SIXTEEN

Tysheem looked at Hadiya who sat in his passenger seat he put his index finger under her chin lifting her head up. She was in a bad mood and he could feel her energy, which was starting to effect him. Turning to look at him Hadiya's face softened when she looked at him. They were parked by a near by park just chilling but she wasn't talking enough and Tysheem didn't like that.

"What's wrong" he put a string of hair behind her ear she had her real hair blown out and she looked so good he preferred her natural. Sighing, Hadiya didn't know if she wanted to tell him or not what if it made him uncomfortable. Feeling that familiar sharp pain shoot through the bottom of her stomach she clenched her fist together.

"It's that time of the month" she gritted out. She was extremely frustrated and nothing was helping the pills weren't helping, nothing. Tysheem cranked up the car and backed out of the lot, heading to the nearest store.

"What you want from outta here" he said pulling up to the store putting the car in park she perked up in her seat and smiled. "Ah nigga got you smiling an shit" she pushed his shoulder and sucked her teeth.

"I really don't know" he nodded his head before opening the door and getting out of the car. Tysheem opened the door for a mother who had two kids the oldest one who looked around six was walking in front of her while the youngest one was asleep in her arms. Going to the back of the store he grabbed a water bottle, an Arizona and ginger ale. He pulled his pants up that were falling and went to the snack aisle picking up two bags of nacho Doritos, skittles and a snicker bar. As he was walking to the front to cash out he seen the lady struggling to keep the oldest boy contained. Putting the stuff down on the counter he digged in his back pocket pulling out his wallet.

"Ay let me get some Tylenol" Tysheem said before looking back at the lady who was really small her clothes looked too small for her, her hair was covered with a bonnet while she had on pajamas that looked too childish for her. The girls eyes were so baggy making him wonder what happened to her. The little boy ran around the store wildly like he hadn't been outside in forever.

"Ayden, please stop" paying the cashier his amount Tysheem put his wallet back before walking over to the little boy, crouching down.

"Little man why you giving ya' mama a hard time" he asked as the boy looked at his chain, amazed he hadn't seen something so big and shiny before. "You like this" the little boy nodded his head Tysheem took the chain from over his head and put it around his neck. It was too big but the boy liked it you could tell when he smiled widely.

"Please!" The lady slammed her fist on the counter causing the baby in her arms to cry. She looked back embarrassed that she had yelled so loud. "Please all I need is sixty dollars to get a hotel for one night I'll clean the parking lot, the bathrooms whatever you need me to do I'll do it all I need is a place so they won't be on the street" she said with pleading eyes she was damn there balling. Standing up Tysheem grabbed the boys hand and walked over to them.

"I'm sorry ma'am it's against our policy if this job wasn't my last resort I would've gladly helped you but we have cameras and I could lose my job" the man explained handing Tysheem his change. The lady look defeated as she tried to get the baby to stop crying, bouncing up and down. Walking through the door Hadiya walked over to Tysheem and touched his arm she was getting worried because he was taking long.

"You okay" she whispered and looked at the lady who grabbed the boy from Tysheem.

"Do you need any help" Hadiya asked the lady.

"Yes, please" walking over to the them she took the baby out of her arms and held him newborn style. He looked like he was just born his face was turning tomato red as he cried his lungs out.

"Come on" he told them and they walked out the store.

"Where y'all stuff at" she pointed to the cab that was parked walking over he opened the back door and pulled the little bit of bags that was back there.When his eyes landed on the baby bag he pulled out a bottle that was a little warm. "Here" Hadiya took the bottle and instantly went into the car to get the baby out of the weather it was too cold for him to be out.Handing the cab man extra money he closed the door and told them to get in the backseat of his car.

"How old are you" Tysheem finally asked sitting in the drivers seat. He looked at Hadiya who was feeding the baby he had finally stopped crying and his eyes were closing. She rocked back and forth in the seat patting his butt.

"Seventeen" he looked through the rear view and scrunched up his eyebrows.

"These yo kids"

"This is my little brother and he's my baby I had him two months ago" Hadiya and Tysheem shared a look before he cranked up the car. This girl was the same age as them going through all this it made him appreciate his life more.

"Ight, you riding with me or you want me to drop you home" he asked Hadiya who was now burping the baby.

"Riding with you"