FOURTEEN

Hadiya sat on the top bleachers watching the football game like everyone else with Patience by her side. She would look at Tysheem every now and then feeling extremely guilty for the reason he wasn't playing. If only she didn't look at him none of that would've happened. He was too good of a player to be sitting on the sidelines.

Tysheem sighed in frustration as he watched his teammates lose it was fourteen to six. He knew they could win without him they just didn't know that, which threw them off their game. He slapped his hands against his knees as a defensive player knocked one of his teammates down. Benjamin called for a timeout as he went through the papers looking for a winning play. If Tysheem was playing he knew they would've been had a touchdown but he wasn't on good terms with his teammate so until then he'd remain benched.

The team rounded around one another discussing the next route they would do. Tysheem got tired of hearing it, everything that they needed was right in their faces they just needed to work together and stay focused.

"Listen, I'm sorry I let you guys down I made a mistake and I'm going to fix it but right now, In  this moment, I need y'all to get on y'all game" He discussed and Benjamin watched in amusement. "They're eating y'all up out there and that's not how we get down we're not about to let them come on our turf and take our trophy" he looked at each and every last one of them in the eyes as they started to get hype feeling the adrenaline rush through them.

"Run the route, stay focused and win this damn game" he nodded his head while looking at them Tysheem put his hand in the middle and everyone followed after him.

"Panthers on three.. one, two, three" their hands went up and then they went back to the field. Benjamin patted his back then folded his arms hoping they won this game. There was only ten more minutes on the clock and all they needed was a touchdown and the conversion try, that's all they needed. Even though Hadiya had no idea what was going on she watched the game like a hawk.

"Hey Dennis, what's happening now" Hadiya asked looking over at him.

"We have the ball and if we make one more touchdown we have a good chance of winning" Dennis kept it short to where she would understand. Nodding her head she took out her phone and went to her messages.

They got this.

Tysheem looked at the message before looking back at her smiling. She knew she had no idea what was going on, which only made it funnier but he appreciated that it made him relax a bit more. Diverting his attention back on the game it was like everything was moving slow as he watched them start the play. He could hear his heartbeat through his ears when Chris caught the ball. That's when everything started to happen it was like a chain reaction everyone on their side stood up. Hadiya pushed through the people trying to get to the front she stood in front of the gate as her eyes almost popped out of her head.

They protected Chris from all the defensive players as he ran like lightning, as he got closer to touchdown he could see someone coming from the side but he kept going. He wasn't about to give up this was for his sister who killed herself from being bullied.

"Go Chris, Go!" Tysheem stood to his feet and almost fell to his knees when the defensive player got ahold of him. Chris kept going he was small but he had strength and that's all it took when he made a touchdown causing his school to erupt in cheer. Chris put one finger in the air knowing his guardian angel made it possible. Before you know it they kicked the ball off and made a field goal the score board now read fourteen to fifteen.

Tysheem jumped up out of excitement making Hadiya smile from how happy he looked. In that moment he didn't want to share his happiness with anyone else but Hadiya. Looking back Tysheem saw her and walked over to her, engulfing her in a hug. Confetti exploded all over the field as they rocked side to side. The day couldn't have went any better.