Forbidden

By --Paperdoll

We crave what we can't have, fall for ones we can't have, can't control our feelings... but that's the beauty... More

Chapter one
Chapter two
Chapter three
Chapter four
Chapter five
Chapter six
Chapter eight
Chapter nine
Chapter ten
Chapter eleven
Chapter twelve
Chapter thirteen
Chapter fourteen
Chapter fifteen
Chapter sixteen
Chapter seventeen
Not an update
Chapter eighteen
Chapter nineteen
Chapter twenty
Chapter twenty-one
Chapter twenty-two
Chapter twenty-three
Chapter twenty-four
Chapter twenty-five
Chapter twenty-six
Chapter twenty-seven
Chapter twenty-eight
Chapter twenty-nine
Chapter thirty
Chapter thirty-one
Chapter thirty-two
Chapter thirty-three
Chapter thirty-four
Chapter thirty-five
Chapter thirty-six
Chapter thirty-seven
Chapter thirty-eight
Chapter thirty-nine
Chapter forty
Chapter forty-one
Chapter forty-two
Chapter forty-three
Chapter forty-four
Chapter forty-five
Chapter forty-six
Chapter forty-seven
Chapter forty-eight
Chapter forty-nine
Chapter fifty
Chapter fifty-one
Chapter fifty-two
Chapter fifty-three
Chapter fifty-four
Chapter fifty-five
Chapter fifty-six
Chapter fifty-seven
Chapter fifty-eight
Chapter fifty-nine
Chapter sixty
Chapter sixty-one
Chapter sixty-two
Chapter sixty-three
Chapter sixty-four
Chapter sixty-five
Chapter sixty-six
Chapter sixty-seven
Chapter sixty-eight
Chapter sixty-nine
Chapter seventy
Chapter seventy-one
Chapter seventy-two
Chapter seventy-three
Chapter seventy-four
Chapter seventy-five
Chapter seventy-six
Chapter seventy-seven
Chapter seventy-eight
Chapter seventy-nine
Chapter eighty
Chapter eighty-one
Chapter eighty-two
Chapter eighty-three
Chapter eighty-four
Epilogue
SEQUEL

Chapter seven

9.7K 398 18
By --Paperdoll

After a restless night now I had a free Sunday and nothing to do, I was lazying around still overthinking about yesterday until I decided to go shooting to clear my thoughts.

My father's office wasn't that far away so I went to visit him.

....

When I enter the police department all of the handsome officers were looking at me. I felt awkward as I was beibg watched at, unwelcomed, until one of them came to me. Blond messy hair, very clear blue eyes.

"What do you want here?" he asked smiling down at me. "Are you looking for anyone in particular?" he furrowed his eyebrows. He's in a police uniform, belt with guns, and is a typical policeman.

"Actually I'm looking for my father." I lowly say shifting from one leg to another.

He's less tense now, face softening as he's gazing at my face with interest, "Okay. But you have to announce yourself earlier and- "

"That's not necessary." My father's firm voice said walking to me."Hey,  sweetie." his tone changing almost immediately, turning softer as he's kissing my forehead.

"Hey, dad." I softly reply.

The officer was surprised when he nervously watched us interact.

"Now, go back to work John I can take care of my daughter." my father ordered him, he nodded back but still stares at me for a while. "What do I own the pleasure of your visit?" dad teased me, then led me away from the working officers glaring at them until they looked away. I giggled a bit awkward.

"I missed you... Why are you scaring them like that dad?" I ask nudging him.

"They should know their place and I don't want them to think they can start anything with you." he retorted.

"But just the other day you said I should find someone." I quietly remind him.

He has a distasteful frown covering his features, "Yes but not someone from the men that work for me." he replied lastly, making me laugh lightly at his weak excuse.

As we're walking nonchalantly around, "Let's go shoot." I exclaimed in a happy tone.

...

We went to the shooting room, he quickly made everything set by pulling out the guns, handing me a magazine full of bullets.

From then on we become silent, putting on the necessary equipment to not harm ourselves, then start firing away.

I was a good aimer and rarely didn't hit the target.

"You're getting better and better Liv." my dad exclaimed proudly when I was done, taking another magazine with bullets, jutting it inside the handle then cocked the gun again.

"I had a good teacher." I replied, expanding my arm forwards. "And it's a stress reliever." I mumble, clicking the gun so a loud thud-band emitted in the air, I got the head of the target now.

"What does an eighteen year old have to stress about?" he scoffed, ignoring his gun for a while. Of course he wouldn't understand. I'm still a kid in his eyes, even if I can handle a gun.

"A lot." I reply firmly. He laughed, teasing me more about being young.

+

Later that day I watch my father work while sipping coffee in his office and he let's me look through his files when I'm not even allowed.

I nearly choked on my coffee when I saw a few photos of Liam and Harry even Zayn.

"Dad.." I whisper.

"You weren't suppose to see that.." he scolds, drawing the things away from my reach but I've already seen them.

Looking away from the files, "Why? I mean..what did they do?" I barely ask.

His brows creased, lips thinning in a line, before he sighed exaggerated, "I don't know...That's why I'm investigating about them. I have no clue as to who they are. No names, no birth date, no work or where they live." he explained distressed. "It's like they don't exist." he mumbled to himself, eyes hanging low in thought.

"But how did you know they are hiding something?"

"I noticed when I talked with him." he tilted his head to Zayn's photo, meeting my concerned stare, "And by the way I want you to be careful. I can't ask you to quit your job but the next time they come to that cafe you call me." he demanded lowly. He was concerned but I won't risk him no matter what. "I'm close to find out what they do. I'm thinking maybe they work for the gang." he thoughtfully uttered.

'They are and one of them is the leader' I added in my mind but chose to hum as a response. I let him work, putting on his police badge and playing around like a little child.

...

"Want to go out for dinner, kiddo? My shift ends in fifteen minutes." he said after we finished our coffee putting his files away. I agreed, food sounds great right now, I was starving.

+

The fancy restaurant looked nice, one of my fathers favorites. I ordered pizza and fries, very unhealthy but I had an urge to eat them. And they looked delicious.

"You're in a fancy restaurant and order fast food." he teased me, then chewed on a piece of his chicken. "Here take some of my chicken with the white sauce." he suggested warmly, pushing his plate to the middle of the table.

"You don't have to tell me twice." I say smiling and dig into my food, then his. He stole some of my fries as well.

"Have you talked with your mother? She's calling right? " he said after swallowing some of his food.

Gulping a bit of water, my eyebrows constricted as I hummed, "Yes. She wants to visit." I began, "In one or two months she'll be here." I explain with a smile. I was eagerly waiting for her to come see me.

"Oh. Well I'm glad she's taking some of her time to see you." he replied, darting his eyes back to his almost cleaned up plate.

I sipped on my water again, I always drink a lot of water after eating, then relaxed on the chair.

There was that feeling again, like someone is watching me, my neck hair went straight from that. I shake it off and play with my hair to distract myself.

"I'm full." I sighed, giving my dad a grateful look, "Thank you dad. I hope we can continue to see each other since it's been a while." I calmly tell him, he rose his eyebrow, "Only because of that?" he mused, skeptical.

"I like your office, what's the big deal?" I teased him and a chuckle erupts from him, before he takes a sip of his white wine.

"Yes we will see each other quite often now that I'm here. I have missed you." he explains, "Are you sure you don't want some dessert?" he questioned after while.

"Of course I want dessert, is that even a real question?" I tease, mock gaping his way. "I just have to use the bathroom." I said, quickly walking off around the well lit restaurant, it was gold and white decorated, making me feel like I belong to some high class and it probably is a five star restaurant since my father's salary is quite big so he doesn't really hold back when it comes to spend money, he never needed to, my mum either as she's a full time job. I make a mental reminder to call her later.

Getting in the spacious bathroom which looked so clean and elegant, it was a shame this bathroom was used like this.

When I finished my necessities I was just wanting to go back to where my dad was, when I saw Zayn... I stop right there.

I take a few moments to look at him. He was talking with someone, eating and sipping wine, wearing a suit, ebony hair was slicked back in a quiff like always but more defined.

When his eyes caught mine, I inhaled sharply, he frowned at me, stopping what he was doing. At least he is alive and looks healthier than the last time I saw him.

We keep looking at each other, his gaze falls to the floor then back at me from his eyelashes, sort of like feeling shy... What?  No he's not, my mind's only tricking me.

He isn't that far away so I can see how his eyes roam my face until I grow uncomfortable... I walk away after that creepy staring between us just as he was standing up. Not going to lie, I was afraid he'd try to come to me or something. But he had only payed while I went quickly back to my dad.

He gave me a last look when he was in front of the door, then left.

After my father and I ate some ice cream for dessert, we bid our goodbye as well.

+

Finally I had something to do when work started again. The gang was no where to be seen, now for weeks and I was relieved.
Tim was as always gleeful and made my days seem happier. Our friendship has gotten closer and closer, we went to the cinema, or recommend each other books to read. I could safely say he was one of my most best friend.

Ben had tried to convince me to take another Saturday shift but I refused, so he went mad and shouted at me. I had never seen him that stressed but I had to tell him that if I have to endure one more time what had happened the last time then I would quit. He apologized, saying that they were making him and understood why I didn't want to. Honestly, I felt guilty that I had refused him in an instant since that meant Zayn could harm him but I just have to think about my own safety first.

Now I was relaxing on my couch and watching some tv shows, my attire consisted of a white shirt, pajama pants, what I usually do after work, get in comfy clothes and lazy around after getting a few house chores done.

My door bell rang just as I'm at the most comfortable position, feeling too good to bother but while groaning annoyed I stand up.

Opening the door I was met with a bouquet of red and white roses.
The courier handed me them, making me sign something before he left.

I closed the door, trying to find any card and finally found one.

"Thank you for stitching me up, bambi."

A bad shiver went down my body, like a twisted warning. I didn't like how they knew where I lived. This was so unnerving as I felt defenseless against him.

Reluctantly I inhaled the roses and left them on a table stalking off back to the couch.

Sitting there anxiously as I tap my feet repeatedly on the black carpet, I didn't want to keep thinking about him but I had a nerve-wrecking feeling that I will meet him again and I know by now that my instinct never fails me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.7K 1K 28
*Do not read without reading Book One of Mistake. * Copyright © 2015 All Rights Reserved Loving someone is extraordinary. It's strange, but it...
52.8K 1.8K 31
"Why do you like to hurt people?" She asked... "I don't, I like to remember I am stronger than I was before." Zayn Malik is known to the Underground...
969 33 34
What happens when you fall in love with your bestie's brother? Will your life turn out to be perfect or else you'll be walking in a living hell? Sar...
1K 76 38
What happens when Zayn Malik, the son of notorious gang leader Yaser Malik finds himself hopelessly drawn to a certain blond-haired ball of energy fr...