Chapter 10

Mateos pov:
      I was worried out of my mind. I was pacing all over the hospital waiting room. And yes there's a hospital... IN THEIR HOUSE. I didn't care though. I only cared about Eclipse being ok and safe. As soon as her father said she was having a seizure my heart sunk. I was so scared. We arrived on the 22nd and she's been out for 2 days. Everyone's on edge but we've been making ourselves busy by getting ready for Christmas tomorrow. We hope she'll be awake by then. I want her to feel the actual joy and love every child should feel. But knowing she didn't have that made me feel determined. Determined to give her a life she deserved. When I found her that day in the diner, I knew she was special. I haven't left her side since. I was sleep deprived the whole week we were searching. I got one night of sleep and now I'm up again. I can't sleep without her beside me.

Eclipses pov:
      I woke up in a hospital bed. The room was empty. I felt a little upset that Mateo wasn't in here. When the doctor walked in I tensed. It was a male doctor. When I was with Ryan all the doctors were female. I felt violated knowing a male doctor had been examining my body. "Glad to see you're awake. Miss, you are highly starved. From the looks of it you haven't eaten in years. Way longer than the 3 years your mother was dead so your statement of not being with her for 11 whole years matches. You're dehydrated, and you weigh nothing more than 11 pounds. You're literally a 5 foot baby Eclipse. This is not healthy. And I take it you're clumsy as hell considering the scars I see on you. But one caught my attention: how did you get the one on your left leg?" I froze. My eyes were wide and my lips were quivering. I didn't know what to say. "Eclipse I know this is scary for you, and from your expression I can sense you're worried. And I feel I know why. I am not going to hurt you. That's not my intention and it never was. If I tried to your father would have my head served on a platter. But I need to know why you're like this. Your temperature is higher than I've ever seen, deadly even. Over 130." He said with a worried tone.
       I didn't know what to do. Right now all I wanted was Mateo. And knowing he's not here with me I don't feel that safe feeling I do when he's next to me. I started breathing heavy and the walls were closing in on me. I was having a panic attack. He screamed for my father and he came rushing in. Mateo didn't care that the doctor was stopping him, he pulled the gun and the doctor backed up. He rushed to the bed I was on and grabbed my hand with hand and used the other to bring my head up to his mouth. He gave me a light kiss on the forehead and my breathing returned to normal.
         Mateo stayed with me for a few hours and then my dad walked in and asked if I was up for going downstairs for lunch. Mateo brought me a comfy sweat set so I wasn't wearing the hospital gown.

It was a cute outfit

It was a cute outfit. But again, when I walked into the living room all eyes went to my left leg. This time I continued walking to sit down. I was fighting the urge to cry but I didn't want to come off as weak. I need to train myself to be strong if I'm going to take down Ryan. "So sis, how are you feeling?" Jax questioned. I could tell my his concerned expression that he truly cared. "I'm feeling alright." I shrugged as if I didn't really care, which I really didn't. I could care less how much I weighed. Then my dad spoke up. "Sweetie you are lighter than a feather. You have scars all over you. You broke down over your scars being visible, it's as if you didn't even know what you were wearing. You had a seizure over a question about your mom, and whatever happened to you before you arrived. You need to tell us what's going on. Please." I looked down then up at Mateo who was sitting right beside me. I could tell he had been crying. His eyes were puffy and red, and every now and then I'd hear him sniffle. "Dad..." that was the first time I'd ever called him dad directly. I didn't even realize it. I knew he liked it though so I continued talking. "...seriously, I'm ok." Then Jax stood up slamming his fists on the table. I flinched and he had this angry look on his face. It mixed with guilt once he realized that he scared me. "I'm sorry for scaring you. But please! Tell us what the hell happened! We're worried about you. I just got you back and I find you like this? There's more to the store than you being out there on your own! I know it. And unlike everyone else in this room, I won't believe the lies you tell about being fine. Now tell us what happened to mom, and what ever on earth happened to you." Jax said with a demanding but soft tone. I sensed anger and worry in his voice. He was the first one to crack under the pressure of my lies. I felt guilty hiding everything from them. But I have to. If I tell them then they won't let me get revenge on Ryan and I'd have to sneak around. I mean I'll hate to do that anyway but still, I have to do this. But something keeps urging me to tell them everything... every detail. But what if they hate me for keeping it to myself?

      Hey so this chapter might have been a little confusing. Is it just me, or is the sweat outfit I picked really cute? Ok see you next chapter little humans!