chapter 19: Before the trip

Chapter 19: before the trip

Well since my last class ends at five then it’ll leave me just a 1 hour to prepare the clothes I want to take to the trip but, here I am still waiting for Tanner to come and pick me up. I looked down at my phone, great he’s fifteen minutes late. I grabbed my things and started making my way out the building bumping into him just like I do every day.

"Scott what are you still doing here?"

"I was um… I was–"

"Just tell me the truth no lies."

"Fine I was waiting for Tanner so I’d beat him up", he says normally.

"Are you insane! Why in hell would you beat him up?! You can get an automatic expulsion!"

"He purposed to you! Doesn’t that mean anything to you?"

"Of course I do it’s just that to me he was just being sweet and generous he didn’t really use the words 'marry me' he just bent down on his knee that’s all that means nothing." He scoffs and rolls his eyes at me. "Either way Scott there will not be any violence while I’m around, you promise?!" He promised then sighed." Good." I began walking until he stopped me by grabbing my arm.

"Where you going?"

"To pick out what to wear for tomorrow".

"It’s only a day Paisley there is no reason to try to go all out."

"I’m a girl I want to look good while I’m out even if it is just a business trip". He smiles at me before walking slowly toward me and sweetly touching my cheek with his thumb.

"You always look beautiful." I felt my heart skip a beat, I should already be use to this by now don’t you think? I looked into his hazel eyes and suddenly I saw the regular him, the one I fell in love with before.

"Paisley?" I turned around slowly not want break eye contact with Scott but once I did I caught some very furious blue eyes looking back at me.

"Tanner", I say softly.

"I see you have been spending a whole lot of time with Scott lately," he says grumpy.

"Well it’s just been today really," I say sweetly trying to not to get these two in an argument.

"Why does it matter she’s always going to pick me", Scott says out.

"Oh really if that was true then she wouldn’t be with me most of the time!" Tanner exclaims.

"That’s because I didn’t want to face the truth that I’m the father of that baby!" Scott looks at me and gives me a smile. "But I do now and I’ll take full responsibility for you and the baby". Yes!

"Bull shit!" Tanner yells out.

"How?!" I asked.

"He’s only saying this to piss me off trust me Paisley inside that mind of his he’s just winging it, he doesn’t care about the baby at all! He only wants the satisfaction of knowing he beat me for getting you!"

"Whoa dude, you’re such an ass why can’t you just give up? You know she will always love me! Why can’t you let her go?"

"I CAN’T!" Tanner yelled out. We all got quiet. "I just can’t".

"Why not?" I asked

"Because…because when I look at you Paisley my heart literally races, this only happens with you. I know you’re supposed to be mine and the funny thing about this is that I still have our rings".

"Wait a minute rings?" Scott asked confused. I looked at Tanner with amazement he still has our rings, I can’t believe it.

"I’ve actually been caring them in my pocket ever since we came back from my house".