The Son of Lord Voldemort

By IHaveDementia

Voldemort never killed Harry, instead he killed his parents and kidnapped Harry to raise as his own son again... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Not an update
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107
Chapter 108
Chapter 109
Chapter 110
Chapter 111
Chapter 112
Chapter 113
Chapter 114
Chapter 115
Chapter 116
Chapter 117
Chapter 118
Chapter 119
Chapter 121
Chapter 122
Chapter 123
Chapter 124
Chapter 125
Chapter 126
Chapter 127
Chapter 128
Chapter 129
Chapter 130
Chapter 131
Chapter 132
Chapter 133
Chapter 134
Chapter 135
Chapter 136
Chapter 137
Chapter 138
Chapter 139
Chapter 140
Chapter 141
Chapter 142
Chapter 143
Chapter 144
Chapter 145
Chapter 146
Chapter 147
Chapter 148
Chapter 149
Chapter 150

Chapter 120

1.3K 58 15
By IHaveDementia

Dumbledore sighed. He had lived for more than a century, but he had never felt as old as he did in this moment. He had run out of options. There wasn't a spell that could help him, and no one that could give him the answers he needed. The past few days, since his conversation with Moody, he had weighed the pros and cons of telling Sirius and Remus that Harry Potter was alive. He hadn't wanted to get them involved. He knew how they would react. But in the end, he knew that Alastor was right, Sirius and Remus would move heaven and hell to find Harry. They might know something that could help, without knowing it. More importantly, the longer he waited to tell them the truth, the more angry they would be.

He looked at the old, cracked clock that hung above one of the fireplace in Grimmauld Place. He had told Sirius he would be arriving at noon, but when Dumbledore arrived Kreacher said he had gone out, and it was five past twelve. Suddenly, the fireplace roared to life.

"Sorry, Albus," Remus said, as he stepped through the floo. "I lost track of time while grading papers."

"It's quite alright, Remus," Dumbledore said.

The floo flared to life again, green flames roaring, and Sirius stepped out.

"Bloody, goblins," Sirius muttered. He looked up and gave Dumbledore and Remus a lopsided grin. "Sorry, Albus. Hey, Remus."

"Sirius," Remus smiled, as he took a seat near the fireplace.

Sirius patted down his robes. "So, Albus, what's all this about?" He sat down and threw his feet up on a short glass table.

"I am afraid that you will not be happy with me after what I tell you," Dumbledore began.

Remus looked bemused, and Sirius' eyes narrowed.

"Please know that I wasn't always aware." Dumbledore said honestly. "Last June I went to Gringotts. In retrospect, I should have done so sooner, and know that I will always regret that I didn't. The war, the Order of the Phoenix, Hogwarts, and attempting to stay on top of everything else, it diverted my attention. It didn't seem important." He sighed. "With James and Lily dead, and their son dying with him, the Potter estate would be sent to the Ministry to be added to the emergency budget."

Sirius growled at the mention of his friends, and pain flashed in his dark eyes. Remus' eyes flashed amber, and his hands gripped the armrest of his chair.

"That's why I failed to feel the need to speak with the goblins at Gringotts," Dumbledore continued. "However, I wanted to ensure the Potter estate had, in fact, gone to the Ministry and not into the vault of someone…unscrupulous. That's when, as Harry's legal guardian due to your incarceration," Sirius flinched, "I was told that the Potter vaults were still active."

"Still active?" Remus shook his head. "That isn't possible. There are no more Potter's."

"What does it matter if it was still active?" Sirius snarled. "What's this all about?"

"Sirius," Remus said, "there must be a reason why Albus is telling us this." He looked questioningly at Dumbledore, his eyes flashing between brown and amber.

"A vault cannot be active unless an heir is alive," Dumbledore said.

The room descended into silence, then the flames in the fireplace flickered and died. The glass table where Sirius' feet were shattered, and Sirius jumped up. A furious power radiated from Sirius, his eyes darkening until they looked like two lumps of coal. His face hardened until he appeared no more than a statue, a cold glare etched into his face.

Remus' eyes had turned amber, and Dumbledore would swear to his last breath he saw the reflection of a wolf in their center. He too appeared frozen.

"Are you telling me," Sirius said quietly, his tone venomous, "that Harry…that my godson is alive? That he's alive and you've known for more than a year? And do not start with the riddles, old man, I want the simple truth."

"Yes," Dumbledore said.

A sound like a bomb exploding burst throughout the room as vases shattered, the marble surrounding the fireplace went flying in every direction like shrapnel, and the chandelier hanging above their heads rained diamonds down on their heads.

Dumbledore didn't cast a spell to shield himself, and he felt his skin cut open. He could feel blood trickle down his cheek, and could see blood blooming from his knuckles like a demented sort of flower.

Dumbledore looked at Remus who appeared to be frozen in shock. He too failed to place a protective charm, and blood was gently flowing down from his forehead and into his eye. Remus didn't seem to notice and his breathing came out in shallow bursts.

"Harry is alive," Sirius growled. His eyes boring into Dumbledore's. "Tell me right now why I shouldn't kill you."

"You couldn't kill me," Dumbledore said. Another vase shattered. "You wanted the truth." Sirius' breathing was coming out ragged and a twitch danced in his cheek. "You're angry, Sirius, you're both angry. Believe me, I understand, I do. But what you don't understand is why I didn't tell you." Dumbledore waved his hand and the room began repairing itself. Bits of broken vase glued themselves back together, diamonds flew up into the air, linking together to form a glittering chandelier.

"You weren't ready," Dumbledore said. "When I found out about Harry you were still an escaped convict, and when you were discovered to be innocent, you were in a fragile state of mind. Do you see how you reacted now? Imagine how you would've reacted a year ago. And Remus? He blamed himself for everything, finding out Harry was alive, that he could've cared for him for all those years, that would've killed him. You both deserved to know, but I couldn't bring myself to tell you. I would have, had I found Harry, but I've yet to locate him. I have yet to even decipher what happened that night. Who took him."

Sirius let out a choked sob as he fell back onto a chair. He buried his face in his hands. Dumbledore didn't say a word as Sirius attempted to reign in his emotions.

"You ran out of options," Remus said quietly.

Dumbledore hadn't expected the man to talk. He looked at Remus, whose eyes were still amber, and his hands were still gripping his arm rests.

"You ran out of options," Remus repeated, "and you thought that by telling us we would help you. Am I right?"

"Yes," Dumbledore answered.

"You want him because of that stupid prophecy," Remus accused. His voice void of all emotion.

Sirius' head snapped up. "Like hell!" he snarled.

"Harry can defeat Voldemort," Dumbledore said.

"Harry is a fourteen year old boy," Remus said. "A fourteen year old boy none of us have seen for thirteen years. When we find him, the last thing he will need is to be put out in the vanguard. Who knows what he has endured all this time?" A low growl escaped his throat. "You've done enough, keeping this from us."

"We haven't found Harry, I cannot make him do anything he doesn't want to do," Dumbledore admitted. "However, Voldemort aside, James and Lily were my friends too."

Remus and Sirius deflated a little. Dumbledore knew that reminding them that James and Lily had been on his side would tug at them.

"I would do anything to find Harry," Sirius said. "But know this," Sirius said lowly, "I will never forgive you for this."

"I only hope that in time you can understand," Dumbledore said.

Sirius merely glared at Dumbledore, a tear falling down his cheek. Dumbledore looked at Remus, whose nostrils were flaring. Without another word, Dumbledore stood up, grabbed a pinch of floo powder and stepped into the fireplace.

xxXXxxXXxxXXxxXX

Remus watched as Dumbledore disappeared in a flash of green. Harry was alive. James and Lily's son was alive. After all these years of crying and screaming and wishing for a miracle, one had finally come. His cub was alive.

Remus was furious at the situation. Thirteen years had passed since James and Lily had been murdered. Thirteen years since Harry had been taken Merlin knows where. He wanted to kill Dumbledore for keeping the fact that Harry was alive from him. The rational part of his mind knew that Dumbledore had only known for a year, but that part also knew that Dumbledore could've told him immediately after finding out. He understood why Dumbledore hadn't, Remus knows he wouldn't have reacted well, especially because last June he had thought Sirius was a murdering escaped convict. His mind would've led him down the road of thinking Sirius hidden Harry away, and his precious cub was being raised by Death Eaters.

But he was still furious with Dumbledore. Once Sirius had been cleared of all charges he should've waited until Sirius was of sound mind then told them both. That was months ago, many months ago. They could have spent the past several months searching for Harry.

"I want to kill him," Sirius growled.

Remus pulled himself from his thoughts and looked at his best friend. Sirius looked almost as bad as he had immediately after Azkaban. His face looked aged, his cheek was twitching, and his eyes shone with a crazed madness.

"Sirius," Remus forced himself to sound calm. He was furious, and he wanted to cry with both anger and joy, but he knew he needed to be the calm and rational one. "We can't change the past. Albus didn't tell us, and I can understand—"

Sirius rounded on him. "Don't you dare defend him!" Sirius roared.

Remus raised up his hands like he was in front of an animal about to charge.

"I'm not defending him Sirius," Remus said calmly. "What Albus did was unforgivable, but we're in the middle of a war. We can't turn on Albus now. No matter how much you hate him right now, what will happen when we find Harry? No matter how hard we try to hide him, Voldemort will find out Harry is alive. If he doesn't know already. Whether you want to admit it or not, Albus is the only one who will be able to protect Harry."

"We can protect him!" Sirius said fiercely. His face was contorted with a pain Remus had never seen before. It was as if Sirius was under the cruciatus curse and having his heart broken at the same time. The look twisted Remus' stomach.

"You know I would die for Harry," Remus said, "even after all this time. He's my cub. But Voldemort isn't considered the most powerful Dark Lord of all time because he's a big softie. Voldemort will come after Harry. Albus will be our best bet at protecting him. And we are still a part of the Order. So please, Sirius, curse Albus all you want in your head, shout out your hatred for him from the rooftops even." Remus looked at him imploringly. "But we cannot turn our backs on him. We promised James and Lily we would do anything to look out for Harry. Anything. And right now, working with Albus falls under the category of anything, as unpleasant as that thought right now is."

Sirius flinched, but Remus' words had the desired effect. Sirius deflated, he fell back into his chair and let tears flow down his cheeks. Remus' hand twitched as he watched his best friend cry. He wanted to strangle Dumbledore, or turn into his werwolf form on the full moon and rip his face off. But he couldn't. He needed to be rational if they were going to find Harry.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

750K 17.7K 69
❌ This is my first work so I apologize for any inconsistencies and mistakes. I am also not touching this with a ten foot pole. It is an abomination s...
26.3K 407 39
My name is Draco Lucius Malfoy. I am a racist, I despise gingers and mudbloods, and my parents work for the man who killed James and Lily Potter, as...
832 32 16
Harry isn't the Dark Lord, so he cannot be with a Death Eater's son. This is the first time the Boy-Who-Lived ever asked for something and he cannot...
350 19 10
Eleanor Love Granger. Lost twin sister of Hermione Jean Granger and to some, a filthy mudblood. She was taken at a young age and assumed by her pare...