NINE

Hadiya listened to the priest preach with tears rolling down her eyes she didn't bother to wipe them as she felt the saltiness in her mouth. Her eyes were bloodshot red and swollen, her throat was dry and her hands shook. Hadiya's panic attack caused her to have a seizure the doctor told her that she would have to stay calm from now on since her nerves were so bad it could trigger another one.

She looked to her left seeing her fathers head in his lap with his hands above his head Stevenson rarely cried so when Hadiya seen his tears falling she could almost scream. Her mother who looked dead in the face hadn't said anything since they seen her body she couldn't speak. There was this big feeling of guilt that hanged in the middle of her chest only if she knew her daughter was being abused. She should've noticed when she stopped coming around Chelly thought she failed her daughter.

Music erupted through the church as the beautiful dancers, danced in sync. Three young females went in front of them and extended their hands towards them with a sympathetic look. Hadiya's lip quivered when the dancer in front of her touched her lap. She looked into the dancers eyes and smiled at the resemblance she shared with her sister they had the same light brown eyes. After a good five minutes of the performance they left and Hadiya stood at the podium to speak.

"I was always so angry with Serenity because she left me alone, she abandoned me when I needed her the most. The one person who could actually bring true light and happiness into my life abandoned me. She came to spend time with us last weekend but I was being so stubborn and mean I just couldn't get over her leaving If only I would've known that would be my last time hearing her voice" Hadiya stopped mid sentence and looked at the casket. "If only I opened the door I-I should've opened the door I'm sorry mom and dad she would've stayed longer if I wasn't being so angry, why didn't I just get over it?" Some people cried while others became worried seeing how fast Hadiya's chest was heaving up and down. She was seemingly having another panic attack and she couldn't seem to calm down. Stevenson raced over to her before she could hit the floor her body went into his arms as she started to seize this time foam coming out of her mouth.

••
A day later
Hadiya walked into her school visibly distressed in less than twenty four hours she was able to lose fifteen pounds. She sported a white tee with some sweats her hair was pinned up with a hoodie over her head. The teachers knew what had happened so they let Hadiya get a pass. She walked into class and everyone got quiet Serenity's death hit the news, which is how the entire school knew. Her depressed mood could be felt by everyone making a few students uncomfortable.

"Okay everyone look ahead" the students followed the teachers instructions. She sat at her desk and stuffed her hands in the pockets of her jacket. Her mind drifted to the time her and her sister had their own talent show that's when she was always around.

"Yeah, me and my sister chilling making a rap is what we been doing this ain't nothing new but you been knew" Serenity rapped off beat making Hadiya fall back on the bed laughing.

"Oouuu" Hadiya hyped Serenity up even though she wasn't making any sense.

"And I don't play them games mess with my sister you can get them hands" she dropped the imagination mic before crossing her hands over her chest doing a funny pose. Hadiya muffled her laugh with one hand before letting it out.

"You can get them hands" Hadiya made fun of Serenity by repeating her lyrics. Serenity laughed not even mad because she knew she sounded ridiculous.

"I love you Hadiya we'll always be together"

"You promise"

"I promise"

Wiping under her eyes Hadiya grabbed her book bag off the floor and walked out of the class ignoring the teacher calling her name. She walked the hallway trying to breath her heartbeat seemed to quicken by the second. She dropped her book bag and fell to her knees looking around she tried to see if anyone was around to help her. Hadiya wanted to scream but she couldn't, she needed help. Her body fell flat on the cold floor she could feel a seizure approaching a door was being closed but it was too late she had already started to seize.

"Oh shit" Tysheem raced to Hadiya who clearly needed help he was sure that when someone was having a seizure you had to turn them on their side. Doing what he knew was right he supported her back and used the other hand for her face. "I need help!" Tysheem screamed as loud as possible.

"Hey, Hadiya calm down" she was seizing bad He had never seen nothing like this it freaked him out but panicking wouldn't do Hadiya any good so he stayed calm. "Calm down, YO!" no one seemed to hear him screaming he started to get really frustrated. She stopped shaking so he looked down to see her eyes barely open.

"Who are you? Where am I" when Hadiya experiences these seizures she would forget small things like her name or where she was, which was something that occurred when people had seizures.

"I'm your friend, Tysheem you just had a seizure" Hadiya tried getting up. "No you gotta lay down I'm gonna go get help just lay down" he raced to the nearest class room and got a teacher. Paramedics showed up minutes later and Tysheem watched as the put her on the stretcher, leaving the building.