TWENTY-EIGHT

Hadiya walked out of the cafeteria, making her way to the bathroom it was that time of the month for her she hated that it came on in the beginning of the month, she glanced at Princess who looked like she was crying by her locker. Ignoring her she went into the bathroom and handled her girl business. After she was done she looked at her phone and sighed her and Tysheem hadn't spoken since the last time they exchanged words.

She was bothered. Leaving out of the bathroom she walked back to the cafeteria and seen Patience who hadn't been to school in awhile. Hadiya made her way to the table and sat across from her.

"How you been" she asked.

"Good" she smiled but Hadiya knew her best friend and she knew when something was off. Reaching over she grabbed both her hands and squeezed them softly and gesture that brought Patience to tears immediately. Hadiya got up and sat next to her, pulling her into a hug.

"I did it, I had the abortion" Hadiya looked up and sighed she rubbed over her back.

"It's okay I'm not here to judge you" Patience wiped her face.

"He broke up with me, Hadiya" she looked at her friend with tears in her eyes. She didn't want to lose the love of her life but she wasn't ready for a baby and her parents weren't raising another child those days were over.

"You guys will be fine nothing will split you two up he's just upset right now give him a few days" she said, consulting her friend the best way she knew how before looking up and catching Tysheem's stare. Looking away from him she looked at Patience who had stopped crying.

••
Laying sprawled on her bed Hadiya had just got through doing homework and was extremely bored. She sighed and grabbed her phone, unlocking it going straight to Tysheem's contact.

I just feel like you should've never told me this and that just for you to let me go in the end. Did you even mean all those things you said? Or was this apart of the plan?

Hadiya looked the message over and shook her head, deleting it. She was driving herself crazy even if he was worried about being kicked off the team by communicating with her she at least wanted a wave or something. Her door was opened by her mother who had something in her hand with a blanket over it.

"Now your father and I had already bought him a couple of days ago before everything went down" she put whatever it was she had in her hand down before pulling the blanket from off of the cage.

"Oh my gosh" she got off of her bed and opened the cage revealing a black and brown French bulldog. "He's so tiny" she squealed.

"I know right your father wanted to return him but we spent too much money for us to give it back so I told him to just give it to you" Chelly shrugged her shoulders and smiled at her daughter who was too infatuated with the dog to even care about what she was saying. She slapped her knees and got up.

"Have you been applying the cream on your neck" She nodded her head as she got back onto her bed making enough space for the dog who was sniffing around, getting used to his surroundings. "Hadiya" Chelly sighed before closing the door so Stevenson couldn't hear what she was about to say.

"I know there isn't much we can do about you and your little friend" she said referring to Tysheem. "We're not trying to control you we just want to keep you safe, we don't want what happened to Serenity to happen to you" her voice cracked.

"I promise I'm going to be okay"

"I know baby I just don't want you to feel like we're overreacting and I sure as hell don't want to be that parent to put you on lockdown just for you to sneak out and whatnot" she swatted her hand. "If you decide to see him be careful that's all I ask and no sex" she pointed her finger at her daughter.

"Mommm"

"Are you having sex" Chelly asked hoping her daughter wasn't. She wanted to make sure she was making smart decisions and saving herself for the right person.

"Oh my gosh get out" Hadiya laughed as her mother kissed her on the cheek and left the room. She looked at the dog with a smile on her face and made a clicking noise, grabbing the dogs attention.

"What should I name you, hmm" she laid her head on the bed and smiled when he licked her face. "I think your name should be ace"