Chapter 35: Their Story

"One call", Scott says passing me his phone early in the morning after we finished breakfast. I nodded my head and took the phone out of his hand as I looked at my brothers watching me back carefully. I wouldn’t dare rat them out…not after they want to be my family, not when they didn’t do anything to me. I dialed Tanner and waited for him to answer and as the third ring came up I hung up and handed Scott his phone back.

"What happened?" Drake asked.

"He didn’t answer", I sighed. They stood up and I stayed seated.

"Who did you call?" Troy asked.

"Tanner. "

"Lets play a game or something", Drake said.

"Yeah… let’s play charades!"

"I hate that game!" Troy and Scott said out.

"We’re going to play if she wants to play guys," Drake told them.

"No… it’s okay we should play a game that we can all enjoy", I tell him. I looked ever at Troy and Scott and gave them a smile. "What kind of games do you like to play?" They shrugged and looked down at the floor. "Any sports?"

"Football!" They say together and I felt my smile fall. Damn do I hate football.

"By your reaction I guess you don’t like it".

"It’s just not my favorite sport to play", I say honestly.

"Alright then what is your favorite sport?" Scott asked.

"Volleyball", I tell them and they gave out a smile.

"Fine let’s play," he says heading out to the backyard, where the sun was beaming down at us with it’s extremely hot rays.

"Alright Drake pick your partner", Scott tells him. He looked at us and picked Troy so I was partnered up with Scott. "So are you good at this?"

"Yeah", I say.

"How good exactly because I hate losing".

"I was captain of my team."

"Nice". We planned on how to help one another when we’re in a difficult situation, I was the one taking care of the front while he was in the back to get the high balls.

"Ready?" Troy said and I nodded my head. He hit the ball and the game begun.

*

"You guys cheated!" Scott yelled out at them.

"Dude face it you suck! It’s over we won anyways by three points", Troy says patting his brother on his sweat head. These boys are really in shape, during the game they took off their shirts and showed me that they work out a whole lot since they had a six pack… but that didn’t distract me at all since their now family to me and nothing else.

"I’m going to take a shower", I say out loud so they could stop fighting about the game.

"Yeah okay", Drake says before looking over his phone and he started freaking out. Is he in trouble? I watched as he walked off trying to get as far away from of us as possible. I entered the house and went to the bathroom and took a shower.

*

Tanner:

"She won’t answer!" I tell them as I paced back and forth.

"What if someone took her?" Samantha asked sadly.

"Don’t say that Samantha", Sam tells her. What if she’s right? What if they came after her when we were asleep! But how? Did she leave the tree house? No, doubt it she wouldn’t dare head down by herself, she could have woken me up.