Chapter 6

Ahh I already have 25 reads! I'm surprised I got from 11 to 25 in 2 hours. Thank you all so much!! Ok onto the chapter people 😁

       Mateo was so sweet. He got me some sweatpants and a sweater so I wouldn't look revealing and it would keep my scars, bruises, and wounds hidden. I don't know what it was but something inside told me that I am safe with him. We were just talking in his living room about how to find my mother and what I am going to do once I see her. I have been longing for this moment. I haven't seen her in 11 years and man was I more than ready to see her again. I hardly remember what she looked like. Come on, I was 6. I remember how to get home though. So we drove there. When we walked in the whole place was trashed. I went to her room and what I saw next killed me.
       She was laying there. In a pool of dried blood. I dropped to my knees. The only person I had left was gone. Kyla, then her. Well technically her then Kyla. From the looks of it she's been dead for years. I looked at the newspapers in her hand and it had the year from when I was 14. She's been dead for 4 years! I didn't even know it. But I know who did it.
        "Eclipse come on, you shouldn't be looking at this." Mateo lightly helped me stand. He was careful not to put pressure on my right arm where the bullet wound was. We walked into the living room and sat there. It was silent until I bursted out crying. Mateo moved over to me on the couch and hugged me. He tightened his grip around me when we heard a thud. We both rose our heads up, alarmed. Out of no where he pulled out a gun and put his finger over his lips telling me to stay quiet and don't move. So I didn't. He got up and made his way to the kitchen where the sound came from. Then a shot was fired.
        I ran into the kitchen to make sure Mateo was ok. When I walked in he was standing, the gun firmly in his grasp. I looked at the floor. Ryan's right hand man was laying there, shot in the chest. I sighed in relief knowing we got one. Mateo grabbed my hand holding it behind him so that he knew I was behind him and walked us upstairs. One arm was locked on mine behind him and the other kept the gun out for alert. We checked every room before coming to the door at the end of the hall. Unlike all the other doors that were closed, this one was cracked open. He kicked it and immediately started looking around to make sure no one was in there. I moved from behind him and saw an office. My mothers office.

Ok so ima end this here! I ended it here because the searching will be next chapter. And I was really debating Mateo being the one shot but I then thought, 'hmm... no. I like Mateo so I'm not gonna hurt him.' 😂 anyways thanks for reading chapter 6!