THIRTY-FIVE

Tysheem stumbled through his room door and fell to the floor, remembering the events that happened a few minutes ago. Here he was in his room in complete and utter shock. He didn't know how to handle the news he had received. There was so much that had happened in only a couple of minutes, which had him wanting to crash out any second.

Tysheem and his mother had just arrived to the hospital to figure out what was going on with Roscoe. They were both worried sick and didn't know what to do or how to feel until they knew exactly what was going on. Tanya who was sitting in one of the chairs, stared straight ahead with her hands on her lips. She didn't speak, she hadn't blinked or even took a deep breath. She did nothing, she couldn't breathe.

Tynesha and the kids had went to a family friends house so they could be safe. Tiana's heart hammered against her chest as her hands shook beside her. She was quietly panicking. This reminded her of Tysheem's father all too well and she didn't like it. Roscoe is her brother in law he was the one who comforted her whenever she needed it and for him to be in a life-threatening situation had her about to fall out any minute.

They didn't know any details. All they knew was that Roscoe had been shot multiple times and he was in critical condition. He didn't have a fair shot of surviving.

"This shit can't be happening" Tysheem put his hands above his head, pacing back and forth on the hospital floors. "This shit can't be happening nah, nah he told me everything was good" he sat in a near chair before looking around and getting back up, suddenly swinging his fist into his open palm.

"He gon be good, he gon be good this shit just a lil set back" he nodded his head, coming to an acceptance that everything was definitely going to be okay. He had made up in his mind that his uncle was going to be just fine. He was far from it. A doctor who had on blue scrubs and a white coat looked at the family and stopped, taking a deep breath. He walked up and greeted the family with a smile.

"Family of Mr. Porter?" They nodded their heads, Tanya crossing her hands over her chest looking at the doctor intently. "As you all know he was shot, multiple times some of the bullets ended up in his spleen and liver as we were getting the bullets out he started to bleed" Tanya uncrossed her hands and they fell to her side as the doctor continued to explain what happened. Tysheem's ears clogged with nothing in particular. He couldn't hear, his ears were ringing like crazy before he could hear someone scream, which brought him back to reality.

"I'm sorry we did everything we could"

"No no no no!" He looked around his room that looked like it was spinning. "No no no no" he pulled his blanket from his bed and looked back at his dresser. Walking over to it he knocked it over before, punching his wall repeatedly, leaving holes. Tanya who could hear the outburst from her room decided to stay away. She couldn't say or do anything that could even make him feel okay. After his father passed Roscoe took on that role and stayed in his life the best way he could. He wasn't just his uncle, he was his father.

Hadiya who lifted up off the couch in her living room gasped at what she seen on the t.v. Jumping up she raced up the stairs and grabbed her phone before putting on her slides. She reached to the front door, ignoring her parents questions. Her heart raced as she ran to Tysheem's house with tears flowing from her eyes.

He sat on the floor near his bed and stared straight up at the ceiling, tears threatening to leave. Slapping his hands against his head his body shook once the tears left from his eyes.

"Why man, why" he cried louder, ignoring the sound of his door opening. Hadiya looked around the torn up room and settled her eyes on him. Breathing heavily she slowly walked over to him. "This shit can't be happening, this shit not real" he continued to beat his head with his hands. She grabbed his wrist, stopping him from being able to do it again.