EUPHORIA

Why?

After all of the suffering and pain, finally, I can stand back. Head held high as I go through day by day. I've changed. I'm not the old me anymore. Living my life like an adventure. Making you a history, a lesson. I'm happy that I can forget you. Even though I'm lonely, I'm free.

But then you came back into my mind.

The first encounter with you. I thought it was serendipity. I thought that I finally found true love. Being beside you is all I want. My happiness is to be in that warm embrace, feel protected. But everything changes in one night. The night that you tortured me. I saw there's no love in your eyes. I curse myself for being too weak! I hate myself that I let you hurt me. Now I realized how much I hate you. How much I want you to go away, to die. My happiness turned into sorrow. I feel disgusted by that embrace that I thought was warm and protective. And then you left without any apology.

Now I'm alone, strong but the fear is still inside me. Afraid of being loved overwhelming me. I'm traumatized thinking that love will hurt me again. Fear of being embraced by others grows inside me. You even make me afraid of making friends. Make me feel I don't deserve people around me because of my past.

Am I ever experiencing that euphoria again?