FOURTY-THREE

The sound of a phone ringing woke Tysheem up out of his sleep. His eyes slowly opened and he blinked them repeatedly before leaning over and grabbing whoever's phone was ringing. Answering it he softly sat up so he wouldn't wake Hadiya up who was still asleep. Tysheem rubbed over his eyes as the person on the other end of the phone spoke to him.

Sighing he licked his lips and looked down at her before his eyes drifted to the ring that was on her finger. Tysheem didn't know what they were doing he just knew he was in love and didn't want her to go anywhere. Hanging up the phone he dragged his hands down his face, thinking about what was just brought to him.

These few weeks that have passed consisted of Tysheem roaming the streets with his family members looking for his uncles killer. One of his cousins had told him they found the people involved and they were handling it tonight. Tysheem's phone went off again, making Hadiya stir in her sleep. He looked at the message and seen that it was the address where it would be going down.

"Ay Diya" he shook her and she groaned, wanting to be left alone. Her body was sore and she was beyond exhausted. "Come on we finna go" he turned on the light and chuckled when she sucked her teeth.

"Where we going at—" she looked at the clock that was on the near by dresser. "Three o'clock in the morning Tysheem" she questioned becoming irritated.

"I'm taking you home stop asking me questions and get your stuff for real, ma" her eyebrows furrowed while she got off the bed, exposing her naked body. She got dressed and after they finished, they walked out of the hotel room in silence. Tysheem could tell she was mad every time he looked her way she had this look on her face. He cranked up the car and backed out of the parking lot making his way to their neighborhood.

"So your not going home" she asked as he rolled his window down and rested his elbow on it. "Can you answer me because your about to piss me off" her voice was started to rise.

"Hadiya I got some shit to handle okay and I need you to be home damn" she looked at the side of his face, taking in what he just had told her. What business did he have to handle at three o'clock in the morning. She knew something was going on and she didn't like it.

"What are you about to do" her voice shook. He looked at her and felt bad at how glossy her eyes were becoming. "Just be honest with me"

"They found the niggas that killed my uncle and I'm about to handle it" she knew what he meant about that. She stayed silent. Hadiya didn't know what to say or what to do and what he had said wasn't completely registering in her brain just yet. They pulled into his driveway. "I'm bout to go get something and then imma drop you off" he got out of the door with her behind him.

"What the hell do you mean Tysheem" she questioned not caring if she was loud or not. He stopped walking and walked back over to her. "What makes you think everything is going to go as planned what makes you think your going to walk up out of there alive" he scrunched up his face.

"What you think I'm weak, you think I can't handle this shit!"

"I'm not saying that! I'm just saying your not invisible and things happen, you can't control everything" she was on the verge of tears. He sucked his teeth and turned around to walk away but she grabbed his arm. "Don't do this to me please don't do this I can't lose you" she grabbed his face and brought his body into hers. His hands went around her body. They were hugging for a couple of minutes before he pulled away from her.

"Get back in the car" he began walking to the front door.

"Tysheem!" Hadiya heart raced, watching him go inside his house to get god knows what. Tysheem walked to his room and pushed the door open.

"What the fuck" he said silently, seeing two guns on his bed and his drugs scattered on the floor along with the shoe box they were in. His door creaked open. "Ma you went through my stuff" he looked at his mother who had tears leaving her eyes and Benjamin who stood there holding her shoulders.

"Drugs and guns Tysheem are you fucking serious and you got this stuff in my house" she removed Benjamin's hands from off her shoulders. "You want to throw away your dreams and end up just like your father and uncle, fine!" She rushed pass him and picked up the bags of marijuana and cocaine. Tysheem wasn't using but he was definitely selling and making hell of money. Tiana threw the drugs his way only for him to catch them and put them on his bed.

"I don't got time for this shit" he said, picking up one of the guns off his bed and walking pass the two adults, heading straight for the front door.

"You get in the car and do some stupid shit you can't bring your ass back here, you hear me" Tiana shouted. "No, no let me go" she said to Benjamin.

"I got it go in the house" he walked over to Tysheem who was now going back and forth with Hadiya.

"I hate you! You just told me all of this bullshit and for what? To go do something dumb and end up dying" he tried grabbing her but she backed up. Benjamin watched the scene unfold in front of him and shook his head. It was too much going on. "You want to ruin your life go ahead I won't be apart of this shit" her voice cracked and she took the ring off her finger, throwing it at him. Hadiya turned her back on him.

"Hadiya" he said calmly, watching her walk away. "Get in the car!" She flicked him off. Swatting his hand Tysheem went back to his car to see Benjamin standing there.

"Tysheem don't go out there and do something you'll end up regretting I know you want revenge but it's not the right answer" Tysheem ignored him and got into his car. "Think about your mother" he cranked up his car and drove off. He been had his mind made up the day his uncle passed away. Nothing and nobody was going to change that.