, close your eyes and think of me" she whispered, before placing a soft kiss to Carinas lips, as she leant their foreheads against each other, something that comforted them both.

I love you"

"Bye mommy" Jamie called out.

"I love you both"

****
Maya's POV:

Maya ran as fast as she could to the station, she arrived at the station shortly after she left the hospital, it only took the blonde about 5 minutes considering her speed.

"Bishop hurry" Dean called from his position in the passenger seat.

Maya grabbed her uniform and geared up, placing her helmet in between her armpits whilst pulling herself onto the truck with her other hand.

They arrived at the scene shortly after they set off, many members of station 23 were already at the scene.

This was a high profile scene, all hands were on deck for this one.

All firefighters were quickly out of the truck and into action.

Maya was the captain which meant that she was only meant to hand out orders and control the scene as best she could by observing every part of the disaster.

However, this call was too high profile for the blonde not to get involved.

She needed to help, she made her way over to the chief that had been called to take over this call and asked him for permission.

"Sir would it be acceptable for me to take part in this call? I feel as though the team needs as much help as they need for this one" She asked, whilst following behind him as he yelled out orders to his team.

"Good idea Bishop, I can take everything from here, round up your team and get them ready to go"

"Thank you sir"

"Ok team this is a big call" Maya started, as the rest of the crew surrounded her: listening intently at the instructions being ordered.

"Hughes and Miller make your way to the back of the hotel and see what we're dealing with" the two ran off as instructed.

"Gibson and Warren attach the hoses and start getting some water on this thing"

"Montgomery and Herrera you're with me, we're going to make our way through the front and help 23 assist getting the victims out of the building as quick as possible. We've already lost time, let's go!"

Everyone set off into their different pairs, Maya grabbed what she needed and set foot down the path that lead them to the front of the hotel.

"Bishop you're captain you can't assist" Andy told her, not wanting Maya to get hurt during this call: she had a wife and 4 children to care for, a family that needed her.

"Herrera this is a high profile case, it's protocol for the captain to go in if no other option, the chief is here to observe Ive already cleared it with him, let's go" she explained, receiving a nod from her friend, before they made their way into the building.

"Montgomery start knocking on the doors, some of them are shut, see if anyone's in there" Maya ordered raising her voice as the flames threatened to get louder.

They hadn't reached the floor of the flames yet, which gave them time to evacuate people from the building.

"This is station 19 can we ask that all residents make there way out of the building" after each knock swarms of families exited their hotel rooms, a look of panic on each of their faces.

Andy assisted those that had minor injuries.

"Wait no you cant leave her in there! Lola sweetie, mommies here"

Both Travis and Maya whipped their heads around ln at hearing the cry's of the woman in Andys arms.

"Ma'am is there someone else in that room?" Maya asked, hoping to that there wasn't, as she saw the flames appear in the elevators of the hotel.

"My daughter Lola she's in the bathroom, she's sick she can't breath properly on her own as it is, she has stomach cancer please get her out of here" the woman was sobbing at this point.

"Ma'am we will do everything in our power to get to your daughter, but I need you to let this lovely lady here escort you and the many other civilians out of the building" she explained as Andy nodded at her in agreement.

"This is captain Bishop, I need someone to assist lieutenant Herrera escorting 10 civilians out of the building" She radioed, she soon heard a response telling them that they'd bring someone up straight away.

"Maya be carful, Travis take care of each other" Andy told them, before she made her way towards the stair case with her civilians.

Maya and Travis made their way into Lolas hotel room.

She remembered what the woman had told her "she has stomach cancer" that particular part of her sentence stuck with the blonde.

"Travis what have we got?" She asked, after she'd finished observing the rest of the hotel for any other injured victims.

"The door locks from the inside, she must have locked herself in" he explained.

"Lola? We're firefighters from station 19 sweetie we need you to come out, your mommy is very worried" she tried, still hearing no response.

"Lola?" Travis urged.

"Wait, stomach cancer" Travis looked at the blonde confused

"Full sentences captain"

"She has stomach cancer, the reason she's not responding is because she's probably unconscious: her mom said that she struggles breathing, doing anything let alone walking feels like you've run a Marathon, she was probably too exhausted to cry or yell for help"

"Right we need to get in there then" Travis said, as he had a look for the tools he needed.

By the looks of the door they were dealing with it didn't look too difficult to pry open.

"Use this" Montgomery handed the blonde the tools they needed before making his way back over to the door.

"I'll pull the door towards me and you push that in" he explained as he pointed to the tool in Maya's hand.

"Got it"

It wasn't long until they managed to open the door, Maya dropped the tool she was holding and sped over the small figure on the floor.

Jamie. She reminded her of Jamie. Small, pale, bald it filled the blonde with sadness that such disease was slowly taking away the people it infected, at such a young age, it wasn't fair.

"Lola sweet heart can you hear me?" She knew the answer to the question, but a part of her hoped she had gained consciousness in the past 15 minutes.

The blonde cracked for a pulse...

"Oh thank god" she sighed as she felt soft thumps against her fingers.

"We have a pulse?"

Travis asked, as he made his way into the bathroom to assist the captain.

"We have a pulse" Maya nodded as she placed oxygen mask over the little girls mouth, trying not to interrupt the wires she was wearing.

"Want me to carry her?" Travis asked, knowing that seeing a similar case to her sons must be difficult, he wanted to help.

"It's fine, go grab the tools we used to open the door and lead the way, I've got her"

Maya placed one hand underneath Lolas head and the other on the small of her back, as she lifted her up and into her arms, resting her head against her own shoulder, and wrapping her legs around her waist.

Once she situated the girl onto her waist she followed behind Travis

"Shit" Travis cursed.

"Montgomery what's wrong?" Maya asked, worried at the expression on her partners face.

"Look" is all her said.

Maya turned to the elevator, before they found Lola the fire was only on the first floor. However it had spread and was now making its way towards them, at an increasingly fast pace.

"We need to go"

They made their way towards the stair case, Maya turned behind her every so often to see the fire following them, getting faster and faster.

"Travis"

Travis turned at hearing his name, eyes widening at the fire that was almost in arms reach.

"This is Montgomery asking for immediate help once we exit the hotel, we have flames tailing us" he radioed.

Both firefighters made their way through the door to the stairs.

Maya checked on Lola every chance she could, double checking that she still had a pulse.

They continued to make their way down the stairs, Travis was in front, with Maya behind him.

A loud bang caused Travis to come to a halt and he immediately turned around to see his friend, his captain on the floor.

"Firefighter down, these stairs are slowly falling, bishops down" he radioed, as he crouched down to see if Lola was alright as well as his captain.

*********
Carina's POV:

Empty. A feeling that always filled every part of the brunette every time Maya left to go and do her job. Save lives, yes it's pathetic. Her wife saves lives for a living, and here She is worrying, wishing she wasn't saving those lives, wanting her here right next to her. Safe. Untouched. It's selfish.

However there's a difference between selfish and selfless. They had a family: a family that would be heart broken to not see their mother again.

It had been a while since the blonde had left for her call.

Was she hurt? Why did it take her so long to call her and let her know she was ok? Was she even finished fighting the fire yet?

All the possible thoughts and inquiries raced around the brunettes head.

The hardest part wasn't imagining your loved one in the fire, it was the wait, the wait to see them again.

The waiting caused the most amount of pain, you didn't know how long it would be until you were told that they were out and perfectly fine, or if they were heading to the hospital.

This was the longest wait and it pained the brunette so much.

"Mama when's mommy coming back"

"I don't know bambino"

AN:

I'm back, I apologise that this story hasn't been updated in a while I've been very busy but today I thought I'd write a chapter for you all.

Enjoy 😚

I hope your Christmas holidays are going well so far!

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

423 9 1
What could only be described as human nature, will Maya let what her words implied, linger? or will she try to make amends? ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━...
49K 922 41
Stories written based on episodes of Station 19, focusing on Maya and Carina's relationship.
2.3K 99 48
Maya Bishop and Carina DeLuca first meet when the Fire Lt. spends a week giving Fire Safety talks at Carina's middle school, they are drawn to each o...
49.4K 792 20
Maya and Carina exploring a new part of their relationship. **AGE REGRESSION** Don't like, don't read.