In Safe Hands 2: In My Arms (...

AuthorUprising36 tarafından

~Sequel to In Safe Hands~ They thought it was over. Yugi and Yami were together and were safe. For good. But... Daha Fazla

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Epilogue
Shameless Self Advert: NEW FANFIC

Chapter 9

1.3K 89 47
AuthorUprising36 tarafından

The next morning, Yugi was awoken by his phone ringing. He jumped in his sleep, suddenly remembering that today was his day off.

"H-Hello?" Yugi yawned, sitting up and picking up his phone, "M-Motou Residence...Y-yugi speaking."

"Yugi, are you seriously still sleeping?" Yugi heard the other person on the other line say, laughter in his voice.

That voice was one that Yugi, regardless if it was on the phone or in actuality, could recognize immediately. Yugi straightened up, his sleep still in his eyes and his eyes still very sleepy.

He yawned again.

"W-What? No...I've been awake...just...letting my eyes rest..." He stammered, his voice heavy with sleep.

"Okay, Yugi." The voice replied, chuckling, "But how long were you planning on sleeping in?"

"At the most..." Yugi rubbed his eyes, "Until...9..?"

"But Aibou...it's 2." Yugi heard his Mou Hitori laugh on the other side as his own face went a crimson red.

"W-What???" Yugi gasped, his eyes widening, "2?? In the afternoon????"

"Well, I wouldn't be calling you at 2 in the morning, now would I?" Yami's laughter faded.

Yugi shook his head, confused. He had always known his Mou Hitori for his jokes and his mischievous sense of humor, so Yugi stretched his arms and swung his feet over the side of his bed, peering at the clock on his bedside table.

"Whoa...." He gasped, "It really IS 2 in the afternoon!!!"

Yami laughed again, his laughter now making Yugi smile. Yugi had always figured that Yami's laughter was always key to making his day. it always did. It never failed.

"S-So..." Yugi coughed, smoothing out his messy and knotted hair, "W-Why did you call?"

Yami stopped his laughter abruptly, coughing. Yugi felt himself go red from embarrassment once more. He had truly planned for 9 to be his waking time. But instead, he slept through breakfast AND lunch.

He knew he shouldn't have stayed up until 2:30 in the morning just trying to sort out papers and take note of all the patients he would have to tend to when he returned to the hospital after his day off.

"Well, I was wondering if my fiancé would have liked to come over for dinner~?" Yami replied, grinning.

Yugi finally swallowed all of his embarrassment and smoothed out his knotted hair again, attempting to take care of all the tangles. He stood and put the phone on speaker phone as he walked into the bathroom for his shower.

"I would love to, Mou Hitori~!" Yugi beamed, "What time should I be there?"

"Well, I'll give you some time to get dressed, to eat and such, but I would like for you to get here at about 5:30!" He heard Yami reply as he stripped himself of his shirt, exposing his slightly built midriff and listening to the details of the phone call, "And be sure to wear something comfortable and a little nice, but not too nice."

Yugi raised his eyebrows at this and eyed the phone. But his slight confusion was quickly covered when Yami returned and replied, "I am planning on taking you out tonight."

Yugi grinned and nodded his approval, walking for the shower and turning it on.

"Well, be expecting me at 5:30 then in a nice outfit ready for anything~!" Yugi laughed, "I'll see you then!"

"See you, Yugi!" Yami returned right before he and Yugi both hung up on each other, ending their conversation.

Yugi turned to the shower once more, putting his hand under the water to make sure it was warming up. And it was. He looked out the window to the bathroom, over looking the back of his apartment complex.

And right down the block, he saw Yami looking right back at the apartment complex. They met gazes for only a second before Yugi ducked and went crimson, mentally hearing Yami's laughter from his action.

-------

Eventually, 5:30 rolled around and right on the dime, Yugi rolled into Yami's driveway, greeted at the door by an immediate hug and a kiss.

"I had been waiting, sleepyhead." Yami chuckled, "Why did you stay up so late last night?"

"Well, you try having seven patients in waiting for you once you get back along with at least three other operations you are scheduled for, on your plate!" Yugi playfully pouted, "I say that this is all crazy. I know I signed up for this job knowing that I was going to have busy days, but not THAT busy!"

Yami chuckled and smiled, putting an arm around Yugi and holding an arm out in a playful way as he pretended to look into the distance with a dreamy expression.

"Oh contraire, my dear Baby Panda," He returned, Yugi's eyes widening at the thought of a baby panda, "I know it is hard, but we will get through this together!!!"

Yami balled his hand into a fist, pulling it down and holding it over his heart for dramatic effect, gaining a giggle from Yugi.

"Baby Panda?" Yugi tilted his head, eyeing Yami.

"You are adorable, just as if you were one~!" Yami beamed, making Yugi blush ever so slightly.

Yami set Yugi down on the couch in his nice big living room and sat right beside him.

"Okay." Yami grabbed both of Yugi's hands and held them both in his own, "I want to show you something really cool, but I will need your help if I am to go through with this."

Yugi tilted his head.

"Huh?" he let out, slightly confused but intrigued nonetheless.

"I am going to read your mind."

Yugi's eyes widened.

"really???"

"Only if you cooperate." Yami instructed again, a slight smirk rising onto his face, "And there is a very slight chance that it won't work, but I hope it will."

Yugi nodded, clearing his mind and solely listening to what Yami had to say. Yami cleared his throat as Yugi did so and began the trick.

"Okay. Pick a number between 1 and 10."

Yugi closed his eyes and visualized his number. He decided on one that was fairly lucky and significant to him.

"Okay." Yugi let out once he had his number.

"Alright, now multiply it by 9." Yami continued.

Yugi found that easy to do, for he did more math than many of the adults you'd run into out there.

"Did it." Yugi said, once he completed this task.

"Subtract 5." Yami finished.

Yugi did it easily, then again because he did a lot of math as a child.

"Done."

"Now, you should have a double digit number. If you have a single digit, leave it. But if you have a double, I want you to take the two digits of your number and add them together." Yami explained, "Do this until you have a single digit."

Yugi did so. He was very intrigued as to where this was going, but he had his number and he nodded, giving Yami the signal to continue with his mind reading trick.

"Now, choose the letter that matches your number." Yami instructed, getting a weird look from Yugi, "As in....1 would be A, 2 would be B, 3 would C, and so on."

Yugi nodded, now understanding and chose his letter. It wasn't hard to find it, really.

"Now. Think of a country that starts with your letter." Yami went on.

Yugi had to think a little for this one. There weren't a lot of countries he knew of that started with his letter.

"Got it?"

Yugi nodded.

"Take the second letter of the name of your country and think of an animal that has a name starting with that letter." Yami looked him deep in the eyes for dramatic effect.

Yugi did so. He thought of the first animal that came into his mind and focused on it.

"Okay, visualize this color to make it easier on yourself to picture it."

Yugi did as he was told.

Yami smiled.

"Now, like I said in the beginning, it might not have worked, but here it goes."

Yugi leaned in, waiting for Yami's final step or his final statement, which made Yami chuckle a little bit.

"Well?" Yugi said, clearly on the edge of his seat.

"Okay, okay. I was supposed to tell you this in the beginning, but it was in the back of my mind the whole time." Yami chuckled, looking Yugi in the eyes, "But, I should have told you...

"There are NO. GREY. ELEPHANTS. in DENMARK."

Yugi's eyes widened.

HIS COUNTRY WAS DENMARK.

HIS ANIMAL WAS THE ELEPHANT.

HIS COLOR WAS GREY.

How did Yami know???

He must have had a huge astounded look on his face, for Yami burst into laughter.

"It worked!" He doubled over, his laughter filling the room and Yugi's red face lighting up the mood.

"Well, mister Mind Reader Man!" Yugi giggled, "I don't have any mind reading tricks, but I do have a series of jokes for you!"

Yami's laughter came to a stop. He looked at Yugi and tilted his head.

"Hmmmm?" He let out.

"You wanna hear?" Yugi returned, "Just keep in mind that all these jokes, in one way or another, will link together."

Yami turned all his attention to Yugi, still holding his hands and not ever planning on letting them go.

"Okay, give it to me." Yami smiled.

"Alright, how do you put a horse in the fridge in 3 simple steps?" Yugi asked.

Yugi thought about it for a second. Soon, he had his answer.

"Open the door. Put the horse in. Close the door."

Yugi giggled and nodded, "now, what about how to put an ELEPHANT into the fridge in FOUR simple steps? I never said it was a different fridge."

Yami took that into consideration and visualized his problem. But he was stumped. He looked at Yugi and shrugged.

"I dunno."

"Aw, come on yami!" Yugi laughed, "You open the door, take the horse out, put the elephant in, and close the door~!"

Yami laughed slightly.

"Ah, that's cute."

"I'm not done!" Yugi stopped him.

Yami looked back at him, awaiting his next question.

"Now, don't think about this one too much now." Yugi said looking sincerely at Yami, "But you have a plane flying around with 5oo bricks inside it. One falls out. How many do you have on the plane now?"

"That's easy..." Yami looked at him almost as if he was crazy, "You have 499 bricks on the plane."

"Exactly. Now, the lion is throwing a party for ALL the animals and they all go," Yugi returned to his jokes, "Except for one. Which one is that and why can't he go???"

Yami thought back to those fridge jokes.

"The Elephant."

"Why?" Yugi beamed.

"He's stuck in the fridge!!!" Yami laughed, playfully tackling him, "Duh!!"

Yugi laughed, "Okay, last one."

Yami listened.

"A man going swimming in an alligator infested swamp." Yugi said, grinning, "The man dies, but the alligators are no where to be found! Where are the alligators?"

"At the party, of course."

"But how did the man die?"

Yami went silent, not too sure what the answer to that question was. He looked at Yugi and shrugged.He gave the only possible and reasonable answer he could.

"He drowned."

"Nope~!" Yugi gripped Yami's hands back, "A brick fell on his head!!!"

Yami burst into laughter. He had totally forgotten about that brick that had fallen out of the plane.

Yugi beamed when he heard the laughter.

He had only been there for no more than 15 minutes and his night had already been made.

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

25.7K 1K 28
DO NOT READ THIS BOOK! READ THE NEWEST VERSION INSTEAD! ----- Yami Sennen is known as the CEO of one of the biggest companys has ever existed. He is...
23.2K 876 14
Yugi and Joey are always hanging out together since they are best buds till one day they decide to head to a brand new cafe. Joey and Yugi saw two Ma...
40.6K 1.7K 89
Life has always been the same. Eat. Sleep. Work. Repeat. All this while, it has been a hustle. I thought that finally I can take a breather. Until...
9.6K 427 18
[BOOK 1] Yugi Mutou is seventeen and in his senior year at Domino High. He's quiet, shy, and sensitive. He wonders if he will always have the linger...