-Our Similarities- S.Todoroki...

By mha_aura_oc

The story of a girl who has been through hell and back. She is the product of a quirk marriage between her fa... More

Full Description of Story
Character Description
00
01
02
04
05
Akira Kurostuki
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
-Ranting-
23
24
25
26

03

1.9K 58 3
By mha_aura_oc

Akira's POV 

I jump down from the tree branch and look around the area. We are in a forest like area, so there are trees everywhere. I look to my right, and see that there are sun rays peeking through the tree branches. In my opinion, it looked pretty, so I took a picture of it. I then went in the middle of a few trees in the area, and laid down in the grass. As I suspected, the sight was pretty, so I took another picture. I then stood up and started walking towards Momo.

"Actually, can the playing wait? I don't want to go home quite yet." She looked at me and smiled.

"We can just go to my house. I have a piano remember? After you're done playing, you can stay for a bit." I nodded and smiled slightly. 

We walked out of the forest-like area and made our way to her house(more like mansion). On the way, we made small talk, however, what she said stuck with me. I know it's my quirk, however, every time I use it, it's like all of those negative memories come crashing down on me again. He hurt and abused my mother with his quirk sometimes, and every time he did, I just so happened to see it. He damaged her mentally and physically, as well as he did me. He hurt us with it, and every time I use it, it reminds me of what he did to me and her. It's too painful to relive again.

I guess Momo noticed my spacing out because she brought me out of my thoughts.

"Are you okay?" I looked at her blankly and nodded.

"Yeah, I'm just thinking about what you said." She looked at me and nodded.

We are now in front of her gate. It opens and we step inside. While we are walking to the front door, I survey the surroundings. It always looked so clean and beautiful here. We now go inside the mansion and we take off our shoes. She brings me to where the piano is, and I ask her if it's tuned. She nods and sits next to the piano. I sit on the stool and play a few notes, thinking of what I should play.

".....What should I play?" She looks at me and suggests one of my favorite pieces.

"Chopin's Ballade No.1 in G minor." I nod, and play the first note.

[Play song now]

"Akira.... my baby.... I'm so sorry" My mother says while crying. She was helping my get cleaned up after my training session. She always helped my after the sessions. After every session, she always started crying. She saw my beaten up, bruised, scratched, scarred, and exhausted body. She hated seeing me in such a state on a daily basis. She would try to get my father to shorten my training sessions, but it never worked. In her attempts to stop it, she would get slapped, he would start yelling at her, she would start yelling back, then she gets hit again. Then I would try and step in and yell at my father for hitting my mother, then he would slap me, and then finally use his quirk on both of us to harm us. After that, he would glare at us, then leave. Once, he'd leave, my mother would start crying.

I always hated it when she'd cry. I always hated that I was part of the reason most of the time. I always hated when she was sad. Her eyes, so filled with depression. I knew she was tired of this always happening. I knew she was mentally exhausted. She was in pain, and I could tell. I knew she felt empty, pain shrouded her heart. I wish she would've shown me that happy shine in her eyes one more time. I always wanted the sadness and pain to evaporate from her. I wanted to see the true beauty she held when she was truly happy. I didn't want that pain and sadness to taint her beautiful face. I always longed for her to smile. However, when she looked at me, she was always sad. It all began once I developed my quirk. I could tell that she wasn't very happy before I was born, but she was able to smile a genuine smile. Now, she can't at all. 

She was always such a caring person. She was beautiful, strong, smart, everything to me. She was a great hero, so comforting. I always admired that about her. I wish I could hold so much care. She was strong, but when it came to my father, she was weak. He made her defenseless, something I hated witnessing. Such a strong woman, reduced to a mess because of him. He made her sanity decrease. He made her crazy. I hated her looking so weak in front of him, however, I can't blame her. She was abused by him for so long, she couldn't take it anymore. Such a strong, and smart woman, reduced to an insane lunatic. His abuse lead her to take her own life. Right in front of all of us. He pushed her over the edge for the last time, and she snapped. Someone so important to the family, to the world, was lost because of her abusive "husband". In the last moments, she was crying hysterically out of grief, depression, and sorrow.

Seeing her cry made me watery eyed. I never liked seeing her cry, it made me weak.

"Mom, it's not your fault. None of it is." I let the tears flow as she hugged me. It was one of the last hugs she gave me. If I knew that fact, I would've never let go.

"Aki, you have to promise me to be strong. Never loose sight of what you want to do. If this is not something you want to do, then don't do it. You are your own person, don't let your father control you. You don't have to go down the path he laid out for you."

I nodded "I don't want to be like him. I don't want to hurt people. I want to save."

she looked at me and smiled genuine one. " Be the hero you want to be. Don't let that man control you. Don't give in to his chains. I want you to break free and be yourself. Don't let him get to you like he did to me. Break free for me, do it for me because I couldn't. Please? When the time comes, I want you to let go and move past this. Be yourself, and don't hold back on anything. Will you do that for me?"

I nod my head yes and wipe my tears.

"Aki, no matter what happens and whatever I do, I will always love you. All three of you, I will love you forever and beyond."

I nod my head. I know she said that for a reason, she was going to do something in the near future, but I kept it to myself. That was the last time she told me she loved all of us, before she started to neglect us. That's when her sanity started to decrease. If I knew that was going to be the last time I heard her say it, I would've latched myself onto her again. I would've asked her not to leave.

"I love you too Mom."

She finished cleaning me up and told me to take a shower. I did so, and once I was done, I saw her by the piano in my room. I always loved when she played. She played skillfully and gracefully. She poured her heart and soul into playing it. It was always soothing to hear her play. It always calmed me down. It also let me know how she was feeling. She played this exact same piece to me sometimes before I went to bed. It always lulled me to sleep. Once I was asleep, she kissed my head and told me "Goodnight" and she left the room. She's the one that started my passion for music, she's the one who taught me how to play. She was the one who taught me how play with emotion. She told me everything. She played such an important role in my life. She taught me everything. When we were together, we were in our own little world. Just me and her. She would play, and teach me along the way. Music was our getaway. She taught me other instruments and we would do duets. We would do it when I had the free time. I don't know if she realized how important she was to me. I would look forward to these little moments we had. Even though they were short-lived and just everyday things, it distracted me from all of the horrible things that were happening to our family. It distracted me from reality.

Oh, how I oh so much loved those moments. When it was just me and her. Nothing to worry about, when it was peaceful. I miss them. I miss hearing how she played. I miss her existence. She was everything to me, she was the only one that made me feel wanted besides my brothers. She was my light, just as I was hers. I miss hearing her soothing voice. I miss hearing her emotions. I miss her. I wish she stayed. I wish things didn't end up the way they did. I wish she was still here. She had her whole life ahead of her, so young. Yet, she couldn't stay. I want to see her again. Even if it is just one last time. I just want to see her. I want to hug her. I long for her embrace, her love. I want to tell her how much I love her, how much I wished she would've stayed. I want to tell her I miss her. I want her to be in front of my again. I want her to be happy and show me a smile, to give me a kiss on the cheek and tell me everything is going to be okay. I want to be in her caring aura again. I want her comfort. I miss her.... so very much.

I want to ask and tell her so much. I want to tell her that my father is hurting me. I want her to save me from falling deeper into the darkness that has made it's way into my mind. I want recognition. I want love. I want it from her. I want her opinions. I want her to hear me play. I want her attention. I want her to tell me I'm wrong. I want her to tell me that she's free. I want to tell her my journey to be a hero is starting. I want to hear her laugh. Something I have never heard or see her do. I want to see her beautiful face again. I want her to see how much I've grown. I want her to acknowledge all of my accomplishments. I want her to see my brothers again, and no doubt they would want to see her too. I want her to come back and love us again. I want her to see how strong my brothers have become. I want her to compliment us on how well we've been doing. I want to tell her that I am keeping my promise. I want her to guide me through this hell. I want her to help me see the light. I want her guidance on what I should do. I want to tell her I am lost, and I can't seem to find my way back.

 I want to cry my eyes out in front of her. I want to let go of these emotions I have been hiding for the longest time. I want to tell her I'm exhausted. I want to tell her that I'm tired. I want to tell her that I sometimes find it hard to get up in the mornings. I want her to give some positivity in this hellhole. I want her to take away my depression and pessimism, and give me something to look forward to. I want to tell her that I'm not okay. I want to tell her that I am breaking. I want to tell her that I'm in pain and I need her love. I need her reassurance. I want to know I'm doing a good job. I want her approval. I want to know how she thinks of me doing this. I want her to tell me my wrongs, and how to correct them. I want to hear her opinion. I want to hear her again. I want her to say "I love you" again. I want her to be here with me. I want her to say she's proud of me. I have never had anyone say that to me before. I want to hear it from her. I want to know she's happy. I want to know she's okay. I want her to smile for me. I just want her to be here again. I want to tell her how much pain her death caused me. I want her to help me. I just want her here with me.

I miss her so much...

I play the final part of the piece, tears rolling down my cheeks. I have never cried when playing this piece before. I guess it's from thinking of my mother. These tears are not nearly enough to cover for all of the pain I have been holding in for years, but it's a start. This piece was the exact same piece she would play for me to sleep peacefully. I wish I could hear it again. I finish the piece, and start letting a few more tears fall. Once I'm done, I wipe my eyes and look at Momo. She really does remind me of my mother. She gives me a sad look and rushes over to hug me. I return the hug reluctantly.

"It was beautiful. Thank you for playing for me again." I look at her and nod. Even though we are friends, I don't talk a lot. I'm not a very vocal person. She doesn't seem to mind though.

"Thank you for allowing me to use your piano." She just smiles and shrugs, but says "you're welcome" anyways.

I stand up from the stool and walk towards the door. Momo follows me and leads me to her room. We stay in there for a few hours, doing whatever, until I get a text from Mizuki.

Mizuki: Dad wants you home, he needs to talk to you about something.

Akira: Do you know what it is he wants to talk about?

Mizuki: No, he didn't give me context. He just told me to tell you to come home.

Akira: Okay I'll be there in a few minutes

Mizuki: Okay, I'll tell him. Also, he got pissed at what you told me to tell him earlier.

Akira: When is he not?

Mizuki: Good point

I sigh and Get off of Momo's bed.

"I have to go home now. Thank you for letting me stay here for a while." She smiles and nods.

"It's no problem. I like having your company." I look at her and show her a small smile. She leads me downstairs to the front door and allows me to put my shoes. She then leads me outside. I see it is almost sundown. Momo asks me if I want her to come with me. 

"No, I'll be fine. Thank you for offering though." She nods and smiles. She waves good-bye as I do the same. I start walking in the direction towards my house.

"Now, let's see what he wants."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

564K 9K 18
[Currently being rewritten] "Wait I been fucking a Todoroki all along?" Trama was a word to describe their life. Being the second oldest of the Todor...
894K 27.2K 69
(DISCONTINUED) (Y/n) (M/n) (L/n) was the daughter of two very well known and very dangerous villains Ozul and Argo, but the world doesn't know that t...
422K 12.5K 51
🐱 This book is available in Polish (@_bluef0x) and Italian (@kamisamapotter4ever), thanks to these WONDERFUL people (you can also check them out on...
3.3K 133 16
You are the daughter of the pro heroes Electoplant and Flying Falcon. Since they aren't around a lot, you never really see them. This story star...