Chapter 42: His Rage

"Yes," I said out but no one clapped or cheered as Tanner took my hand and placed the huge wedding ring on my finger. He stood up, took me by the hips and placed his lips on mine.

"No!" We heard Scott yell out. "No! No! You! You have something on her!" He yelled out. "You’re making her aren’t you!"

"Shut up!" Tanner said out angrily.

"Scotty stop!" Sasha tells him.

"Sasha this is wrong! Her decision is wrong! We all know she doesn’t love him! She loves me!" I felt tears form in my eyes again.

" Stop dude… she made her decision", Daniel tells him keeping him away from Tanner and me.

"No! She’s being forced I know it!" He yells out.

"Just deal with the fact that she’s finally mine Scott!" Tanner tells him roughly. "She’s mine and I’m going to make her life filled with happiness and love… her and my baby". I looked over at Scott and he showed out a look full of rage.

"She’s mine and so is the baby!" He says out before pushing Daniel away from him and rushing over to me. "Why are you doing this?" He asked with tear filled eyes.

"I-I…–"

"Leave the poor girl alone Scott", I heard Abby said as she made her way towards us. "If she said yes then it must mean that she loves him".

"It’s an act!" He said out.

"You know what, fine, ask her yourself". Scott eyes looked into mine as he walked closer to me.

He got on both knees and took each of my hands into his. "Please Paisley", he said sadly. 'Please tell me this is an act and they are making you do this". I had to keep everything inside of me to not tell him the truth. I looked around to see everyone waiting for my answer. I took a deep breath.

"Scott…I’m so sorry," I say squeezing his hands. "I’m getting married with Tanner for happiness", I tell him before Tanner pulled me away from him.

"Well then", Abby says clapping her hands together. "Cheers to the beautiful couple!" She says out holding out her cup in the air, everyone slowly raised theirs and muttered what Abby said. I looked over at Scott still on his knees but he was now looking down at the floor.

"I’m so sorry". I turned away for one second until I heard the squeak of shoes storming out front door.

"Scott!" I heard Sasha yell out and off she went chasing after him out the front door. I hope he’ll forgive me.

*

Scott:

Anger, hatred, agony, and frustration filled me as I ran out the house but stopped when I heard my sister.

"Scott stop!" She says out again. I turned and looked at her with tears in my eyes. "I’m sorry this happened to you, but maybe this is fate telling you to stay with Abby"

"Abby!" I laughed out. "Abby is the one that had Paisley captive!" I yelled at her.

"What!?" She said before shaking her head.

"Yeah… and guess who her partner was."

She stared at me and when she finally said his name I felt anger rush in me again. "Tanner wouldn’t be capable".

"Tanner would be capable! He and Abby were planning on something".

"Which is?" I shrugged.