THIRTY-FOUR

FOUR MONTHS LATER
Ace barked endlessly as Tysheem held Hadiya over his shoulder, laughing. He was spinning around before he started to get dizzy himself and put her down causing the both of them to fall on the floor. Hadiya who was laughing so hard slapped his chest and stood up to her feet. The pass four months was a complete bliss for the both of them. It seemed too good to be true but they weren't complaining.

For two people to have so much on their plates and encounter different things it finally felt good to just confide in someone and find true happiness. So many good things had happened for the both of them. Any chance he got Tysheem had practiced day end and day out with Hadiya on her driving skills ending with her getting her permit. Her parents questioned where she learned to drive mostly her father. Her mother knew good and well who she was with when she claimed to be at school tutoring students or claiming that she was going to take ace to the dog park.

But, Chelly loves her daughter so it didn't take much for her to come to her defense with the whole driving thing. She told Stevenson that they had some days where they would go out on the road and practice. Chelly wasn't one to hold something over a child's head. She was once young and knew what it was like to be in love. Now, Hadiya hasn't mentioned anything about love however; it didn't take rocket science to see that they loved each other.

Tysheem was getting scholarships from different schools left and right. They had seen videos that were all taken by Hadiya and took interest in this young man. They were attracted to his speed and how aware he was on the field. They loved how passionate he seemed when he was out playing. Colleges were looking for students to recruit and their eyes were definitely on Tysheem and a few others.

"Have you wrote any of them back" she questioned while looking back at him. He shook his head and put his phone down beside him. "Wow, nine different schools took interest into my boyfriend who you know have nine different schools so focused on getting one person to play on their team" she was smiling so hard the back of her ears were beginning to hurt.

"Just imagine it in your head" she walked over to him and placed her hands on his shoulders, bringing herself onto his lap. "Tysheem Wright Porter drafted to the Dallas Cowboys as their number one wide receiver" he looked at her and smiled.

"It has a nice ring doesn't it" she grabbed his face and pecked him on the lips. "What" she said softly. Tysheem just shook his head and wrapped his arms around her, trapping her against him.

"Man I'm a lucky ass nigga" he bit his lip. She hummed and looked at him through her eyes that were beginning to feel heavy. "You tied?" She nodded her head.

"A little bit" She wrapped her legs around him as he got up and flipped them over to where his body was plastered on top of hers. Ace began to bark making Tysheem suck his teeth.

"Man shutcho ass up I'm not doing nothing" ace barked one last time before grabbing his chew tow and going to his bed that they had just bought him. "Crazy ass dog" he mumbled.

"Don't talk about my dog like that" Hadiya said laughing.

"He is crazy remember that nigga bit me cause I kissed you I shoulda kicked his ass" she covered her mouth, laughing. "You think I'm playing I'm so serious you was supposed to pop his lil as for that"

"I am not beating my dog because he loves me"

"Ight remember that when it's time for me to feed you" he said into her neck. "Got me fucked up"

"You and that damn dog" he added. She snickered while rubbing her hands down his waves. "Don't fuck my hair up, ma"

••

Tysheem opened the front door to his house and walked over to the island where his mom was eating. She was on her phone and eating crackers with a bottle of ginger ale next to her. Tysheem squinted his eyes at her before walking to the fridge and grabbing a water bottle. He sat on one of the stools and took a sip from his water, examining his mother from head to toe.

Tiana who was avoiding his stare continued to watch her video on her phone. She took a bite from her cracker and looked up when her son cleared his throat.

"Throat dry?" She asked, looking back down.

"You pregnant" he threw back at her. He watched as her eyes went wide and chuckled. One thing about Tysheem he is really observant and he knew his mother like the back of his palm. She had significant changes to her face and body that only pointed to one thing, pregnancy. Now what he wanted to know was why she was waiting to tell him. It wasn't like he would be angry his mother is a grown woman and if having another baby is something she wanted to do then oh well.

"How did you find out did Benjamin tell you" she began to ask questions. "I'm gonna kill him I swear I am we agreed to wait" she shook her head getting ready to call him but Tysheem stopped her.

"Chill mama he didn't tell me I noticed" she scrunched up her face. "Come on now you didn't think I'd catch on by now Benjamin was being a little too careful with you and every time y'all argue he let you get over on him like he scared to fuss back"

"Well even if I wasn't pregnant I'll still be able to get over on him period" she said as a matter of fact.

"We not even gon bring up the body"

"What you tryna say I'm fat or something"

"Nah I'm not you just got big around the stomach area your stomach isn't huge but I know a baby bump when I see one I wasn't born yesterday" he shrugged his shoulders and got up getting ready to go to his room. "I'm happy for you ma" he kissed the side of her head. Tiana picked up her ringing phone and put it to her ear.

"Wait wait slow down Tanya!" She said frantically, causing Tysheem to stop in his tracks and turn back around. "What happened where is he" she got up and raced to where her keys was.

"Ma what happened" Tysheem asked following after her he got in the car and his leg started to shake. He was hoping nothing bad happened.