Chapter 8

Who's ready to meet her dad?! I know I am! Oooo things gonna get juuuuuicyyy. Keep reading and thank you for being here 🥺 ok enough of the emotions and let's go.

      It was 3 in the morning when me and Mateo arrived in Portland. I stepped off the plane and proceeded to grab my suitcase when Mateo stopped me and picked it up. I smiled appreciatively and walked out of the airport to get us a cab. We gave the driver my fathers address and he just nodded and started driving. It took us a few hours to get to where the destination was. I was amazed by the house we drove up to. This is where my dad is? It's looks a little big for him to be alone. Oh god, what if he moved on from my mother? What if he doesn't want me? What if- my thoughts were cut off by the safe feeling Mateo gave me when he slid his hand into mine. I breathed myself calm as he picked up our suitcases and we walked up to the front door. We rang the door bell and this pretty woman answered.
       She had this confused expression as if she was trying to understand why on earth two strangers with suitcases were standing on her doorstep. I heard a voice and she turned to reveal a man. I took out the file from my bag and it matched the face of the man. My dad. He was right in front of me. Then he spoke. "Who are you?! What are you doing here?" I sensed a little anger and I guess so did Mateo. He stepped closer to me and I saw him reach behind his jacket. I grabbed his arm to calm him down and he moved his hand away from what I knew was a gun. He can't shoot my dad when I just met him.
       I wanted to speak but something just stopped me. My heart was beating out of my chest. My dad had allowed us in and walked us to I'm guessing his office. He sat in the chair behind the desk and Mateo and I just sat on the couch near the wall. The woman went over and stood by my father. He looked at Mateo as if he was staring into his soul. And Mateo was doing the same. Dumb Mateo always being protective haha. He's only known me for a week but I can tell he really wants the best for me and wants me safe. And I want the same for him.
      "Care to explain why you two are showing up to my house with luggage and I don't even know you?" I figured he didn't know about me. Which is understandable but I still thought he would see my mother in me. I guess we don't look that similar. I stared at the floor. I didn't know what to say. Mateo grabbed my hand and gave it a slight squeeze to assure me he's here no matter what. I put my free hand on top of his and kept it there. Then I said it. The words I'm sure he'll get angry for. "I'm your daughter."
       His eyes went wide. I can't tell if he was shocked or angry but sure wasn't happy. I gazed over to Mateo who had his other hand, the one that wasn't in mine, reaching back. I'm sure he was on high alert in case my father tried something. I was worried one of them wouldn't get out of this alive. The last thing I wanted was to lose either the father I just met, or my best friend who means so much... or both.
       "Is this some sick joke?! I don't have a daughter!" He yelled and stood up from his chair. I flinched and I know Mateo, the woman, and my father noticed. I know because Mateo tightened one grip on my hand and the other slid back to his gun, my father put on a confused expression trying to figure out why I seemed scared and the woman grabbed his arm to calm him down. I let Mateo's hand go and moved to my bag to grab the file. I handed it to him and his face went blank. "My mother is Crystal Raya Wyatt and you are my father. My name is Eclipse Rae Wyatt." I said confidently. Mateo released his hand without the gun and I felt relieved. I saw a tear fall from my dad as he rushed over to me pulling me into a hug. I hear him start crying and he said through sobs "You've returned to me." I hugged back trying to hold back tears because my dad was already breaking down.
        After meeting my father, he walked me and Mateo to the living room. He said to wait while he puts our luggage into our rooms. Mateo specifically requested me and him be put into the same room and my dad allowed it. He asked if we were together and we both explained our friendly situation but I haven't said anything about my mother yet. The woman stayed in the living room with Mateo and I and introduced herself as Thalia Wyatt, my stepmother. My dad walked back downstairs and into the living room with 3 males, two females, and a toddler. I was really confused and my dad started explaining.
        "Eclipse this is your eldest brother, Jaxon. He's 21." Jaxon had black hair, hazel eyes, and he looked to be 7'1. "This is Liam, second oldest, 19 years old." Liam was about 6'6, with black hair, and blueish hazel eyes. "This little guy is Zealand, he's 3 and he's your half brother, mine and Thalia's." Zealand wiggled out of my dads grasp and ran over to me. He threw his arms up and since I was once a child, I knew he wanted me to pick him up. He was the cutest little thing. Zealand had pretty blonde hair that stopped at his shoulders, and baby blue eyes. When I picked him up he threw his arms around my neck and nuzzled his head into my neck. I giggled and kissed the top of his head before handing him to Thalia who put him to bed. Zealand was a spitting image of Thalia and my father. My dad had dark brown hair, ice blue eyes and stood at 6'3. Thalia had blonde curly hair like Zealand, with pale brown eyes and was approximately around 6 foot tall.
       My dad introduced my oldest brothers girlfriend, Emma. She was 20, with beautiful blonde wavy hair, and emerald green eyes. She was 6'4 in height and she was so sweet. Then I met another woman, Ayla. Her name was beautiful, I don't think I've ever heard anything like it besides Kyla. Upon hearing her name I frowned and looked at the ground. Ayla had mid length, straight chestnut brown hair, and chocolate brown eyes. She was 18. Then the last introduction, Noah. Ayla's brother and I could see it too. Noah was Jaxon's best friend. He was 19, 7 feet tall, with short black hair and the same chocolate brown eyes as Ayla. I'm not going to lie, he was attractive. His fair skin brought out his hair and eyes and he was very muscular.
         "Well hi.... I'm Eclipse. I'm 18. Mateo is my best friend who I met a week ago. He's 20." My oldest brother, Jaxon or Jax as we call him apparently decided to be a protective older brother. Haha typical. "You are sharing a room with a guy you met a week ago? What is wrong with you?" I responded merely and a little bossy "shush! He's my best friend and he's helped me find you all." "That reminds me, why are you here, not that I'm not happy to see you again, but it's strange. Your mother wouldn't let you come find me without a fight." My father said with confusion. I wasn't ready to answer this but I had to. "My mother is dead." Everyone's eyes widened, I was glad Thalia put Zealand to bed already because he shouldn't hear this. I remembered I'm in sweats and a hoodie so they haven't seen my scars and I'm proud. I don't want them too, not yet. But tomorrow, I'm sure they will. Liam then spoke "how? Why?" His voice was shaky and I understood. She was his mother too. The only thing I could say was "I don't know."

     Heyo! That's the end for now cause If I try to add in the whole story with the kidnapping and death of her mother here then this chapter will be too long so I'm cutting it in half due to the introductions. See you next chapter and thank you for reading!