chapter 14: Nothing To Do With You

Chapter 14: nothing to do with you 

''How are you feeling now?'' Tanner asked me.

''Better it doesn’t hurt as much anymore''.

''I’m sorry Paisley'', Tanner says squeezing me softly.

''Of what? Nothing that just happened was your fault''.

''I know but by the way I treated you after coming over…I lied about tutoring a person…I feel guilty for not letting you in''. I took his hand and pressed on it softly. ''Don’t try to comfort me Paisley I don’t deserve it''.

''But you do Tanner, even though you were mad at me doesn’t mean that I wouldn’t comfort you in you’re bad moments. You’ve been in my life for six years and helped me through everything so I should be the one thanking you.''

''Well if the both of you are done with you’re little memory romance can we talk about something else?''  

''Alright like how your damn girlfriend tried killing Paisley!'' Tanner yelled out.

''She wasn’t my girlfriend! It wasn’t bad enough you let your girlfriend on her own!'' Tanner and I looked at one another then looked away.

''We-we aren’t dating so there was no reason for me to always keep an eye on her.'' I stood up from the couch not handling this talk anymore so I walked out the dorm room.

''Paisley!'' Both boys yelled out. I kept walking, what’s the point of going back if there just going to argue about relationships and blaming one another for something ridiculous. I heard footsteps from behind me, my arm got pulled making me spin around and be face and face with Scott.

''I’m sorry alright'', He let go of my arm. ''I’m just always frustrated when you have moments with him'', he says while pushing his hair back.

''I’ll always have moments with him Scott, he knows me more than anyone I’ve ever known''. He stood in silence.

''Then why aren’t you dating him Paisley? If you two carry so much past together then why isn’t he you’re boyfriend?!''

''Why are you getting mad? I’m not in love with him Scott so why would I date him?''

''Somewhere deep you know that he’s the one you can count on.'' I looked at the ground, sure I thought of that once but that doesn’t mean that I don’t love Scott after all the stupid things he’s done to hurt me. I heard him scoff and I looked up. ''Who do you love then? The truth Paisley''.

''You. I love you. It’s always been you Scott haven’t you noticed that?''

''No. No I haven’t so quit lying Thompson''.

''I’m not lying!''

''Yes you are!'' He looked away for a second before grabbing my arm hard. ''You—you are nothing to me…I want nothing to do with you ever again alright?'' I looked at him in the eyes, is he serious.