FOURTY-FIVE

Tysheem sat in front of multiple cameras as they waited for him to choose the college he would be attending. Five different hats were in front of him with the schools symbol on it: The Ohio state university, University of Texas at Austin, Penn state, Louisiana state university, and Auburn university. All colleges were offering a full scholarship. He had more options but it came down to these five colleges. His mother and Benjamin stood off to the side. Even though she was currently upset with him she held a proud smile on her face.

Each coach from the schools were also in his home they really wanted him. He was a great player and he had potential. Tysheem looked at his mother who gave him a thumbs up before he picked up the orange hat with the white bull in front of it and put it on his head. He chose University of Texas at Austin. The cameras began to flash in his face as he and his new coach shook hands. His mother walked over to him and engulfed him in a hug. He kissed her cheek and rubbed up and down her back.

He was excited for this new journey he was about to go on. He was going to make sure he spent the next four years training hard so he could make it on his designated team. He shook the rest of the coaches hands and thanked them for the opportunity. After an hour of conversations and learning more about the school he would be playing for Tysheem could finally change out of his clothes and relax.

When he got out of the shower and dried off he pulled a shirt over his head and but on some comfortable shorts, topping it off with his Nike socks. He sprayed cologne and put on deodorant.

"Tysheem!" His mother shouted from downstairs, her voice laced with concern making him race to where her voice was coming from. When he made it to the front door he was a bit shocked to see who it was, considering their past.

"I-It's Hadiya sh-" before Stevenson could finish his sentence Tysheem looked at his mother to see if it was okay if he left and she nodded her head. He raced out the front door and ran to Hadiya's house, seeing the front door wide open. He could hear her shouting causing him to run faster and when he made it into the house he was surprised to see Chelly standing a great distance away from Hadiya as she held a knife to her neck.

"Diya" he called out and her eyes instantly snapped his way, making her put the knife closer to her neck. She knew he would be able to talk her out of it and she didn't want that. "W-What's going on baby?" He asked her, stopping in his tracks with his hands out.

"What are you doing here!? Y-You don't need to be here" tears streamed down her face. Tysheem's heart was literally beating so fast it felt like it was about to pop out of his chest any minute. Seeing her state and how tired she looked was scaring him to death. "N-No your supposed to be picking your school you can't be here, leave!" He blinked his eyes repeatedly before snapping back into reality.

"Okay but let me help you first that can wait later you wanna tell me what's up" he questioned, taking a step closer when she put her head down. "Talk to me" she looked back up and he stopped walking towards her.

"T-Their letting him have another trial after he killed my s-sister they found new evidence" she paced the kitchen back and forth with the tip of the knife still piercing her skin. "H-How could they do this to us! How could they even think about letting him loose did they see what he d-did" Tysheem had to think about what to say.

"Put the knife down so we can talk more about it" she scrunched up her face and looked at him, shaking her head.

"Don't you see, there's nothing else to talk about I'm t-tired okay, I'm tired of everything I don't want to be here anymore I just want her back" she continued to sob, leaving her mom and dad concerned. They didn't know it was this bad if only they paid more attention to her they could've figured something out.

"I'm going to university of Texas at Austin" he blurted out, hoping it'll make a difference. She smiled at him and wiped her face.

"Really" he nodded his head and looked at her arm that was slowly but surely coming down.

"I wanted to bring my hat to you so when you come to my games you can wear it" he walked closer to her. "I was thinking about signing the side so when I blow up and people see you with the hat they know your my number one supporter" he smiled at her, gaining a smile from her.

"I'm so sorry Tysheem" she apologized and he just continued to smile at her. He had never been put into something like this so he didn't know what to do but he did know he didn't want her to feel bad, at all. Once he got close to her he grabbed her arm and slowly took the knife from her. "I like the hat idea" she sniffed. He kissed her forehead before picking her up bridal style and walking towards her room. He didn't care about her parents at the moment he just wanted to make sure she was okay.