TWENTY-SEVEN

Hadiya's father had took an extra mile to guarantee that the two children wouldn't be around each other. He went as far as telling every staff including the principal, Mrs. Louisa, what happened so they could keep an eye out. He wanted to be notified whenever Hadiya was two feet away from Tysheem, whenever it seemed like she was even looking at him. The young girl didn't know anything about this so when she got home and began to be bombarded by her father with a million questions on why she was with Tysheem it stunned her.

"Mom!" She strained her voice as she yelled making her voice sound squeaky. Chelly shook her head as she cut up the onions, preparing tonight's dinner.

"No, Hadiya your father is absolutely right you cannot be around him anymore and if those are the measures he has to take to make sure of it then so be it clearly you weren't going to listen anyways" she scoffed and looked at her father.

"So getting a bunch of grown adults to spy on me is the best thing to do sounds perverted if you ask me" she said slickly. Chelly gasped as Stevenson's head snapped in her direction so fast it was like whiplash. "You guys can't control me and if I want to see him, I will see him" Stevenson got up and grabbed her arm so hard he could almost break it with any sudden movement.

"Let me tell your hot ass something what I say goes I am the man of this house and if I say you cannot see someone that's what I mean" his voice rattled her body as he spoke with his eye twitching.

"Let go, your hurting me" she whined as tears burned the bridge of her eyes when his grasp got tighter.

"Stevenson that's enough" Hadiya whimpered as he twisted her arm. "Got dammit Stevenson I said that's enough" she slammed the knife onto the cutting board and he let go. Hadiya grabbed her arm, looking at him with so much disgust before running up the stairs. She slammed her room door and slid down to the floor, sobbing.

"Don't you ever in your life put your hands on my daughter have you lost your fucking mind" her mother fussed as she switched to the bell peppers, cutting them hard as ever. The sound of the knife hitting the cut board with each slice sounded throughout the house.

"That's my daughter too and I want some damn respect from her" Hadiya dismissed their voices as she stood up and wiped her face. She pulled a graphic tee and her Adidas joggers before pulling out her phone and sending Tysheem a text.

Meet me down the street in five minutes I need to get out of this house

Tysheem who had just gotten out of the shower grinned at the text. She threw on her clothes and put on her favorite crocs, she decided to leave her phone just in case her parents wanted to blow her phone up when they realized she was gone. Once she found her way out of the house she walked down the street and smiled when she seen his Dodge Charger parked by the curb. Now sitting in the passenger seat Hadiya grabbed his face and leaned over, kissing him. Different from the last time it was slow and passionate. They took their time tasting the insides of each other's mouths, enjoyed each second.

"What you doing all that fa'." He asked when they pulled away from each other, their lips still close.

"I'm not sure" she pecked his lips again before sitting back in the seat leaving him in a daze. She snickered and put her legs up on his lap, getting comfortable as he went onto the main road. He took one hand off the wheel and massaged her feet while he used the other one for the wheel. "My dad told all the teachers what happened between us so whenever they see us together they'll tell him" he stopped at a stop sign and looked over at her, licking his lips.

"So what you sayin"

"Nothing, I don't care about them knowing if I want to be with you that's what I'll do" she shrugged her shoulders and he chuckled.

"At the same time you gotta respect yo pops, Diya" she groaned before rolling her eyes.

"Yet, I'm here with you" he smiled and went through the drive-thru ordering them something to eat, he pulled up to the first window and paid for their meals.

"You got a point but if they telling yo daddy we together at school then they gon tell my mama and if coach find out that ain't gon be good for me" Hadiya bit her lip and looked down at her lap as he got their food.

"Soo, we can't be together is what your saying" she grabbed her bag of food from him as he found a parking spot and parked the car. Tysheem plugged up his aux and bobbed his head to yung bleu's new song.

(They say time heals she can't see her life
Without me, she so blind still
Fuck that nigga you can tell him that you're
Mines still)

"I'm not sayin that, I'm sayin we gotta chill off on seeing each other for a lil bit until they get off our backs" she stuffed a couple fries in her mouth. "Benjamin told me if he found out I'm doing something stupid he gon take me off the team I can't chance it" She nodded her head in understanding.

"Basically what you have going on with me is stupid so you don't want coach Benjamin to find out, I get it" she wrapped up her food and put it back into the bag, she took her feet from his lap and put on her seatbelt. "Take me home" his head fell back onto the seat.

"Diya, don't do this shit man I'm not saying that what we got going stupid I'm just telling you what he told me" Tysheem pointed at his self.

"Okay" she said quietly. He sighed and cranked up the car pulling out of the parking lot, heading to her house. The car ride was silent until he pulled up into her yard, seeing her parents outside. He looked at her as she unbuckled the seatbelt and sniffed, sucking his teeth Tysheem grabbed her face and kissed her on the lips.

"I'm sorry" he said before kissing her on the lips again she nodded her head and got out of his car. Stevenson who seen the interaction grilled Tysheem through his windshield and turned around, going into the house. He would make sure he told his mother about what he had seen. Tysheem's phone started ringing causing him to look at it, it was his uncle.

"Yo" he said.

"Come to my house we got business to handle"