ONE

Hadiya grunted before sitting up against her headboard when hearing the alarm go off. Getting out of her queen sized bed she stretched staying in one place. Hadiya went into the bathroom and took a minute to stare at her reflection. She touched her face, which she thought was too black. Turning to the side she cringed at her round-full lips and couldn't stand the sight of her teeth. They were white but big and crooked you could only imagine what it was like for her all through elementary.  Turning on the water she grabbed her toothbrush wetted it then applied her toothpaste only to wet it again before putting it into her mouth.

After cleaning her mouth she jumped into the shower making sure it was hot. She pulled a bonnet and scarf over her head so the twenty-six inch lace that she had wouldn't get wet. Hadiya was spoiled rotten being that her parents only had two children and she was the youngest, Hadiya got any and everything she asked for. She figured since she didn't have the best looks maybe her style could make up for it. And much to what she expected Hadiya had found her a boyfriend it was no secret that he was not interested in her but she felt as though if she left him no one else would give her the time of day.

Wrapping her naked body in the towel she stepped out of the room to see her clothes laid out on the bed, ironed. Hadiya was sixteen she was at the age where she could do everything by herself. Her mom insisted on doing everything for her though of course that made Hadiya sometimes defiant when she didn't get her way however, it wasn't her fault.

Now dressed she grabbed her bookbag and walked down the staircase. Turing the corner her dad frowned at his daughter's appearance. Stevenson knew his daughter had insecurities about herself but he didn't like how she would dress to school it showed that she had no respect for herself and that wasn't pleasing at all. He felt like she wanted attention in the wrong way.

"Is that how you're going to school, Hadiya" he asked as she opened the refrigerator grabbing a cold water bottle the she put in from the previous night. Her mother looked at her daughter that wore denim shorts, a tight fitted white tank top with a small split down the middle showing a little of her B-cups with a denim Jean jacket to go over it. She topped it off with her yellow jordan 1's and ankle high Nike socks.

"Yes dad" sighing she sat on one of the stools avoiding the unapproving stare that he was giving her. Even though Hadiya was only sixteen she couldn't help but feel like her dad was doing the most. Girls her age always dressed like that and her mom wouldn't say anything about it so she didn't see a problem at least she didn't want to.
Stevenson decided not to say anything else to her he knew Hadiya wouldn't change if he demanded her too and Chelly wouldn't back him up.

"Let's go, see you later sexy" Chelly kissed her husband on the lips and grinned before leaving out of their house. After fifteen years of being married Chelly and Stevenson were still in love. Chelly grew up in Dallas where she was always in trouble the only thing good that she ever did was track and that's how she met her husband. She was going against his school and he just thought she was the prettiest girl out there. Neither of them expected it to last this long but it did and Stevenson wasted no time making her Mrs. Jones. They never wanted to expose Hadiya to that side of Texas just because of its history. Chelly had no problem of her daughter knowing where she grew up she just didn't want her over there at all.

Pulling into the school entrance Hadiya kissed her mother and told her she'll see her later. Walking into the big school filled with a variety of kids she stayed to herself. Hadiya was a quiet one she didn't like to say too much to people. She did have a bestfriend though and her name's Patience. Now patience was the complete opposite of Hadiya she had braces, which went perfectly with her pretty bright face and pink small lips. Her body was perfectly shaped for a sixteen- year old that drew all the attention to her. Her hair was naturally long and she had no problem showing the world. A lot of people wondered why she hung with Hadiya but patience always told them to mind their business.