FOURTY-ONE

Tysheem sighed while looking at his phone, debating on if he should text Hadiya or not. He could admit that how he left her with unanswered questions was messed up especially since she already knew what took place between him and Kristen. Tysheem just didn't want to chance the whole school knowing about it. He didn't want to put Kristen's career at sake either regardless of what occurred between them she had a family to feed. He was confused. Should he ignore Princesses threats or risk losing the girl he's in love with.

Getting up off his bed he looked at his black suit and tie that he would be wearing tonight for prom. Undressing himself he went into the bathroom and got into the shower. Tysheem missed Hadiya like crazy he couldn't ignore the feeling he got when he would see her. There were only two months left of school and he didn't want to end it off without her. He wanted Hadiya forever and he wasn't going to let a small misunderstanding ruin his happiness.

Once he finished washing up he wrapped the towel around his waist and left from out the bathroom. Tysheem grabbed his phone and went online to book a hotel for the night. He had something up his sleeve, he was going to make up for what he had done. He opened the door, revealing his mom standing on the other side of the door.

"You look handsome" she walked into the room and looked her son up and down. Tiana was proud of her son but, there has been a downfall lately and she was afraid that something was going on that she didn't know about. Being that she's only two months pregnant she tried not to stress so much however, it was hard not to. "I know you've been going through a lot since your uncle passed" she grabbed his tie and began to fix it.

"You have a lot of good things going for you right now and I don't want you to get caught up in mess, I don't want you to end up like your father and uncle Tysheem" he looked at his mom who sounded like she was about to cry. "Two more weeks from now you'll be picking the college your going to I know you may have a lot of thoughts running through your mind about your uncle but it's not worth it" Tiana turned him towards the mirror and smiled.

"Thank you ma" he looked at her before giving her a hug. "I love you and I appreciate you for not giving up on me I know I been tripping lately but I'm going to get back right"

••
After running his errands Tysheem arrived in front of the building with Princess in his passenger seat. He shut the car off and stopped her before she could get out. Princess looked at Tysheem with a smile on her face, which made him mad. He didn't like her at all and he didn't respect her. Tysheem hated the fact that she was able to hold something over his head and make him do things because she knew something that he didn't want the world to know.

"I don't fuck with you" the smile that was on her face was replaced with a stunned look. "If you want to tell the world about what me and Mrs. Webber had go ahead cause I really don't give a fuck" he chuckled.

"You only doing this shit to make Hadiya mad and Ian finna keep letting you do that to the girl I'm in love with I know you want her spot, shit you might even wanna be her but you can't love" he sent her a small smile and got out the car. Princess diverted her stare from the windshield to him once he opened the door to let her out. "Get up out my shit" she gulped and grabbed her bag, getting out. She quickly walked away from him feeling embarrassed that he had just talked to her like that. Hadiya gave princess a run for her money, which is why she tried so hard to make her life miserable.

Tysheem walked into the building and instantly spotted Chris who was with Dennis. He started walking over to them but figured he should speak to someone before doing anything else. Spotting her he made his way and grabbed a cup of punch.

"Before you get caught up with the law I suggest you get on outta here" Mrs. Webber looked at him. "Someone overheard our conversation, recorded it and now they threatening to expose what we had" when he said that her heart dropped to her feet.

"W-Why would you tell me that" he looked at her. "I mean after everything I did to you why would you warm me" he smirked.

"I'm over it" Tysheem brought his cup to his lips and walked away to meet up with Chris and Dennis. "Wassup, my niggas" he dapped them up. They were so engaged in their conversation they hadn't even noticed Hadiya and patience walk into the building hand in hand. Chris patted Tysheem's arm and nodded his head towards the two girls who looked absolutely amazing. Hadiya had on a blue open front, backless long halter dress. The fabric of the dress was satin and it shined, complementing her dark skin. Her hair was in a swooped, knot bun going to the back. Hadiya's makeup was stunning. She just looked amazing and she couldn't help how nervous she felt when all eyes were on her. If people didn't pay attention to her before they were definitely paying attention to her now.

Tysheem's heart hammered against his chest as he watched her maneuver her way through the crowd and find a seat. She caught his stare, scanned him up and down then looked away from him trying to hide the smile that was threatening to appear on her face. He turned to Dennis who was eyeing the shit out of Patience it looked like he wanted to do more than look at her.

"Bruh go talk to yo lady don't let her slip through your fingers I know she did something to hurt you but, y'all love each other" Tysheem threw his cup in a nearby garbage.

"What about you and Hadiya?" He asked.

"Don't worry bout that I'm ahead of it" they shared a laugh, making Chris shake his head. Chris wasn't ready for love. After he lost his sister the thought of loving another human being scared him to death. He was afraid to lose someone that meant the world to him. One day he would break out of it but as of now he was just chilling. Tysheem kept his eyes on her as he walked her way.

"Let's dance" she ignored him and continued to look straight ahead. Hadiya wanted to learn how to be resistant with certain situations. She felt like this was a situation in which she needed to show some restraint. Seeing Tysheem with Princess bothered her and she wanted him to feel how she felt. What scared her was the fact that she didn't know if she could do that. She missed him. Something in her wanted to hear what he had to say. Finally looking at him she brought her lip into her mouth and put her hand in his.

Rama Duke- we rise played as he wrapped his hands around her waist and gently pulled her body into his. She put her hands on his shoulders and looked into his eyes as they danced.

"Ou sanble etonan" he licked his lips, wanting to make up for lost time. Hadiya smiled a little she knew that he knew how she felt when he would speak creole. "Let me start off by apologizing ian mean for that shit with Princess to go down" she scoffed and rolled her eyes.

"I'm serious Diya, she over heard me and Kristen talking about the shit we used to do and recorded it, she threatened to expose what we had going on if I didn't go to prom with her" his hands caressed her lower back. "I got nervous so I did what she asked I figured that it wasn't shit all I had to do was go to prom with her and it was gon be over but I didn't think about what it was doing to you" she could feel herself about to cry.

"Stop talking"

"Nah I need you to listen I love you and I'm not ready for this shit to end okay I'll be dammed if I let some irrelevant ass bitch fuck up what we got going on with some empty ass threats" he stressed. "I don't give a fuck about none of this shit Hadiya I don't care about shit else but you, I need you, I need you bad and it's killing me everyday I go without talking to you or being under you" he grabbed her chin.

"Don't give up on me baby" he pecked her on the lips and she could feel the butterflies swirling in her stomach. "I want to take you somewhere can I do that" she nodded her head.

"Say something"

"Yes" Tysheem smiled and grabbed her waist, walking her out of the building not caring about anything else around them. He was going to make up for lost time.