TWENTY-FOUR

Tysheem sat on the edge of his bed, head down with his fist on his forehead his leg bounced up and down as his body erupted with enormous amounts of nerves. He lifted his head and looked ahead before looking down beside him at the gun he used to kill a father, son and husband. Shaking his head Tysheem abruptly stood up putting his hands on top of his head taking a deep-shaky breath.

It wasn't supposed to end that way no one was supposed to be killed but it happened and he didn't know how to deal with it. Him and Roscoe were at a torn up warehouse doing an exchange with their supplier who is an all time business man with big connections. He was well know and, well respected in their line of work. Everything was going great until Roscoe noticed that all of their supply wasn't there he approached the man about it and things took a turn for the worse.

Tysheem wasn't afraid when the man pulled out a gun and pointed it at his uncle but he had three seconds to think. The first second he thought about his life and how it could be destroyed in a fine minute, the second, second he thought about Hadiya and how devastated she would be if something was to happen to him, on the third second he pulled his uncles gun from his waistband and pulled the trigger.

Splashing the water on his eyes he put his hands on the bathroom sink and shook his head. He remembered his uncle asking him why he did it and how he had everything under control. Tysheem was sick to his stomach he took a mans life, protecting his family. Chills ran down his spine as the cold water hit his hot body that seemed to not want to cool down. His adrenaline was all time high for all the wrong reasons.

His ears ringed as he remembered how loud the gun was when it sounded off causing him to cringe. He jumped when thunder erupted outside it was a school day but he told his mother he didn't feel well, which was out of the ordinary for him. He felt a hotness trickle up his throat, peeling the shower curtain back he quickly lifted the toilet seat and released his insides. He wiped his mouth and flushed it down before turning the shower water off and wrapping the towel around the bottom half of his body.

Memories of the blood that left the mans head stained his mind it was like he was being haunted. Feeling a wave of dizziness come over him Tysheem sat down on the bed, giving himself time to recover. He didn't know he was crying until he touched his face and sniffed. He was sorry, he didn't want to do it but he had to.

••
Hadiya began to get worried when Tysheem wasn't responding to any of her messages that she was able to send while in class. She was worried and got a bad feeling in her stomach that caused her to be distracted throughout the day. Did she do something? Should she should've told him how she felt?

Questions. They filled through her brain as she sat on the passenger seat of her fathers car. She was so engaged in her thoughts she didn't even hear the question that her father had asked.

"Huh? She asked.

"Did you hear about the man that was murdered last night" Stevenson shook his head in disappointment that another black man was killed. "He has a wife and three kids with one on the way" Hadiya shook her head she didn't like how someone could just take a life and not think about the lives they were affecting. Anger boiled inside of her as she thought about it because it made her think about her sister. Blinking away her tears she grew anxious when they passed by his house.

"Can you drop me to Patience's house we have a project to work on and I want to get it out the way" her father nodded his head and in no time and pulled into the pregnant girls driveway, telling Hadiya to call when she was ready.

She knocked on the door knowing her father wouldn't leave unless he seen her safe. Patience's mother let her in and that's when he pulled off she greeted her mother and gripped the strap of her bag. Her and Patience hadn't spoken since their dispute Hadiya tried calling and texting but nothing in return.

"She's not here right now her and her father went to the doctor" Hadiya nodded her head in understanding.

"Okay, tell her I stopped by" her voice cracked as she left the house making her way to Tysheem's doorstep. Her hands shook not knowing what to expect from him seeing as though he was ignoring her, which hurt her feelings. Taking a deep breath she knocked on the door and waited until someone answered the door. They stared at each other in complete silence before he moved aside and let her in.

Facing him she frowned, "so your ignoring me" she said hurt by his actions. Before she could get another word out he pulled her into a hug and held her tight but not too tight to where he was hurting her. She hugged him back and rubbed his back not knowing what was going on.

"I need you" he said loud and clear for her to hear him. "Please, I need you" she nodded her head and grabbed his hand, walking them to his room remembering exactly where it was from the last time she came. Pulling off his shirt she kissed him on the lips before taking off her bag and laying in the bed with him right beside her. She put her arms under his armpits and cuddled more into him as his head rested in the crook of her neck. She wanted to know what happened but figured it wasn't the right time to ask considering the state he was in.

Kissing his forehead she knew he was sleeping from how steady his breathing had become so she closed her eyes and soon went into a deep slumber.