TWENTY-ONE

Holding her head down she sat stiffly in the chair that was in front of the psychiatrist Hadiya was tired mentally and physically she wanted so badly for all of this to be over with. Dragging her hand through her hair that hadn't been done she frustratingly sighed, which caught Mrs. Tucker's attention. Whenever the two had sessions Hadiya never showed an agitated mood so she was kind of surprised.

"I'm going to say a random letter and I want you to tell me what word pops up in your head when you tell me the word I'll ask you 'why you feel that way' you'll then answer" She took her notepad and pen out before crossing her legs, pulling her long dress to the floor. Hadiya shifted in her seat and cleared her throat that was a little dry.

"B"

"Betrayed, I feel that way because me and a close friend had a dispute about something she told me how she felt and I just feel betrayed" shrugging her shoulders Hadiya wanted to skip pass the extras so she just made the job easier.

"D"

"Depressed, I'm fighting a battle within myself and so far I'm not winning I just get in these moods that I can't control and it's draining I don't want to keep feeling like this" Hadiya's eyes held dark bags under them she was sleep deprived and stressed. She tried not to go to that place because of her health but it's hard for her. Mrs. Tucker put her notepad and pen down before looking at this young girl who was experiencing too much at her age.

"Come here" Mrs. Tucker stood up and Hadiya's eyes widened she was confused but she still stood up. Mrs. Tuckers arms opened and Hadiya paused, seeing that she wanted to give her a hug. Going into her embrace Hadiya broke down and hugged her tightly she felt like someone had finally cared.

••
Tysheem ran up and down the stairs in the school gym, exhausted. Him and Terrell were able to put their differences aside for the sake of the team but Benjamin was putting him to work he needed Tysheem to find a different way expressing his anger. Coming to the end of the stairs he hunched over and breathed heavily.

"You tired?" Benjamin asked while playing with the whistle that rested around his neck he looked at his watch before looking back at him. "Fifteen more minutes on the clock, let's go!" Benjamin clapped his hands together and Tysheem got up, running back up the stairs as fast as he could.

It felt like an eternity for Tysheem when his fifteen minutes were finally up he plopped down on the bleachers, putting both hands above his head. Benjamin sat down next to him and passed him a water bottle. Sweat stained the chest part of his sleeveless shirt as his chest heaved up and down.

"We'll come here every Tuesday and Thursday after school to put in work all that anger and frustration needs to be channeled somewhere else, understand?" Benjamin looked straight ahead as Tysheem nodded his head, drinking his water. "Come on" he got up along with Benjamin and rubbed down his waves. Tysheem always got extra practice in since his mother does date Benjamin but he never complained. If anything Benjamin was right Tysheem had a hard time dealing with his emotions he didn't know how to react when things were put into his lap, which made him think about Hadiya.

Sighing, he sat back in the seat and pulled out his phone Tysheem wasn't mad at her he was mad at what he seen. He felt like Dennis disrespected him yeah, him and Hadiya weren't together but that didn't mean make a move on her. Hell, Hadiya and Patience are bestfriends why would Dennis even try to make that move Tysheem thought it was some fishy shit going on.

Good evening beautiful, I know I treated you badly the other day and I wanted to apologize. That was no way to come at you especially at a time like yours. My mother and I were at your house and I happened to look out the window that's when I seen Dennis try to kiss you. I was pissed off Hadiya and I'm sorry, can I make it up to you?

Looking at the three bubbles that indicated she was texting back his heart hammered he was nervous to see what she was going to say.

Good evening, you treated me poorly and disrespected my character. You made me feel like I did something wrong even when I didn't Tysheem, I kissed you and you kissed me. I don't know what that meant for us but I can tell you that I already have enough going on and I don't have time for the extras. It was nice getting to know you but it's best if we don't communicate.

Reading the message Tysheem sucked his teeth frustratingly and turned his phone off.

"Fuck"