The Re- Claim

By JessSolanki

Athena wakes up with no memory of the past year. To what lengths will Theo, Ethan, Charles and all her friend... More

Author's Note
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57 - Part I
Chapter 58 - Part II
Epilogue

Chapter 59

1.1K 51 9
By JessSolanki

Hey Readers!

Yes the A.N. is at the beginning today.

I know I had said the previous chapter is the last, but I just couldn't resist!!!

And so, here is the official final chapter of The Re-claim (I promise) the one after this will be the epilogue. Hope you guys enjoy the chapter and please vote.

-Jessica.S 

*****

It's been a little over two months now since the whole debacle with Amunet. Yes, the council did get a wind of it. Luckily for us only Alexander had found out about it at that point, and so Theo and Ethan paid him a visit in New York, at the headquarters and somehow managed to convince him to not tell the rest of the council members.

How they did it is still beyond me. Maybe my mate and my brother are both really good at convincing? Or is it because Alexander has a soft spot for Ethan?

Guess I'll never know.

Selene and her small coven of kids are now officially part of Crescent pack and under our protection. We are now the first pack to have ever initiated a group of witches. It was a small ceremony where they all swore loyalty to Theo and I and thereafter followed by a feast. They now go by the name, Crescent Coven. The five children also joined our school and although they still get bullied by a few kids, most of pups have accepted them.

What happened to Amunet, you ask?

Well she lasted about four days, which is a lot for a vampire who got bitten by a werewolf, and that too an alpha. Her hallucinations drove her crazy and towards the end, Raphael had no choice but to separate her head from her body and end her. We later also found out that Raphael was the new owner of Kovar fashions. Since, after Amunet he was the biggest and only shareholder, and he was visiting us today on pack lands. Great!

As I stood in our office at home, sipping on some tea, thinking about all that Theo and I have been through over the course of two years, a small knock at the door broke me out of my thoughts.

''Hey,'' Mila whispers, ''I hope I'm not disturbing you guys?''

''Ohh, not at all. What is it?''

She smiles at me and her eyes flicker to my stomach before landing on my face once again. ''They are almost here, we are meeting them at the borders.''

''Great,'' I finish my tea and put the cup down. ''Let's go. I hope I can keep my breakfast down, the vampire stench makes me sick.''

''Maybe you shouldn't come then,'' she glances at me over her shoulder as we walk out the office, ''you'll most certainly throw up from it this time. Especially since- her eyes suddenly light up and she fully turns to face me, ''have you told Theo?''

''He's been gone for over a week, Mila,'' I sigh, ''how could I have possibly told him, I just found out three days ago.''

''I'm so happy for you guys, I can't wait to see Theo's reaction when he finds out you're pregnant!'' she squeals in excitement.

''Shhh!'' I hush her, ''No one knows yet. I want to him to be the first one to know.''

''But I know,'' she wiggles her brows, ''and so does Devin.''

''You don't count!''

She pouts at this and marches ahead. 

''Sorry, I didn't mean it that way, it's just, I really need him to know before anyone else does.'' I quickly follow her and put a hand on her shoulder. ''Sorry?''

''You're forgiven,'' she smiles and hugs. ''Auntie Mila is going to spoil you so much, little one,'' she bends down and speaks 'baby' to my stomach.

''You're mad,'' I snort and walk out the door with her at my heels.

As we approach the borders, Mila's excitement could not be contained. She is beaming ear to ear and even had a skip in her step. ''Continue doing that and Charles might think you're just too excited to see him,'' I chuckle at her.

''Oh right!" she slaps her forehead, ''I'd even forgotten he had left with Theo.''

''Are you being serious right now?'' I quirk an eyebrow.

''Hey, finding out the alpha female is pregnant is huge okay, so excuse me if I didn't miss my mate.''

''Okay, okay,'' I put my hands up in surrender and we continue walking.

We were met by a small group of patrol guards including Hazel and Noah, who are sporting identical smiles on their faces.

''Devin told you, didn't he?'' I roll my eyes at the pair.

''Congratulations,'' Hazel envelopes me into a hug as does Noah, and they both laugh.

''Shhh, shhhh, not so loud. No one knows.''

''Ohh, okay. We won't breathe a word,'' Noah replies and mimics zipping his lips.

''They are here guys,'' Mila announces.

The patrol part their way for me to pass through. Mila and Hazel flank me from either side. The rotting stench of the vampire begins wafting through the air, and with that so does my need to throw up, but one look at Theo and I pushed it all down.

His eyes lit up as they met mine, a small smile makes its way and I wink at him playfully. That action did not go un-noticed by Raphael and Leo, who I did not know was coming.

''Alpha Athena,'' Raphael bows his head, which to be honest really surprised me. But then again, he was the one who called for a meeting with the alphas. ''Looking beautiful and radiant as always,'' he continues and takes my hand in his before placing a small kiss to it.

''Ahem,'' Theo clears his throat and the vampire immediately drops it. A few chuckles go around for a few seconds before we are all enveloped into a slightly awkward silence.

''Permission to enter your lands, ma'am?'' Raphael asks, his gaze unwavering and his pose steady and confident.

''You may,'' I nod and smile at him, although my wolf was still wary of him.

''Pardon me if I make a face, I'm trying to get used to your werewolf stenches all hitting me at once,'' he says, trying to keep a straight face but failing miserably.

''Likewise, Raphael,'' I smirk at him, and as if on cue, I'm hit with nausea and my bagel from this morning comes up.

''I'm sorry,'' I excuse myself from the group and run to the nearest tree and throw up. Theo is immediately at my side, pushing my hair behind and rubbing my back as are a few warriors who are now surrounding us from a distance.

''Love, are you okay?'' his eyes are wide with concern.

''Mmhmm,'' I reply as another round of vomit hits me.

''Somebody get some water!'' He shouts. His voice so loud it kept ringing in my head for a few seconds longer than normal.

I put my hand on the tree for support and lean back, taking in deep breathes. As soon as Theo sees that I'm doing okay, he marches up to the clueless vampire and grabs him by the collar, ''what did you do to her?'' his eyes blazing with anger I've never seen him display before.

''I beg your pardon?'' Raphael's eyes widen. ''Do you think I'm stupid?'' he tilts his head to the side and peels Theo's hands from his shirt, ''You think I'd hurt your mate on your lands? I'm here to make peace.''

''Then what's wrong with her, she was fine a while ago?!'' My mate growls, his wolf trying to take over.

Raphael glances over at me and smirks knowingly, '' will you tell him, or should I?''

What the what?

How did he know?

I stare at him dumbfounded, my mouth agape. ''H-How?'' I splutter, my mouth opening and closing like a fish.

''Love, what is he talking about?'' Theo faces me, just as someone comes running with a bottle of water. I thank the young girl and gulp down its contents.

''Umm, can we talk, in private?'' I bite my lip nervously.

''Yeah sure,'' he quickly nods. ''Charles, please show our guests to the pack house meeting room, Athena and I will join you all soon.''

He then entwines our fingers and leads me towards our house, while the small group follows Charles to the pack house. As soon as we are out of earshot he stops walking and faces me square. ''Athena, what is going on?''

I stare at his perfectly chiseled jaw, his light brown eyes looking at me in concern, my gaze travels to the scar next to his left ear, my fingers itching to touch it and trail it down his neck, past the mark.

''Why are you looking at me like that and why are you smiling so much?'' his eyebrows furrow and he puts his hand on my forehead to check my temperature.

''You're beautiful and I'm so lucky to have you as my mate. You complete me in every way, I love you so much,'' I tip toe and kiss him softly on his lips.

His concern grows and I sense his wolf getting agitated. ''Athena, please tell me what's happening, you're worrying me.''

''I'm pregnant.''

I waited with bated breath for five seconds, which became ten, then fifteen, twenty, thirty......

It took him a whole minute to fully digest what I had just told him. ''Please tell me you're not joking.''

''I'm not,'' I reply. ''Here,'' I take my hand in his and put it on my stomach. ''Five weeks now. At least that's what Devin said.''

''Love, I- I-'' his voice breaks and a single tear rolls down his cheek. ''You're pregnant,'' he gasps, like he was still not believing it. ''We're going to be parents.''

''Yes, we are,'' I nod and sniff as my eyes brim with tears too.

''I love you so much,'' he pulls me into a hug and kisses my forehead.

''Me too,'' I wrap my arms around him, and we stay like that for a few more minutes, just basking in happiness.

''Who else knows,'' he asks after we break the hug and begin walking toward the pack house.

''Just Mila since she was with me, Hazel, Noah and Cathy because Devin told them of course. Oh and Raphael too, I don't know how he knew though.''

''What about the rest?''

''I wanted us to announce it together,'' I squeeze his hand.

''I'd like that very much. All the alphas are coming here anyway, we'll ask chef Perez to prepare tons of food tonight and have a small celebration,'' Theo says and continues talking and planning an impromptu party. I couldn't help but admire him as he continued yapping about it. Happiness was radiating from him and it latched on to me too as I continued looking at him, a silly smile playing on my face. Oh goddess, I love this man so much.

As soon as we get to the pack house, the happy, bubbly atmosphere dissipates and is replaced with a serious and dull one. Everyone is scattered about the room, some people are by the window, talking while others are seated around the oval table whispering to themselves.

My eyes catch Ashton Walkers' as soon as I walk in. He sends a small nod and I replicate the action. There is some animosity between us after he tried to land a hand on me, but otherwise we are good. Olivia, who remained a good friend towards me, shakes her head at her mate and in two strides crosses the room and pulls me into a hug.

''Hey,'' I chuckle as I return the hug. ''You well, how's Oliver?'' I ask, referring to her baby boy, who is the cutest little munchkin I've seen, after Ava of course. Though I wouldn't say that to Olivia's face. Ashton and her named their boy after themselves, literally. They just did a play on their names and named the baby, Oliver Asher Walker.

Which is not bad, come to think of it. What would we name ours? Theodora, if it's a girl? Maybe, Anthony if it's a boy? Is that even a play for my name?

''- and then he just burped and it was the cutest thing ever,'' Olivia slaps a hand on my shoulder which brings me back to reality. ''I think Ashton teared up when Oliver did it the first time, such a softie he is. Though don't tell him I said that,'' she whispers quietly in my ear.

''I promise I won't,'' I chuckle, having not heard half of what she was even talking about in the first place.

''Now that we are all here, let's begin,'' Theo places his hand on my waist and guides me to one of the two chairs placed at the head of the table. I take my seat and he follows suit, as do Charles and Mila on the opposite end.

It was a long meeting which lasted two hours. Two hours of us negotiating with the vampires on how the treaty should be extended and instead of us just being rivals, we could be allies and help each other in times of need. Raphael stated he is now the head of Amunet's coven, and he would prefer things to change and for us to at least try to be friends. At some point, Selene joined the meeting and we discussed the matter further from a witch's point of view.

In the end we all came to a conclusive decision to live in peace and lookout for each other. We then shook hands and toasted to it. Thankfully, everyone was busy smiling and chatting with each other, so they didn't notice me not drinking.

It was a beginning of a new era and all was well. Theo and I made the announcement that night to our family and friends. Everyone was so happy, there was dance and music and joy all around the pack house. My mom was beyond happy, as was Lila. The both of them hugged me tight and even had tears in their eyes.

''I can't believe, I'm going to be grandma,'' Lila gushed, her hands squeezed mine tightly, ''though I prefer the term nana. I'm going to be a Nana.''

''My grandmother name will be Oma,'' my mom chirped in as they both begun chattering over their future grandchild.

''That's the happiest I have seen the both of them in a long time,'' Theo whispered to me from my right. ''Want to give everyone another reason to celebrate?'' he asked and before I could even respond to his question, he was down on one knee asking me another one.

''Oh goddess!''

''Athena Robinson, will you marry me?''

There were gasps and squeals of excitement all around the room. Theo had rendered me speechless just like I had done to him that morning. When I finally said yes, the squeals changed to screams and even more tears were spilled that night. Tears of joy though.

Theo and I got married a week later by the lake. It was a small intimate ceremony between our families and close friends. We even asked Leo to extend his stay, but he had to get back to his pack after staying away for so long. Honestly though, I think he just wanted to get away from Elena, who was constantly throwing herself at him now that Theo was 'officially' taken.

Her words, not mine.

Goddess, the woman really needs to find her mate.

We held a grand reception where the whole pack celebrated until the break of dawn. Ashton and Sean were drunk that night and even engaged in a chugging contest which led to Michelle dragging her brother away and ended up getting herself covered in vomit.

All in all, things were looking good for us, but as they say, dark times are always looming around the corner, and it was on that fateful day that it happened.

A month had passed since our wedding and Theo and I were having breakfast that morning. ''This is a lot of food,'' I said in between bites.

''There is nothing like a lot of food,'' Theo replied while sipping his coffee. Ughhh, I missed coffee. The smell of freshly ground beans wafted through my nostrils sending every nerve in my body into a frenzy.

''Love? Love?'' Theo snaps his fingers in front of my face.

''Stop staring at my coffee like that and finish your milk.''

''Fine!'' I rolled my eyes at him and downed my cup of milk.

''Good. Now eat this,'' He pushed a plate of waffles towards me.

''I cannot eat anymore!''

''You have to Athena, the baby needs it.''

''But I'm so stuffed,'' I release a huff and lean back on my chair. ''I don't think I can eat any more.''

''You won't be saying that in the next hour when you'll be gobbling up those waffles like a monster,'' Charles sauntered in my home and Mila closely behind him.

''What makes you think you can walk inside my home like you own it?'' I took a bite out of the cookie chef Perez had sent. It should be no surprise that the cookies were the one thing that I had begun craving.

''Been doing it for years now and I don't plan on stopping,'' he smirks and takes the cookie out of my hand.

''Heyy!! Shame on you!'' I tried to kick him, but he moved out of the way faster than I had anticipated.

''Hah, missed! Pregnancy has made you slow Athena!"' he chomps on MY cookie and continues chuckling.

''You do not take food from a pregnant woman Charles! You- ahhh,'' I clutched my stomach as I felt a jolt of pain.

All the jokes immediately dissipated, and Theo and Charles were by my side in an instant. ''What happened?'' Theo begun rubbing my back slowly.

''Athena are you okay?''

''You need to lie down.'' Mila quickly arranged the pillows on the couch while the two men assisted me to it.

''What happened love?'' Theo's one hand was rubbing my back while the other rested on my small bump.

''I think it was a cramp,'' I slowly inhaled and exhaled as I relaxed on the sofa. ''It's gone now, nothing to worry about.''

''Are you sure?'' Mila looked at me worriedly, her phone at the ready as she tried to google something.

''I'm sure,'' I reassure her, '' don't worry you guys. I'm fine, I'll up in a matter of minutes and we can go to work.''

''Or you can stay here and relax,'' Charles suggested, and Theo nodded in agreement.

''Chill out, you guys. Nothing is wrong, It was a small cramp and I'm okay now. Come on we have work to do. The two of you need to sort out the pack finances, and the two of us,'' I point between Mila and me, ''need to pay a visit to the pack school and take a look at our education program, before I focus working on Nightshade. Come on people, chop-chop. We have work to do.''

I got up from the couch, gathered my files and coat and waited for the others who still had worried looks on their faces. ''Oh come on you guys, there is nothing to be worried about!''

Since no one would dare argue against a pregnant woman, they all just obliged and followed me. As we kissed our mates and parted ways, Mila and I began conversing on ways to improve our packs education, keeping in mind that we had witches and warlocks too now. With the help of Cathy, who was a teacher at the school and the principal, we managed to discuss a lot of stuff.

It was not until towards lunch time when we were walking around the school corridors, did I feel the pain in my stomach. Only this time it was much more intense than the last. It was a cramp yes, but this one lasted for almost thirty seconds.

A small whimper escaped me, and I had to bite down my lip, so as not to emit any noises, and then I saw it, the blood rolling down my inner thighs. I couldn't help it anymore and screamed, both in pain and in horror.

Mila, Cathy and principal all whipped their heads around at the same time and stared in horror while I clutched my stomach in pain, as I slid down the wall. Tears were already rolling down my cheeks for I knew what was happening, I was losing my baby.

''Oh goddess, Athena!!" Cathy came running forward, throwing her files on the desk of a nearby empty classroom.

''Get my husband!!'' I grab the collar of her shirt and growl in her face.

''We need to get her to the hospital,'' Principal Brown says as he rolls his sleeves up and prepares to lift me. ''Tell the alpha, to meet us at there,'' He orders Cathy who is trying to mind link Theo.

''Athena, stay awake please,'' Mila follows the principal and I, her hand rubbing my limp one as she tries to keep me conscious.

''Beta female Mila, please run to the hospital and ask Dr. Devin to prepare a room for the alpha.''

Mila drops my hand and jogs a little before transforming into her wolf and running to the hospital which is quite a distance away from the school.

''Hang in there alpha Athena,'' Principal Brown, whispers softly. But the pain was becoming unbearable, and the bleeding increased. I'm sure the front of his shirt would be covered in my blood.

''Almost there,'' he suddenly says. I try to look up from his arms, but i'm hit with a wave of dizziness. I must have lost a lot of blood to feel this way and the pain that I'm feeling seems to have no intention of going anytime soon. ''Please stay awake alpha.''

My eyes rolled to the back and I started to lose consciousness. If it weren't for the leathery, musky scent that enveloped me and awakened me, I might just have given into the darkness.

''Put her on the stretcher here,'' another voice speaks, which was definitely not my husbands. I felt myself being placed on the stretcher and a warm hand, which sent my nerves in a frenzy pushes my hair back.

''We will get through this, love. I promise,'' he whispered and placed a chaste kiss on my forehead before I was rolled into the operation theatre, tears flowing freely from my eyes as I clutched my stomach, covered in my own blood.

When I woke up a few hours later, I was met with two sets of worried eyes, Theo and Devin. The latter was looking through some reports while explaining them to Theo, who looked devastated. When his gaze met mine, his eyes lit up for about second before he remembered what had happened.

''Theo, I'm so sorry,'' I break into a sob. He was immediately by my side, hugging me tight. I gasp in pain from the sudden pressure. For some reason, my whole body was sore, and I didn't even know why.

''No, no, no, Athena no,'' he cradles me in his arms and whispers softly, ''you have nothing to be sorry for. It was not your fault.''

I look over at Devin who is looking at the both of us in pity. ''I'd like to be alone with him please, if you don't mind.''

''Sure,'' he nods respectfully, ''although somebody will be coming to change the sheets. From what we saw and per the reports, you will be bleeding for at least four more day before it finally stops,'' he explains carefully and begins to walk out.

''Uhh Devin?'' I call out to him. He stops and glances at me over his shoulder, waiting for me to continue. I open my mouth, but words fail to come out. I knew what I wanted to ask him, and a part of me even knew the answer, but I just wanted to be sure. ''Did I-'' my voice breaks, ''Uhh-did I really-?''

''Yes, you did,'' his eyes soften, and he nods solemnly, ''my condolences to you both,'' his gaze flickers to Theo, before he nods once again and leaves the room, closing the door behind him.

The moment our eyes met, I was not able to hold on to the grief anymore.

''We lost our baby!'' I cry out to Theo and clutch on to him even tighter. ''Theo- my baby, I lost it, I-ours- our baby!'' I break into sobs, not able to contain my grief any longer. My baby, that I had carried for three months! Six more months and he or she would have set foot into the world. My wolf who was already so protective of her cub, was broken as well. She retreated to the back of my mind to grieve on her own and I let her. We both needed our space.

''Love, look at me.''

But I couldn't. I could not bring myself to face him. Of all the times I've hurt him, this might be the worst yet. He is such a good man, he does not deserve this. He does not deserve me. He deserves someone better, someone who will not cause problems for him, someone who will not leave him when his hurting, someone who can give him healthy babies who will live and grow up in front of his eyes.

Not me, but someone else. Because I did the exact opposite of everything I just listed. Heck, even Elena Cavanaugh sounds like a better option than me.

''You should leave me.'' I found myself whispering to him.

''I beg your pardon?'' he drops my hand and takes a step back.

''I said, you should leave me,'' I gulp. Then with whatever courage I could muster, I look up at him, tears welling up in my eyes once again. ''You can do so much better than me, Theo. You deserve someone who will love you and give you babies and be a good mate and not cause trouble for you every step of the way like the way I do. You don't deserve all this pain and suffering. You are-''

''Stop right there.'' He closes the distance between us and cups my cheek with one hand while he wipes my tears with the other. ''You are my wife, Athena, and no one, not even the moon goddess, not even you yourself can tell me to leave you, because I won't. My love for you burns even brighter than the sun. Come rain, come storm, come hell, come heaven, I will never ever leave you. May this be the last time you say something like that to me Athena, you hear me?''

''But Theo, do you see the wringer that I've put you through?'' I try to get him to drop his hand from my cheek, but it doesn't move an inch. His hold was soft yet firm, indicating that he had no intention of letting go.

''Given the chance, I would do it all over again,'' he leans down and his forehead meets mine. ''every single thing we went through was worth it, the love, the fun, the memories, even the pain, the struggle and the hurt. All of it. When will you get it, love, I'm never leaving you.''

I wrap my hands around his torso and break into more sobs. I was overwhelmed with feelings. On one side I was hurting over the loss of my baby, who I carried for three months and on the other hand I was grateful for having a husband and mate like Theo in my life, who has supported me every step of the way. I just felt a lot of emotions rush through me at the same time.

''Cry it out, love,'' he rubs my back slowly, ''cry as much as you want, I'm here for you. I'll forever be here for you,'' he kisses my forehead as I tighten my arms around him.

Time and again he has proven that he will always be in my corner, no matter what, and deep down I know that he will always be there for me, as will I. Yes, my overthinking and mostly cynical thoughts about everything usually lead me to making some bad decisions, but Theo is always there to bring me back to reality.

He was my forever, as I was his.

***THE END***

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6K 481 21
Alexa an auburn-haired female alpha is fighting fang and claw to survive after splitting up with her sister, fighting rouges left and right. She come...
1.3M 36.6K 45
The ground shook. The battle began. Blood spilled. The Alpha died. The luna escaped with her new born child. 17 years later. Meet Athena a 17-year ol...
9K 360 21
Welcome back! If you haven't read My Sister's Boyfriend, GO BACK (but not before following and adding this to your library) and CATCH UP! Wyd?!? ***...
228K 6.4K 33
FORGIVENESS is the best form of love... it takes a strong person to say SORRY and an even stronger person to FORGIVE... ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~...