ELEVEN

Hadiya worked on her school project from home they had said Hadiya needed to be in a comfortable space. Her health wasn't too well either so they kept her where they knew she would be watched, which was home. Stevenson and Chelly both took days off out of the week to keep an eye on her. Hadiya noticed how her mother wasn't eating and she barely slept. The only time she got up is when she had to go to work or cook most of the time Hadiya cleaned up if it wasn't her dad. Hadiya knew Serenity's death hit their mother really bad, it was so unexpected.

Serenity's death. Those words made Hadiya cringe as she thought about it. She couldn't believe her sister was dead every now and then she would pull out her phone and click her contact just to hear her voicemail. Getting up out of her bed Hadiya felt like eating so she walked down the stairs into the kitchen. Her mother sat on the couch curled up in a blanket looking at the tv even though nothing was playing. Hadiya set the oven on three hundred and fifty degrees before putting three sausage and cheese Totinos party pizza in.

"Mom I put you and dad a pizza in the oven just in case you got hungry" Chelly looked at her seventeen year old daughter and smiled. She scanned over her face picturing Serenity they shared features, both of their lips were full they had the same round eyes Serenity was just a lighter version. Hadiya took her smile as a thank you, walking back upstairs she looked at her room and wondered what it would be like if Serenity were to be there.

She wondered if they would be doing each other's nails, talking about boys or gossiping. Her heart felt heavy knowing she would never have that sister bond again. Hadiya would never know what it feels like to go to your sister when times got hard. She didn't have an outlet.

Pulling her shirt over her head she looked at her reflection through the mirror. Her skin looked so flushed it was scary and her weight had went down from what she could see. She wiped a tear that fell from her eye and took a deep breath not wanting to have another episode. She was upset with herself for getting so stressed to a point she would have seizures. She was embarrassed. Hadiya knew she would be the school talk for a minute even though her situation wasn't funny people were cruel towards her. The thought made her head drift towards Tysheem she was grateful he helped her and she felt like she hadn't shown him that.

Pulling out her phone Hadiya sat on her bed, going to her messages clicking on Tysheem's name. She looked over their old messages and smiled she liked the fact that he could hold a conversation and never over step a boundary.

Hi, Tysheem I don't know if you still have my number saved but just in case you don't it's Hadiya. I know this text may be unexpected.. I just wanted to thank you. Being that we barely know each other you could've left me there but you didn't and I appreciate you for that. I don't know any other way to thank you so if this isn't enough, I'm sorry.

Hadiya looked at the message that she typed up over five times still contemplating if she wanted to send it or not. Closing her eyes she clicked the send button and turned her phone off. She was the least bit of scared however, she was anxious to see what he had to say. She has learned Tysheem to be a sweet person so far and what if her text message rubbed him wrong. What Hadiya seemed to not know was that Tysheem was not Terrell and if she gave him a chance he'd never hurt her.

Going down the stairs she seen her mother by the oven taking the pizza out. The smell that hit her nose made her feel sick to her stomach. Ever since her sister's death Hadiya rarely ate she would probably snack on some chips here and there but that was it.

Wassup, and like I said before if it were to happen around me again I'll do it all over. I have no problem being there for you at all, you don't realize that your text just made me light up so trust me it's enough. Hadiya, why wouldn't I have your number saved? I would tell you what it's saved under but I don't want to cross any lines.

Reading the message she couldn't help the smile the formed on her face.

I don't know.. I just thought maybe you didn't want to speak to me since I haven't been replying back. Now that I've said it in my head while typing I realize how dumb I sound.

Tysheem who laid in his bed down the street from her chuckled. He thought Hadiya was too uptight sometimes, which caused her to overthink. He didn't have a problem with it because he liked telling her otherwise.

I know what it's like losing someone you love I'll never knock you for that. I'm going to be completely transparent with you I won't ever stop speaking to you especially when your going through something. Your innocence pulls me towards you each time we speak, look forward to seeing me for the rest of your life.

Hadiya's heart skipped at the text she had to read it over to make sure she read right. She didn't know if Tysheem was selling her lies because they had just met not too long ago. Her hands were beginning to fumble as she typed causing her to misspell a few things but she fixed them, immediately.

Please don't try and be nice to me I've had enough of it. But again, thank you for everything Tysheem I enjoyed talking to you hopefully we do this more often.

He sat up on his bed pushing himself against the headboard. His thumbs circled over one another trying to figure out what to say to her.

No problem Hadiya I'm here if you want to talk, don't be afraid to text me.

Setting her phone down on her bed she picked up the pizza and took a bite. Chewing on the pizza she swallowed it and picked the pizza back up getting ready to bite it again. Hadiya tried to suppress every gag that threatened to leave from her lips but it wasn't enough as she rushed to the bathroom, lifting up the toilet seat. After she finished throwing up she could hear arguing.

"You need to get up off your ass and stop feeling sorry for yourself!! Serenity is gone, okay" Stevenson fussed to his distressed wife. "She's gone and it hurts more than anything in this world but we have another daughter who needs us Chelly she's only seventeen"

"You don't think I know that Stevenson I fucking know that but I'm hurt, I'm crushed and I can't seem to come back to reality I just need help" Hadiya leaned against her door and listened as her parents went back and forth.

"I understand baby I do and I know people grieve differently but I need you to get it together for me, yourself and our daughter I can't sit here and watch you throw your life away. I'm sorry if I'm coming off as one of those selfish husbands but I need you to come back" Chelly's cries filled the room it was the same cries that filled the hospital.