THIRTEEN

Tysheem followed his mother inside the house as she angrily opened the door and threw her keys on the couch. He huffed already knowing she was about to trip over something small. Tysheem felt like he did nothing wrong Terrell touched him, he told him to let him go but he didn't so he knocked him out.

"Are you serious Tysheem why are you hitting people at school, huh?" She shouted. Tiana was embarrassed she didn't raise him to act out off of his emotions she wanted him to think before he did stuff. "I didn't move us out of the hood just for you to come here and act out you've been doing good what made you do it"

"He didn't move his hand when I told him to so that nigga got put down on" Tiana slapped him so hard the noise bounced off the walls causing Tysheem to hiss from the stinging sensation. He clenched and unclenched his jaw visibly upset while looking at his mom.

"What you gon do hmm you gon put down on me wassup I just hit you put down since you big and bad" she said provoking him but Tysheem would never hit his mother he had too much respect for her. "You need to think Tysheem use that big ass head of yours before you do something I can't believe this shit" she mumbled some words before stumping up the stairs. Tysheem made a face before swiping everything off the island causing one of the glasses to shatter.

"And pick that shit up before I come back down there and beat the black off yo ass, the fuck wrong with you" he slammed the sliding door and sat down on the chair bouncing his leg up and down, frustrated.

"Need a fucking blunt" his nerves were bad sometimes he wished he would've never moved from Dallas because he felt more comfortable. These people didn't understand him and they never would the only reason he moved was because of his mother and her wanting better for him. Tysheem didn't want better for himself just yet he still wanted to run the streets and sell dope, football was just a plus. The sliding door being opened knocked Tysheem out of his thoughts. Benjamin pulled a chair next to him looking straight ahead at the nice view they had.

"When I was around your age my mother would always tell me the things that I needed to fix like my anger and how I reacted to certain situations most of that anger came from my father not being around" Tysheem looked at Benjamin he didn't know that he grew up without a father. "I was bad as hell I would get into fights, get drunk basically doing all the things a teenage boy without guidance and discipline does" Benjamin reflected back on the times his mother would yell at him.

"She played both roles to the best of her ability but eventually it became too much for her my mother ended up dying from a heart attack and that's when I got put into the system I was only fourteen" sighing Benjamin shook his head becoming sad as he remembered when he got the call of his mother passing. It was a normal day for him he had went out with a couple of friends and his grandmother called him, panicking. She had explained to him that his mother had an incident at work and the police were looking for him at their house but he was no where to be found. He asked a friend to drop him off, which he did. Once Benjamin got there they waisted no time telling him the bad news. Benjamin knew it was his fault he knew he should've just got his act together and stopped getting in trouble. From that moment he vowed to never make another mistake in his life he wanted to be the person she always wanted him to be.

"I'm telling you all of this because I don't want you to be like me when I was younger, defiant and angry at the world especially at someone who has always been there for you" Benjamin sighed. "Tysheem you can't play in the finals" if he didn't hear anything before he definitely heard that.

"I can't play in the finals?" Tysheem questioned feeling himself getting mad all over again. He loved football and he didn't like how Benjamin was trying to take that away from him.

"What you did was totally unacceptable and there will be consequences I can't give you a light tap on the ass when you do things like that, so you will not be playing in the finals" with that he got up and left Tysheem to think.

"Wow" Chuckling he got up and walked back into the house stepping over the mess he made, grabbing the car keys and slamming the front door. Cranking up the car Tysheem made his way to where he knew he could do something he loved.