ꕥ Chapter Ten

Jeno hesitated to knock on Jaemin's door as he stands outside at the hallway at 7 am in the morning. He bites his lip as he just stood there as if the door would magically open.

Jaemin has work today, supposedly that is. But it's already 7:03 am and the werewolf usually wakes up at 6 o clock at the same time Jeno does.

The hybrid contemplates, should he knock? Will the alpha get mad? Will he get mad if he disturbs him? Or will he get mad for not informing him? Oh God, which is which?!

The blond fumbles with his fingers and before he knew it, his hand was lifted up in the air as it was curled into a fist and knocked on the door lightly waiting for Jaemin to get it.

15 minutes, yes he counted. Fifteen minutes and no one answered, shit– is he dead?! Oh fuck, what does he do? Call the police? Yeah right, like they could help–

"What?" A voice spoke as it echoed through the walls of the silent household. Jeno flinched with his tail freezing mid air and his fur puffing out making it look bigger.

Jaemin stood there with his pajamas and messy hair, he had tired eyes and a slightly red runny nose making him look like a werewolf version of Rudolph. He basically looked sick, like quite literally both ways.

Jeno shuffled on his feet as his ankle bracelet jingled from the bell, "u-uhm, it's seven A.M," he whispered while Jaemin raised his eyebrow and leaning into the doorway. "A-alpha has work," he mumbled.

Jaemin's lips quirked up a bit as he chuckled, "well, as you can see," he croaks with his voice cracked and sounded like he had a sore throat, "I'm sick," he motions to himself.

Jeno widened his eyes and his mother cat instincts kicking in like a punch in the guts, "alpha's sick?" He mumbled with a pout as he scanned Jaemin's face.

The said alpha brushed Jeno's hair behind his ear while it twitched, admiring the hybrid's pretty face and how adorable he looked when he's concerned. Let me rephrase that, concerned about him.

Jaemin nodded and coughed on his fist, "I'll be fine," he sniffled as Jeno grew even more concerned. "Now why don't you go downstairs and wait for me, I'll drive you to work."

"No!" The hybrid exclaimed making the alpha flinched and furrowed his eyebrows smelling something. "Alpha needs rest, Kitten will help alpha! Alpha is hurt," he frowned.

Jaemin took another sniff and realized the scent of Vanilla and Hyacinth surrounding them a bit faded and strong like it was switching, it then clicked on his mind that Jeno was really worried and his cat instincts kicked it.

He took another look at the omega and sighed seeing how Jeno was close to tearing up if he doesn't take care of Jaemin even though it usually is the other way around.

The alpha lifts the hybrid's chin up meeting glassy and dilated eyes, he mentally groans at himself knowing what Jeno is doing. He's persuading him with cutesy shit, and it's fucking working alright.

"Do you want to help alpha?" He asked and brushed Jeno's cheekbones with his thumb as the boy leaned in to his hand purring softly.

The blond hummed, "mhmm~ Kitty wanna help alpha so alpha will be better," he mumbles and flutters his eyelashes to look up at Jaemin.