ꕥ Chapter Thirty-one

"there's a party this weekend, wanna come with us?" Renjun asked sitting down on one of the stools as he watches the triplets in the garden playing again.

Jeno hums, "I would love to but-" he paused and glances at the glass door towards the garden eyeing the triplets as he turns to Renjun. "The kids and–"

"You can ask someone out to babysit them for the night this Saturday, I'm sure it'll be fine," the fox hybrid shrugged nonchalantly.

Footsteps were heard and Chenle emerges in the kitchen as he sat down beside Renjun with furrowed eyebrows, "what did I miss while I was in a phonecall?" He asked.

The elder rolled his eyes at him, "gossiper," he murmured earning a glare. "There's a party this Saturday, wanna join us?" He repeats the same question he previously asked Jeno.

The young beta grins, "well duh, Jisung will go with us too. He finished most of his paperwork and his schedule isn't that packed," he stated.

"Great, and the only ones left are Jaemin and Jeno." Renjun said turning back to the cat hybrid who was baking more cookies for them to eat since Hyunjoon wanted some.

"I'm not really sure if we could come along, and who's party is it anyway?" Jeno asked getting the cookie cutter to shape out the dough.

The fox hybrid scrolled through his phone, "it's Minghao's party, apparently his mate Jun had arrived back home after two months in China," he stated looking up.

"Come on hyung, come with us this Saturday and let loose! It'll be fun!" Chenle chided getting up from his seat to grab a box of strawberry juice.

Jeno chewed his lip hesitating, "I'm not sure Lele, no one will look after the kids and what if something goes wrong?" He said worriedly taking another glance at the garden.

Hyuntae was pushing Hyejin on the swing from the small playground set while Hyunjoon was busy playing with his toy trucks on the dirt making a mess of himself. He'd probably take another bath but that's fine.

"Relax Jen, don't worry about the kids too much." Renjun said trying to persuade his friend with his tail swaying and his ears perked up.

Jeno almost looked the same, except his ears were low on his head, a sign that he's in somewhat peer pressure but at the same time worried.

"Clearly you don't know what's having kids like Injun," the cat hybrid sighed saying it with no bite at all. "I'm just worried what'll happen if I'm not there to keep an eye on them, especially on Hyunjoon."

Renjun hums, "well you really don't have to worry that much, you just gotta ask someone you know to take care of them. Plus, Hyuntae is mature enough and will probably help the babysitter too." He stated.

"But what about Jaemin? I don't even know if he'll allow me to go," Jeno said thinking about what could be the possible reaction of his boyfriend if he heard about this.

"I knew you'd ask that," the elder said. "Don't worry, Haechan's got it covered," Renjun winked as if he had just predicted the future.

"He does?" Chenle asked raising a brow in doubt.

"Of course he does, or else he'll be sleeping outside again," the fox hybrid grins through his teeth with his tone stern.