Chapter 12

Wonwoo fiddled with his fingers while he sat on the couch. He was so nervous. Today, he's going on a date with Mingyu. Wait, no. Not a date. Just a hangout. They're going to hang out together. That Wonwoo didn't know where. What if Mingyu kidnapped him? What if Mingyu brought him somewhere far away and left him? Wonwoo started to imagine all the possibilities that could possibly happen.

Suddenly, someone knocked on the door, jumped Wonwoo. He looked at it, panicked for a second before opening the door. Mingyu grinned when he met face to face with Wonwoo.

"Ready to go?" Mingyu asked.

"Yeah." Wonwoo said after he grabbed his wallet.

"Let's go." Mingyu grabbed the latter's hand and dragged him away.

The two got into a cab and left the place. The journey was silent for a while as both of them were busy on their phone. Wonwoo started to look outside the window when the surroundings began to change. He knew this road, but he didn't frequently come here.

"Where are we going?" Wonwoo asked as he looked at the boy beside him.

Mingyu was a bit taken back by the question. It reminded him of the first night they met. Exactly like this. Both of them were in the cab but they didn't go to Wonwoo's place and Wonwoo wasn't cuddling to him.

"You will know soon." Mingyu replied.

15 minutes later, they stopped. Wonwoo was a bit shocked when he looked outside. It's an amusement park. Mingyu paid for the cab and they both got out.

"Why here?"

"I never see you smile or laugh. So I think I should bring you to something like this to cheer you up." Mingyu smiled.

Wonwoo blushed as he looked away. Once again, Mingyu made his heart fluttered. His denial about this being a date was getting harder. Like hello, it's an amusement park. The most typical place to date. They went to the ticket booth and Wonwoo took out his money to pay but Mingyu stopped him.

"You've planned everything. At least let me pay for the tickets." Wonwoo said as he handed the money to the worker.

They got their tickets and headed straight into the park. The two walked around for a while as they looked at what the park had.

"What do you want to ride first?" Mingyu asked.

Wonwoo looked around and he pointed upward. Mingyu looked at the direction and frowned. A roller coaster. Maybe an amusement park is not a good idea. Mingyu thought. He forgot that he was a scaredy-cat. He was afraid of height and the roller coaster just made it worse.

"Maybe we could try something else first?"

"No. I want to ride that." Wonwoo said and walked straight to the line.

Mingyu let out a sigh and followed the latter. Time passed as the line got shorter and shorter. Mingyu had cold feet. His palms started to sweat. Wonwoo at the side was so excited. Mingyu thought of wanting to step aside and let Wonwoo go on the ride alone but for sure the latter would look down on him. Plus, he wanted to see Wonwoo happy.

Finally, it's their turn. They got to sit in the third row. Before the roller coaster could even go down, Mingyu was already screaming like crazy. Every turn, the scream just got louder and louder. He started to regret everything. Mingyu peeked to the side to check on Wonwoo. The latter literally tossed his hands in the air and screamed of joy, enjoying his life at the best. Unlike Mingyu, who was holding the metal bar like his life was depending on it.