Sophia The First

By Iyero123

šŸ”„šŸ”„ šŸ”„ 18+ Only!!! Sofi has 3 problems with the new Boss; he is mean, he keeps picking on her and he is one... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
Q&A 1
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
EPILOGUE

25

2.6K 354 30
By Iyero123

She did not go anywhere on Saturday, she was supposed to be with him this weekend. She did some heavy cleaning instead, covered syllabus on her online Warwick MBA and completed assignments that were not even due yet, all to get her mind off him. The worst part is, she couldn't talk to anyone about it because no one knows about them.

On Sunday as she picked out her outfits for the week, she thought about how he hasn't even called or texted her since that Friday night and she was low key hurt. See how easy and convenient it is for him to just drop her like that, he has already had her now. She has already given him the one thing he wanted from her on platter of gold, she felt so cheap and used.

'This is why you should stay away from fine boys Sofi' she thought to herself. 'And focus on your career'

Your career won't screw you over.....literally.

That night she studied harder. She has been very slow with the programme. It is a 2-year programme and it can be extended by a year but she plans to finish it in two years. She started it last year, when the Company approved her scholarship. The Company pays 40% of tuition for all employees for any furthering of education.

She has been lagging because she does not have enough time during the week; She is always tired when she gets home from work and she has weddings or other family stuff during the weekends.

But now that she has gone to get entangled with Mr. Madaki she was motivated more than ever to finish it within the two years. He is probably going to get back to frustrating her and if things get out of hand or messy she is going quit so she better hurry up and upgrade her CV real quick.

**

On Monday, he passed her office and went straight to his without stopping. He held a meeting that morning. He wasn't mean today even to the Managers who had problems in their Department, he looked calm but still irritable. Maybe he is thinking about his real girlfriend.

Monday evening she studied again, attended live lectures. Then her personal phone started ringing around 8:30pm and her heart stopped. The regular callers on her personal line are Toyin, her Mummy and Him. She was subconsciously hoping it was him.

But, it wasn't.

It was Amanda. "Sofi dear, how are you?"

"I am fine ma" She was surprised. "How is Chief's health?"

"I am fine Sofi!" She heard the old Man say in the background. Lol she was on speaker.

Amanda said they were coming back to Nigeria on Wednesday or Thursday not sure yet, because they are thinking of branching Europe to visit Segun and his family.

She wanted Sofi to help her mobilize some of her domestic Staff, and attend to some issues at her pro bono law firm because her Assistant was already on her way to join them in Bali.

After the call, she smiled but she also felt some type of way. She felt a little bit ashamed because she suddenly became more aware of what she had done while they were away.

She slept with their CEO! If they ever find out, she would be so mortified because she is the one person they trust the most who is not family.

Thank God, she has ended it with him. She needs to stop thinking about him, see her waiting for him to call her and still having feelings for him. That call from Amanda was a huge wake up call for her.

She went back to her lectures and did 3 more hours before sleeping.

**

On Thursday, he stormed into her office first thing in the morning. There was a guy from Compliance department in her office. The guy stood up immediately he saw him "Good morning, Sir" He said nervously.

He shook his hand "Can you give us a minute, I want to have a word with Miss Ireti" He said seriously.

The guy nodded sharply and gathered his laptop and papers in his arms and scurried off. He was there to learn how she was able to process that export permit in a day.

Dare pulled out a chair and sat down as the guy opened the door to leave and as soon as the door clicked shut. He started;

"Sofi?" His tone changed from serious to somber "Look, I know I said it was cool the other day you ...." He paused, and then sighed. "It's not cool, I am not okay. I only said that because, I was Angry and I didn't want to say anything I'd end up regretting to you. What is going on?"

"What do you mean?" She eyed him coolly.

"You went from being..." He looked like he was struggling to define what they had. See! Means he was just catching cruise with her. Then he smiled. "Wait, am I being ghosted right now? Is this what you people call....ghosting?" He said.

She got angry when she saw that he was trying to make her look bad when he is the one with a Girlfriend!...that he is cheating on. He must think she is an idiot. She decided to play his game too by acting like she didnt know anything. She's not going to open up this discussion to give him the opportunity to try and convince her to sleep with him again.

Her heart was already doing backflips for him again just by seeing him here like this, despite all the 'focus' pep talk she gave herself over the weekend. She wanted him to leave her office before she'll start kissing him again. Maybe he is the one that has jazzed her sef.

"I made a mistake, I don't want this anymore," She said firmly to him and he nodded.

"Did I do something wrong?" He smiled again and her heart started thawing on the edges because of that rare gorgeous smile of his. And for a second she wanted to talk to him, she wanted him to say there was no other girl or that he would leave blue haired girl for her, she was ready to listen to his sweet lies again, but she remembered that it was more than that at this point. She should not even have an affair with him.

Chief and Amanda will be back in town soon, her job is much more important than whatever this is.

This, will definitely end in premium tears either way. He is a northerner, from an elite family, they've probably picked out his wife for him already.

Also, what if Chief has plans of match making him with Yinka? Who wouldn't want such a fine man like Dare as a son in law. There is no need to chase anything here Sofi, it's not worth it let it go.

She answered his question.

"No, its not you....." She paused when she realized she was using the cliché breakup line that assholes use. He on the other hand started chuckling when she said it. He looked like he didn't believe her, like she was joking and she got slightly irritated again, does he think he is too big for her to dump.

"I don't want to continue this, please respect my wishes," She said and he nodded.

"You need to leave my office now, I have a meeting," She pointed at some of Amanda's Staff that were waiting outside her office. When he saw them, he stood up too and left without saying another word to her.

Dare's POV.

At first, he was mad pissed. Like is she bipolar or what? How do you just wake up and just end things without any warning or explanation. He tried cancelling her in his head because he couldn't keep up with this her hot and cold attitude. He started feeling like she genuinely didn't want to be with him. 

He even started looking back to see if he had exerted some undue influence on her at any point in time but Sofi is not afraid of him now, that woman fears no one. She is the Company Chairman's fave he is the one that should be afraid of her.

They had 'something', they weren't just fucking they had a connection, they still do. Something is off with her, which is why he decided to go speak to her that morning.
He was so confused and frustrated it was messing with his mental health. This is not like the time she didn't want to come over, she is cutting him off right now for real and he couldn't bear it.  He has been drinking heavily these days that it is affecting him at work but he is putting up a strong front. 

Sunday 11am

Sofi's POV

Toyin was around this weekend, she returned from the rig yesterday so she came to visit.

She was on the phone with Wale( Her ex) when TY arrived. He has stopped disturbing her to get back with him. He is now being subtle by claiming he just wants to continue their 'friendship'.

She knows he will still go back to hitting on her again very soon but he is right about the friendship part. They were friends first before they started dating. They both started from nothing, she watched him grow from working as an Etisalat call center operator to building a solid oil service company.

He broke her heart into pieces O, but she has forgiven him. At least he never used her as 'side chic' he broke up with her immediately he found someone else and didn't deceive her.

He said he is living alone now and he is bored when she asked why he was calling her 'this early Sunday morning'

"So why did you move out of your house then, you should go back to your wife?" She said.

"There is no love between us anymore," He said casually.

"Why" She genuinely wanted to know because it's like his own love has expiry date.

"I don't know, I don't think the love was there from the beginning, I was just confused, I was stupid but now I know for sure that my heart belongs to someone else" He said. 

OK LOL!

"Na wa o, that is...deep" She said as she started bringing out ingredients in the kitchen because she knows TY will soon ask for food.

"How is business though?" She asked, changing the topic real quick. She was even sick of love and relationship talk and he is the last person she wants to talk to about love.

"Great! I just got a renewal with Total for 2 years," He said.

"Wow congrats!" She said as TY strolled into the kitchen too and started opening her fridge.

"You know i got the payment notification from you people last week and I was very excited, thanks" He continued.

"Haha what is that one, I know our alert is one of the smallest alerts you receive every month" The money he makes from their Company is probably like 2% of all his revenue.

"Yeah but every time I see it...when I see the name of your company, it feels like I have just received a mail from YOU. Also your Company was my first client.....you'll always hold a special place in my heart" She knew where he was going with that so she decided to put a brake on it.

"I have to go now, I want to cook," She said when she saw that TY was looking at her suspiciously.

"What are you cooking?" he asked softly.

"Pancakes and egg"

"God, I miss your cooking," He said breathlessly.

"Ok bye!" She hung up.

"Is that Wale?" TY said looking irritated.

She nodded as she put her phone away.

"Sofi, what the hell are you doing?"

"It's nothing," She said.

"Babe I don't care if he is now single again, you are NOT taking him back" TY Declared. "Let him know now"

"I'm not taking him back, plus he is still legally married, I'm not crazy we are just talking" Sofi said defensively.

"But that's how it starts, you are lonely, he is lonely. This is exactly how I started sleeping with Osaze!" She said.

Toyin has been doing some 'entanglement' with her 'friend' Osaze who was also her roommate at the time and she claimed he was distracting her from dating 'serious' people but Sofi could see that she really liked the guy, she almost got pregnant for him sef. Lol. 
She is now in a serious relationship with a guy she met at that Conference they attended months back but Sofi knows that if that Osaze guy shows up now 'distraction' will resume lol.

But Sofi realized that maybe TY is right afterall. She is not just lonely right now she is actually hurting because of the thing with Dare. In addition, she is in a very low and vulnerable place right now and that is probably why she is entertaining Wale sef.

She has been thinking so low of herself lately, for ending up as a sidechic, all because she couldn't keep her legs closed. TY and Osaze's situation is even better, they were friends with benefits, what they had was mutual and they were each other's plaything. In her own case, she IS the plaything, his office sidepiece. He probably has more in sidepieces in Abuja considering the fact that he stayed back after that business trip.

While she started mixing the flour, The doorbell rang and she asked TY to get it because she was watching TV and resting in the living room. She has been on the rig for the past 3 weeks now let her rest abeg.

"Babe you have a package" TY called from the living room out as she shut the door. "What did you order?"

"Please help me open it, I ordered for Fenty lipsticks 3 weeks ago" She said as she cracked some eggs. She has been waiting for that package for ages now.

She was just about to pour the first mix in the pan when Toyin came into the kitchen holding a black paper bag, a leather jewelry box, and a note in her hand.

"Who is Dare and how did he break your ileke?" Toyin asked and Sofi almost spilled everything on her body as she scrambled to collect the package.

The note read;

Sorry I broke our ileke-idi, I don't know where to get another one for you but I hope this makes you smile 

..Dare

Her eyes almost popped out of their sockets as she read the note. She looked back at Toyin, her friend's Jaw was on the floor then she bursted into laughter.

"You know...." Toyin was laughing uncontrollably "I actually thought that note was code for something else but you just casted yourself!" Toyin placed her hands on her chest in shock. "You've got some serious explaining to do young woman" 

Two more updates this weekend :) :)

⬇️⬇️⬇️ Don't forget to vote and comment ;)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

118K 18.9K 65
~BOOK 2 IN THE DESIRES SERIES~ STARTED ON 27-AUGUST-2020 FINISHED ON 14-OCTOBER-2020 Completed. #1 Nigerian On 05-Sept-2021 #18 Africa...
25.1K 3.6K 41
~~~~(Mature)~~~~ "We're worlds apart..." "But I'm right here." "I'm far, farrrrrrrrrr far beneath your class..." "And so? I don't care." He shrugged...
16.5K 1.9K 27
STARTED 22 SEPTEMBER 2022 FINISHED 20 JANUARY 2023 Ibrahim life isn't always perfect one problem after the other, with an ungrateful wife who...
295K 7.1K 66
ļøŽā™”ļøŽ šˆš š–š‡šˆš‚š‡| he hates her and she hates him. But is it really hate? BOOK 1 ------------------- "You can't fight fire with fire." He said as s...