ꕥ Chapter One

Trigger warning: attempt of abuse

Jaemin wakes up from his alarm, he groans and turns it off as he stretches and ruffles his hair. He stands up and grabs some clothes before going to the bathroom to get changed.

Once he's done, he takes his briefcase and puts his shoes on before heading outside his room, he knocks on some rooms loud enough to wake the others up.

He lives with five people in his big house, three werewolves and two hybrids. A fox and a cat. He unfortunately hates the cat one.

They were a pack, they have lived together for several months now

They were a pack, they have lived together for several months now. But all of them except one are leaving soon, two of the youngest in their pack are waiting for their house to finish.

Another pair, which is the fox hybrid and another werewolf will also be living together, they are just looking for the right house at the moment.

The cat hybrid, ah, the damn cat is staying to Jaemin's dismay. All of his friends were mated to the one's they'll be living with. The only ones that doesn't have a mate, yet atleast, is Jaemin himself and that stupid cat.

Jaemin goes downstairs and checks his watch, he still has time for breakfast so he'll just take his time. He walks to the dining room and places his briefcase down before turning around the corner.

He abruptly stops and immediately groans when his eyes lands on a small puddle of pee, he clicks his tongue in annoyance and looks at the door to the backyard and sees a white haired boy with a long furry tail and matching cat ears

Jaemin glares at the new comer, "Jeno," he calls with a stern tone, the said boy flinched on his spot with a mop in hand and looks at him shaking at the tone of voice.

Jaemin's glare hardens, "what the fuck did I tell you about peeing in the house?!" He raised his voice making the hybrid shake even more.

Jeno's white furry tail hid between his slim legs as it puffs becoming bigger while his ears flattens on his head, "t-to pe-pee in t-the bath-throom," he answers as he grips on the mop tightly.

The hybrid could smell the alpha's pheromones from his spot, he doesn't have a great nose but they sometimes cooperate when they want to. He shakes as he could smell the scent of pine trees and smoking campfire harden and strong, indicating anger.

Jaemin was angry, and Jeno was petrified as he closed his eyes shut seeing the werewolf walking over to him. A hand grabs his arm harshly, "why won't you do it huh? Fucking dumb cat, it's not that hard to pee in the bathroom!" He yells.

Jeno is clearly not potty trained or pee trained at all, he was still learning new things, even the basics, he was clumsy and also oblivious at some certain things. Luckily, the others are helping him through it, especially his fox friend, Renjun.

"'M s-sorry," Jeno stutters with a slight lisp, he starts to pronounce things vaguely when he's utterly scared and right now is one of those moments.

Jaemin grits his teeth, "dumb cat," he said before raising a hand to hit the poor boy, Jeno shuts his eyes even more as he whimpers.

Suddenly a voice stopped them, "Yah! Jaemin!" The alpha stopped and huffed at the familiar voice, he turns to look at his werewolf friend, Haechan. "Stop it, dude," the boy said.

Jaemin scoffed and lets go of the cat hybrid as their fox hybrid, Renjun, rushes over to the scared boy. "There, there, No-yah, you're okay," the boy said softly at the younger.

Jeno clings onto Renjun as the elder continued to comfort him, Haechan glared at his fellow werewolf friend, "what was that about now?" He asked with annoyance.

Jaemin rolled his eyes, "the cat fucking peed on the kitchen floor again," he gritted through his teeth. Haechan only crossed his arms at him.

The boy sighed, "it's only a small puddle this morning," he paused, "we'll clean it up, simple," he said with a shrug as Jaemin clicks his tongue.

"No way!" He refused, "he peed, he's cleaning it," he emphasized as he glances at the cat hybrid while letting out some scents.

Renjun sighed and looked at him, "I'm afraid not now Jaemin, your scent is too strong and intimidating, it's scaring him," he paused, "not to mention you have your alpha aura on display."

Renjun leads Jeno to the living room as Haechan gently took the mop out of his hands and ruffles his soft hair, the two hybrids walk out and Haechan only rolls his eyes at Jaemin who was glaring at the two fading figures.

"You need to calm down Jaem," Haechan said as he cleans the small puddle of pee with the mop, Jaemin grunts as he goes to the cupboard and makes his coffee.

Jaemin boils the water and leans on the counter with arms crossed on his chest, "I will once that cat uses his damn brain and stops being flipping annoying," he grumbles as Haechan tsked.

The beta finishes moping the mess and pours some alcohol on the spot where Jeno had previously peed, Jaemin pours the hot water on his mug and mixed his coffee together.

"Jeno's just a slow learner, He's fragile and new at some things," Haechan shrugs, "despite being nineteen, he's still learning," he paused with a sigh, "he was an orphan before," he adds sadly.

Jaemin only tsked, knowing not to fight back since it's a sensitive topic for his friends to talk about. Jeno was an orphan until he was 16, he was adopted by two werewolves, Doyoung and Jaehyun, and both treated him very well.

Jeno then moved in with the pack when he graduated, Chenle had brought him along since they were very close friends, the boy had introduced him to the pack and he was welcomed. Well, except from Jaemin.

Apparently, Jaemin owns the house, the boys were looking for a place to stay in until they find their own home. Although, he didn't expect to have a cat hybrid along.

Haechan took some pots and ingredients as he begins to cook some food, Jaemin checks his watch and places his mug in the sink. The alpha grabs his briefcase and fixes his suit before telling Haechan he'll be leaving.

He walks pass Jisung and Chenle and greets them, the two greeted back before going to the kitchen, Jaemin then walks by Renjun and Jeno sitting on the couch watching a TV show.

Renjun sees him and waved goodbye as Jaemin nodded, "b-bye Jaemin," Jeno mumbles audibly with a shy look, the wolf rolls his eyes and smirks when he lets out some pheromones.

Jeno stiffened and squirms on his place as Renjun didn't notice until he felt a hand clutching on the side of his shirt and the smell of smoking campfires, "stop it, Jaem," he groans as Jaemin only chuckled before leaving to his workplace.