Chapter Seventeen

Start from the beginning

"How are you at home?"

Wonwoo stopped what he was doing and started to think.

"Lonely I guess."

"My house is really far from other neighbors. So I have no friend the same age as me. All the maids in the house were basically my friends. I spent most of my time reading."

As they were talking, Wonwoo got a phone call. It's from his butler. He already arrived. The two brought their things out. Mingyu was shocked when he saw the expensive car. A man in a luxurious butler tuxedo stood by the car. Seongsu bowed 90° at Wonwoo.

"Good afternoon young master. How are you? How was your break so far?" Seongsu greeted in a very formal way.

"I told you not to do that when we're in public." Wonwoo said.

"My mistake. How are you... Wonu?" the butler smiled.

"I'm fine. I'm enjoying my break." Wonwoo smiled back at the man.

"This is Mingyu. My friend from college. He will tag along with me." Mingyu bowed a bit and offered his hand.

The butler smiled and shook the hand. He looked at Mingyu and then at Wonwoo.

"I'm gonna grab a few things left." Mingyu said and excused himself.

"So..." Seongsu said as soon as Mingyu entered the house.

"A friend or... that 'friend'?" the butler teased Wonwoo.

The latter was caught off guard by the question.

"T-take the luggage into the trunk." He ordered the man.

"Yes, master." Seongsu quickly grabbed all the luggage.

Seongsu was the first person to know about Wonwoo's sexuality. He's Wonwoo's first friend after all. The butler knew everything about Wonwoo. He's been with Wonwoo since the latter was a little boy.

Later, Mingyu came out with his mom. Mrs. Kim packed some food for them and yes, she also was shocked when she saw the car. Seongsu came and politely took the food.

"Thank you for taking care of young master for me. I really appreciate your hospitality." The butler bowed 90° at the mother.

"Such a well-mannered man. May I know who I am speaking to?" she said after a bit of shock.

"This is-" Wonwoo's word got cut by Seongsu.

"I'm Seongsu. Young master Wonwoo's butler." The man smiled. Mrs. Kim was shocked again by the introduction.

"How many do I have to tell you? Don't be so formal when we're in public." Wonwoo whined.

"I'll be waiting in the car." Seongsu said and got into the driver's seat.

"Thank you, auntie, for taking care of me." Wonwoo said.

"It's okay. I already considered you as my son. Visit us anytime you're free." The woman said and hugged Wonwoo. He hugged her back.

The two got into the car and the butler drove away.

---

Wonwoo looked at the very familiar gate. It immediately opened the moment the car was in sight of the CCTV. He looked at all the trees passed by and remembered how peaceful it was here. The air was a lot fresher than in the town. He turned to his side and looked at sleeping Mingyu. The boy slept the whole journey. Lightly tapping Mingyu's thigh, he woke up the boy.