Chapter 42

9 month time jump!

Eclipses pov:
       When I held my small little baby girl in my arms, I've never felt happier. Right now, Noah was sitting on the bed beside me and everyone else was around me to see her. "What's her name?" Kyla asked me. "Well we were thinking of Emily, Ella, or Eva, but they didn't seem quite right to fit her." Noah said as he got more comfortable. "So what'd you choose?" Cass asked eagerly. "We named her Esmé. Esmé Crystal Carter." I replied. "Aww that's beautiful, can I hold her?" Ayla asks. I nod and Noah takes Esmé over to Ayla. "So why did you choose that for her name?" Mateo asks me and he puts his finger on her nose. "Well Esmé because she looks like one, and Crystal because that was my moms name." I smiled. "She has your eyes sweetie." My dad told me as he kisses me on the forehead.

3 years later~

"Esmé!!!! It's time for dinner!" I yelled. Esmé was now 3 years old, Noah was 23, and I was 22. Zealand was 6, man he grew up fast. Jax and Emma got married last year and just had a baby boy a few months ago, named Max Edward Wyatt, his middle name comes from Noah's middle name. Liam and Kyla got together not long after Esmé was born and got married. Funny story, Kyla actually went into labor right after Jax and Emma's wedding. They had a beautiful baby girl named Luna Rae Wyatt, after me. She's absolutely beautiful. Ayla and Mateo got married and had a baby girl named Mila Ashley Ramirez, oh yeah did I mention that Teo's full name is Mateo Cameron Ramirez? It's cute. Cass is still in training and keeping good grades in high school. As for Thalia and my dad? Haha they've been stealing all of the babies.
"Mommy, mommy!!" Esmé yelled as she ran into the house. "What is it my little jewel?" I asked her as I bent down to her level. "I picked a rose for you!" She said while she handed it to me. "Thank you sweetie. Now to find your daddy while I put this in a vase." I said to her and gave her a kiss on the cheek. As if on cue Noah walked right in. Esmé ran over and he picked her up. "How's my little princess?" He asked with a chuckle. "Daddy I picked a rose for momma!" She yelled. "You did?" He faked surprised and laughed. He gave her a kiss before setting her down at the table. The entire family was celebrating Aylas birthday. Today she turned 22 just like me.
"Happy birthday sis." I said with a smile and gave her a hug. After we all ate and layed the kids down for their naps, the adults went to my dads office. Apparently he had something to discuss with us. "So I know we all promised we would not do this anymore, but we have a serious mission to do." He said with a sigh. Everyone groaned. "Dad, we're parents. We can't do this anymore." Jax said while giving Emma's hand a squeeze. "I know son. But it's very important." He replied with a serious tone. "Well what is it?" I asked, curious. He threw a file on the table. I opened it to see a picture of Ryan. "What the hell is this?" I asked, raising my voice a little. "That was taken 4 days ago in Orlando. We're not sure if it's true or not so that's why everyone is being ordered to head down there." He said in a strict voice. "Why not send some of our men?" Emma asked. "Because they haven't returned. We've sent 30 of our trainees and we haven't heard a word back." My dad explained. "Then we'll do it. But no one has the permission to die. We made it work when I was pregnant when we went to France. This shouldn't be that hard? I mean, there's what? 9,10 of us? Against him. There's no way he can beat that." I said. They nodded and we planned our flight.
Everyone got up and got dressed and went downstairs.

Ignore the tattoo symbol things

Thalia and my dad were going to stay here to take care of the kids while everyone else went to Orlando. When we got there, we got straight to work. We aren't taking our time on this mission.

A week later~

After a week of searching we went back home. We didn't find anything. Wherever that picture came from, it was a mistake. We searched all over Orlando, asked a whole bunch of people, and even checked the old warehouse. There's no way he was in Orlando, Florida, the 4 days before we arrived. I was so eager to get home. Being away from Esmé for a whole week really gave me separation anxiety. Ever since I had her, I didn't let her go. I always kept her close 24/7 for her protection. Before I forget, yes we stopped our jobs. We still manage the mafia when needed but all the illegal things are ran by Carson and his wife, Ellie. They even had a boy around 2 years old named Luca.
We decided not to be apart of this 2 years ago when everyone else decided to have children. Noah and I were going to keep Esmé around but just not train her. Once we were out and done, we all promised not to do it ever again, for our children. They don't deserve to grow up like we did. I mean, we love what we do and it makes us stronger, but we don't need the kids around this. What they choose to do when they're grown is up to them but until 18 years old, they aren't supposed to know about this.
About 3 days after we got home, we were all hanging out in the living room. The kids were playing, and us adults were talking. I took Esmé upstairs because she wanted to go swimming in the backyard so I was going to find her swimsuit since she couldn't. I walked into her room and Ryan was sitting on her bed. I froze. I reached my hand behind my back and gave Esmé's hand a squeeze to tell her not to move. "Ahh Eclipse! Long time no see darling." He said with a smirk. "I'm not your darling." I said with anger. I stepped behind the wall and bent down. "Go tell daddy that Ryan is upstairs." I whispered. She nodded and ran downstairs. Please hurry Esmé.
"What do you want?" I asked firmly. "You." He chuckled. Then he shot me in the chest. I fell to the floor and turned my head. Teo ran ahead and killed ryan on the spot while Noah took me into his arms. I couldn't move but I could still see and here. "Eclipse? Eclipse baby breathe." He said as tears started forming in his eyes. "Mommy! Mommy!" Esmé shouted. She was crying. My baby. "Esmé." I whispered. She walked over to me and placed her hand on my cheek. "I love you." I whispered as a tear fell down my face. "I love you mommy." She said in her cute voice.

And then I saw black.

Heyyy, I'm sorry if this wasn't the way you saw this book going. I have ideas for 2 other books, sweet but psycho and another I won't tell. I'm going to do one more chapter that includes Teo's, Noah's, Aylas, and Kyla's povs.