Chapter 49:

Chapter 49: His Surprise

1 month later: His Surprise

My aunt and I have been tighter than ever! During our discussion we talked about baby names for her daughter, and we chose such an adorable one; Clara. At that same moment we heard the doorbell ring and we all froze. Aunt Natalia looked at the time and smiled at me.

"It's alright everyone", she says setting a hand on my shoulder. "It's just my husband". She struggled to get up from the couch due to her big stomach so I stood up instead.

"Can I answer it?" I say and she smiled happily. "I just don't want you to get up... and well I want to meet my uncle".

"Of course sweetie", she said with the same voice my mom would. I walked to the door and opened the door to see a man wearing a suit and tie. He gave me a confused look then smiled. I froze in place... why am I acting like this? Why aren't I saying anything to him?

"Um can I enter my home?" He questioned me. I didn't say anything. He started snapping his finger waking me up and I opened the door for him. I watched as he entered the house and looked at everyone around my aunt. "Care to explain who all these people are Natalia?" He asked staring at her.

"Oh well this is Paisley's friend...but she thinks of him as her brother", she says pointing over to Drake. He gave him a weak wave. "This cute fellow over here is Paisley's boyfriend Scott," she says and Scott got up and shook my uncle's hand.

"Yes, yes... but who is Paisley exactly?" He asked unsure and I felt my heart fall for a second.

"I am", I say finally speaking out and he turned and looked at me.

"Of course you are", he said looking away from me.

"Quinton", Aunt Natalia said roughly.

"I'm sorry Natalia but while I was on the plane I was hoping I was going to be with you and our daughter... not in a room with teenagers!"

"Maybe we should leave–"

"Yeah you should", Uncle Quinton said.

"Quinton this our niece! She isn't going anywhere!" She said out furious at him. Uncle Quinton looked at me carefully. "She's my sister's daughter!"

"You mean the sister that hated you?!" He said still looking at me. Oh hell no! He will not be talking badly about my mother in her house!

"My mom never hated anyone! But I would certainly know that if she would... she would hate you for sure". He glared at me and rushed to me and yanked my arm.

"Who do you think you are speaking to me like this! You are a nobody", he said before smiling. "Just like your mother!" I was so furious with him and what he just said about my mother crossed the line. I kneed him and he curled down and that gave me the chance to punch him on the face making him fall to his floor.

"Paisley!" Aunt Natalia says rushing down to her husband. She's protecting him but not her sister?!

"We're going to leave", I tell her and I walked out of the house. Everyone started following me and when we got in the car we just sat there silently.

"What you did in there Paisley was–" I cut Drake off.

"I know, I know very unprofessional but–" he cut me off this time.

"He deserved it...I know that if he talked bad about my mom I would have left his entire face bruised up".

"I agree...I don't think I've met your mom but I would still defend her", Scott says squeezing my hand.